Event Review: October - "Time Flies"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapaki

Marshal
It's that time again! Give us your review of October's event.

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews get you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

Last edited:
1. Talking with the greenman was a lot of fun.
2. I would have much preferred if people stayed in game during the MMO mod.
3. I like the game that happened at the Tavern it gives it makes it very interesting. I also like to see that the PC by their action gained allies that are willing to come to the Breach and help them.

4. There are many but here are 2.
Situation 1: Bota notices that a wood spirit was in the room and got attracted to it. He listened to the stories with an overdose of excitement. This spirit is so wise, it knows so much. It also talks about different people with very interesting stories.

The spirit tells Bota that he reminds him of another dryad he met. The name of the Dryad is Confiance.
Bota: Oh Confiance is a word from my language. It means Trust.
Bota: You are so wise I still have so much to learn so I can help people like you do. After all I do not even know what "dog piling" or "tea bagging" mean yet.
Garridan: I can help you with that. He whispers the meaning of tea bagging in Bota's ear.

After freezing for a moment and being speechless. Bota seem to not be happy about what he was told.
Bota: Oh no I do not want to know this. This is not going to help me. I wish I could simply forget it.

Garridan give Bota a Amnesia elixir.
Bota blinks for a second. He is a little confused. Why is he sitting a table when he was just standing at the back with his other friends. His other friends are not there anymore either. His attention got deflected to the spirit of the forest and he forgets about the confusion.

Bota hear more wonderful stories about Confiance.
Bota: Oh confiance is a word from my language. This dryad speaks my language. It means trust.
Everybody else looks at him and know that they already heard all of this but he does not remember.

Situation 2: Bota really enjoyed his new friends the Irregulars. They were quite nice and would like to adventure with them some more in the future. He asked them if he could join their group and be a member of the group next time.
They look at each other and are not just how to answer as no one ever asked that question.
Bota looks at them with a big smile: If the requirement is to be irregular, I have been told many times that I am quite irregular. I believe I meet the requirement.
They look at Bota and tell him he definitively is irregular.
They accepted Bota as a new member and it made his day. He sure looks forward to seeing his new friends again.

Last edited:
I had a lot of these this weekend. Most of my weekend was spent with inter-PC politics and RP and it really made me feel like I'm starting to establish exactly who Siegart is. I enjoyed how much of this weekend I spent hiding under a hood in the middle of the woods paranoid that fellow breachers were searching for me and my companions.

I think my absolute favorite moments this weekend however were provided by my fellow Irregulars for being as awesome as they were, I feel like we're really coming together as a unit and it's so so so much fun to play with you all!

I really can't think of anything to improve on this weekend. The one thing I would have wanted to improve wasn't something we could improve, I feel like NPC camp was completely strapped and I don't think we had as many NPC's this month as we have in other months. So I suppose lets build our larp to make everything bigger and better? :D Well done everyone though.

I really liked the fights this weekend, every fight I felt like I was trying to figure out what type of damage worked, or how hard I should be swinging to try and hurt all the crazy creatures we fought, it was awesome!! At one point I tossed my spear aside to whip out one of my silver boys to go after some gnolls. After the fight I looked at Boris and asked, "You know what that is?" indicating to my spear. He just shrugged and I replied, "That is a legendary spear... just laying on the side of the road."

Briony and I were walking back to the Breach when there was a huge kerfuffle going on around the jail, we came up to ask what had happened and learned that apparently Aurora had been caught trying to kill a bandit, then ran screaming into the night.

Zeelo silently padded away from the growing argument and the two of us followed suit, "What really happened?" Briony asked.

He explained the situation to us more thoroughly.

"Alright," I said, the three of us still walking. "You check the marketplace, we'll check Smuggler's Road, whoever finds her first we'll meet down by the archery field."

With a silent nod Zeelo turned and disappeared.

Briony ended up spotting her first, hiding behind a tree as Aurora was diligently listening in on what was happening because of her actions. Silently Briony enveloped the diminutive Tari Nor in her cloak and simply said, "Let's go" and the three of us faded into the distance to catch up with our mantis-kin friend and figure out what to do with the ensuing complications.

(One of my favorite moments of the entire weekend, most of my favorite moment happened a few minutes later but I'm purposefully leaving it out. Those who were there know :))

I personally Like the MMO mod, it was fun to deal with in character, it wasn't everyones cup of Chai but I like it, it was novel and produced some interesting RP.

Stratagy with Evo and Boris, I felt listen to to the points I made, which honestly has been a rarity in my LARP life.

The conclusion of the Saga of the Masks, it was a nice series of Mods and felt real.

Throwing disarms at Al-zoon, without taking Obliterates.

No one dying on my first command, dispite me not being ruthless enough.

The Music video taping was kind of of in the middle of everything, if it off to one side it might have worked better to less irtate some of the players. I loved it and was willing to help out everytime they asked.

The Portals being Lairs was a little rough, especially when they were not labled that way, we treated them as missions and assigned people as missions.

I taking a bit of am of the Players here, Learn to make stuff to do on your own, trade tell store talk shop, learn new things, there will be down time, if you take some effort to fill it you will find you won't notice it so much. interaction means you help some one else out too.

Does Abe as A-lzoon count? The Sass and Glouting go up to 11.

"No one cares about me, you should have let me, die!" says Pro

"Your sister cares, we have proformed your parts of you life it in this script, here is the proof." remarks Cival

"Let me die, there must be more poision in this house."

"You need to live, we are here to save you, that means we care." replies Shiv

"Shiv, SHIV!" says the Spirit of the Director

Shiv turns towards the Director.

" You are a ****." says the Director with his last breath

"I know." and Shiv turns back to Pro.

Last edited:
The Portals being Lairs was a little rough, especially when they were not labled that way, we treated them as missions and assigned people as missions.

They were not presented in the traditional LAIR method, no, as they were a result of someone's IBGA. But they were still formatted as and within LAIR envelopes nonetheless. There was poor communication on both of our ends. Either way, duly noted for next time.

Interpersonal RP was ramped up and I loved it. Every IG interaction I had felt solid (for me at least) both in who Briony is and how she'd react, and as if she were being seen as herself.
I was trying so hard not to laugh while slept on the Tavern floor, hearing people bicker about who had to tell me about my sword, snoring to interrupt a speech...I had fun.
The rp that I got to have with people Briony usually doesn't have much to do with was really nice. There's some growing and shifting dynamics for her, and new relationships to explore.

I felt like the people filming were...insensitive to the game. I didn't necessarily mind helping but at least twice I was interrupted mid-sentence during an rp moment and asked if I wanted to be in the video. All immersion died and both those moments fizzled right out.

I didn't dislike the MMO mod forwhat it was, but I think mixed with the videoing for the Saturday and how much folks generally fell right out of character with the mod really soured it for me. I removed myself from the interraction, and would have avoided the fight, only I hadn't had any loot yet and knew that was probably going to be my only chance, so even my reasons for participating were oog.

Finally, I'd like to remind everyone that, despite our bravado, we're all real people behind our characters. Words hurt, so choose them well. Besides which, we're an immersive Fantasy game. We can come up with absurd terms and phrases that convey our feelings appropriately and won't be mistaken for OOG anger. Plus, IMO, they're far more amusing.

Small festivals. They really lend a sense that we're part of a kingdom with a culture and a sense of real people who live there, normal people.

Peasants being peasants. I know we always have them and I adore them. I should interact with them more, and I'll try to in the future. But they make the world seem more solid, more real.

So, that was it. She wasn't getting her sword back. People were angry, yelling at each other for whose fault it was. Mar offered her a replacement, as if something like that could be replaced. She was grateful for Bogar's offer, for the promise of such an honour, as much as the responsibility of it made her wary.

But it was her sword. She smiled when people talked to her, shrugged it off. She was fine, that's all they needed to know. Everything was fine. Except that her sword was gone. Her bloody sword, barely held for more than two months, swiped by some eight-legged creepy crawlies out for blood and vengeance. How did she get so caught up in all this? The one thing she owned that was nice...The one thing that had made her feel like more than a simple youngest child of an overgrown farming family. Made her feel like maybe she had a purpose, a reason for her swagger.

But she smiled, because these people mattered to her and she didn't like seeing the place rip itself apart. There was pruning off the dead weight and then there was just killing the whole tree, and lately it felt like this tree was dying. She'd never say it out loud, never show her belly in such a way, but these people were people she cared for. Besides, she could always get a new ******* sword. And the next one would be even better.

Balancing the scales with Siegart was great, even if I'd have liked it to last longer than it did. The mechanics of the MMO fight were great, I loved that the original lair group had to do one fight while the town did a separate but related fight just outside the circle.

Getting scolded for being out of character immediately prior to the MMO fight. How were we supposed to stay in character for that? I don't usually mind immersion being moderately broken, but between that fight and the music video, saturday felt, to me, like a waste of time.

The actual mechanics of the MMO fight were a blast. Sectioned-off fights like that, where a small party has to do something in one area, but affecting and being affected by a larger battle nearby, would be cool. Probably hard to implement, but that's not my problem. :p

Seeing Siegart step out the back door of the tavern, Craeth followed, feeling a jolt of adrenaline as he caught Garridan's eye, and another when Garridan casually asked the group of people just outside, "Anyone need a magic armor?"
Drawing a throwing knife under cover of his cloak, Craeth stepped up behind Siegart and waited until he answered Garridan with a "Sure!"
*Waylay four.*
Thud.

The Dream Lord module - nicely written and well played by the NPCs. No combat but sill very engaging with the dreams we had, and the temptation of the offer from the Dream Lord.
The Extreme Lair - both NPCs and PCs seemed to be having way more fun than usual. Especially watching Brookes concentration and enjoyment if matrixing the arrows coming at her!
Finding out the "Extreme Lair" was NOT Greek for "You are all going to die!"
Dinner! It was beyond awesome! Wow!

Nothing in game. Some of the OOG unhappiness of PC and NPC pulled thing down a bit. Not every moment of every encounter will fit you well (my "four magic" seldom is effective these days), but enjoy the ones that work for you ( I heal like a good thing!) and relax!

I am not sure it was the video or the mmo mod (it wasn't for me) but the RP seemed thin a times. May just have been me and where I was standing. More RP!

Standing inside the Hidden City, Isawda felt... over whelmed. The quiet of a city frozen in time seemed to seize his mind completely. Did its resonance call to him for a reason? Was there something he needed to find there? Perhaps himself and his center which had been unsettled of late...

The end of the Theatre Ghost plot arc was really amazing to be part of. Forcing the group to be NPC monsters temporarily was a really awesome touch. And the cursing each other to escape a tower was also hilarious and fun to do, even if we got a little vindictive. :p

I found the MMO mod to be quite interesting as a person, but as a character it fell flat and felt immersion-breaking. It was a very neat idea and I felt it was played well by the NPCs, but it felt really out of place thematically. I wasn't too bothered by the video being taken, but I heard a few complaints from people about being interrupted mid-RP to go get footage; I feel like it could have been handled a bit better by the film crew who they chose to approach and when.

I'm not really sure. It's nice that our actions are having major repercussions from one event to the next (in this case the Spider Queen and all that went down Friday night), but I'm hoping that in future we don't start chucking around blame quite so harshly when things go really bad; like a couple of people before me have said, it's fine if your character is upset, but I think we could use a quick reminder to make sure that whoever you're upset with in-game doesn't feel like you're mad at them out-of-game.

Phalaenposis sat happily near the fire, fanning the flames to help the fresh logs ignite. Everyone else had gone off to fight the undead that had popped up around the Breach, leaving him to tend the fire himself. Not that he minded; it was cold that night, and even though he could throw a cure spell at a skeleton to help out, he felt he'd be better off conserving his magic until someone was in need of healing. He carefully folded his scarf again used it to bolster the fire, sending small cinders up into the clear, starry sky. As the last of the fresh logs caught fire, he heard something approach; he quickly set his scarf aside and prepared himself to leave if needed, but it was just another Breacher coming back from the fight. He couldn't see who it was, but they yelled at him all the same.

"You here by yourself?" they'd asked, to which he called back a short, "Yes." He thought he saw them shake their head a bit and heard a laugh, "You're going to get killed if you're by yourself." "Well, so far nothing's come over here, and I wanted to keep an eye on the fire." Phalaenopsis replied with a smile, looking back at the flames, 'But I appreciate the concern.' he thought to himself as he looked up at the stars. The night felt warmer, somehow.

My favorite moment during the event was a combination of two things. I enjoyed having Aezir get cursed to see colors and having some people mess with him by telling him what certain names of colors were. I just need to remember what names he thinks certain ones are now. I also really enjoyed having the effects from all the Alchemy come back and randomly effect me for the weekend. I was given a list of certain things I had to do throughout the day from "You are Berzerked but when you try to hit someone you throw up", "You will randomly be paralyzed", or "you forget the last 10 minutes." I was also just randomly told that something is now effecting me by a marshal. But was given the over all rule that any of the effects would not debilitate me during a fight, and no effects will let me hurt another PC. It gave me so many RP moments which are one of my favorite parts of this game. Also I did like the mechanics of the MMO fight. It was brilliant and so much fun to have to weirdly work together with another team of people.

However with the MMO fight the presentation of the mod was a bit daunting in my view. This isn't saying it was really bad just seemed out of place and a bit hard to accept it was a thing that was happening until it started up. Its also just a bit hard to ignore something that big being set up in front of you. But its understandable that it must happen at times. As I said I loved the MMO mechanics were amazing presentation might have just needed to be worked on.

I would love to see more mechanics being used such as the MMO fight. More things that were more then one group fights off these monsters until the other group solves the puzzle. I would also like to see more stuff that bleeds events together other then big mods such as the Spider Queen issue.

While walking through the woods with Siegert they came across a Gnoll who looked like he was trying to pull people into a trap. After a brief little fight with the Gnoll and realizing he couldn't hit hard enough to get through Aezir's defenses, the Gnoll started running off. Aezir figured he would have a bit of fun and try to do a bit of "hunting". After following the Gnoll for a good 10 minutes he noticed he was about to move into the commons, he picked up pace to finish him off. When he was just about to catch up to the Gnoll he watched as Shin webbed the creature and killed it outright. Feeling the rage of his kill being taken away from him he will need to teach this little Teri Nor a lesson for taking his kill away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back