Event Review: One Ale of an Evening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breten

Artisan
I hope that everyone enjoyed the tavern night and the cliffhanger! Remember to get those IBGA's in! :)
It means that it's that time again to ask for your thoughts on the event!

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews get you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

The first event for Ruki Lanark

I think it is tied between two....it's either when Briney (is that how you spell her name) paid me a gold to 'not see something', when I didn't actually see something (so I got a gold for free). OR when Kai taught me how to read and write, that was neat and fun. Also, the auction with everyone showing up was really cool. I also sorta have my own sorta in-joke with people..."But I'm a married man!" OH! And when the person came in with her 'baby'. So many things.

2. Post Your less favorite moments
I was a little disappointed I didn't get to get into a fight or go on a mod...but that could have been my bad for not talking to the right people at the right time. That is the only thing I would have changed.

3. What would you like to see more of
More mods for lower level PCs (There are 4 of us now, haha)! Perhaps a few more bar games to get people up (as the dwarven one was used once?). Also, random NPCs just coming in and doing there thing. That was pretty great, added life.

"We're very discreet at the Pleasure Palace"

"But I'm a married man!"

"We're very discreet."

"But I have a wife!"

"VERY discreet..."

*sobbing*

Last edited:
Briony and Becky had a spar and it is so neat to see how people improve! Becky is getting so good with her sword and board!
All the NPCs that wander in and out. It really makes it feel like we're in a city and not some bubble of only us adventuring types.
I love the stuff Briony is involved in and I'm afraid I can't get more into it than that.

There was some confusion and lack of info at the Irregulars mods (especially the end section, though I understand, these things happen. Maybe hard copies of the mod's main info in case of electronic glitches?). It wasn't a huge deal, it all got sorted, but it kinda halted the momentum of the story and the rp in the story.

Again, the NPCs that fill the spaces, even if only for a handful of minutes, really brings the world to life.

Briony was furious. Between the current job the Irregulars were on and the situation with the refugees, things were going sideways and she could only do so much. She walked into the Ogre's Head knowing she had one very distinctive weapon and it wasn't Wrath. She was, often, seen as simple, a drunk, a brawler. It kept people from digging too far. So, she'd take up the offer of the Intoxicates, get herself right and embarrassingly wasted for a couple handfuls of minutes, reinforce the idea that she was an ale-soaked little girl playing at Illusions of Grandeur, work out some of her stress through boisterous laughter and tears. Fall out of a chair or two, let loose. Place that mask firmly over her rage.
There was work to do later, after all, and it was better that folks only see a laughing face, leaning awkwardly, making bad jokes, blushing and playing at being gruff. So she raised her mug, drowned her sorrows, and played the fool. There'd be time enough later for stable footing and hard looks.

1. Post your favourite moments
Getting to interact with many more PCs. Small space means more chance to bump into folks, sit down and chat etc. As hard as it may be to believe for some folks, walking in as a high level character that I only usually play 1 time per year makes it very difficult to "get involved" with PCs as their storylines are usually running pretty deep, so interjecting in their adventures is, at least for me, difficult as I don't want to step on toes of those that are playing regularly.
2. Post your less favourite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
Watching PCs immediately escalate situations. I mean, if you were in a bar, in Calgary, and some guy comes in and talks **** about your buddy, would you immediately pull a gun and shoot him? Likely not. Even though we are in a "fantasy" setting, players should still remember that not all things have to immediately escalate to "well, let's just kill them." When James and Rachel came in looking for Garridan, the amount of immediate death threats were insane. When he ran and people attacked him (for no good reason) Jaxx was astonished. Those people were sent to the stocks for assault and I hope people take that to heart. Not every NPC needs to be killed (especially in the open of the tavern) just because they are "jerks" or are "talking ****".
The PCs remembering that the Mezzanine is still an IG area. Not to drop out of game the moment you walk through the doors to the tavern. I witnessed an interrogation in the mezzanine and was about to walk out and confront the PCs about it, but then had to chat with a couple others and was sidetracked.
Jaxx walked along the streets with the Iron Brotherhood, heading to meet a "Mortag". Soon enough it seemed as though we had stumbled upon an ambush. Sizing up the enemy force and knowing his friend's skills, he decided to forgo drawing his blade and instead pulled some of his multitude of gas globes. One by one, the Sect members fell to paralysis, and sleeps, allowing his friends to remove this blight from Calanhelm with extreme prejudice.
While walking along, Hamish stated "that was expensive for you" motioning to the globes. "Well worth it" Jaxx replied as they made their way back to the Ogre's Head.

Character: Ruellia

I liked watching people being drunk all 3 of them. Just as fun as in real life.
Good laughs with Ruki and the newbies. I think we made ourself part of the game quite well.
The never a dull moment atmosphere of the tavern. So many people to meet and things going on. I liked that it was one thing at a time with slight breaks in between.
The Tavern being auctioned, (Called it!) and we tried in vain to buy it for some reason. Poor Yetta.

Watching group after groups leave on mods and adventure without me. I will try harder to get in on the action!
The one outing I went on I didn’t really know what was all going on... Maybe its for the best?

Tavern Games, i'd be game to try the crate and sac game next time.
Food if that’s possible.

Briony: LEAVES!
( That's my cue! I Come running.)
Briony: Check on her baby.
(as I go to check on it get Nauseated!) *I had a poison Shield i didn't use, newbie mistake... Puking is so much fun thought...
The baby... is dead... (Blaaggghhh)

- Once again all of the PvP RP that I got to do was by far my favorite part, even if it is a touch more tiring than combat. lol
- Even if it was a bit irksome in character, it was kind of refreshing to be in a no win scenario, it's a good reminder that we aren't untouchable and it was a real wake up call to Scarlet.
- Being super tired and thinking it would be really funny if I moved Rovinder's box.
-
- Like every month it was a me problem, the whole cufuffle with the bounty hunters was very embarrassing both in and out of character. Scarlet will definitely be more careful in relation to who he tries to lite on fire.
- No one thinking that me moving Rovinder's box was funny. XD
- No one coming to find me when the Grey Lady mod came up, seriously I was just in the back room. And now she probably thinks Scarlet is a flaky dipship.
- Not being allowed to shut up that stupid manager, sorry but if you beak off like that you deserve a swift boot up the ***.

- More lively music to dance to, I mean it may have just been that plot wanted to set the mood with some dramatic music but I really would like to see people dance more. Everyone is always so stiff and uptight. Maybe Scarlet just needs to get people drunk. And then we will all dance >:)

- If its at all possible if we could put up some sort of small stage that would be super cool. And it would add to the atmosphere of the tavern instead of it just looking like a big room with tables it would give some division of space.

4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character d
Scarlet pulled his hood up and hung his head in defeat. The weight of the entire land felt like it was weighing him down. 'So much death' he thought to himself. Everywhere he looked there seemed to be nothing but despair and he was helpless to do anything. The problems with the refugees were getting worse. He hoped that more would take the offers of the nobles and the guilds, he only could pray that the attacks would give them the motivation they needed to leave this awful place. Men, Women, not even children where safe. Damned be the monsters that were killing them. Scarlet swears under his breath.

He sighed loudly as he thought back to the last time he felt the slightest bit of actual joy. One image came to mind. It was of Shin, giving him that stupid grin that he only gave when he had just said something that made Scarlet roll his eyes in frustration. He chuckled silently to himself. It was strange how angry he made Scarlet feel. But at the same, Shin could make him feel completely at peace. He would be dreaming of that grin tonight.

Scarlet then turns on his heel and lights up his pipe as he walks down the street. "Time to go to work then"

Player: Logan-Thomas Stevenson
Character: Scarlet
PN: 150

Last edited:
1. Post your favourite moment.
Learning archery from Yeta. This was the first skill I was taught in game and it was while learning this skill that my mind stared opening to the possibilities of where my character can go.

2. Post your least favourite moment.
There was a lot of sitting around not doing a lot. As a new player you are uncertain of who people are and what is going on in the world. And I had no idea what my rumor meant or how I could use that information.

3. What you would like to see more of.
I would like to see more low level mods. Maybe something where we get into a fight or two. Something that helps new players get started into the game.

4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character.
Random guy walks up to me:
I'll tell you a story for 1 silver.
Another person I don't know:
You can pay him 2 to stop.
Me: I think I'll hang on to my money.

I had a lot of these this month, forcing me to be completely knackered for an hour really got me in the mood to roleplay and I got up to so many shenanigans because of it. From meeting all the new people (named George ;)) while inebriated, to going on an official Duchess' Guard mod in which I saved a kitten. I really appreciated the amount of effort and work that went into something seemingly random that happened IG with the taking of my chest, and turning it into an incredible amount of roleplay and adventure for me!

I also wanted to mention in the after-game meeting but we didn't get much of a chance, all the new players had INCREDIBLE costumes! I was completely taken back by the amount of detail their day one costumes had! You guys came out to your first event with an incredible amount of style! Cannot wait to see what you guys come up with in the coming months!

I also enjoyed that I went through the entire evening without a fight, haha! Not that I didn't have my chances to, I really enjoyed intimidating the bounty hunters (I only wanted to scare them!) and James' reaction to that whole roleplay was perfect! Just up and booking for the door! I think if he'd gotten away that would have been a perfect exchange! I also had the opportunity to drink my way out of one fight, and I talked and paid our way out of another fight, I really enjoy the fact that the NPC's can really go with the flow and change an entire mod at a moments notice. I hope I don't make things harder for them in doing so, but I also feel like it's brought out some incredible RP, and hell... sometimes when you talk your way out of a fight, you end up with a magical talking door in your loot pile ;)

I also loved how much the PC's interacted at this event, all too often I find in taverns that people find their click and just sit at a table and talk amongst themselves for the entire night. I felt like that didn't happen at all at this event. I feel like we've become a much more welcoming chapter and involving a lot of the new players on mods is not something that you often see. I think it was 4 or 5 months before Siegart really got into anything so it's nice seeing people get into stuff in their first month.
Not a whole lot to post here this month, I was too busy having fun to really have any least favorite moments.

More inter-PC RP, Let me toot that horn one more time but in this LARP you get what you give, and the more that people give collectively the more we get collectively. If we all bring deep, intricate characters with an immense background then we all have really cool and intense puzzles to figure out by getting to know everyone.

The little girl hugging Boris' leg had tears welling in her eyes as she looked up at him and with a sadness that only a wounded child can muster asked, "Please sir, you have to save my kitty, he's up on that awning."

I may be too drunk to remember how many little girls were hanging on to how many of Boris' legs, but I wasn't too drunk not to notice the look in Boris' eyes when that poor girl asked him for help. For fear of the small child receiving a kick as her only response I laid a hand on Boris' shoulder and mumbled, "dun' worreh.. I got *hic* 'this". And before anyone could tell me I was too drunk to do anything I had already deftly whipped a sleeping gas globe at the poor kitten, an easy shot even when drunk, and small sound of glass shattering was hyphenated by the little girls sharp intake of breath as her now-sleeping kitten was falling off the awning onto the cobblestone street.

Or at least would have been, if I hadn't already been diving to catch the tiny thing!

Held aloft in one hand I happily exclaimed to the refugee child, "Y'see?! We're teh heroes lil'girl, now g'home wif-yer kitteh."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back