Event Review: September Super Long - "Time Heals All Wounds"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapaki

Marshal
It's that time again! Give us your review of September's event.

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Gives us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews got you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

1. When I didn't have to fight Sat morning and did the 'first aid' puzzle.
2. When my sword was taken. That pitch black 'fire titan' fight went on way too long. All the threshold monsters made me feel useless as a fighter.
3. I liked seeing lairs that didn't necessarily focus on combat.
4. "There he is. Should we grab him?" Aezir says as Yakov hurriedly walks in dark toward cabin. "He's right freaking there." Apparently, there is a bounty on Yakov's head. Yakov goes to sleep oblivious of this. Next morning Yakov hears of bounty and immediately finds magistrate Evo. "First my sword gets stolen and now there is a bounty on my head. I've came to turn myself in." Evo looked surprised, "There's no bounty that I know of. If someone hires an assassin that's the same as them doing the deed himself. Find proof and they'll be dealt with accordingly." "Looks like Yakov has enemies in Breach"

Loved the Awkwardmancer and his apprentice. I loved being infected as a ghoul and the fact that it surprised so many people. I also loved my hour as a ratkin.
NPCs are always amazing, but I really feel like they outdid themselves this weekend with just running with what they were given.
Over all I feel like the rp from everyone was really awesome, and, even as we were all getting exhausted toward the end, people kept high spirits, stayed in character and were generally fantastic. This was one of my favourite events ever.

Anything that I didn't like came down to myself. As was mentioned at the debrief, it's time to brush up on rules so combat, effects, etc... are handled properly and so I don't have to ask for clarification as often.

This level of RP and in Characterness. More in character debates and moral dilemmas, like how we deal with ghouls (props to the various Tari Nor who I witnessed discussing how they felt about the muzzles being issued) or whether or not Parson's Breach has an obligation to help build a community with the farmers and such surrounding the area, or if it should remain a strictly militant base of operations.

Briony felt her Arcane Armour crumble, her concentration on it having shattered beneath the blows of these undead things. The next swipe left her feeling a sting of torn flesh but also, something deeper. Something more unsettling. Her thoughts traveled to her family, near Calenhelm, her parents and her brothers and sisters and their husbands and wives and all their children. They traveled to the peace that they all knew, how close they all were. She knew that, though she loved them dearly, and knew that they, in turn, loved her, she was an outsider to them. She was not a part of that simple lifestyle and would likely never be. She would likely die out here, or somewhere similar. Alone. With no true friends, simply acquaintances of the battlefield. Companions with which to drink and from whom you kept all your inner, deeper thoughts and feelings. She would never have the peace they had and they would forget her as her body rotted under some blank tombstone in a hastily erected grave built more for necessity than due to any actual feeling of loyalty or attachment.

She was, by now, wailing. Tears streamed down her face, and she had completely forgotten about the fight surging around her. Someone helped her to the tavern, set her at a table just outside, out of the way of the battle, but she hardly noticed. Life sucked and that was all that mattered right now.

My most favorite and less favorite moment are pretty much the same. Getting the plague. It was a pain in the *** to heal but also lots of fun to RP. Almost biting count weetly was fun.
Now that the deep irregulars are charged to protect Luca and the tavern it would be nice to see where that will end up.
Next time don't let the healer get the plague or he become useless in triage (I'm looking at you Darien )

My most favorite and less favorite moment are pretty much the same. Getting the plague. It was a pain in the *** to heal but also lots of fun to RP. Almost biting count weetly was fun.
Now that the deep irregulars are charged to protect Luca and the tavern it would be nice to see where that will end up.
Next time don't let the healer get the plague or he become useless in triage (I'm looking at you Darien )

This is Willow

Do NPCs get to share? In case we do:
1. Oh so many. Itsy-bitsy mod. Going in the tavern for lunch and being mistaken for a wanted dwarf. Twice. Watching a blacksmith trying to calm down a riot in the Quarry. Trying to stop the enraged Kara Vale from cutting into the ranks of invaders with a sword. The showdown between baddies in the tavern and the absolutely epic ritual the next night.
2. Waiting. In the rain... Seemed to have done a lot of that this weekend.
3. RP with players. Finally I figured out how it can be done: step 1 - draw ANYTHING on your face...
4. -Huh?! What?! Are we under attack?! Er... Who you be? Homeguard, eh? Well this boy here is homeguard as well, real nice fella. Wazzat? Thanks, but I'd rather not drink from every random flask shoved under my nose by strangers, particularly since it doesn't really smell of ale. What antidote? Are we sick or poisoned or something? Yes yes, ya captain, but why I need the antidote? Er.. ok, I guess... Ugh, foul stuff - ye really gotta dig deeper wells here, your river water is downright awful and so are whatever mud antidotes you make of it. Can we go now?..

- Continuing with the Ghostly Playwright arc that has been going on with my beginner group since June. It's been a blast. (Thanks Ned, you're the best)
- Scarlett getting to forge his first legendary weapons :D
- Saving Thistle from getting hit with an elemental attack by knocking it away with a throwing knife.
- having so many production points :3
- Being able to scrounge up just enough for my arcane armor.

- Just a couple personal things really:
- the first can be put into one word... math lol I think I will be bringing an abacus from now on.
- the second was something that really hurt me and my character both equally. I heard that Scarlet's rise in the Breach came into question on the Sunday night, mostly at how he's been able to acquire a workshop and then his arcane armor as well as the magic items he's gotten. It just really hurt and was insulting to my character. Especially since 2 of the magic items he has were through MI picks, and the two were given to him.

- everything was pretty cool, I mean threshold is always an annoying mechanic but I did see a lot of monsters that didn't have one in the big battles which was nice.

"Oh how I miss you, I wish you were here my love" Scarlet though to himself as he brushed his fingers over the tokens that Mobeus left for him to keep him safe. Even though it had only been a month since he left for the Remmington lands, to Scarlet at least it had felt like an eternity. Suddenly across the commons he heard "GNOLLS!!!!!!" "Finally, something to take my mind off of him." Rushing over to the commotion he sees two gnolls locked in combat with the members of the breach. "I guess we'll see how well this works" he says to himself. Feeling the magics in his earring surge throughout his body into his hands he yelled "I call forth a firebolt" no sooner had the magical fire left his hand that the creature lay in a burnt heap on the ground. "Yes, This should make a nice distraction" he said as he ventures to find more things to burn.

Oleksander "Scarlet" Konopelka
Aka Logan Stevenson
Player #150

Last edited:
1. It's hard to decide between Yetta's reactions to everything Phalaenopsis found exciting this weekend (my first time being knocked to -1 and bleeding, being Berserked, being Waylaid), finding and bringing back the sarcastic sentient door for Siegart's antique shop, and the staircase game I had to play with Scarlett, Shiv, and Yakov (in which I was a lucky little tree, but would have been excited to have been Paranoid once it wore off).

2. The smell of the incense during the releasing of the fire titan almost made me throw up. Otherwise the whole weekend was awesome.

3. Didn't go on any myself, but as a character that doesn't fight it was nice to hear that mods were run that didn't involve combat at all, . I'd also like the staircase game to make a reappearance at some point, because it was awesome (even if in hindsight I feel we didn't all play it 'correctly').

4. The night air felt both hot and cold at the same time, that strange sensation where you're sweating from fear and shivering with anticipation. The battlefield had calmed down considerably since the start of the ritual, for which Phalaenopsis was glad; he and the rest of the triage team had already exhausted their healing spells and were now reliant on potions to rouse any dying fighters. The shield wall was holding firm, however, with only a few people switching out to repair armor now and then. It was too dark to see anything beyond the wall, but the sound of claws and weapons hitting shields still punctuated the brief pauses in the ritual incantation behind him.

He watched the battle with a mix of interest and exhaustion. It felt as though they'd been waiting for hours for the titan to be freed, a feeling that had only been extended by the foul smell of something burning from within the ritual circle, and he was getting impatient. He didn't really blame Nazrat and Shiv for taking so long; locks are meant to keep things safe, after all, and Al'zoon certainly didn't want this titan released. Still, he found himself tapping his foot and pacing between triage and the ritual circle, and wishing Kai had come with them to help. There suddenly came a flood of power from the titan, and he felt a rapid influx of energy hit him like a stone; his fingertips glowed briefly with a sickly brown aura as the energy converted itself into mana within him, and he shuddered involuntarily at the sensation.

Still, there really wasn't much for him to do; no one was hurt, and refitting armor was best left to someone who at least knew the basics of blacksmithing. While the rest of the Breach cheered at the refreshing flood of energy, he reached into his purse and ate another snack.

Tyler Sadler
Phalaenopsis

1) Almost finding out who is in fact more stubborn, Yetta, Morrigan or Bogar. Then doing the Thriller dance inside the bad circle while I waited for the effect to take.
2) Getting my ankle stomped on, and learning the effect from the bad circle will affect Yetta for a year (neither of which can be changed, but I have no other constructive criticism)
3) I would love to see more of using rumors & information as currency. Yetta has been telling people for years that she takes rumors as payment, almost no one has taken advantage of that
4) Yetta stands outside the circle cast in Ilsa's Rest... she is conflicted & emotional. She herself has made a big sacrifice to try & keep her town and customers safe, so she empathizes with Hamish's choice. With tears in her eyes & emotion in her voice she says to all that are there... "I don't care about Hamish's title as Squire, or if this makes him a Knight... his most important title is husband & friend. This seems so wrong on so many levels." Just then Garridan walks in, hears Yetta & says "he's doing what heroes have to do" When Hamish takes the knife from Evo's shaking hand, Yetta turns away - she can't watch.

1) Getting to be a stab happy hallucinating berserk paranoid person for about 2 mins. Aezir Eating a bunch of gas globes. The ghoul fight/song off thing. Being the shinyest person when we were with the spider queen. My dule with Aezir. Uhhhhh..... the whoal damn event exept for the cold rain.
2) Being told that if i bite someone as a ghoul the take a death. I cannot Bring myself to do something like that yes I can beat them up sure but I can never kill an friend.
3) More things to make me stab happy without the need to give someone a death.
4) As we entered the next room I saw there a gnoll defanitly not in his right mind in the cave with the kid in the back scared and food on the fire. As i enterd the room i knew something was wrong suddenly there were 2 more gnolls more fire and more of everything.... Aezir suddenly stopped moving and there was another blob I decided it would be a decent target because of the amulet mar had given me it couldn't harm me.... then I was paranoid.... and then really angry at everything snapping slightly out of the hallucination I finished off the Blob and went looking for something new to stab. Thistle (IM SO SORRY) happened to be my new target missing a few swings she new something was wrong dodging me the gnoll passed by seeming out of gas globes in my rage I went after that next. Shortly after I killed it I felt an extreme hunger and just blacked out.

Talon

Last edited:
STIG IS LAW!!! Lol
Becoming a deputy was fun but slowly felt the toll of figuring right and wrong per say.
Snatching elemental packets out of the air was great too (except when I would call resist then realize I still have armor and it was only 5 damage doh!)
Seeing Talon giddy as hell during the ghoul waves cause he could fight along side the big boys and hold his own without fear of a "frezy" on us really had me smiling
"Talon. More come"
"WOOOOHOOOO"
:D
All in all it was a great game with so many things happening.
Oh and seeing Sarryn rid of the abomination that was once part of him was a very happy moment.
Sunday nights ritual. The ghoul waves out side were fun but hearing what happened to Hamish struck a huge nerve with Stig and his brotherhood, but luckily the fatespinner had a back up plan for Sunday morning.
Having to try and keep the people safe by muzzeling the infected PCS was nothing stig would ever want to do again especially with the "not elves" and trying to figure ways for them all to be able to help out with battles without hurting people sucked.

Personaly insta mods and such. Not that I think there wasn't enough just that I never found any but 2 that Stig could not do, but I didn't really look so that's on me.

Standing in front of the portal with Hamish and Garidan to one side, Tilo and Aurora to the other, Stig just glares angrily ahead to Kar'ra Vale and her mob of filthy creatures.
He can see off behind them his brother bear Magnus' body disipate. His head lowers in shame that he could not make it to his aid in time. As he looks up the mob begins to move in on them and stepping out front leading is his brother and guard capt. Boris.
Stig begins to burn with hatred for this vile bitch taking his friends from him. As the others make their way through the portal from a fight they can't win Stig stands looking for any hope. And at the the last moment he steps back through the portal, he will not turn his back on his brothers.
"If ve not find yous in circle. We find yous anoder vay broders" he grunts through his teeth as the sight of his brother vanishes as the portal envelopes Stig.

Unlocking 2/3 of the locks for the Fire titan battle was cool, my first real use of lock-picking.
Stopping Boris from entering the tavern and telling him only happy thoughts could go in. It was an intense moment for Shiv as he was standing ground against one of the strongest fighters.
Holding in the several shield lines during the battles.

I will try to make this point as constructivally as a can, I died the game to Shattered Spirit hit from a shadow.

I understand that the shadows are related to a plot related to the chrystal and this is on going plot but Shattered Spirit is a overally strong and extreamly lethal ability. That sugests to me it should be very rare, not something that is out every night until a plot is resolved. Mechanically Alliance is a game with a low armour value for all classes. 5 Shattered Spirit is a four hit death sentence for a scholar.

Shattered Spirit is ability that creates false fear, it is a pure mechanical effect driven fear, it in no way creates story driven fear which I assume is the goal of the Chrysal and the Shadows.

The NPC that killed me was very new, my opinion is that Shattered Spirit is a bad thing to hand to a brand new NPC, because it for the reasons above is going to cause a bitter reaction. [Speaking of Which I am sorry for being angry PC to that NPC.] further it always going to leave doubt in the mind of the dead PC if honestly the PC action truly provoked the NPC.

As an aside I really hated dropping my gear in the rain for an hour, that kind of sucked.

Instand mods with Craftsman or other less often used skills those were great. Puzzles related to combats mods like the Titans, that was nice.

Shive stood ready, he was the third line, no foe could come passed him and spoil the ritual. it was the task he had. Shiv whispered to himself "None shall pass."

As a whole, this weekend was filled with awesome roleplay. My itsy bitsy Queen was fun, the Romani mods were a blast, turning our sour luck at being stuck back outside yet again for the last ritual into the Ghoul sing along was inspired. Not sure how, or where we managed that energy. Apologies to the PC's, but winning the KV fight.. unexpected, blink blink.. wait... what? we won? ooops... ah, to hel with it.. Huzzah!
Hearing all day the last ritual was IN the tavern. Then being told to go outside in the rain. I almost said I'm hitting the showers instead.. warmth, sweet warmth, not dry, but warm.
remind me to bring hand sanitizer to aid in warding off the plague. Maybe some various props? backdrops for photo ops.
shiny things or dinner? or BOTH? tasty little PC's... / I've been cursed by a gypsy to tell the truth, so maybe we'll just leave it at that. Someone out there doesn't want to know.

1. Favorite Moments, there were a few
Finding that sword insta mod was amazing. I had been tweaking a backstory for Bogar for two years and suddenly all of my questions about it are answered.
SO MANY SHIELD WALLS! I was really impressed with our coordination in those fights (80% of the time). It actually was starting to feel like we were all one unit.
Energy from the NPCS: seriously, 4 days of terrible weather and you were still going all out. Props
Quarry Missions: Wow, I seriously did not expect that to take on such a big role but it was how I spent a large chunk of my time and even led to my first IBGA. I was also really impressed with how even though I have no real role outside combat, there was still things to do. Add mouthing off a noble and my weekend is complete.
Fights with Ceryn: To be honest, this was always a bit of a downer for me as 1. I was continually being beat into the ground but mostly 2. the conflict in it. But this weekend, maybe with the more time, I was able to see that it in the proper light so that when I walked up to Ceryn on Monday and said "Your Mother was a Hamster and your Father smelt of elderberries, let's do this" it was perfect.

2. Not so favorite moments
So I realize I probably would not have got the sword insta mod otherwise, but the first round of mods were a little too well hidden.
Weight of my armor dragged me down at the end, need to learn to take breaks.
Overall our combat is much better, but there still seems to be a bit of charging going on from both ends.
Better dissemination of information. A couple times this weekend we were caught out by confusion and not in-game but because the NPC's were not informed. Mostly these were handled well (like when we had not got the phrase for the KV mod) but maybe some double checking in the future. As an aside to that, I know it looks better if you guys can roll off the important information from memory but maybe carry around some cheat sheets just to be sure.

3. See more of
Don't let 2. give the wrong impression. This was one of the most amazing weekends by far. I honestly don't know what I would want to see more of.

4. Perspective
Already tired and irritable, Bogar made his way to the Observatory. The thoughts of his suffering kindsmen and others weighed heavily on his mind. As the door to the office swung open, he saw one of those who maybe the cause of all these troubles. In his fatigue and anger he forgets ranks and titles and stumps in.
Fop: I didn't invite you in
Bogar: Too bad
Fop: You are addressing a lord
Bogar: (Son of a #@$@#$#@$#@) Forgive me.

Bogar goes to leave and is outside the door when Lord Fop asks who sent the message that arranged this meeting. (More internal swearing)

Lord Fop: First of all I am head engineer, not overseer. Second, I am a lord. Third, you do not REQUIRE anything of me, you REQUEST.
He balls up the message and throws it at Bogar, now breathing deeply to restrain the urge to bury several feet of dwarven steel in his heart. But this fop is needed so Bogar will wait outside. As the door closes behind him, he is left standing beside Lord Fop's clerk as he begins swearing heavily. A moments thought.

Bogar: Excuse me, may I ask your rank
Clerk: I am a Lady
(#@$@#$#@$#@$#@)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back