EVENT REVIEW: "The End of the Line" - November 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapaki

Marshal
Here we are again, at the end of the summer season. What an explosive finale!
Thanks for a great set of weekends, everyone - see you in the winter, when once more the antics of Calenhelm reveal themselves. What will the next few months bring?

If we could have IBGAs and MI picks in by Saturday, December 3, it would be greatly appreciated!

**NPCs - Do not post here. We have our own review, which I will be posting to the FB group. Thanks! **

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews get you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

What a great end of season event. Just want to thank all the NPCs and all of plot for putting it together. Now onto the review:

1. One of my personal favorites was cutting off the legs of those who become trapped during one of the lairs. It was brutal, but effective....plus, made for some fun roleplay. Some other favorites: coming face to face with a dragon, twerking to raise the tower (oh baby), the escape, the wild hunt mod (!!!), Annette/Barnibus, and the big town fights.

2. Leyline puzzles. If we could replace them with someone else, that'd be awesome....any time they've come out it's been frustrating. And not the fun kind of frustrating. The first big town fight? While it was a lot of fun, with the constant heals/lifes/releases going out, it didn't really make for any real sense of danger.

And one more thing, while not a problem...I think having less time before the great conflagration arrived would have been better. 5 minutes was more than enough time for everyone to get out with all of their belongings. Cutting that down a bit would have really increased the stress/intensity, and force some really tough decisions.

3. More traps! Especially in combat, added a new element that was really rad. I also feel like the Breach has sorta lost it's way when it comes to combat tactics/formation....I'd like to see us get that back.

4. Siegart opened the door, his shield pointed towards the goblin who had knocked on the tavern door. As he moved out of the way, Ruki left the safety of the tavern....and quickly felt the two quick stabs into his back. THe last thing he remembered prior to waking up was the one who stabbed him running off, laughing.

When he awoke he was hurt badly and had his hand stuck in a glass of warm water....but that wasn't the worst of it. To his right were the two who had caused him quite a few headaches over the past nine months....Annette and Barnibus. And unfortunately, he knew that they were here for him....

Evacuating the Breach. That was fun, but done in great time! Going on more than one adventure, despite coming back almost dead from the one. Dark Thistle was so much fun. Talking, collaborating information, I felt more involved, loved hearing things from the perspective of PC's, things that Elachae didn't know.

Nearly losing Nazrat several times.
Puzzles are great, but if they aren't as brutal and under pressure of TPK. (I have never even seen a layline puzzle b4)

I didn't get to go time travelling, made it too late, but the mass gatherings, the collaboration, the knowledge passed around between players. Awesome stuff.

* looks up at movement from the sky* Elachae barely remembers to bow to the majestic griffon as he lands..
The great Conflagration is coming, we have minutes to flee.. he will try to buy us another 5 minutes.. I run to the house, more to see if I can help, as I only had my axe to grab, bump into Mar, hands full, grab his shield for him, and get out..
She sees Stig running towards the Lux and follows, hearing some people are heading to the portal. Unsure, shaken by the morning's misadventure, I choose the Lux, thinking "it's got protection, right? That was the plan? The Griffon said he'd..wait.. buy us another 5?!?.. He wasn't... planning.. on fighting that... thing for us... dying... Feeling humbled, and wishing luck and survival to the Griffon, I run.

Lisataime Powell

I had a lot of these this month but overall the best thing I saw was the communication between players, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who was sharing info with each other, it really felt like we were all on the same side for once and working to a common goal. When people came back from lairs and story and patrols I noticed that there would be a buzzing hive of activity and storytelling, it warmed my little Tari Nor heart :)

Time walking to the point that we had 3 Zorta's was incredible! Though Siegart is now haunted by what happened there, knowing the exact moment when you're going to be killed and still having to live each day would absolutely terrify him. This story spanned two characters for me and I am so glad that I got to see it both begin and end.

Finally meeting the council. This was big for me as we've been observing them for months before this and it was cool to interact with them and see their reactions when we already knew them. What an epic ending.

The huge town fight with the council was epic to me, I felt like they had a unique chance to see how their experiment had run its course over four thousand years and were able to see a good show. Physos egging me on to see the different ways that I'd deal with the fight throughout that whole fight really pushed me to fight harder. I emptied my entire spell list and my wand... about 60 - 70 packets... oO

Meeting the guardians was about as big for me as the council as well, the Iron Root storyline is something that older players can't help but know because it's awesome and I'm glad we got to share it with a lot of the newer characters. I cannot -WAIT- to see where this goes.

My interactions with Elspeth were amazing on a personal level that connected so many dots and answered so many questions I've had over the last two years of playing Siegart. As well as having soooo many new theories about what's going on in our game. That was by far one of my absolute favorite moments for sure.

I loved the set up of the Sunday fight with the multiple circles, it forced a bunch of us to adjust our strategies in the combat on the fly and made us use our heads to properly fight. We’ve had fights before that have had interesting mechanics to make it more then just a ‘tank and spank’ and I absolutely love it every time! Thanks guys

I was honestly on such a high this whole weekend I don’t have much to say here.

The only thing I can think of is that player’s should stress more how much weather and food and hydration can affect their moods. I’m wondering if throughout the year that some peoples moods are affected by a rumbly tummy rather then a frustration sometimes and in the future I think that’s going to be my first suggestion to people that bring up frustrations. “Let’s grab a water and a snack and sit in some warmth for a bit while you tell me what’s up.”

I know that’s affected me before and I think it just clicked this month when a few other people came to me.

Players helping players learn the stories of everything that’s happening and sharing stories of everything they’d done over the weekend. This was amazing this weekend and made it feel like the whole weekend gelled together, we could all do our jobs easier because we were all communicating.

It’s funny how you can have chaos all around you with three groups of people locked in battle, and still a moment of clarity will slow time down to a crawl as you mull over a thought for what seems like an eternity. Zorta had only mentioned to me about three seconds ago that to end this incursion we had to kill the two time elementals and that one of them was a corrupted version of him.

During that moment of clarity a few things went through my head, ‘Jorketh is the other time elemental, and she’s also a dryad. She was corrupted by Al’zoon to become what she was.’ Then a dot connected itself, ‘Which means that Al’zoon ends up corrupting the Zorta we know the most, and then we’re the ones that have to kill him here, tonight.’ And finally, ‘Which means that Zorta has known about this since he was young enough to be whisked away by the Council to be taught. He’s always known what his fate is going to be and that he’s going to die by the hands that he asks for help.’

Brows furrowing I turn back to the exhausted looking time-walker, “If we do this. You’ll die here though won’t you?”

My question is more for my own clarification at this point, which the answer brings, “Yes Siegart, however that’s what must be done.”

Walking towards Aezir and Xamot to inform them of their main targets I can’t help but feel haunted by the thought of knowing your mortality, and knowing when it will end.

But at least the circle has come undone.

Since I was only there for a brief amount of time, I would have to say that the Lair I head up was pretty fun.
Thanks Ruki for cutting off my leg. I really liked roleplaying that part.
Going to the Hospital at the Lux and experiencing their rehab program was quite amusing. I cant two-step for the life of me, so I was stumbling around with two left feet in the dark.
Collaboration with the my team and see what our options are was good as well. I felt like it wasnt just one person heading up the entire Lair.

Nothing! My less favorite moment is not being there for the full weekend and seeing "The End".

This would be more of what I would like myself as a character to grow but to practice more roleplay. I find that if I am put on the spot, I kind of freeze up. I am hoping to engage myself more in the winter months.

As Arlyne and her team ran away from the cute, but intimdating cats, laughter erupted from them as they have gotten out of earshot of the fluffly furballs.
"That was fun" she said breathlessly, gasping for air.
"It sure was", says Ruki.
Walking back in the dark to the Breach, Arlyne feels a sense of accomplishment and pride of her team mates. A smile tugs at the corner of her mouth. "Maybe this place isnt so bad after all..." She thought.
Little does she know....

I'm giving Krow's review three thumbs up and adding my signature to the bottom.

I went on a lot more adventures this weekend, that was partly to do with the lower number of players but more so because I was more willing to go out and hop into groups and say "do you need me to come with" or in the case of the time travels "what the hell sure I'll come" when in the past I would just say "see yeah later"

Almost being left behind in the past simply because I was kneeling a step behind my companions. .. think about how much better my smiting would be compared to them lol

Looking out at the breach during the evacuation felt very cinematic

My poor workshop...

I liked how we shared information more and hope we keep that up

More opportunities for new people to join existing story lines like I did with zorta and the time traveling

1 favourite moment
My favourite moment was traveling through time. And working on the heart stones.

2. least favourite moment was accidently putting Evo into his bleed count with a stray arrow. and when we were going through the memery tangu and arlyne both got pined and we didn't have aNY releases. so we had to cut their legs off and restore the limbs. ( in game I didn't like doing it but it was the only way to free our friends.)

3.the newer players being less timid to go on an adventure because they think they will be a hindrance. I've been having the most fun just jumping in on people's adventures helping out. I haven't come out of a mod feeling I was useless yet. I did feel I could have done a bit more, but I wasn't useless.

4. finally getting the lay lines puzzle figured out. yelling this while simultaneously pulling my claws out and getting up from the bench "It's glowing! Put the thinger on it!" just as I'm getting my first swing off the elements we were fighting went poof because the stone was put in place.

Man, what can I say, the whole weekend was awesome. I really enjoyed the non-aggression mod, going through the hospital in the Lux. I also thought that the panic of evacuation before the elder dragon arrived was really cool OOG (a little stressful in game, but I live for that). All in all, super cool end to the season.

None! I thoroughly enjoyed every moment.

More non aggression mods! It really leaves a ton of room to sit back relax and role play.

Also, more weaker enemies would also be pretty cool. This is more due to me being a newer (read: weaker) player. Getting the opportunity to really get into a fight and not worry about getting 3 shot. but that's more of a 'me' problem and picking my fights better.

"Alright Tengu, how much for that longsword?" The two breachers stood in the biata's cabin, finally finding a moment to trade valuables.
In the distance a cry rang out, muffled by distance "evacuate! evacuate!"
"Um, did I hear that right?" Jack asked.
"Yeah..." responded Tengu.
"We should probably do this later." Jack said quickly stuffing his belongings back in his shoulder bag.

Once the young rogue had ascertained that the dragon was coming in five minutes, the race was on. Quickly cleaning out his cabin of all his belongings before rushing towards the portal.

Waiting a few moments to make sure no one needed help, Jack turned his back and ran through the portal.

- Talking to other other PCs about my crafting guild and getting a great response.
- Dipping Scarlett's toes back into the merchanting game, that definitely gave me the warm and fuzzies.
- Running like hell and shoving a life spell in Nazzrat's chest.
- This was both one of my favorite moments and my least favorite moments. The big meeting with the guardians was both terrifying and exhilarating. I mean I'm still beating myself up that I couldn't think of anything to ask... Like in the million questions I had, in the moment I couldn't think of even one of them...
- Jumping over a box and quick casting a bind spell at an elemental... then catching my foot on the box and almost destroying it. It was definitely one of those "Oh I feel so bad ***" moments before I caught the box then "Shiiiiiiit... I hope no one saw that" when I hit the box.
- Kiting the elementals on the Brighthammer mission. That was kindof delightful.

- Mmmm I wasn't really a fan of how the Brighthammer mission was written, mostly because I was sure that there had to be a way to save her husband. Then post game I found out that we were kind of set up for failure since the only way to save him was to put our weapons down... which with elementals running around trying to kill us that wasn't really an option... I mean it's not a criticism on the plot member who wrote it, just because it wasn't my cup of tea doesn't mean that it was bad.

I can't think of anything, there was a lot of great things this month. Well done!

Sitting my the fire, Scarlett speaks with his friends while enjoying the warmth. Suddenly he hears "LIFE!!!!! WE NEED A LIFE SPELL!!!!" With0ut hesitation he jumps to his feet. "WHERE!!" he yells in response. "IN THE TAVERN" he hears from someone, the adrenaline flowing through his veins blurring the voice enough that he cannot discern to whom it belongs to. As he departs Shin appears "Quickly! it's Nazzrat!" with that Scarlett summons all of his strength into a burst of speed and rushes towards the front door of the tavern. Narrowly slipping on a patch of ice he skids around the corner and bursts through the door, moving into the main room he sees Nazzrat sitting on a bench with no signs of life. He pulls back his hand and draws the magics from his bracelet into his hand and shouts "I grant you the gift of life." As he does he punches the magic into Nazzrat's chest. At the same moment Nazzrat chokes a few breaths in. With Nazzrat alive Scarlett sighs "I need a drink" he mumbles as he turns and heads towards the bar.

- Logan-Thomas Stevenson AKA Scarlett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back