Event Review: The Masquerade Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonKitty

Scholar
I hope that everyone enjoyed the annual Masquerade party! :)
Which means that it's that time again when we ask for your thoughts on the event!

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews get you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

Learning a little more about the relations between some of the noble houses
Being invited to join to Irregulars

Not something wrong, but having to deal with so many nobles was worrisome, didn't want to offend any of them

As much as I dislike talking, the intruge between the houses is very cool to witness and be a part of

'Wait, who are these people coming in.. they have weapons drawn that can't be good' I reach for my sword, and mentally curse when I remember that it was taken by the homeguard

Small talk with the Fatespinner, Some conversations with the nobles, Trist pretty much at all times.

I blowing my Incant again, oh wait you meant stuff you control. I know I had a challange of not know how to receptive the nobles that I hadn't met were to talk to a commoner. [that may still be a Me issue but they didn't really seem engaging with the non-nobles.]

I love RP so I love an Event like this was totally RP. The Refugees mod was especially interesting and effective.

I blowing my Incant again, oh wait you meant stuff you control. I know I had a challange of not know how to receptive the nobles that I hadn't met were to talk to a commoner. [that may still be a Me issue but they didn't really seem engaging with the non-nobles.]

I would like to tell you that it is not because of you. That is simply their personality. The NPCS were given directives on the personality and even information on how the perceive the PCs and other nobles. Not all nobility really respect the commoners and to be honest some of the nobles have a problem with those who respect and appreciate the commoners. From what I have seen the NPC did an awesome job at representing the nobility the way they were created.

I enjoyed dealing with the refugees very much.

I could very much -feel- that we had extra time for the masquerade. I think I would have been okay with it being only as long as it usually is.

All this consequence stuff tickles me pink.

The women around her each held a child, one of them had two in her arms. They begged her for help, one pleading with her to take her child. "I can't. It won't be any safer with me.."
Her heart broke. These women could be her sisters, or her brothers' wives. These could be her nieces and nephews. She suddenly wanted very much to go home, to visit all the boring farms her expansive family ran. She wanted to be surrounded by laughter and warmth and the humble meals of her simple family. There was a lump in her throat as she reached out and touched the shoulders of the women weeping around her.
"Listen to me. Listen, go to the Ogre's Head. There's help there. And here...take this.." She began to hand out coin, checking only long enough to make sure it wasn't just coppers. "Take this and go to the Ogre's Head. I was just there. The Keeper swears there is help there."
The weeping clawed at the inside of her skull. She felt very guilty, of a sudden. Who was she to be dressed in this bustled skirt and corset? Who was she to walk the halls of Nobility? She came from dirt. She was born on a rush-strewn floor to a screaming mother helped only by the women in their family. She carried the evidence of this, the dirt and blood under her nails. Scars, and the marks of the sun on her skin. Who was she to pass through these gates? To eat and drink and mingle among those with wealth? She was no one.
"Go to the Ogre's Head, on my life, I promise there is help there."

Seeing a lot people I haven't seen in quite sometime and meeting some new folks. Sheager's birthday party in Ogre's head for first hour was hilarious.

Having some missing tags due to the theft but I didn't need those tags. It'll get sort out next event :)

Seeing the tables of houses was interesting.

Magi Mobus approaches Nakor and Darien. "Which one of you two has the higher rank in the arcane sanctum?" I said I'm not sure while Darien says lore teacher. He looks at me and says "I believe you of higher ranking". Grabs me and takes me to the door. "Here deal with this". Leaves me. The lass asks if I could be her date for 5 minutes so she could see the arch mage.. I said yes though I had a bad feeling about this. I take her archmage and introduce her to him. Arch mage says "Hi Nakor how are you? I replied "Good. This is a fan of your's." The arch mage holds back chuckling. The lass within a moment of seeing him collapses. Arch mage says "Nakor can you take her and get her some help". I grab her bringing her back to the door while Kai shows to aid the lass.

Brian Matthews

Stigs chat with Wheatly, "chasing down" the assassin and retriving him for the big wigs and getting a new northman friend. The whole event was great with the 2 locations in opinion but I will agree with others that knowing this ahead of time for all players would have been nice.

Clairification for which doors were which would have been good (not a major thing)

Not sure really, I had a good time.

Standing by the doors a new guest enters the masquerade. He hands his invite to the home guard then walks in. Stig catches a small glimpse of his face but with his mask and hood stig doesn't recognize him but feels he should.
As he taps his friend Sarryn on the shoulder he asks
"Hey. Who Dat? "
But as he asks the hooded man exits rather quickly. Just then he sees Seville has tell coming over mouthing the words "THAT'S HIM.THAT'S HIM"
And with that Stig takes off out after the hooded man now knowing it's the bastard that tried to kill her grace. As Stig gives chase he hears steps behind him. Briefly glancing back he sees Mar and Magnus close in toe and he now realizes there's no way the assassin will get away.

- Inadvertently having to explain what polyamory was to my Fae date.
- Taking someone out with a knife the size of a nail file. :D
- Pretty much all of the RP throughout the night.
- Seeing all of the noble women's dresses, the noble men... not so much. Actually over all the costuming I saw at this past event was phenomenal.
- All of the sentiments from the duchess, countess as well as the archmage were definitely appreciated by Scarlet, it definitely gave him a bit of reassurance for the time ahead.

- getting whip lash from all of the bowing scarlet did throughout the night. But that's a me problem not a you problem. lol
- Um... I'm just going to say, corsets and combat do not mix. lol

Scarlet was sweating as he waited in line to get in to the masquerade. He wondered if the party would be anything like the ones back home, from how people were acting he doubted it. From the s0unds of it there would be much more pomp and circumstance here. The boisterous laughter coming from the well muscled smith men wearing nothing but their colorful vests and baggy pants replaced with stifled chuckles from the noble men with pants so tight they probably couldn't breath. The uninhibited dancing of the women in their flowing dresses replaced with gossip driven noble women in corsets that somehow looked loser than the men's pants. As he entered the grand foyer of the castle he saw mr Hamish who waved him in. "Scarlet darling come over here" he heard from behind him. He spun around to see Kimari beckoning him to here. he smoothed the front of his jacket as he walked towards her.
"Hello miss, good to see you" he said with a wink.
Kimari's look immediately turned sour "What did I tell you about calling me that" she said squinting her eyes.
Scarlet blushed slightly "Sorry Mi-- Kimari, it won't happen again"
Kimari let out a laugh. "Alright well now I have to search you, you aren't carrying anything harmful are you?"
Scarlet gave a sly smile. "Who me? never."
"Uh huh well we'll see about that" She said as she went to work thoroughly searching Scarlet. "all right unbutton your jacket and give them up."
"I-" He started but then sighed and complied, unbuttoning his jacket and reaching into his corset to retrieve a small throwing knife and relinquished it to Kimari.
"Thanks, now the rest" she said with a stern look.
Scarlet sighed again and proceeded to one by one take out five more knifes from inside his corset.
With a wide toothy grin she told him "Good boy, now you enjoy the party." waving him into the interior of the castle.
"Well that's definitely something that wouldn't have happened at home." he muttered under his breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back