Event Review: Way Station Nya Caelora

Status
Not open for further replies.

mythic

Baron
The Caravan of weary travelers made their way to a much needed respite. The small village of Nya Caelora. The locals had some, concerns, about their administrator, and a few chose to act upon it. Others, at the behest of the Proctors, began several quests to unlock areas of the Lux. The caravan will stay within the town for another week and then begin the trek north.

Please have all IBGAs and MI picks in before Dec 23rd.

**NPCs - Do not post here. Let us know if you had any highlights or concerns in the NPC FB group. Thanks! **

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
2a) what were your thoughts on the tavern layout and the mod area?
2b) what were your thoughts on the Proctor mod you went on?
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews get you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

Surprisingly I was not bored this event even though the only thing I went on was the last proctor mod. I believe it was because of the new characters that got us to engage them and tell our stories.
Finding some mystery metal! (I know, how very dwarven of me.)

At the beginning of the night when the proctor's doled out the quests being told "You have five minutes to get a team together" only to be the last team to go out.

The mod area made it feel more like a dungeon run, and the tavern area made it feel like we were in a smaller town. So both were good.

I did not find the puzzle room with the fairies to be.... fair.. here solve this puzzle, but here is a large amount of disabling alchemy being thrown at you. Oh, you dealt with the fairies that were stopping you from solving the puzzle, well now you have 30min to solve a new puzzle that has taken groups an hour or more to solve in the past.

Other than that, the location was really neat as well as the metal ingot cubes.

Celebratory town guards, though preferly ones that have not caught our own.

"I say we sell the cubes" the boarkin across the table says after seeing the little coin we gathered.
"Aye," Cirric agrees
"We are not selling the cubes, they are what we were tasked with retrieving." I say
"We got a quarter what the others got, selling the cubs will fix that."
"No." I say again then put the three ingot cubes into my pouch as I get up got up. This is what I get for asking unknowns to assist me, though they did indeed help. I look around for Cato as he requested to talk about the proctor mission. I don't see the elf but I do spy Sarren...

At the beginning of the night when the proctor's doled out the quests being told "You have five minutes to get a team together" only to be the last team to go out.

I did not find the puzzle room with the fairies to be.... fair.. here solve this puzzle, but here is a large amount of disabling alchemy being thrown at you. Oh, you dealt with the fairies that were stopping you from solving the puzzle, well now you have 30min to solve a new puzzle that has taken groups an hour or more to solve in the past.

Other than that, the location was really neat as well as the metal ingot cubes.

The puzzle nonsense was basically all my fault (in a very literal sense), so I'll try to do better in future with my obstacles. :( Going last was just sort of how things scheduled out, though, and there wasn't much I could do about it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the setting and the 'prizes', though; I'll try to keep the quality of that up to snuff going forward. :)

1. Favourite moments
There were a couple moments that really stood out for me. The first moment was talking to some townspeople and subsequently leading a stealth mod. I had a blast putting a group together while intoxicated. The second moment was our 10, 15 minutes of drunken hilarity with the Rocholm cadre that came through the tavern. Brilliant RP from both PCs and NPCs for that. I have to say that I had an absolute blast coming back to PC. A huge thanks to the plot team, the NPCs, and the PCs.

2. Less favourite moments
Nothing really stands out on this point.

2a. Tavern layout
Definitely a change. I liked the layout for the mods, the extra room there is wonderful. That said, I feel that the actual tavern area is too small, and could benefit from an extra 5' at the 'back' wall (across from the main door). When all the PCs were in there, it was squishy.

2b. Proctor mod
I love the proctor events we've had In the past, though they've always had some sort of collective objective to them. I found that the objective was lacking any kind of definition. Despite that, I really enjoyed the one I went on with my group.

3. What would you like to see more of
RP! I really enjoyed all the RP I got to participate in and I want more!

4. A moment of your perspective
"Right, and what's your name again? I only know you as Greybeard."
The dwarf looks at me.
"It's Billin."
"Good ta meetcha Bellin, I'm Çerec."
He looks at Magnus, then back to me.
"Billin. It's pronounced Billin."
"Aye, that's wha' I said. Bellin."
The bear interjected.
"No, Billin. Bee eye el el eye en. Billin."
"Tha **** you gettin' after me for? At's what I fuckin' said. Bellin."
Throwing up their arms, the two turn and leave.

Sam

-Getting to be a sneaky-sneak in the tavern
-Getting to go on a sneaky mission! Even though it ended not-great.
-My interactions with some of the NPCs..specifically the brothel owner and the skittish farmer. I like helping NPCs, when they are played well, it makes me want to help even more. So props to Emily and Moira for that
-Getting to be Shadow-Sarryn and use some big magics...sadly, I wasn't able to land a prison or dragons breath.
-Coming back into game as a guard, celebrating their victory and getting drunk. Glad that so many people were a fan of it as well!
-That actions have consequences.

-Little disappointed that Ruki's night ended a little earlier than intended, but that was all my fault. And this is why you gotta be careful with the decisions that you make.

-I'm a big fan of the extra mod area space. Feels a lot bigger. On the other hand, the tavern is very cozy. Hard to find a quiet spot...but it makes sense, it's a small town tavern! Overall, I dug it.

N/A. Prison :(

-Great NPC roleplay
-Consequences.
-Traps I'm not terrified of.

Ruki looked over the room, two guards were down and his allies were preparing for the Wall of Force to drop. He turned to Kumari who was still working on the trap, hopefully finishing up soon so that they could fight their way out and expose the corruption in this small town. He ran through a mental list of what spells and globes he had remaning, and as he turned around ready for a fight he saw a sword to Elwynd's throat.

"...****."

2b. Proctor mod
I love the proctor events we've had In the past, though they've always had some sort of collective objective to them. I found that the objective was lacking any kind of definition. Despite that, I really enjoyed the one I went on with my group.
That may be my fault sorry. I know Azcaine explained the reasoning behind those adventures when we first came in. I forgot to consider that some people may not have been there when he did so I didn't go over it again or ask the team leader to do so.

meeting all the new folks in town, a bunch of fresh faces was nice.

getting arrested and not getting any combat in the night :p our groups fault i know...

i don't know it any different lol

i was in prison

combat :p and less of me going to jail

Jinn watched the guards swarm into the room and looked to his friends, to see if any action was going to be taken. Elwynd was snatched up first, and his lack of action meant they were going quietly. This wasn't Jinn's first choice but if he was going to go, he was going to make the most of it.

"Search those 2, they were in the room! It doesn't look like ant one else was."

"Oohhh no... I wasn't in the room at all" Jinn said with a wink.

"Ok... search that one to"

Jinn looked deep into his guards eyes and said "Hellloooo"

meeting all the new (to me) people

First tavern event, so nothing for comparison

I would have preferred a little more room in the tavern (knocking over chairs)

Although I didn't get to work on it, love that there are actual traps (!!) to unlock.

Traps. at least, to practice on.

(not exact quotes)
we see a box
Thistle: want me to just shatter it?
me: ooh, let me see if its trapped!
Sarryn: umm... no, I'll handle it

Robert Sheets (Kantor)

On our mod we were waiting on Nazrat to disarm a trap when Runt started screaming Bored and sat down.
I also loved the RP between the new characters
It was cool to have a small tavern but it was very cramped at times
I really liked the bigger mod area
It was an interesting mod. I found it funny that I was given a puzzle mod when I'm horrible at that. Thank you Nazrat for bailing me out.
Not sure

After the meeting with the Archmage Cato looks at his student Jinn.....We need to talk.
Jinn and Cato then go for a short walk to discuss his arrest. After a small talk Cato wonders to himself did he need to take a more active role in his students life???

Chris Rudd (Cato)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back