Eviction Notice details thread

I think i'm going to wind up out for food. Too many allergies right now. (and I just discovered a new one. Joy of joys.)

So, after much discussion, the plot team has decided that there is no scheduled skill reset for the game day. We intend to use the game day to tell a story of a war of attrition, battles fought hard, tragic losses, and glorious victories.

We would like to urge you to consider that when picking which missions to PC or NPC for. At the moment, we have just slightly more NPCs than PCs, based on people saying "Yeah, I'm so there", which is good, but it does mean that there is a limit to how many of our normal NPC resources we can spread out. As we mentioned, there is a significant risk of taking one or more deaths if you fail to play smart, and by "play smart", we mean to include things like running away to fight when you're more stocked or prepared. That risk is, naturally, much higher for low-level characters. There will be no obvious "this is the thing the lowbies should go on" missions - it'll be luck of the draw what you face and where you face it. Something to think about in part of planning your strategies, barring certain events, every NPC that goes out will be "fresh from the rear lines" - PCs will not. Finally, realize that if, say, you guys are lacking in healing supplies, it might be better to NPC a shift and maybe request playing an earth caster instead of PCing as your fighter.

We're not trying to be all doom and gloom about it. Many years ago (I'm old, whattaya gonna do?), the chapter I played in ran a "War weekend" once per year. The APL was 20, with every character-statted creature having 10-20 ritual effects. It was expected that every character would suffer no less than two deaths. I attended my first one at sixth level, and counted myself lucky to come out of it with only one death. But oh man, the bragging rights I had...

I want to be able to tell story of how someone held the bridge and died so fifteen others could escape and live. I want to tell the story about how cunning, talent, and skill won the day against a wall of ravening lunatics thirsty for blood. For those that want to pick up the gauntlet, my hope is that high risk will yield high reward. But most of all, I want us all to have a fun time in the sun playing the game we all enjoy, at its lethal best.

If it's not too late, Will and I would like to get in on the group food plan.

Really looking forward to it! I'll be playing my PC at first, but will likely switch to NPC as the day progresses.

where in the park are we going to be at? I want to make sure that the people the Company has coming know where to go, and the NPC's I am sending plot's way also knmow where to go.

A heads up for people, the Portland Airshow is taking place this weekend, just a stones throw from the park, as such, there will be road closures starting at 10:30 am (at the latest) and heavy traffic in the surrounding areas. To be on the safe side, I would avoid Brookwood Parkway as it will have the most closures. The Airshow runs from 10:45 until 5-6 pm, so we'll be battling the worst of the traffic both coming and going, be sure to account for extra time commuting to and from the gameday.

Personally, easiest in & out to the site is:
NW 185th Ave South to Baseline Right (just past the Max light rail line)
Baseline takes you right to the site, it is about 1/2 mile or so past Cornelius Pass road (Albertson's/Blockbuster/Subway on the SW corner).

You can also go down Cornelius Pass Road to Baseline, but that is usually pretty bad during the Airshow also.

beboped said:
If it's not too late, Will and I would like to get in on the group food plan.

Really looking forward to it! I'll be playing my PC at first, but will likely switch to NPC as the day progresses.

Added you both to the food list. It will be good to see you both there.

For everyone else, you have 3 hours left to be added to the list. I will be adding two additional spots to the list just incase we have a few folks that did not see this thread, but these will be first come first serve.

Actually, just found out that another buddy of mine is coming, probably to NPC. His name is Josh Blakey, please add him to the food list. Thanks!

Slice said:
Possibles:
Brandon
Chelsea
Amy

Anyone able to confirm any of our maybes? Anyone else want to come kick some serious Minotaur or Dwarf booty as an all day NPC?

Brandon and Chelsea won't be able to make it this time after all.

Very last minute: My sister Emily will be coming down at 2 o'clock to NPC for the remainder of the day.

In addition to Nikki and I, my little brother Josiah will be joining us for his first LARPing experience ever! We'll brief him on the rules on the drive up, and see you all tomorrow.

So update on people we here in the Company have coming out to NPC for the beloved plot team, and see if this might be something they want to do.

JettCat, or just simply Jett. Elisa. Jake. Jerith (Tony C's son), and Jerith's friend whose name I do not know. Would have had one more for you, but he's having a bad weekend.

See you tomorrow!

Thanks to all the people that complemented Gavin on his play this Sunday.
He was quite happy with the criticism on his ability to keep Harks in the fights.

Hope everyone is recovering well.

Whoo hoo! Good to know we won that.

Whooo! Yeah, good to know. We weren't lookin too hot there around mid-day.

For anyone curious, for Fire On The Mountain (capture/destroy six locations), we awarded 5 out of 6 locations to the Chakar forces not 4 as was reported at the Chakar base camp.

Back