Experiences of a Fighter in 2.0

-

Last edited:
I was thinking back to a few years ago when I was playing a fighter and there were two events in a row where I had all 8 of my Slays and all 4 of my Eviscerates negated in some way for two events in a row. Every single one. Whether it was stopped by a Parry, Dodge, or Phase, or reduced to minimal it was very frustrating. I went to the GM/HoP of my chapter about it and he basically said that they stated the monsters so that high damage Slays and Eviscerates wouldn't just instantly take out the NPCs. I told him that was no problem and that I was just gonna go Spirit Forge and put all the build I spent on per day stuff into Proficiency. He didn't like that solution and made some changes.
The point of the story is that this type of thing could easily happen again. At least at that time I had a high amount of damage to swing when my per day skills were negated. In 2.0 Fighters don't even have that unless they are pretty high level.
So totalling all the changes up (lowering repetitive damage, changing MIs, improvments to pretty much every other class) the Fighter is really kind of a useless in 2.0
When you get it up to 40+ level it's just OK

Flurry rule isn't the problem

Steve, when you take into account the Fighter swinging 5's (that was the example given before), i'll take your three 5's and you take my three take out effects.

Steve, when you take into account the Fighter swinging 5's (that was the example given before), i'll take your three 5's and you take my three take out effects.

Two 5s.

Weapon Shield, or whatever it's called now.

:D

I think the Fighter swinging 5 example is supposed to be because he has a lot of per day stuff, so those three swings could Stun Limbs, Eviscerates, etc.

Again, I've played in two different games with Flurry Rule and a played a fighter type in both.
The way it was played there it's honestly not a big deal. It literally ends up being a one beat pause. And in those games Flurry Rule only counted for weapons, not spells.

The problem is Flurry Rule COMBINED with all the other changes. You're gonna see is that because the damage has been lowered SO MUCH while body and armor have gone up is that a Fighter swinging 5s will have to use his per day skills to kill pretty much anything, forget about another PC. 5 is total crap even against Artisans in this system.

The deal is don't even think of playing a Fighter unless you are over 40th level. And you'll never make it to that level playing a Fighter, because you're just gonna rez all the time.

The deal is don't even think of playing a Fighter unless you are over 40th level. And you'll never make it to that level playing a Fighter, because you're just gonna rez all the time.

I liked the whole post, but this part was my favorite.

I agree that raw damage is a huge problem. As a scout swinging 10/30 who occasionally mods with a fighter swinging 35, it's insanely stupid.

All of these changes together feels like the problem is being waaaaaaaaay over-corrected.

Pretty sure those'll die all the time, too. Don't worry. :)

Back