Fae Grimoire of the Grimere Expanse - An Ongoing Study

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
I want to make sure these notes are public and available for those to see. I discovered a boon allowing access to speak to a ruler of one of the 5 Fae Courts or one of the 10 Fae Covens of the Grimere Expanse. I will not use it until more information is gathered. Below will be a collection of notes and discoveries. Others are welcome and encouraged to pursue knowledge of the Fae should they acknowledge the potential danger of doing so. That being said, I do not require warnings about the pursuit of this research, but I thank you for your consideration. It is to be believed some of the Courts may be welcoming to outsiders while some quite hostile.

The Courts:
Court of Lost Things
Court of the Endless Waltz
Court of the Wild Hunt
Court of the Empty Chalice
Court of the Eternal Flame

All 5 Courts belong to the Planar Schism of this mist sphere. Before the schism, during a time referred to as the Convergence, all planes including the Fae Wyld were together as one. Exiled to their own planar realm, each Court looks to return the Fae Wyld back to the prime plane through their own methods.

All Fae are held back by rules. The Courts are held by five. Covens have more influence on the Material world and as such, take on more rules. There is speculation that one of the main rules of all Fae is to not reveal your rules to mortals.

Each Court has a champion.

Each Court values certain things over all else.

Fae dying on the material plane does not count as them actually dying. This is confirmed and witnessed by the Hag of Lab 398.

Spirits that die on the material plane are collected by the Sovereign, the head of the Court of Empty Chalice. They are consumed into the nothingness void of non-existence. There, they wait in thousands, millions, perhaps more as my eye sight only went so far.

Fae Covens within the Material Plane, each belongs to a Court.

Coven of Mirrors
Coven of Scavengers
Coven of Eyes
Coven of Feast
Coven of Graves
Coven of Stars
Coven of Arrows
Coven of Waves
Coven of Pyre
Coven of Chasm

The Court of the Empty Chalice (Covens of Feast, Coven of Stars, Coven of Graves, Coven of Scavengers, Coven of Mirrors)
Head: The Soveriegn (appearance of Obsidian metal form draped with stars. Form towers to the sky much larger than even The Great Leader of Olothen Empire. Rigid face mimics a helmet face. Golem or being to be determined. It's eyes swirling vortexes of several singularities.)
Dogma: The Court of the Empty Chalice’s dogma seeks to consume everything of value in the Material Realm till only the Fae Wyld stands.
Values: Spirits and Memories.
Denizens: The Empty Chalice is particularly known to draw night hags, darklings, red caps, shades, and shadowvigs.
Champion: Lantern Jack
Slogan: "Our Chalice is empty and all the world must fill it"

The Court of the Endless Waltz (Covens of Arrows, Waves, Stars, Graves, Eyes, and Mirrors )
Head: The Maestro with an appearance of a childlike doll holding a wand with strings connected to variety of dancers wearing porcelin mask and clothing tied to their personality.
Dogma: To control everything of value in the Material Realm till only the Fae Wyld has control.
Values: Bodies and Emotions
Denizens: Particularly known to draw white hags, naiads, nymphs, quicklings, and korreds
Champion: The Harlequin
Slogan: "We must all learn, the steps to the dance"

The Court of Lost Things
Head: The Matron
Dogma: Unknown
Values: Desires
Denizens: Faeries, Gnomes, others
Champion: Grendel (toothly grey skinned humanoid with a disturbing and off putting attitude about Teeth)
Slogan: "What is lost will be found, and what is found will be lost."

The Court of Eternal Flame
Head: Unknown
Values: Unknown
Denizens: Unknown
Champion: Unknown
Slogan: Unknown

The Court of the Wild Hunt - Details the cycle of Life and Death. Hunter and the Hunted. Natural cycle.
Head: Unknown
Values: Unknown
Denizens: Unknown
Champion: Unknown
Slogan: Unknown

Other Known Fae Entities,
Hag from Lab 398 - No name, sent to ensure Lantern Jack Ritual succeeded. She makes deals regarding memories in exchange for power/knowledge. She works for The Soveriegn. In exchange for being saved from The Maestro, I was given a task by her.
Gordon Greenleaf - Shade. Dryad who convinced Simon Alexander to perform an incomplete Ritual summoning Lantern Jack.
Elalois - Wonderfully charming individual able to change their shape to any gender. Dreamy, enchanting, splendid. You simply want to dance forever in their presence. Belongs to the Endless Waltz.
The Namer of Things- Potential new Champion for CoLT.

For current ease I'll go by common month/year, not Grimere Expanse for my journal entries:

Journals of Experience:

November 322:
I will begin to dig into the book that swallowed up Simon Alexander and summoned Lantern Jack. The book, "Empty Vessel Vade Mecum" has a lot of unintelligible writing that I believe I can crack and explore more. I believe the entity known as Lantern Jack was part of the Empty Chalice Court, but not confirmed. I shall follow up upon my discoveries.

December 322:
I have deciphered the book to learn that the notes and contents within were written by Gordon Greenleaf, who acted as apprentice to Simon Alexander. Simon was persuaded to summon Lantern Jack without his knowing which then consumed him. After many weeks and 3 dedicated days of research the book was clear as day. Floods of information came to me after giving up a memory, though I know not which. For information/power things needed to be given up: Limbs(though they are kept physically attached) and strong emotions or strong memories.

Most was also explained by the Hag of the lab we encountered. Then one night I met the Sovereign in their realm, their plane. Every spirit that ever existed appeared before me in shade form. All of something, but all of nothing. The Sovereign wasn't happy with the strength of my spirit and their aura made me shake with fear. However, I understood it so clearly and then awoke back where I was staying. The connection still apparent. I feel should I ever desire I can Summon Lantern Jack myself and able to travel freely to engage with the Sovereign again. Not that I have a desire to do so, but if needed, I can, so easily it feels.

January 323:
The Mother of Waves made her intentions known by cursing Rathfall for the state that her husband, the Moon Father is in. She left the tavern shortly after her speech. I used a Lore boon to seek after her, with an Endure Elements in hand. As I rifted in, the room was dark and I was fully submerged in water. Then, one by one lights turned on like a path leading to a coral throne. The light were not ordinary lights, but anglerfish opening their maws. Atop the coral throne sat a woman of whispy hair, scaled skin and trinkets hung from a green robe. The Mother of Tides granted me an audience while the ceiling shifted based on her moon. Thousands of colorful fish mimicked her moon, and at this moment, it was fiery red. Beneath made a vast city named Aquaria swarmed with fish and humanoid creatures alike.

I made a case that the adventurers, the Unbounded were not a threat and tried to help the situation. After intense conversation I pledged myself to her, as both a Lunar Mage and The Lady of the Rising Tide. She accepted. It's my intention to restore Moon Father and get this curse lifted, whatever it may be.

May 323:
I ventured to Rook's Alley where my new Tavern and Distillery was to be set up and ran into Baron Vito in the streets. He had a dress ready for me and wisked me away to an alley to change. Upon doing so I was directed to a door, which I entered and found myself in a grand ballroom. The music was lovely, but I looked so out of place. As guards came for me a man extended his hand and I took it, joining the dance. We danced, but it he sensed my mind was elsewhere. He then shimmered into a pale woman with black hair tied in a bun. She was...is lovely. The name Elalois left her lips. So I found myself enthralled, but not enslaved to the wonders of the Endless Waltz. The Maestro looked from their tiny seat watching the hundreds of masked individuals dance in perfect motion. I then thought of memories I had once forgotten, and sadness filled me. At this point I felt myself joining the Waltz, but Hag 398 intervened and broke the tethers The Maestro held over me. I left, but watched a magic ruin Elalois. I woke up in an alley clutching a piece of Elalois' mask as Roff helped me rise to my feet.

June 323:
Astrae at market handed me a moonstone dagger that teleported me to The Sovereign. He told me to find a cure for the Mother of Wave's curse, or I will be an enemy of the Court. I told them I would do it my way, but the end result the same. I returned to the material plane.
Grendel, the Fae Champion of the Court of Lost Things came into town and made a deal with Penn for information on the court. 40 unique teeth for information. Lots of teeth were gathered to provide the next market.

Information was discovered on information around the Wild Hunt. A group of Selunari in the vacation lands of House Rumil hold the key. Squire Iban was hired to seek it out and gain access to the grounds, to further explore.
I am spending my months until the next gathering in the service as the Herald of the Mother of Waves.

- Asher Oakheart
Lady of the Rising Tide
Herald to the Mother of Waves

Last edited:
Lord Oakheat,

Thank you for starting this public record. I am also very interested in the Star Court.

Thank you,

Baroness FallingStar

Last edited:
Updated to Include general Fae knowledge and information about The Empty Chalice Court.

Asher

Thank you, Lady Asher.

-Auryn

Lady Asher,

I have spoken to you briefly before, but if this is your intention, I offer you as much aid as I can.

Astraea

Has anyone learned of anything in the last few months I may add regarding Fae? How about The Moon Father?

I have been researching The Endless Waltz and being at service to The Mother of Waves, which I will document in the coming week.

Asher

Updated with the names of known Avatars and information about Court of Lost Things.

I met a being known as Keylor, Keylor rifted myself and a group to a cabin within da blight. We made deals to trade various objects, I will not go into detail of what was traded or by whom as dat is der concern. But da cabin was full of various junk, and everything was for sale for a price. da thought while not confirmed was dat Keylor was from da court of lost things

- Klack

We did ask Grendel about that and they said it likely wasnt a representative of that court—but he could of been mistaken. It certainly sounds like that.

What did Keylor look like? Anything else that might give more light of their alliance?
Asher

We saw her as a old woman dat had a bulbous nose. When standing up da bones snapped and popped sounding allot like dat of a carapace.

- Klack

Lady Asher,

Keylor said that she couldn't go to the Endless Vault. We didn't follow up with questions. Roff specifically asked.

Baroness FallingStar

What is the Endless Vault? That I have never heard of. Court of Lost Things, Empty Chalice? Something else?

Asher

I do not have my notes in front of me, but it was da Endless Waltz

-Klack

What is the Endless Vault? That I have never heard of. Court of Lost Things, Empty Chalice? Something else?

Asher
is there anyway to get in contact with the court of the wild hunt ?
sable

I spent time with da frog sages, da ones dat were annoyed by da quicklings. Da Coven of da Feast is da ones dat protected der grove from da blight.

- Klack

Back