Fairdale in the Winter

TheSaint

Artisan
It is with good authority that the tavern in Fairdale will remain open throughout the winter. As Balls needs to remain in the area to finalize discussions over business he found it prudent to keep it open to those who move back and forth between spots over the cold months. Just because its cold outside doesnt mean people do not want eat and drink and of course eventually sleep . Any folks who wish to lodge at any time over the winter please let us know and we'll gladly make arrangements for a warm and comfortable visit.

Wow, last I heard my cousin Stoney and me owned the tavern and that hobling fellow manages it. It's nice to know Balls and some other person we don't even know are overstepping their bounds and renting my rooms and deciding what will be done with our tavern.

Just because we haven't been around as much doesn't mean the place is a free for all. I also heard the adventurers have been leaving it a mess. I guess we'll need to check in a little more on things.

Skirfir Thunderhelm
Proprietor - Black Stag Tavern

sorry Skifir. yes I know you are the owner and proprieter of the black stag tavern and I do know there is a hobling, Barthalomule I belive, who was running the evning shift, but I did not know he was the anager. your cut of my sales and all money I collected for rooms has been put where I was told. I haven't seen seen or herd from you or your brother in many months and thought our deal was still valid. My caravans that bring me the meet I sell was raided and taken 2 times sinse last we talked and ended up needing to hire help to secure and redy the food for this past gather. I had met 2 wonderers just after the last gather and they were in need of work. they seemed honest enoughand one of them is even a sarr that has been double checking the food for any contaniants or poisons. hopefully preventing anyone from trying to love 9 people in the tavern and blaming the kitchen staff again (that hurt buisness for a while). the other is a biata so the vansire and other biata are more happy that there is no ward on the kitchen. The of us are sufficiant to keep the profits high and safe. The Hobbling you hierd hasnt been there much and wasn't there this past gather so I just figured I would do the same thing I did last winter, hang out in town and take care of the sherif and anyone else who wonders through town. Loken the biata figured that it wouuld be better if he tried to stir up some buisness by actually letting people know that your tavern would be open to serve them throough the winter months the cold room in the celler is fully stocked and don't believe we will need any more stock till first gather next spring.
your hard working night shift worker,
Balls

My most humble and sincere apologies as Balls has explained I was only trying to drum up business by being a good new employee. I'll have you know that on the nights Raavna, my Sarr traveling companion and I worked we ensured that the entire tavern was taken care of, happy, and that no mess was left for the coming morning. With Balls working on the food, myself taking the orders and Raavna attacking the plates...sometimes literally...Sarr can be dangerous when faced with mountains of dirty dishes, we made sure everything was run effienct and quickly. Still though it is my apologies for overstepping any bounds without first making one hundred percent sure that it was okay with absolutely everyone.

Hopefully you'll allow us to continue to work within the confines of the establishment for you and hold no ill will toward myself over making an announcement that I'm sure you yourself would have made sooner or later.

-Loken
Hard working yet impulsive Biata

Hello to all, especially to Skifir. I'm Raavna, the Sarr thats been being mentioned so often. I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself outright.

I bumped into Balls along with Loken about a week before the last gather. I made mention that we were looking for some extra cash and he offered us to help him in the tavern during his night shifts.
As has been already mentioned, Loken and I are very hard working. I take pride in my work, and so I always see to it that the tavern and kitchen are left in such a manner as i would like to receive them. I am awair that adventures have left it a mess, because we have had to clean that mess in order to get the kitchen ready for our shift. standing to do 20mins worth of dishes before the food is served it not fun.

Aside from that.. I am simlpy offering apologies on my behalf for any misunderstands. Loken and I had spoke prior to his announcement, so I feel part of this whole thing is my fault. I just wanted to clear up that there was nothing harmful intent or attempts to debunk anyone of their status of ownership. It is a nice tavern and i enjoy working for Balls at night. I hope you can see that we are just a pair of hardly seasoned travelers who made an honest mistake.

Peace be with you.

I am curious if the tavern will be open to travellers during the winter seasons.

I been going there for a long time its safe enough. People are under attack and die all the time in and around Fairedale, its on the edge of a warzone.

We are so quick to think it was a "traveler"..... a common person, that we sit and dine with has murdered another common folk.

How many monsters kill in the night, how many enemies do the travelers of Fairdale have?.... smarten up people, smarten the F%^k up....

-Ithica

Ithica

In any other circumstance I might agree with you. However the evidence suggests otherwise. There were people awake all night and into the morning. No monster or stranger made it passed their vigil. This crime was perpetrated by an adventurer that slept in the common room. This means that a person that we sit and dine with murdered another common folk.

It is quite sad, but not cause for such language. No "Quick-thought" was used or will be used in the investigation. An accusation of murder is very serious. The word of our brothers and sisters in arms is enough for me to believe that no strangers or monsters were allowed to enter the common room.

-Squire Sergeant Ignatious Skippio Vex

..... Listen truth is, it could of been any monster or enemy. Things rift in, rift out. Time warps and jumps around. Stranger things have happened then a goblin per say sneaking into the tavern and killing someone.

If people saw things, then why isnt a "murderer" caught.... Why haven't the people in the tavern come forward... Oh wait some stranger and voice we never heard before claiming to be a group of people known as one endity, who see and hear many things.........

... *pause....... yeah lets trust that.... we never get betrayed or mislead.....

I mean no argument with you Squire, all's i'm saying is do not rule out other sources, that very night there were death rogues running around. I myself came inside at one point the tavern to see 2 people bleeding out at one point.

And do not rule out this new fella "eagleeye" isn't trying to mislead you in anyway, or get your thoughts thinking in one direction only. Do not rule out the rolls an amnesia could play.

You could be right, it could be a common person we sit and dine with, but i would keep my thought process open.

Ithica

I agree with you completely Ithica... save for the time-warps and things rifting in and out. The Killer knew Jarrin and selected only him as a target, ignoring several others, including Lanna Rose. This was personal in nature.

Eagle Eyes was named by adventurers that I trust as having been in the tavern area (not common room) at the time of the murder. He slept there. I know what he looks like as I personally met him earlier in the evening. He was a person of interest that needed to be questioned before the ominous dreams started.

I seek no quarrel with you Ithica. Sometimes evidence cannot be all collected in time, when a murder takes place on a Sunday Morning. There wasn't alot of time, before we all had to attack the undead. You are right that the murderer is currently enjoying an extra period of time before they are arrested. I would suggest that they use it wisely and confess their guilt, before all the hard work of their friends is ruined.

And you have no quarrel with me Brother, i only mean to help.

A lot of us sitting around listening to this, or caring /not caring. Can only go off information shared.

When I first spoke of this, I only had just heard of the eagle eye fellow coming forward. And my words were merely to help make sure "WE", as a community. Do not rule out possibilities, do not narrow our thought process, and do not rule out the "unexpected"

but since you met this eagle eye fella, since you have more information and "definitive" information that leads you to a "traveler" suspect. Then please carry on..

-Ithica

Wait, one more thing.... If you do have this info, and have met this eagle eye fella, and he wants the people caught. Why would he respond here with, "A person was murdered in that tavern is it was to stay in a unsafe place?"

This comment alone, giving the information he claims he has, doesnt sit right with me.... If a murderer was brought to justice right now, it would only show THAT IT IS SAFE to travel to the Black Stag. As travelers would know a crime was committed but also solved. And would be criminals would think twice about committing a crime there....

Ithica

As I cannot act as Magistrate in this matter; I cannot personally ensure that the guilty will be punished in any meaningful way. That being said the safety of the people of Fairedale is among my primary concerns.

To all Biata who travel to Fairedale and fear for their safety, I offer you the safety of sleeping behind a spellcrafted circle of power with the Vex Squad of the Ducal Army. I have stayed in Fairedale and other cities in Icenia for years without a ward and without incident. Only recently have I summoned the power to create spellcrafted Earth Circles of Power. I do not ask for any form of payment, only that you place aside your fears of this murderer and join us in battle against the foes of Trellheim.

And as always for those not of the Biata or Vansir persuasion, The Fairdale Mages' Guild offers Wards and Wizard Locks at negotiable prices. You may see myself, members of the Guild, and our various Magical Golems working, studying, eating, and trying to stay warm throughout the winter in Fairdale at our Guildhall located within the very same aforementioned Black Stag. Feel free to drop by to see us, discuss our magical services, or have a drink in Skirfir's fine Tavern.

Wizard Nathan Westwind,
Guildmaster, Fairdale Mages' Guild
Elemental Warden of Icenia

Concerning safety,

The Warder Glyph Scroll I aquiered for just this purpose is at your disposal as well, Squire, should you have the extra books of ritual skill and the componants to Spellcraft it (I lack the nessesary components or I would give them to you). Wait...when did you become a ritualist? Nither here nor there, just...strange. I will be spending time in the Capitol, taking a quick trip to Larethan to see my allies there before the frost, then returning to Brittington and the Capitol. I can try to have the scroll sent to you if you need it for this purpose.

Amaranthus Landcharmer

The Fairdale Mages Guild also has in it's possession a Warder Glyph scroll that can be used for spell crafting. We understand if the Biata and Vansir of Fairdale do not wish for us to do the actual casting, but the Scroll can be rented for spellcrafting and we usually have a stock of components for sale as well.

Wizard Nathan Westwind,
Guildmaster, Fairdale Mages' Guild
Elemental Warden of Icenia

Back