Fairdale Mages' Guild

Robb G

Baron
I have been instructed to travel with the Songbringer's lute to various Guilds and Institutions in Ashbury who have not been able to send envoys to Fairdale. That being the case, you will find neither myself nor the lute in town when you arrive for the gathering. Worry not for its/my safety as I assure you we are both guarded well.

I will be leaving Guildsman Soren in charge as Acting Guildmaster until I return. As you all know, she is a fine wizard who has served in this capacity before and did a splendid job, so I am pleased she is able to do so for me once more. She is invested in the circle and available for item identification, though I have instructed her to seek the aid of other guildsmen to assist her in her duties, and she may spellcraft invest other guildmembers if she wishes. Any member who renders her aid in my absence will receive additional Guild points. As Acting Guildmaster, Soren may doll out other Guild related tasks as she sees fit, can meet with potential initiates or existing apprentices should they require an audience, and hold guild meetings if she so chooses.

I would still like to be informed of any goings on in my absence, so if anyone chooses to write to me while I am away, they will be rewarded. If not, I hope to be debriefed by Wizard Soren when I return.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

-Archwizard Nathan Westwind
Guildmaster, Fairdale Mages' Guild
Elemental Warden of Icenia

Guildmaster Nathan,

I wish you well on your journeys and in your studies. Please be safe. I would very much appreciate studying with you more upon your return, as spell-singing continues to be of great interest to me. If anyone you meet in your travels has any other insightful information, I hope we can converse about it in the near future! Feel free to reach out to me in a dream or by missive, and I will do my best to help you study this mutual interest as well. Let me know if there is any specific way I can be of assistance.

Again, thank you for sharing your research, and please be safe and careful!

Thank you, Guildmaster.

I would like to take this opportunity to make some announcements regarding guild business at the upcoming gather.

First, Wards will be available (on a first-come, first-served basis while spells last) for 1 gold a piece. Please contact me by private missive to reserve your Ward.

Taking a proverbial leaf from Squire Ithaca's book, I will be leading a class on traditional Kyralian mind-body practices at 9 am on Saturday morning. The class will focus on mental discipline, breath, concentration, and the control of what some call Energy, chakra, or chi. You will learn physical, mental, and breathing exercises designed to enhance your study of magic. The practice will be open to all, whether magic-user or no. Though it is not mandatory, it is highly recommended for Mages Guild members and initiates to attend. We will gather in the tavern before deciding on an appropriate place to practice (depending on weather conditions). Dress in loose-fitting, comfortable clothing.

Sunday morning there will be a MANDATORY meeting for all Guild personnel, in which we will discuss the occurrences of the gather, as well as plan for the future of the Guild. The first portion of the meeting will be open to the public, in which we encourage anyone of academic inclination to come forward and share their research, notes, and findings regarding current events. As adventurers, the better informed we are, the more effective fighting force we make.

As usual, Identifications will be available for 5 silver per item. See myself or Guildsman Eldarion Avari.

I should like to refit the Guildhall so that we might provide refreshment for our members and associates. It is important for us to remain hydrated, alert, and energized at all times. If any Mages Guild members would be willing to help contribute, please send me a private missive. You will receive guild points.

I look forward to working with you all in the near future.

Acting Guildmistress Ren Suzume
Fairedale Mages Guild

Back