fairday favs

Lanna Rose

Fighter
OMG!!! I've never been to a fairest before so this we new to me.

Thanks you NPCs!!!! You guys were great.

So playing a healed was fun and really really hard at the same time.

Working the kitchen. It was good times.

Meeting people that know Eitiri's brother and some of their reactions to her being there. My personal favortie.

Jovunn- You're suppose to be dead!
Me- well I'm right here aren't I?!

Hiding under the bar while the frog things came out of the hole. Really didn't know what to do there so I just hid...

Making people drink dwarven spirits while calling it ale...my bad..LOL

Talking with dragon man!!! That was fun. I like him.

Kantil **** Skirt!!! I love that I made that up!!!

Getting poisons thrown at me and them not doing anything!! Made me fell like I was doing something.

I had a great time. You guys are coming out with a great addition to alliance and I can't wait to see where it takes us!!

Angel

Wow. Simply wow.

That was amazing and fun. It's interesting to see how we all play the same game but the worlds are completely different and amazing in their own way.

---Thank you NPCS! You guys were amazing in both combat and in roleplay. You knew exactly what you were talking about with every odd and random question we threw at you and proceeded to beat us down when you had to. Thank you again!

---Thank you staff! I can only guess how nervous you were for the initial test run on your world that you slaved over and put blood, sweat and tears into. It was amazing and the story was rich and full of all kinds of interesting ideas and I can't wait to see how it all fleshes out.

---Sorry for almost making everyone lose their lunch! >.<

---What a nickname. Thanks Angel.

---Running around with another Flaming Ball in a different land was every bit of amazing as I expected it to be. Thank you littlest Vansir!

---I inherently trust all Dryads... but not anymore. Damn Chosen of the Sun! I saw her going into the woods alone and was thinking of following her. Kantil trust your instincts next time!

---The Ancient One. Wow. Thanks Rich. That's how I imagine a dragon should always be. Tough, vicious but so unconcerned with the games us mortals play. It was great getting his perception on how everything works. And how futile it all is in the end.

---Sir Felix and Squire Laurel! You were both so much fun to be around. I would have tried to save you! You know, if that other dragon wasn't so...forceful.

---Frogs! Frogs! With teeth! Eating me! And my friends! And making us birthing vessels! I feel...violated.

---The district soldiers. What a fight. I was seething with rage and was finally so fed up, I could only do what seemed right. Vomit on the guy in charge. Even though I was dead and dying, listening to Laguna defend my almost inevitable death to Sir Felix was amazing. Collin, you're the man. District soliders, you guys are awesome too. Especially the bound one who was ordered to kill me. Just kept throwing his shoulder at me. What are you going to do, bleed on me?! :funny:

--- "Only my mother calls me Steve"

--- I'm going to petition to make a new third "super offense". Don't be a d***.

---Ripping the heads off my enemies for good reason! I've now got a collection of all kinds of parts from wildlife. WTS Random body parts.

--- I could keep writing about this forever. The whole faireday was amazing, everything about the world and I CANNOT wait to play the opener. I will be there come hell or highwater.

And now Kantil has to go and brag about his adventures in other lands and see if he can acquire some help with saving the Knight and his Squire. Yellow ichor be damned!

1. All of the character interactions, the Development of the stone elves in particular.
2. All of the people who were there.
3. The personal thanks that we (kitchen staff) Received from all the players and the npcs.

Now in no particular order
Kantil **** Skirt
No Pants Vansir

The Chronicler
Eta, is your name, it's how you introduced yourself to me so that's your name.
Serving a Dragon whom apparently enjoyed the cooking and wouldn't allow me to throw out what was becoming dried food

Getting a chance to cook for people again, it's relaxing (once you get use to the current stoves and what not)

Why do I feel as tired after a one-day event as I am after a full weekend? Maybe because the Gettysburg team packed two days worth of AWESOME into a single day? Methinks so. Thank you to the staff and NPCs for putting together a fantastic game. I can't wait to further explore this world and the stories you all have for us. And now, on to the favorites...

First of all, the honor of being trusted by the staff to play the first ever Barran-based PC. I can only hope I was and continue to be a good example of the awesome race packet you have put together.

Getting my kingdom-based PC plopped smack into the Empire. Hooo-boy. My fellow PCs - if I was agitated or brusque please understand it was all in-game. Kamryn was just a TAD on edge.

Kantil being rifted in mid-pee. Priceless man.

Heading up the tavern stairs and starting to read the postings... and then remembering this character can't read. Oops. That took a little getting used to. Later having the laws read to her and Kantil adding law #3... "Don't be a ****."

Fighter circle combat... and overhearing incants. Oh damn.

Having Saradys ask me in front of the Circle Master what my people are called. Um... awkward!

Conversation with said circle-master later on when I was staring daggers at the Alvadr played by Mandy as she meekly held up her book with the Bardic symbol on it. "I know... I'm behaving, but that doesn't mean I have to like her."

What conversation?

RP with Susie as Squire Laurel, trying to dig for information on who I was and where I was from. Sorry, Kamryn is not that dumb.

"Hey there's a hole in the floor. Anybody got a light? No? We're going down anyway? Alrighty then..."

The boys puking up eggs, and the women trying to figure out why they were the only ones infected. Maybe they're like seahorses? LOL

Trying to understand why Angel's dwarf refused to pick up a weapon... "you have the strength to swing a blacksmith's hammer but not a sword?" Kamryn had no understanding of this whatsoever.

Murder mysteries and PC's being silly. "Hey, she's going off in the woods by herself... aren't there howlbears out there?" Oops.

Being lifed by Wellorg with less than 10 seconds to go. I was cool with rezzing... I'm a Islan Tel Nava brat and was run through by a Tel'Al Anor soldier... I kinda can't be mad about that. I was just glad I didn't have to unlace the damn armor LOL.

Hearing all the discussion as I lay dying... Laguna's impassioned speech, and Laurel's snark of "lifespell? Not for that one.." lol

Roleplay with all the Kiergani. I never get to chat with you guys since my primary pretty much represents "the man" so it was much fun getting to hang out with you in-game. And no, it was not lost on Kamryn after hearing "we don't take sides" most of the day and then hearing "maybe we are on the wrong side of this..."

Hanging with Jovunn. Kamryn immediately looked at you and said "ok, I don't know where the hell all these people are from, but this one I understand." Thank you for fantastic roleplay all weekend long.

Crazy emotional roleplay with Kelly as Mahsani (sp?) Ok, maybe I'm Adharcroi and you're from the empire, but you're a mother... ok, you pushed the right button.

Seeing Alor near the end and not being able to compute exactly how he got here. Trying to fill him in super-fast once she realized he wasn't Adharcroi.

Tasty food all weekend long. Thank you Chad and Angel!

Seeing the crazy-elaborate maze underground at the end of the event when helping clean up. I wish we'd been able to see more of that, but we kinda got dead. :/

Yep... a weekend's worth of awesome crammed into one day.

Amazing!!! Here are some faves from the Dark side (I was real proud to be one of only 2 NPCs that were not staff)

-Monster camp ran so smoothly and stress free that I wondered if I was in a monster camp at all.

-Playing Rose my little girl. So many PCs interacted with this inquisitve child it was a lot of fun. Jovunn telling her the code of chivalry with the knight behind her says i keep it here (puts hand to chest) my little girl immitates it but grabs instead of placing and her father says no honey she says im not supposed to do that he said not with a knight right there the night smiled and jovunn who didnt know he was behind her looked like she swallowed her tongue and saw a ghost.

Daddy can i go have some troll weed? How do you know about troll weed and NO. Bobby told me and he gave me some to try its good. Kantil if bobby says anything about chaos let me know...

Calling Kogara kitty as my girl and him being real patient about it.

The knight interrogating my little girl after he found out that the dryad had given her a flower. Way to go scaring and interrogating an 8 year old.

- Pcs come down the hole as I lay cocooned in the room over. I here combat and then hear the 3 count for engulf and not even a minute later another engulf count then i hear i climb up the bed linens 3 count and go crap this girl is so screwed.

-Kantil and Michelle's character having jovunn shove her fingers in their throat to induce vomitting. Dave you almost made me puke with your RP.

-chest burster comes out of my npc squire begin first aid after it is beat down to have a second do it beat down begin first aid 3rd bursts out beat it down examine chest hole for more eggs(yes they poked around the gaping hole in my chest) then they healed me up to full and locked me in a room with 2 gaurds.

-the food was amazing!!! thanks chad and angel

-coming out as a raider (fighter- i am no stick jock). Kelly lands an eviscerate on kantil he calls magic armor as i land a second eviscerate on his other leg and drop him. I felt a little bad and a little awesome because I really am no stick jock and was with a group of 4 other npcs facing the whole town just the 5 of us and did damage. I also was one of the last down in the second round. :) I was proud of myself.

-Jovunn drunk on dwarven spirits and the RP of her and Angel's dwarf as she tried to run into battle sans shield and sword was great.

I had an awesome time and can't wait for the opener to come so I can spend more time in the world. Thank you to the staff and everyone involved. I look forward to my PC visiting Barran in the future.

Words can't possibly describe my absolute adoration of what the Gettysburg crew did yesterday. You guys put together the most fluid, organic, and enjoyable roleplaying experience I have ever had in my short larping career. Your world-building and immersion were fantastic, especially for a short faire day. Your NPCs were consistently interesting and engaging and provided ample RP opportunities even if they weren't necessarily bringing mods or fishbowls with them - they always had SOMETHING to talk about that gave them more than one dimension.
And, for the first time I have EVER seen, PCs weren't immediately not trusting the NPCs, which is a huge deal for me. I feel like there's always an assumption NPCs are "bad guys", either outright or incognito, and that didn't happen this weekend. I think that warrants thanks to the PCs AND NPCs AND staff. Thank you for creating three-dimensional characters.

OKAY, actual faves time. I have a lot.

-Flawless roleplay with Kantil all day long. We don't often get to roll together in such a small group and it was so much fun. From shoving my hand in your throat to make you puke to your updating J on what she missed in her long absence to ******** howlbear tagging to you calling out Jovunn for disappearing, it was so worthwhile. The latter in particular was really hard to hear, especially because she couldn't control the circumstances that caused her disappearance.

-Oh, and Kantil ****-skirt. :)

-OH MY GOD THE LAWSPEAKER LIKES JOVUNN. That whole quiet, indirect interaction through letters and Sir Felix was amazing. Thank you for making my actions as a PC MEAN something. From receiving a handful of much-needed potions to Emily's messenger being like "hey, the Lawspeaker things yer a cool dude, come around to Barran any time"... it was awesome. Next step... Lawspeaker Jovunn? :p

- Buying a house for Rich's lizardkin and asking nothing in return... and then getting a TONNof celestial magic pushed toward me in thanks. "Uhhhhhhhh."

-EITIRI. "You're supposed to be dead!"/"I'm right here, aren't I?!" Tellin her about her brother but not wanting to say how poorly Jovunn treated him. Being trusted to deliver her letter to him. Giving her the ring he made Jovunn as a reminder to maker herself proud. Well, she is DEFINITELY proud now.

-Fantastic roleplay with Kamryn! "You I like." And trying to understand how the planes work... like pancakes!

-Drinking my pickle juice LIKE A BOSS. Jovunn's trying not to drink anymore, but she'll never turn down the chance to be a manly manly man man.

-Food. Constantly. All day. Thanks to Chad and Angel for your constant work to keep us full and energized.

-Susie's rude-butt hobling. I tried to be so nice but you so clearly wanted nothing to do with me. :p

-"I know we're not supposed to recoil before an enemy, but do howlbears even count?" "I think we need to qualify 'enemy'."

-Imperial soldier encouter was so frustratingly good. Thanks Mike S. and Tyson! And subsequent Mahsuri EP.

-"Arcane PLAGUE" carrier? Excuse my multitudinous boners.

My first favorite would have to be above all seeing Rich's creation start its meteoric rise. This chapter is a clear embodiment of all his dreams and philosophies, and it is rock solid.

The first run in with Howlbears and realizing that Kantil, Jovunn and Laguna were the three primary damage swingers and still couldn't hurt Howlbears. Oops. The discussions of the code afterwards were worth the hasty retreat.

Laguna's Gunshow Armor. Yeah, I am my own favorite.

The fighting was superb, the npcs were clean and fair, yet kept me on my toes.

The NPCs overall were as deep into their characters as any PC, really good writing on their part.

The Dragons looked badass, Kelly was also badass as every role she played from the biata bandit to the little girlthing at the end. (Also, fae fangirl.)

Both Collin and Laguna are learning the world, it was a bonding experience for the two of us. I had a Philip K. **** moment where I thought everything was a big dream because A.) Fae Fangirl who knew Laguna's name. B.) Only four male PCs and the rest being female. C.) Laguna being the most seasoned adventurer there. D.) Detective mystery. He loves those.

Wellorg making fights more interesting.

Someone is going to have to fill me in on my own speech, when my adrenaline spikes like that I lose short term memory. I only vaguely remember what I said.

Thanks to staff and NPC and players alike, I'll be back.

Thank you very much for all of your Faves! Here are a few of mine. :)

WARNING!!! THIS IS AN UNSCALED EVENT! REPEAT! THIS IS AN UNSCALED EVENT!!! FOR THE THIRD TIME! THIS IS AN UNSCALED EVENT!!!

Rifting an Elf into the start of the game, in the woods. As one of two howlbears, telling the PC "As the forest coalesces around you, it feels...angry...you have 10 seconds before we begin hunting you. Welcome to Barran"

Klesk the Lizardkin "merchant" who just wants to sell some of his stuff off to buy a house. A retired soldier who has stuff he can't use and he just wants to buy a hut, so his GF will marry him and they can have creepy little lizard what-evers. Then having 2 different PC's give him the money he would need to buy his hovel. Klesk was so moved and confused he didn't know what to do, so he just took part of his stuff and pushed it into the characters hands screaming "THANK YOU! That's what you are supposed to say, right?" Then - Beating the heck out of "raiders" since those are the guys that steal your stuff and burn your house down. well "F" those guys! I don't want them burning my future house down!!! (The rest of the town going "YEAH!!! F those raiders!!!! GET THEM!!!!") melee ensues. =D

Watching 5 intrepid adventurers climb down into a dark hole hoping to save a girl. and realizing that forgetting a light was the worst of their issues. Then watching the entire nest boil out into the tavern since the adventurer's upset the nest then "ran" away. (They had a very good reason to run) 0_+ *ouch!*

Just seeing the mental picture of returning the tavern from tagging a Howlbear. Sitting down to a tankard of ale and watching two adventurers run out of the common room with about 40 Silosdi (Frogs with BIG TEETH) boiling out after them. Good times by all :D

Having the fantastic food!!! OMG Chad and Angel HOLY CRAP!!!

Having Dinner as an Ancient (MY FAV NPC EVAR!!!) and interacting with the adventurers who found themselves in a new land. enjoying fascinating conversations with them and deciding which ones would probably taste the best... ALL of the characters who interacted with me as Wellorg really made my day. Characters hoping to get vital information from me about my world but squeemish when I asked for reciprocation. :p

Seriously??? A table was used to plug a hole in the floor. Made by horrific frogs with big teethy bits that burrowed through the floor! And you just put a table over it? :pinch: "So who will sleep in that room tonight?"

Hearing about all of the fun everyone had getting into trouble.

Thank you to Faire Play for renting us the site while we get ours lined up for the opener.

But my biggest Fav of the weekend was having a staff who cared about the world as much as I did and the players who had a great time interacting in it. Thank you all for trying Barran out and I can not wait to see the write-ups. After all some of you owe me favors =D.

Thank you Emily, David, Mike, Kelly, Dustin, Tyson, Mandy, Chad, Angel, Robb, Amanda, Colin, Michelle, Danielle, Suzy, Miranda, Dave, Emily, Kris, Mike, Scott for all believing.

Rifting an Elf into the start of the game, in the woods. As one of two howlbears, telling the PC "As the forest coalesces around you, it feels...angry...you have 10 seconds before we begin hunting you. Welcome to Barran"

I'm glad you mentioned this as a favorite, because in all honesty, the more I think on it, this may actually be THE highlight of my 11-year larping career. Not only did you guys make me feel special and awesome on a personal, OOG level (is this ALWAYS how you show your love, Emily? :p) but this was one of those situations where I crafted a character a certain way in writing without any real knowledge as to whether I could accomplish the goals I had set in reality. She was supposed to be a skilled survivor, adept at hiding and running and surviving, and I found that I could actually accomplish this while playing her. I still can't believe I managed to hide well enough that you couldn't find me. I will forever hold the look of shock on Rich's face when I appeared and pinned him behind a tree near and dear to my heart.

I loved all interactions with my kiergani kin, as well as everyone else. I was really worried that, being such a staunch wild elf, that Ama'rali would be difficult to play. Plot threw out so many versatile hooks and storylines, though, that I honestly can't see Ama'rali being played successfully anywhere else. She is EXTREMELY concerned with the forest, the ents, and is insatiably curious about this Asp tribe she's heard so much about. This is the first time while PCing that I have felt my character be legitimately concerned with just about everything that was happening in game.

In only 9 hours, she experienced a ridiculous amount of character building, from the aforementioned howlbear hunt to utter panic at watching her new family - the hastily-crafted group she FINALLY feels as though she may be able to call a tribe (she won't admit to this yet, though) - be engulfed by large teethy things, to deciding that she truly wanted to find a way to fix the forest. She hasn't had a goal aside from aimless wandering in a while.

I also really enjoyed when Cameron casually asked if someone had a rock to throw down into the hole in the tavern, and Rali casually pulled one out of her pouch. Everyone looked at her like ".......why do you have a rock?" "In case I ever need a distraction." She was so incredulous, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world xD

The sheer amount of dragons was wonderful as well. I love it when insanely-powerful creatures just hang out casually with PCs. Haha. And the arcane plague creature thing wtf kid...yeah. That was good. Thanks for the nightmares.

If you guys ever need ANYTHING, just let me know. I cannot WAIT until the next event :)

You know that thanks to that, Kamryn will forever carry a rock around. Lol

My brain hurts in the best kind of way from this event. From start to finish, this was by far the BEST event I've ever attended. It seriously felt like an entire weekend. I was so engrossed that I forgot it was only supposed to be a day. The story and plot were freaking phenomenal. I cannot express how much I appreciate well written stories and plot, and having fantastic NPC's and PC's on top of that to carry it and transform it into something I actually give a s*** about. Crap... I guess I can't just cop out and say the entire event was my favorite, so here goes ( - please excuse any rum induced typos):

- All things Kiergani. Enough said.

- Being able to eat a breakfast (and dinner) without wishing I had a dog under the table. Chad and Lanna - you f***ing rocked it. I cannot wait to be a glutton for the opener event. <3

- Roleplay with Michelle's PC. We are stalking Kamryn in the Kingdom - beware... It was awesome getting to interact with you outside of Ezri. You better get ready for some serious Keirgani followers. We've got yer back.

- Saradys walking onto the porch freaking out because he was able to get an entire meal for the equivalent of a "bear." Robb's ridiculous roleplay of Saradys kind of makes me want to kill Nathan so he never plays anyone other than Saradys again.

- Ama'rali and the rock. I think there is a song somewhere in that - even if it is only a traditional Keirgani song.

- All things Wellorg(sp?). UNCORKED KNOWLEDGE. With more than a bit of cynicism.
- "Ents... Ents are the large, ******** cousins of Dryads."
- "You put a <laughs> table... over the hole?" <walks up to the door and marks it with a "W"> "That should do it." Way to make us feel like newbs, Rich. ;p
- Wellorg vs. Saradys FTW.

-Walking past the crazy, plague-chucking girl in the woods and praying, out of game, that she was also out of game. My gods... I am so glad we left the woods when we did. Arcane Plague? Seriously? That is some scary s***.

- WONDERFUL ROLEPLAY. All across the board. NPC roleplay was top notch, and PC's didn't falter in response.

- Susie as a biased, slightly *******-ish Squire. "I only know what my Knight has told me."

- Being engulfed, and thinking "F***, I have EVERYTHING I own on me...." I was never so happy to be engulfed and almost die.

- Giving Ama'rali a nausea coated arrow so that she could shoot Leona in the back, thus inducing vomit to ensure no eggs were laid inside of her.

- Seahorses. Oh, seahorses.

- Oil of Slipperiness. "Are you serious? I'm going to smoke a cigarette - just tell everyone my body is there..." Sorry, Lana. *Whomp Whomp*

- Being afraid to die like I have never been before.

- Leona thinking, "I can't wait to tell Alda about these Dryads..."

- NPC interaction with Kelly as the Alchemist! I've never been able to learn ANYTHING from an NPC before this event. Thank you for that, and for the in-depth and detailed roleplay.

- Making chicken "buh-gawking" noise at Laguna and having him look in my direction.

There are probably a number of things I am forgetting. Thank you Alliance Gettysburg for this opportunity! Thank you NPC's for keeping us entertained. Thank you PC's for not being total jerkfaces (except when it was appropriately roleplayed in game). I honestly have no complaints. The entire experience was incredibly positive. Okay, I lied. One complaint - I wish had been an entire weekend. ;) I cannot wait for your season to officially begin!

<3 <3 <3

Seahorses. Oh, seahorses.

...BAHAHA I had forgotten about that. Barran's version of butterflies.

Lanna =Angel.......

Silly Amanda.

But yeah the oil of slipperyness. Ugh. After I came back when Robb was undoing it I was like "Don't forget the beard!!!!!" Lol

I want to start by saying thank you to the staff and NPCs. You guys are serious rockstars when it came to dealing with a brand new world that, in many cases, was radically different from what everyone else was used to. You all carried off stuff like it was second-nature, despite it being brand new.

Second, thank you PCs. You guys rolled with everything we tossed at you, and kept coming back for more. There comes a point when writing background info where you hope that what you wrote is as cool to others as it seems to be to yourself - your responses put that nervousness to rest. I'm really stoked you guys liked it so much.

NPCing a full day for the first time, WOOT!!!! I had so much fun, I really can't wait to become as-permanent-as-possible of an NPC for you guys! (The fall schedule may not mesh so well, but I'll do my best!)

That being said, my definite favorite thing of all weekend was PLOT!!!

I love nothing more than shades of gray in a story. Every single thing has a twist and a different perspective to experiment with. And my second favorite thing, other than multi-faceted shades of gray -- DETAILS!!! Every race has subcategories, every subcategory has reasons... I am REALLY looking forward to immersing myself in this world and exploring as many roles as possible!

Other than that... as an NPC, it's hard to pick favorites. It's a REALLY different experience on the other side of the fence. Hmm... I DID really love the idea of the circle arena for training! I would LOVE that as a PC. (Alda, as a weaponless scholar, is always concerned about resource management. I don't have unlimited anything. That circle takes care of that concern!)

In general, another favorite is doing my best to give the PCs the information they are seeking about the world. I love roleplay. I love this world. I'M EXCITED FOR THIS CHAPTER!!! :D

Back