Faire day/Feast

Deborah

Hi everyone,
During the nest faire day Aug.4th we will be have a feast type meal....all though this is a faire day with mods and all we will be having a meal where those who bring a pot luck dish to share will not pay for their meal..(5 silver) and those who do not will pay that amount.
Ivar and Deborah will be supplying the usual tavern items for the day with a meal
of Wild Boar ( pulled Pork)
cabbage salad ( cole slaw)
Harvest lands salad ( tomatoes,cukes and greens)
However we will need other items as some of our supplies haven't been able to make it through
Fruits
deserts
breads
other dishes meat or meatless
please post here if you will be bring a dish
Please nothing with nuts in it

thank you for your help making this meal happen
Deb

i will be making pie, a fruit pie of some kind

Heya,
I will bring my (in)famous chex mix in plently full amounts (peanut free) and will also be making some type of mini sausage/Kalbasa and BBQ sauce mixture. Will we have asscess to electricity to keep it warm atleast until the feast starts?

--Sam :)

yes you will be able to keep it warm Sam .....sounds good
Thank you
Deb

I'll be bringing a sushi roll salad.

I will not be in attendance for the faire day. It unfortunately conflicts with the Crossroads event. BUT on the upside, you guys can feel free to have as much peanuts and other things for your foodz... or at least don't avoid them on my behalf. I am not sure if there are any other players with the allergy...

- Jeremy

thank you
for making the sushi roll salad.
thank you for letting us know Jeremy, but I think to play it safe we will stick with no peanuts just incase there is anyone else has allergies to them.

OOOH OOH ::raises her hand:: I'm allergic to peanuts too...

and since you won't be there with us Jeremy HAPPY BIRTHDAY in advance (yes I know it's sunday but you'll be LARPin')

If everyone could (yes I know this is annoying) write a list of all ingredients on their foot and maybe stick it under the dish you bring it in so those of us with a lengthy list of allergies can make sure we don't get ill that would rock!!

Mike and I are bringing potato salad

ingredients on their fooD*

sheesh...writing all the ingredients on your fooT is not going to help me

I had no idea you were also allergic to Peanuts. That is good to know.

Also thanks for the b-day wishes. :)

I'm going to bring a salad of baby spinich, tomatos, goat cheese, craisens, and usually candied walnuts. I can bring the bag of candied walnuts on the side or skip them all together. Gina, are you allergic to all nuts, like walnuts, or is it just peanuts that we need to worry about?

~Stacey

Instead of chex mix I will be bringing pasta salad.

I am bringing Watermelon and possibly some pumpkin or apple bread

Thank you everyone for all you help ..... you are all great.....I will post the whole menu later tonight.

Rachel - are you bringing shepherds pie in place of a fruit pie?

... unless shepherd has been classified a fruit - which would be good to know, and is likely no more ridiculous than declaring ketchup a vegetable.

Unless I'm missing something, the dessert menu appears on the slight side - would a few pies be in order?

Deb - I can fire off a few loaves of bread, a vegetarian dish of some kind, or some pies - I leave this to what you would prefer.

---George

peanuts, almonds, corn (which includes maltodextrin and dextrose and corn syrup), beef, chicken, pork, crustaceans, cockroaches, milk, black pepper, mushrooms, sage...

but DONT try to cook for me..I've got so many allergies I usually pick out half of what I'm eating...I won't die or anything...well except the milk one...but it's all good...don't over think it ...if I think it's not safe I won't eat it...I'll just watch everyone else eat it and enjoy through their facial expressions and sounds HAHAHAHAH

Back