Favorite editorial cartoons: June 09

Fearless Leader said:
We need to view social security as "poverty insurance," where you pay into it to make sure you don't end up in poverty when you're old and incapable of working. If we do that, as well as limit it to people who are truly elderly and poor, it won't cost as much and not as much will have to be taken out of our paychecks.

It's not unfair that rich people get it -- it's just that if we're trying to balance the budget and cut expenses, you cut the unnecessary ones first. Money given to people who don't need it is a waste. It has nothing to do with "rich is evil." I wish I was rich! It has to do with using your tax money wisely.

Hard Work = Poverty Insurance.

Paying into your own social security is kind of like poverty insurance I suppose. But asking people to pay their entire working life and then giving it to someone else is just another tax. Telling people for 40-60 years of their working lives "This money you're putting in will give you an annuity at the end of your life" and then taking it from them because they are successful is an outright dishonest thing to do and a complete lie. Bascially you'll be telling people "We told you we were investing for you for 50 years, but you were really paying taxes in disguise". That's ******** and so dishonest.

And who decides where to draw the line? Who is rich? Who is poor? Especially after retirement when people no longer have income from their employment.

Robb Graves said:
Here's a change of pace. I agree with Obama not making a big deal about the election in Iran. We need to stay out of it. if we even pretend to back either party it's just going to fuel anti-Americanism int he other party. As leaders, they are both wanting. Mousavi created the Iranian Nuclear weapons program and Ahmadinejad is pretty radical. I'm all for freedom and protest, so in that sense, i am glad the people are getting to voice their opinion over there... but beyond that, I hope Obama sticks with his current plan of ignoring it.

I completely agree with staying out of all this as well.

But Iran's recent cries of "American Interference" should show everyone that no matter what we do, don't do, or who the president is, America is going to get blamed for everything. The successful are very often the scapegoat, no matter what they do or what their intentions are. There's a lesson there.

Scott

Robb Graves said:
wow... these last 2 batches have been pretty fair. robb graves stamp of approval.

Please note that these last few batches were not edited or chosen in any way in order to please you! I agree with the sentiments in all of them. :D

Fearless Leader said:
Robb Graves said:
wow... these last 2 batches have been pretty fair. robb graves stamp of approval.

Please note that these last few batches were not edited or chosen in any way in order to please you! I agree with the sentiments in all of them. :D

oh i know, i was just astonished that there were comics out there that weren't completely about bashing the GOP

Robb Graves said:
Fearless Leader said:
Robb Graves said:

oh i know, i was just astonished that there were comics out there that weren't completely about bashing the GOP

You'd be surprised at how many pro-GOP comics there are. My dad brought in the Union Leader (NH paper), and most, if not all of the comics in it were in favor of the GOP. It all depends on where you look. I personally don't look too hard for them, because I'm a democrat, but they're out there enough that I could find them simply by looking at another newspaper.

Robb Graves said:
news... paper? what is this paper thing you speak of?
:lol:

Seriously, there are plenty, on the web too. I just don't pick them because I am choosing my "favorites" which means I think they're either funny, insightful, or both.

Feel free to post your own.

Obama voted for Iraq war funding. He also loves the Patriot Act and wants to continue to detain Guantanamo prisoners indefinitely. Wow, that's some change. I don't care how he spins his votes-you can't defend these actions.

People need to wake up and realize the two party system doesn't actually involve choice.

Back