Favorite LOL cats

My sniff test has me agreeing with Toddo on this one. Kinda funny nonetheless.

True, I like the art style.

funny-pictures-critical-cat-hates-your-shoes.jpg

funny-pictures-cat-has-a-bad-drivers-license-photo.jpg

funny-pictures-kittens-promise-to-be-good-while-you-are-gone.jpg

Fearless Leader said:
Many of you may be unaware that there was actually a comic strip back in the early 1900s called "Laugh Out Loud Cats"!

Um, dubious history implied. Unbelievable. Gullibility, personified.

Don't believe everything that you read on the internet ... including the source of LOLCats. The captions do not bear up to linguistic analysis as being from the first two decades of the 20th Century. The line art beneath the captions might be authentically from 1912 ... but the rest, apparently, is an Internet-inspired "urban legend."

Furthermore, every reference to this origin of LOLCats quotes the same specious paragraph -- pretty weak evidence is the implication.

Ondreij said:
Fearless Leader said:
Many of you may be unaware that there was actually a comic strip back in the early 1900s called "Laugh Out Loud Cats"!

Um, dubious history implied. Unbelievable. Gullibility, personified.

Don't believe everything that you read on the internet ... including the source of LOLCats. The captions do not bear up to linguistic analysis as being from the first two decades of the 20th Century. The line art beneath the captions might be authentically from 1912 ... but the rest, apparently, is an Internet-inspired "urban legend."

Furthermore, every reference to this origin of LOLCats quotes the same specious paragraph -- pretty weak evidence is the implication.

Nah, it's a complete joke. :D

I swear cats KNOW when you're allergic. I could be in a room with 20 other people and who does the cat choose to rub all over? Me. The one whose respiratory system despises cat dander.

Ezri said:
I swear cats KNOW when you're allergic. I could be in a room with 20 other people and who does the cat choose to rub all over? Me. The one whose respiratory system despises cat dander.

Ok, so it's not just me.

I think they get some sort of sick pleasure out of it. :lol:

Back