Favorite Moments - August/September 2018 Long Weekend Event

Kasuni

Squire
Hey Everyone!

Thank you for another great weekend at the Stradyn campaign Season 2, Episode 1 - the Season 2 Opener!

This thread is for you to share with us some of your favorite moments! What are your favorite moments with other players? Tell us your stories! What did you like? What did you love? What do you want to do more of?

Tell us what makes your event rockin', and we'll keep trying to churn out that sort of content!

The official feedback form will be posted shortly. And as always, if you would like to deliver feedback to myself (General Manager/Owner), Tony Mungo (Plot/Player Rep), Lauren Hagen (Player Rep), Evan Rawson (New Player Rep), and Chantell Wagner (Player Rep/Sexual Harassment and Safety Team Lead), you may reach out to us directly.

Thank you!

Emily

Favorite moment - Chuck getting dropped.
2nd favorite moment - Leon having to pay 5g for dropping Chuck.

Last edited:
- Turtle’s bacon and coffee. How could this not be a highlight? Best way to wake up!

- Sitting on the lawn with Plue, Shelby, Vellis, and others rotating in, stringing beads and drinking on Saturday afternoon!

- Elven Frailty™️ “There are hollow bones under this muscle!”

- Playing with the Silver Wolves again!!

- Garaltan stuff with Furion, Zane, and Luke. We ran hella fast from the tavern!

- Paranoid night-time circle talk with Plue. Even though we didn’t catch a bandit, the conversation was meaningful!

- Fiiiinally getting to catch up with Liren, and to talk through why leaving the Maelstrom for Stradyn might be best for everyone

- The Engineer’s Guild “coded puzzle”

- Thimble hallucinating, with a stunned limb, injured, and destructioned, “Hey buddy, you ok? Oh, goodness, that’s a lot.”

- Amber Rose’s hot lava lair card. Aka “run a lap around this field while fighting dinosaurs”

- I loved the shadow puppet show! Mad donkey vengeance!

- The way Plot/NPCs set up the lighting kit, especially for the Saturday evening fight, was so cool!

- Chasing/being chased out of the Saturday evening fight with fear effects

- Playing Kasuni’s special card game with House Phoenix and Plue. Any game that makes both Eli and Turtle cry is a good game.

- Destructioned dinosaurs... still have HUGE 10 MASSIVE TAILS

- Additionally, “why is there a dinosaur in the shadow deminplane?!?! ” :eek:

Awesome weekend all around

Saturday afternoon cup of tea on the table outside the tavern. That has to be the most relaxing moment I've had in over 10 years at larp. The brownie also helped.
Ko's chastising for me popping up on the wrong side of the battle was great. "Tulbor, these are a bit small for you, aren't they?" "sorry, I was pinned" "he's gone now." "Oh yeah. Thanks!"
Getting a chuckle out of Tantaris when I completely fighter-stopped Luke's explanation about the 4 different generals in mid-sentence, and the following conversation with Tantaris about the White Witch and what will happen when she finally shows up.
The Shadow puppet show - "Oh look, a dinner and a show!"
Minesweaper
Concentration
Benjamin cutting a huge stack of light scrolls. As I sit down near "Would you like to learn to be scroll mas..." "No"
The look on Seth's and mine faces after "Destroy gold coin" which we both thought was plural, not individual coins.
The absolutely ludicrous Sunday night auction.
Using me to play keep-away with the elementals ... and then getting me completely dizzy from chasing said elemental.
And a particular lovely elf :D

See you folks some time next time.

Last edited:
— “I summon a force to shatter your Laws of Straydn”. Kevar, delightedly: “No effect!”

— Lazy Saturday arts and crafts time with Kasuni and assorted visitors on the front lawn. I can’t remember the last time I had several hours at a gather to just relax, and it was lovely. (“No, it’s not an active circle. We just don’t want our crafts to get messed up if we get attacked.”)

— Mad science errands with Xavic. I got to be a direbear anaesthesiologist and ineffectual wasp bait.

— Finally managing to get a long overdue apprentice chat with Kasuni, though I’m still disappointed we didn’t catch any bandits.

— Kel’s chocolate. ❤️

— The impromptu rainbow lair card that Amber-Rose put together for the scouts was one of my favorite encounters of the event. Mental roleplay with Jub-Jub and trying to figure out what to do with Dialla...so much fun.

— Earth magic lessons with Zeth were another highlight. Very sad we didn’t have time to get too far into formal magic.

— Overall how willing people were to talk with our group of travelers. I felt very welcome and included, so thank you all.

Oh man.

1) As usual, my time spent with the Silver Wolves was excellent, and always makes my game super enjoyable. The return of Kasuni made it even better. :)

2) Finally having the talk with Gally that I've wanted to have for awhile.

3) Teaching to Plue; this became deep and personal, and I truly wish it hadn't gotten cut short. But I look forward to the next time she's in town, and to hear the stories she has to share by then!

4) "I call upon the Earth to restore you! I call upon the Earth to restore you!" <Undead raptor loses its arms....and proceeds to Spin Attack me into the ground with that Massive hitting tail. Um. Ouch.>

5) .....Learning to be more careful about dropping a Prison.....sorry, Polare....hope your face heals...

6) A conversation with Stoke that started to go somewhere that I was afraid it would go....only to suddenly reverse into the direction I hoped it would go. It was an excellent roleplay and I can't wait to see what results from it.

7) The use of lighting elements for the night fights was amazing. Oh wow. I really enjoyed that a lot.

8) Having absolutely no idea with what to do with the reward Zeth received, and Pachow inspiring the perfect choice. This is gonna sink so much time and energy...but it'll be worth it!

Just in general, it was super fun to come up and visit you all. I will likely be coming back at some point in the future, and then to PC! :D

As for highlights:

- Playing Tulbor's "Said Elemental" and watching the group figure out the patterns I was playing.

- Waylay games, kidnapping and general gnoll NPC shenanigans.

- Coming up with the idea for the Dialla mod, and working with Amber Rose to tune it into something amazing. Also playing Dialla, I love morally gray characters

- Being the raptor when the prison fell

- A random Selunari townie turning into a character for the Selunari party, and then the amazingness of said party! Thank you so much for giving me a chance to bard! <3 <3 <3

- Playing Velociraptors

- Whoever tried to reason with the gnolls right off the bat during Friday's first town fight. Very promising tone to set for the weekend.

- All of our newbies in monster camp, whether they were new to the game or just to the chapter! Everyone was so amazing and willing to jump right in.

- Seeing all of the Cali peeps and their fantastic garb.

- Hooking the fight with crazy farmer Dave, then watching the ridiculously huge mob that came to take him out.

- The greatest chef in all of Barstow, who is now out of business thanks to the wizbit extinction.

- VELOCIRAPTORS. Playing them, seeing the delight on the PC's faces whenever they found out about them, and of COURSE getting to swing those giant tails around. Shout out to Amber-Rose for her fantastic garb work on those, and shout out to the marshals and plot for approving them as nonstandard weapons!!

- The town fight on Sunday. Spawning in as a shadow elemental in the middle of the PCs to wreak havoc (and of course immediately getting my *** handed to me) was very fun.

- SELUNARI PARTYYYY. To all the PCs who came to party, but especially to Mama Tavi, Aluso, and the House of the Rising Star, thank you for making staying up till 3 in the morning so very worth it. <3

- Every single NPC, y'all are the best people. I can't wait for next event.

Hugs,

NPC Emma

Okay here we go.

• Hanging around the Silver Wolves was super awesome! I didn't even die! (yet) But really, it was a ton of fun to see the fighting and RP from that perspective.
  • The "by the sound of my voice" calls was..... Wow that was just so much fun. The RP from that alone will make up a majority of my stories about this event. It was just so much fun having to deal with things like paranoia and hallucinate as a Stone Elf. (also, get ready for like 5 stories of what happened while under these effects.)
  • Being paranoid and about 2 seconds away from throwing a bind on Tyson followed by a few Lightning storms. (Luckily I was slept before that could happen.)
  • Being paranoid and having (what felt like) a very long standoff with Bjorn. Picture this: I'm paranoid and backing up and about to round a corner to a cabin in an attempt to get away from a huge bunch of people who are definitely not my friends, and what do I see? Only a line of glowing runes on what seems to be a giant axe followed by the silhouette of a huge vicious Barbarian who is coming right for me! We ended up circling each other for a bit before going separate ways, but in those few moments, I just knew that I only had ONE shot. If i miss, he will drop me. If i don't, i'll drop him. (Hopefully.) It was an incredibly tense minute. My spells vs that huge axe would've been.. interesting. Luckily we didn't have to resort to that, but even so, it makes for a great story. (Luke, you RP paranoia SO well. Props for that man.)
  • Renew. 'Nuff said, amiright?
  • Right after "fixed" of my paranoia, seeing poor Gem just so scared out of her wits. Trying to convince her that the purify i was giving her was just a nice warm drink that would make everything better. Having her hold onto it to see just how nice and warm it was and then talking her into tasting it was so much fun. Also seeing Polair threaten anyone who got near was sort of terrifying. "Yeah, No, you guys got this right? I'll watch."
  • Under the effects of hallucinate, Sophina asked if i could hold up my light for her. Naturally, since she was trying to get a potion out that we needed and didn't want to give the wrong one, I agreed. As I'm holding the light for her for some time, (totally not holding anything, just pretending to) she laughs and says "Mind if I look in your bag there buddy?" and I go "Sure, need a light?" and pretend to hold the light over my bag so she can find the light.
Can you tell I really liked that fight?

• Learning about Nobility
  • Polare saying in a very mischievous voice "Want to live a little dangerously? We have no idea what will happen." I'm learning that that line there is the exact description I would give if someone asks what it's like to apprentice for him. And it's AWESOME because of it! Keeping me on my toes for sure.
  • Kevar, Eggbert, and The Dino. In general, I'm finding that unless I want to have a hard time keeping a straight face as Audrey, I should probably stay a little away from that guy. Honestly, the level of commitment and energy you (Brent) bring to the marketplace even after being as tired as all of us is always totally appreciated. Auctions are one of the highlights of the night for me, and you're usually why. Also, Its a Marketplace Kevar, not a Tavern!
I had a really incredible event and can't wait for the next one. Once again, thank you NPCs!

If i remember any more things, ill edit the post.

Last edited:
Had a great event! Some favorite moments in no specific order:

- Officially apprenticing Audrey and starting to bring her along with the Silver Wolves on some missions. It's been many years since Polare has had an official apprentice (as opposed to just 'someone he was helping train'), and I'm having a blast with it. Audrey is a champ for gamely going along with everything Polare has thrown at her so far. It will only get crazier from here, I promise!
- Even though the cards weren't with me, it was great to get some Wizard and Cribbage games in.
- The Sunday evening shadow fight had a lot of really good elements. Paranoia/Hallucinate is an extremely disruptive combo during a big combat and does bad things to our lines :) On the other hand, I'll pay 1 gold for a Renew any day of the week. I like that exchange rate.
- Polare got in a fair amount of wheeling and dealing. It's always good to spend some money - and even better to make it!
- Overall, the ambiance from Plot was great. Rotting skull? Check. Cool lighting on the field? Check. Weird shadowy stuff all over? Check. Puppet show? Check and CHECK.
- Everything to do with the Silver Wolves. It's great to have a solid crew to run with, and I highly recommend it for any player - Alliance is really built to be a team effort, and while you *can* go it alone, it's a blast to work with a tightly coordinated team both in combat and outside it.

-Bryan

oh man, with such a long weekend there's so much, but i'll keep it short

Friday Night was pretty great, managed to get some rituals done and had a good time with everyone else

Saturday morning: going out on a mod with my friends post breakfast and then going out to Squire Rufios Manor only to find his Coffin.

Saturday Midday: it was amazing to run from all of the cabins to find the Markethouse getting attacked by Spectral Undead(?) then shortly afterward having a deep conversation with Zeth which was very emotional for me.

Saturday Afternoon/Evening: spent all of my afternoon and evening in MC which i had a ton of fun with and enjoyed helping with the setting of traps for several Mods. then the evening battle was quite amazing and had a lot of fun fighting everyone and seeing the amazing introduction of the new big bad.

Sunday Morning: having a quick Group Meeting with the added Hilarity of Aluso imitating Lithae was so great.

Sunday Midday: the Midday fight was pretty cool, and getting Engulfed for the first time was a cool experience.

Sunday Afternoon: going out on a Mod which had a bit of a wait, but was totally worth it since i got to have an amazing Polearm fight with Luke (Bjorn) after we swapped weapons.

Sunday Evening: the lighting on the field was really cool, and the stuff going on in the hut was really awesome. it was amazing when i came back out and started getting affected by the Voice effects.

Sunday Night: SELUNARI PARTY!! i had so much fun singing and exchanging stories with everyone who came with.

Monday: Slept through everything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jumping in with things as they pop into my head.

- I GOT TO SWING FOR LIGHT!
- Talking with the travellers on what foes to expect in the area. "well the moment the moon comes out (moon is just appearing) we generally see AWOOOOOO... those.."
- Walking out of a trapped cave and stepping on a flame trap that was missed. Glared at it for a half second, declared bane then kept walking.
- Having to retreat from a mod and launching a one elf counterstrike which cleared the field. Being told my Amber Rose it was the most bad-*** LARP moment she had ever seen <3.
- Being approached by Zeth in regards to a new elf adventurer needing a teacher. Estell, I hope you are ready for some crazy.
- Getting to see how the Peerage is growing and working with each other. Looking forward to see how far we can get before we are really needed.
- Shadow Puppet show!
- Getting to be 110% lighthouse in the plane of shadow. These other adventurers may be busy dealing with being shadow-touched but I got 50 light spells to throw! Also that was alot of elemental shadow to the chest after being reverse life forced.
- Going under ritual surgery with Bellis to remove said reversal :)
- Getting to commit maybe treason? Gotta save that bacon!

So much more!

Last edited:
Zeth making Gally cry. Multiple times.

The reaction when we realized that the puzzle was having an effect on the big battle Sunday night.

As always, Earth guild slumber party.

Puzzles with Xavic

As Shepherd Geff, I enjoyed conversations with people in the tavern, and being saved from sheep-stealing bandits by impressive old fashioned heroes.

Every gnoll I experienced being was excellent, but especially Jub Jub and all the careful effort the PCs put into civilizing him from the influence of Dialla when they didn’t want to just hand him to the garrison alongside the human Marcus.

Afternoon battle in front of the tavern, sneaking up on Gally with “Spell Strike Silence!” and seeing Lockhart dive across her back to respond with “Spell Shield!”

Wasp shenanigans.

Dinosaurs, always dinosaurs.

Being a Lightning Elemental and getting to know some nice metallic lightning rods.

Back