Favorite moments for Labor Day!

Inaryn

Knight
As always, our feedback and summary form can be found here and you will receive 15 goblin stamps for each half of it that you fill out, for a total of 30 (and that's a monthly!) by Tuesday, September 10th.

With that dispensed, favorite moments!

So, at stone's unveiling, Dan asked me to make a "rock" band joke... so, I did... and it was pretty amusing to hear it come back to me as "You did not tell me the stones that roll had to cancel their musical performance. You should have told me; the lead singer is my great granite."

Running rezzes. I know it sucks to rez, been there myself, but I always have enjoyed running those scenes, even from way back when.

Super huge thank you to Ali for fixing my back enough to make me functional again. And thank you to Terrance for taking the time to cut corn off the cob for me!

My favorite moment was when we were creating the earth circle.
My thoughts went: "Is he finally outing himself?" Plot: "Unavoidable mind altering effect" My thoughts. "Nope"

Seeing yet again the look of shock and then glee when I explain the awesome strength of really low level spells.

Getting to make an elemental go "oh ****...." when it realized it got caught in a lie.

Going to rescue a stone elf from his own mind, part way through fighting the stone elf's inner demons and searching out the clues to get him out of his own brain it dawned on me. We just shoved 11 personalities that have on multiple occasions gone off to kill numerous things for money, into someone's head to deal with their inner demons. It felt like we were dealing with problem with a couple wild dogs in the neighborhood by releasing a pack of dire wolves into the neighborhood. Admittedly we were friendly dire wolves.

And watching the Golem dry heaving as it found it wasn't immune to the Nausea effect of the star metal.

Being a captured lizard man.
Me: "Gibberish nonsense nonsense."
Yama and Tevas: "Bacon?"
Me: "Gibberish nonsense BACON!"
Everyone: "Bacon."

wrestling with new friends including a gypsy that is much stronger than he looks.

pouring fake blood over Jason and watching the googly eyes on his mask shake whenever he squirmed from the blood being too cold, then hosing him off afterwards outside the tavern.

being asked to dress up in a toga and feed Jim fruit

The "hard mode" lava cavern module was outstanding. We also thoroughly appreciated the plot team letting us know that it was both an unscaled mod and contained a significant physical challenge. Even though this resulted in half of our team supporting us from the sidelines, we felt it was a great show of communication and accommodation from plot's side and we were very happy with it.

The Saturday night undead module that lasted until dawn was by far the best experience I have ever had at any LARP, without exception. The level of immersion, the flawless scaling and execution, and the absolutely gorgeous environment we were provided made this module set the bar to soaring heights. I have never had so much fun at Alliance, and feel confident that I can use this module as a moving example to recruit new players to the game. It was perfect. We would like to genuinely thank everyone who was involved in the design, setup and execution of this experience, and especially the NPC's who were involved in it throughout the night. The level of role-playing of the monsters was such an enriching part of the experience that wanted to thank them specifically for the stunning effort involved.

Somebody set up us the bomb.

The Saturday night undead module was arguably the best combat experience I've had in Alliance to date. Every facet of its design and execution was satisfying resulting in an experience that tested the skill of its participants to the fullest without being overwhelming. Also, Sergeant Branch is the best lineman in history; Captain Kirrahe would be proud.

Huge thanks to plot for rolling with my plan to jury rig an earth circle together with battle magic, spellcrafting, and the earth well. Bonus thanks for rolling with it considering I hadn't given accurate warning about what exactly I was doing and why.

Also: earth circle get!

Watching Tevas fight, spin, and jump around while trying to balance on the rock steps in the lava physical challenge was pretty fun.
It was all kinds of clutch for us who were watching whenever our other team members who braved it jumped. All the tears for Dragula... she had finally found that which could best her: A mountain of lava.

The Saturday night mod was purely amazing and I'm actually pretty sad a friend of ours wasn't able to be present for this weekend event.
It was honestly like, the best and in ways I feel a bit weary in the sense that perhaps the bar has been raised very high but very fast and will overshadow future experiences though I'm sure more intense things of equivalent or greater will be laid out~

The entire thing was very immersive and greatly encouraged me to play out and be my character more for the rest of the weekend as a result (maybe it was because of the fire that totally looked like the cover of the rulebook... haha). And all the thanks for the accommodations made... I was totally expecting the crappy permatents so I decided not to sleep at all -- but hey it ended up I could... but I didn't anyways (GAMER STAMINA FTW)

The whole thing was definitely a good exercise for our line formations, maneuvers, and overall communication and mobility as a unit.
Definitely the best idea for a first mission for our initiate... "Okay, so here is your mission: SURVIVE THE NIGHT!" -- btw you passed with flying colors :) (you know who you are)

Also -- gotta love the jump on us when Yama and I were the only ones left alone on guard.
The NPCs did a good job in making us think on our toes and also not turtle up under a ward by totally posing a threat to our sleeping teammates!

Creating a magic item was pretty nifty too... lol, though I am curious if my sketch was looked at with all kinds of question marks or if anyone even recognized who the sketches were of :<

Too many to list, but I'll try my best:

Being Gypsy Cursed to be changed from a shiesty gypsy to a hot blooded pikey one. Things are gonna be different.

The discussion of elementals trying to understand the differences between males and females and the resulting humor:
*Elemental: So how do you tell the difference?
~Player: Women have the bigger chests!
(Sarah sticks out her chest proudly): I guess I'm a female!
(Female NPC playing an earth elemental looks down) I guess I'm a boy......

Wrestling with a barbar, erm, Northlander, to show off the skills taught to me by the circus strongman and having him be impressed, though his armor bruised me up.

Being able to give Ghost back a tail.

Waking Andrew up early Monday morning having him hate me, then the mod resulting in one of the funniest interactions between a chaos elemental and an individual who is just chaotic. The fact that an NPC had her phone playing soundtracks and soundbits just broke us all. Playing Bobomb pong....oh man it was funny and draining!
~Me: By the way, what's your name?
(Before Andrew has a chance to respond, the following soundbit plays):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJOtLKBh1iQ

Back