Favorite moments - November event!

Polare

Count
Hey Everyone!

Thank you for making the November playtest event!

This thread is for you to share with us some of your favorite moments! What are your favorite moments with other players? Tell us your stories! What did you like? What did you love? What do you want to do more of?

Tell us what makes your event rockin', and we'll keep trying to churn out that sort of content!

As always, if you would like to deliver feedback to Emily (General Manager/Owner), Tony Mungo (Plot/Player Rep), Lauren Hagen (Player Rep), Evan Rawson (New Player Rep), or Chantell Wagner (Player Rep/Sexual Harassment and Safety Team Lead), you may reach out to us directly.

Thank you!
Bryan

NPCing for the highbie half of the mod. All the flame and stone elementals, someone joking "We're like lava!" and then Bryan comes out in the suit holding the head and someone goes "I guess we weren't wrong." That wave goes out chanting "Vol Cane Oh" I would have loved to have been on the oppisite end of that one, and yet, I was really excited to get to help make it happen for others.

Picking on Maven. I always enjoy picking on Maven, for some reason he's my dryad's favorite person to pick on.

"Apparently he turned his wife, there's true love for you."

I liked the self resolving mods, but probably because my team had enough diversity going that we could usually resolve them.

Gally getting to be a bit more adult like.

Escape room vault... I love escape rooms.

I may have more later. Brain still fried.

....one of the puzzle rooms was an escape room?

How dare I not be specifically rifted in. Rude.

Speaking of trap rooms evan...

One of my favorites is the vault where we see a trap, everyone backs up 10 ft, it goes off. We are told it is now room wide, and everyone goes "Trap Avoidance" except Evan who starts pulling out his potions and coin...

Speaking of trap rooms evan...

One of my favorites is the vault where we see a trap, everyone backs up 10 ft, it goes off. We are told it is now room wide, and everyone goes "Trap Avoidance" except Evan who starts pulling out his potions and coin...

Uggggh, Trap Avoidance is going in my feedback...

Some of my favorites in a weekend full of great moments.

While npcing during the undead double hook side, and seeing the general send some of his guards away to help the other force. Then pcing the other side and seeing those guards show up on our side to make it harder for us. It was cool to see real effects from double hooking.

Were-Jianna taking the field, and intercepting for me as the last person going through the portal to help me get away. That was a super cool touch to show us as we are leaving she is still in there and not a monster. Very cool.

Lava elemental and his body guards. Damn you intercept and resolute.

The start of the event, going through the portal and seeing 15ish npcs around us while we waited for everyone to get through.

Realizing what happened in the land via the notes we found throughout the event.

Roasted Zeth.

Charging into the undead summoning waves of undead on us. Only to have waves summoned on top of me and being forced to rejoin the group to clear the undead out again.

Generally just getting to be a fighter with cool new skills, popping shields and stunning limbs all over the place. Having 90 body and 30 armor felt so crazy. Mettle is a bad *** skill too.

I got to say, this event really made me enjoy being a Knight again and getting to do my thing on the battle field. I missed being a fighter. I cant wait for 2.0 so I can be one again.

OK, after a couple of days to try and recuperate from ALL THE SORENESS... Some of these may be repeated from Closing.

- The event was a blast to run. I really enjoy running an event every few years, and it's been about 8 since I ran the last one. Lots of fun to hang out on the NPC side for a full event and help keep things moving. It was great to see the last 2 months of preparation play out almost exactly as planned. It was a huge, immense team effort that really came together over the weekend.

- On the subject of preparation: I will admit some serious personal satisfaction in having the entire event run on time. We had a half-dozen or more timed events over the course of the weekend, and all of them went off on time - from starting game and the initial portal entrance right on time Friday night all the way through the Sunday morning "Escape From Aberwick". It required a lot of prep, and buy-in from both PCs and NPCs, but having the full event run without resorting to "adventurer time" felt amazing.

- Ben running up and forcing the Undead Drake to its first Resolute... all by himself. If he'd had backup, that fight would have gone a LOT quicker. As it was, though, that was a super awesome move to watch happen.

- Clan of the Raven crashing a mod that wasn't scaled for them. It might have been costly, but they survived when the odds were pretty seriously stacked against them!

- Brent starting the "Volcano" chant wasn't planned ahead of time, but definitely added to the ambiance of the Lava Elemental fight. That, combined with Amy's prep on the PC side, made the battle feel really epic, at least from within a 3 foot tall mask and a big ol' rocky suit. It definitely helped once I figured out how to throw packets without tipping my head, too ;) Special callout to Bjorn Resisting a "250 Elemental Flame!" right to the chest to start off the fight and let the PCs get an idea of what they were facing.

- The entire NPC crew was awesome. Made everything tick along well, and it meant a LOT that we could trust folks to run things without oversight due both to all the aforementioned prep and the general coolness of the NPC group. People were willing to help out whenever we needed it, whether it be with going out as crunchies, helping set up / pick up lights and special effects, or smash dry ice and throw it in a bucket on my head. Side note: I think Stephen enjoyed that last one - and the hot water followup - a little too much.

- The PCs were great, too! It was immensely gratifying to see the PCs invested/engaged enough that, so far as I can tell, every single PC on sight was up and at it on Sunday morning in time for the exit mod. That mod itself ran great, and the PCs did awesome as a group getting pressed harder and harder as it came down to the last few. Watching PCs try to catch those who had been Feared before they could start their escape was really cool (we got at least a couple Feared out of the portal!), and seeing Eli, Zeth, and Tantarus fighting side by side to defend the last few people fleeing the portal was super great and felt suitably epic.

I'm still tired and sore but had a good time and hope everyone else did too! Thanks to everyone who made it and joined in!

-Bryan

Back