Favorite Moments of the July Long Event!

Jim

Scholar
Let's here your favorite moments!

"I'm going to be married off politically to a dryad!" "Well, at least it will be fruitful"

"Wait, the elemental planes blew their nose, and they want to go poke at the snot?"

*as boiling slimes comes oozing out of the portal* "Well, Shikar, I really hope that's not what's left of your refugees from Andar."

And the best dressed murder party, as around 30 people in high court finery came running down the hill at two low level thieves, waving weapons and screaming bloody murder.

All of the shenanigans involved with "the King's mouse."

Watching the very talented Guy Rogue (gusgutierrez.com) do a charcoal portrait of the King and Queen at the high table.

Making friends with the many Andar-ians.

Descending upon the thieves who stole a friends wand with a vengeance (tempered by law) (as above).

Telling stories and hearing stories.

Seeing my IC-friends raised to nobility, and Marcus granted Barony.

Hearing my beloved Duke cleared of charges of treason and necromancy.

The ooze and awe of the weekend. :D

The performance competition.

Archer's play by play of the mage competition, bringing sports announcing to Parna.

Raccoon wylderkin... nuff said.

Watching the matchmaking for papa Syrrah. "Do you like grapes?"

Introducing people to the king and queen and telling them "Perhaps you could tell their Majesties about ..." and abandoning them so I could work on other things.

Tulgar chasing the beer monster with large bowls ready to catch as much of the monster as possible when it exploded.

Doom bunny!

The Sunday night clebrations and joviality. It really felt like a party.

watching Sir Krieger uncontrollably LOL after a peasant ran up to him from behind yelling "there giant man sized rats attacking the town..."

watching court and listening to every word spoken then hearing my name called unexpected and only hearing charlie brown waa waaa waa sounds till i re-took my seat.... - still in shock!

walking from the tavern with drink in hand and a cooksey shaped large rat hitting me knocking the drink from my hand and startling me, the looks we shared before he hit me 2 more times was priceless.

good rp: crying and talking with a few new friends alone in the darkness apparently invisible to many close relations.

using manners rather then cunning to gain the queens favor.

after the tournament was over having a Herald come up and ask whom lady Leata moss was and then presenting me with a favor from the king and queen.

exiting the awards ceremony to return to me seat and the king casually say "don't no to far I'm going to need u again here soon". only to here my name called as I retook my seat in the 2ed row...

entering battle completely drunk early in the morning with friends

entering in to battle completely drunk late at night and a friend having to workout how to use a purify off an items for the 1st time LOL.

lobbing a death spell over a friend to hit the basters using her as a human shield with only his head and neck slightly exposed as a target window. bulls-eye

watching the 30 of us run up and down a hill full pace in court garb and seeing 2 thief's drop their weapons faster then i thought was humanly possible.

running a round like a chicken with their head cut off gathering ingredients from every one to put to gather a platter of non sweets for the queens tea with less then an hours notice.

playing with dry ice

singing for the king and queen and feeling like my hart was a bout to explode in my chest and struggling to breath.

realizing i made it past the 1-6st round in the riddle contest convinced i was going to be knocked out in the 1st round and making it to the last round instead....

watching 2 raccoon brothers run around wherein my flowery hats all weekend calling them self's pretty!

Mike/Sir Markus getting a 3 min long standing ovation wooing and whistling lowed as can be applause for getting his barony
and the 30 secants of half-harted applause for the flowing persons getting the same honer....

The most well dressed murder party ever. Several PCs came down in their court wear to kill a couple of bandits.

Both of the gypsy weddings were great. Both the real one and the one between the gypsie and her captor.
"I command you to be charmed.. enjoy the wedding."

The best-dressed murder party is one of the high points. Everyone charging down the hill in their satins and velvets, the women in gowns, weapons drawn, was amazing. Thanks to everyone who participated and helped get my wand back!

Talking with the king at the high table was interesting, and enlightening.

Watching and participating in the tournaments was a great deal of fun.

Seeing everyone in their court dresses, and wearing my own. I'd worked on that dress for about three months, give or take.

Rescuing Archer the first night was incredibly suspenseful.

snuck up as a rat to the tables, nobody does anything. Look around as I grab a snack to take back to my little rat buddies. Start to straighten up and smack into something, turn around it's a far larger rat
Krieger:"That's called stealing"
get slaughtered hard

by far my best death!

-Echoing the immortal words "I'm rich Biatch!".

-Campfire fish-kissing.

-Storming hell and choking their gates with our bodies. It seemed like a good idea at the time... (Thank you Hue for the rescue. Owe you one)

-Plague rat tries to escape out the side of the common grounds only to run headlong into a Zehnyu. Doubles back, to try escape the other way, only to run headlong into a Shin. Promptly gets so scared and disoriented, it tries to redirect its escape, only to twist and fall to the ground. Death by fear.

-Dawn-light story time. Way way way too early. So worth it. Never going to carpool across country. Ever.

-Showing up in time to miss the end of Court!

-Team Wild-Card

-Meeting a hell of a lot of new, awesome people! Thanks ya'll for the good times!

Many more ahead, I'm sure.

Getting a chance to RP with the Seattle-Alliance folks, especially the Raccoon-wylderkin, they were awesome.

The Ale-Ooze, which Warlock did such a great job at being. Poor Tatiana dying to intoxication. :funny:

Hearing about how a group of adventurers went straight past a small group of phantoms as they were walking down the hill at night, and did not even notice till it was too late.

Being a doom bunny, probably one of the best creatures in the game. :twisted:

Seeing Krieger laugh after my NPC tried to nervously report to him about the giant rats (Even I didn't think about it as a player, but don't tell him that).

Watching Canoe the Orc Apprentice Ambassador try and get a hobling from a tree.

Getting a chance to fight the Top Brass from House Phoenix, and get massacred accordingly.

Being a rat and scurrying around the town, stealing from the tavern.

Getting the chance to attend this event and see all the great costumes people wear, as well as getting the chance to meet the awesome NPC team and our Captain Cooksey.

Oh, and being incredibly surprised when Schmee took the win in the Tournament of Dexterity.

The slightly exaggerated Red Scholar story being told to the King.

L: "And so, the red scholar consulted with the dragons..."

A: "Oh, come on.. it was only the ONE dragon and EVERYBODY was talking to him."

Now that the jet-lag has subsided, and my body's begun to figure out when it ought to be hungry and/or tired, I'll try to put something together:

-Seeing everyone that I met in February again. I'm sorry if I'm horrible with names, but I remember faces, and with some repetition, I learn. I swear!

-Realizing that we'd been running around with a cat, a rat and a dog all weekend. And it reaffirming my opinion that Zehn/Ghost will forever be the leader of a band of misfit toys... and how they become a family in (and sometimes out of) game.

-Being in the kitchen while everyone was making cookies, and I'm trimming a pork roast for crock-pot cooking. Holding up a chunk of raw meat and going "What? These are sarr cookies. I was a cook on a sarr ship, it was really just butchering. No? Oh, alright."

-Kitchen conspiring. Always be nice to those who serve your meals...

-Cooksey asking if we were having fun, and then going and getting statted as stuff we could kill.

-Beer Construct. I now want a Spellstrike Purify sword. And the look on people's faces when Drenten hit it for the first time.

-Jim being willing to put up with our shenanigans at 3 AM, in the scariest circle ever erected in game, and RPed in an alcove because it was more flexible to talk through it than to try and stat for it.

-Kreiger's circle of doom. I've never wanted to stop a ritual so badly in my life, but between my character's knowledge of what can happen if you interrupt a rit, and her desire to see her wife fixed, I had to bite my cheeks and sit on my hands. And I had the cuts to prove it.

-Shin. From makeup to costuming, you looked awesome, and your RP was fantastic :) And the lesson from those stories was just not to drive with Shane. Because he'll drug you, and your car will break down in the middle of nowhere.

-SHANE! Oh my god, it's been too long, and you are a snarky b****. I've missed you.

-Watching Drenten and Kreiger go off to do things in shadows, and knowing that things were going to die in epic ways before they even realized they were in trouble.

-Dark elves. I always like being around Dark Elves. Maybe me, Mike and Ali will play ours with you guys sometime?

-Entertainment, both the other individual performers, and Archer and Elyrion. Why is it that so many stories that came out this weekend started with "Well, when we went to Vandlar, it was effing freezing. But that's not the point..."?

-Getting handed the +3 Enhanced wand to use, and then realizing Sunday night that I could dump all my remaining high magic into Elemental Burst and get a +3 with out a rit... yay, long weekends!

-Having the coolest wand rep ever, made by the best girlfriend ever.

-WEDDING SHENANIGANS! At least there wasn't a vampire at this one.

-Seeing people get knighted and otherwise raised in status. I don't know the stories behind most of it, but seeing people rewarded for IG work is always good times.

I'm looking forward to calling SF my home chapter come this winter!

So, my favorite moments honestly start BEFORE the event...

The absolute patience everyone showed with logistics. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Making cookies while ALSO making a dagger for the weapon smithing competition... at 2 am the night before the event.

Truly feeling impressed by certain characters I never expected to be impressed by over the weekend.

Standing in the walk-in with the queen, listening to her complaining about not getting to shiv things and realizing she's totally one of us.

POMP AND CIRCUMSTANCE!

"Do you like grapes?"

"We're SSSSOOOOOOOOOO evil! When did we get evil? We're supposed to be the good guys!"

Watching Zehnyu pop a spellstrike magic storm, dropping my weapons behind my back and grabbing onto her. Go go gadget earth templar.

High court. All of it.

Being given the 5th prize for the mock battle. That was hella smooth guys.

Getting bug-eyed at the item Phedre got, and ASAP rushing to tug Elryion's sleeve to cast a lore on it.

Watching Shane cast like, every ritual, ever over the course of the weekend. (Not really, but boy was there a lot of it.)

Watching the King carrying around the winning dagger all through court BEFORE announcing the winner. Mmmmmm fame.

There's a whole lot more, but it's Thursday, and so logistics eats my brain.

And before I forget. Bunnies. The laughter as Ghost walked innocently into town after I had spread the tale was the best lewt *evar*

Drunken raid party, early in the morning. Buncha lowbies. Approaching the cave, we were phys-reping our drunken benter pretty well.
Cooksey: "Listen, you guys are pretty drunk. I'll give you all a plus 3 to body because of how royally smashed you are." The extra body let me rp the drunken flailing.

Going around purchasing components for my Arcane Armor, and being told that the standard price was three different amounts by three different people. :zonks:

Getting my Arcane Armor cast. Arcane goes fine. Preserve goes wrong. Lady Phedre goes "Uh oh... something went wrong but I don't know what. Come back in a bit."
-comes back- "So... the armor is complete, and it works just fine, but the armor and the preserve are wound together in your soul, and unfortunately, it won't work..." "Ja?" "...Unless you're a high ogre."

Running past Kreiger (who had his back turned) after a rat screaming "YOU RAT! I WILL ******* KILL YOU!" That was the first, and only time I have ever seen Kreiger jump.

"So... wanna invest in an enterprising dwarfs brilliant business? Only 2 silver."

Oh hey. Turns out this forum auto-censors. Sorry about that.

Back