Favorite Moments of the November Event!

Jim

Scholar
For me, all things gypsy rocked. I really enjoyed the scene at the Ducal Estate as a prying servant and I'm always happy to run a scene as Agnatha the Hag. I was so excited to see PC High-Ogres! Everyone worked super hard on food and decorating the tavern, it really paid off! I had a lot of fun this weekend. I hope everyone else did too!

I enjoyed watching the interactions between Snag (badass High-Ogre) and a bunch of low level High Orcs.

The fire-ant mod was great. No PC or NPC was left standing at the end, but the PCs still managed to pull it off without anyone res'ing (waking up in time to life others). I've never seen a mod come down to the wire quite like that.

"You're really firing off the zingers tonight!"
Me: "I guess I'm just a bit catty."

The Ice Storm right into Chris' behind... counter ambushing his ambush.

The bug counter attack. We straight up got rolled. And it was good. :D

Conversations with the new Magistrate about what constitutes Necromancy... And being more hard-line about it than the namby elf.

"What are you doing you idiots?! I said kill them! *screech*"

The Archer doll. The sound device might have been a little anachronistic, but the effect was priceless. I kind of want an Audible Projection of him saying zany things now. :lol:

This weekend Was a blast for me and my friends. So everyone knows, except for myself, all 7 of my fellow greenies (plus barbarian) have never larped before. I was glad you all did not make a complete liar out of me when I said that this game should be a blast, its hard enough to convince people to come these days without having to overcome a bad first event.

It makes it easier when more experienced players do there part to interact with less experienced players. For example, our little barbarian turned into a fireball of wrath after ghost did some quick one on one training with her, my two weapon wielding orc buddy felt far more effective when he was given a bug reaver sword that expired at the end of the event, and snag's interaction with each of the orcs after our little tiff made sure that they could still have fun while I was off being a petulent child in the jail..... Anyway, I appreciate the contributions to their fun by other players immensley, and every single one of them would like to return. I am unsure of the frequency, but you all can expect a regular Orcish contingent. Now all we have to do is work ion is not rezzing. Lessons learned, 5 of us can not in fact take on a single bug with a threashold like that! next time...... run away!!!

As for me,The invasion of the bug hive was a blast. I love big field battles.

Thanks all.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Trauma :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(Paul--- or Jam)

For Me the event was full of awesome things cant really pick a favorite moment but in no specific order a few snips what I really enjoyed:
Jam and the high orcs- I can not say enough how much fun it was with you guys. thank you very much. I really hope you guys can be regulars.
running around questing as well RP-ing with Ghost/Ali - awesome character and player.- you are responsible for so much enjoyment TYVM
Had some great RP with Kart/Grant - Thanks man
fire ant mod - all i got on that one is wow thx NPC's that was fan-freaking-tastic way to put us through the paces,
admitting to tolgar he was right and its worth it to carry his damned kit-
but especially seeing Tolgar step up and stand up for doing what is right despite the "cost" etc. it might have on him, or how many people might get pissed about it.- I felt so proud of him

All in all I left the event very satisfied. It was fun and that is why I go to events, to have fun.

Thank you all PC's, NPC'S, and plot. Everyone did well IMHO

I also liked: that the big fight of the weekend (the bugs) was done during daylight.
Also, there were a lot of new players adding a lot of good energy to the game. I hope y'all come back.

A big hearty round of applause for the NPCs, you guys were at the top of your game this weekend. :) Drunk Ghost was one of my highlights, along was Jim the Gypsy whose name I have forgotten and Paul the poor lost shardbearer boy.

It was my first event PCing and over all it was great time, but for me the best moments for be are between delivering a giant guilt trip at Raphial's feet and delivering Snag's weapon to Tolgar when I couldnt remember Tolgar's name.
"I need to find Tovar."
"Do you mean Tolgar?"
"Yes. Where is he?"
"I am he."
"Oh. I was told to give this to you and only you..."

Couple of mine:

-Fighting Tevas shaped bugs for a good part of the weekend :)
-The orc tribe. Absolutely awesome :)
- Scouting with Drusal and returning. "We ran into a fire bear on the way back who- Waitaminute! There's a freakin FIRE BEAR who doesn't like the bugs..."
-Standing side by side with Marcus in the General fight, and beating up the general like crazy. Also getting backpacked by Vila in that fight - "do you have another one of those? Good!"

-Coming to the understanding that Snag and Ghost have a lot more in common than originally realized. Was definitely a blast Lee :)
- Tolgar's kit.
- Fire Ant Mod of Doom. "Here. If things go to crap, get out of here...but don't lose that - and make sure it ends up in the circle when they resurrect me." Walking out of that module with Shikar under one arm, Snag under the other, and all three of us barely alive was a definite bonding moment. It literally felt like that 'end of an episode' with the three heroes stumbling out of the building beaten to crap, but alive. Especially when Tolgar and Zav met us on the way back.
- ohhhh intoxicates.
- "Do we have the hostages? Great, then lets go kill some $*(%%!@ undead!"
- post undead fight *whack, whack* "Next time I'll leave you there...friggen cubs..."

Thank you guys for an awesome event :)

Not getting the chance to cast more then 4 spells in nearly the 1st day of the event doe to a large amount of tug a war RP felt good and was filled with RP FUN!!!

Running off alone to swift golden foot's shop at Hob.co. just before we march out for the bugs, to fetch more potions when i had just bought more when he was up at the tavern.
Using all the potions i had to buff people up as we walk to are doom, and not caring or sparing for who they where used on.
though the look on several of the new lvl 1's faces when i told them what the bless potions they just drank did was a bit priceless.

Realizing when told we had a task to do that was likely going to make every one rez, that I had more then 90% of my spells when the epic boss fight came a round. i find I'm normally a bit low in confidence when it comes to big fights and just knowing i had most my spells going in to it helped me not panic when most of us where down at one point or another, and I'm so happy we all made it home with out rez-ing!!!!! also blowing my limited boom on the bugs trying to block are retreat was a high point along with healing body's as we stepped over them as the retreat started, was a good feeling too.

Being in charge of a mod for the 2ed time, and it being the 1st combat mod ever in charge of was a bit horrifying, realizing that some one froze up in the middle of battle and standing in frunt of them and given orders wile keeping an eye out for anyone needing healing felt grate! being mindful to give orders but not bark them, was a bit hard, becuse you dont whant to come off as unsher or paniced, i liked the chalage of it and im happy we completed are objecteve. note to self never go breathing cause water evrer agin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting rolled by the bugs priceless!!!!!!!!!

Beetling down a billy shaped bug twice with my dinky dagger of doom and later hearing from a NPC friend OOG that he came back to NPC camp terrified because of Dinky's speed~ WIN!

Sharing some drinks and RP with strangers in the tavern and every time getting interrupted by bugs - seems almost normal now, and oddly no longer annoying as expected.

All in all the event was filled with grate fun RP and FIGHTS that ROCKED!!!!!!!!!! i look foreword to a bit of a brake from playing my healer at the next game. but i cant wait for the 1st weekend event of the next year to fall on my b-day and i hope the cobalt's try to steal the cake, or the bugs or something, hell the bugs come in for Brownies and cookies what are they doing to do when they smell cake!

Had a blast see you all next time.

Snag demonstrating that even though your companions are asleep and/or less than a minute away from visiting the circle, it's important to still take the time to enjoy life by putting people in awkward but hilarious positions when you life them.

"What happens in the ant hill? Stays in the ant hill."

You know, that explains the slot machines I saw when we first entered the nest.

Ryan
who plays Zav The Fire Ant Annoyer (as I dont think I actually killed any)
(and unable to use PM's on this board yet)

1. Bees (and Gardok's deflecting one with his polearm)
2. The interaction with Tolgar (KABOOMs and Snag's bone/mace)
3. US! The warband of (mostly) Level 1 Orcs!

You all were wonderful in your interactions with us...I was determined to have a good time wether it was good or not. Everyone there made that task an easy one! I'm happy to confirm Jam's report that every single one of the new players wanted to come back again!

Back