Favorite Moments

The whole event was GREAT! But I liked:

-Walking out of the tavern and looking at the bandits and thinking they wont attack us right infront of the tavern and then hearing them running after us

-Running around a tree and waylaying the bandits who were chasing us

-Getting to the dragon battle really late and seeing that there is only one fire elemental left

-getting the weave bow and think "Wow they pretty much just handed me my death"

-me: 23 WEAVE! strega:what was that....got it me: 23 weave! 23 weave! Strega looks up Me: OH GOD *runs around the corner

-in the strega battle running away a little with Shikar as we both go "we are going to die!" and then killing the red mists when I only had a dagger

-getting surround by 4 dimond golems and then block them all as I run away going NOT AGAIN NOT AGAIN!!

-looking at the field and seeing all the pc bodies on the ground then looking at my bow and then running straight at the strega ready to die

-running away from dimond golems and red mists constantly as they kept coming around corners

Thats all I can think of at the moment

Okay, let's see what we got in the ol' brain pan:

-Coming into the dragon fight and thinking "Hmmm, wonder if that cave has a back door..."
-Spotting a new biata female in town, walking up to make my move, and having Polare sidestep in front of me and saying "Greetings, I am Polare. Have you met my friend Solomon, who's married to the earth Guildmistress?" Revenge will be sweet....
-Walking into the tavern friday night to see Thorn, the MWE, and the look in his eye.
-Learning that Gianeria is the mirror universe to Syrandor, where gypsies are saints and hoblings are evil bastards. Solomon with a goatee?
-"Wait, do I hear music?!"
-getting plot from Jim on sunday night in monster camp, getting a shout that he's needed in plot cabin and him turning and saying "just a minute, I'm *&#$ing with someone else right now!"
Many instances of intense roleplay with Enrico, Sevelli, the Strega, Winter, Johnathan, Diera, Kitara, the list is too long to remember it all. There were a lot of personal moments wrapping up a lot of personal plotlines that weekend and all were masterfully done. I just hope plot realizes the monster they've created, but not until it's too late.

Great game one and all. Players and npc's alike all did wonderful jobs to make it a memorable near-cataclysm. Hope April is half as good, I'll still praise it.

Jeff

hmmm....

Monday in the gypsy cabin...(I was shaking so bad)

When Yasmay started crying (Amber you did an awesome job)

Slice skipping was funny.

.....Sunday night.....

I cant think of anything else....

Final Score....

If we count the two you drank, the total score was 6.

We now have a new game to play in Gianeria.....

T~

Walking around during the Strega battle and hearing NO weapon calls and seeing the ground littered with packets and PC's. :laugh:

Playing a hag however horrible it was. :cool:

Dante putting breasts on Kreiger. That was classic. I almost died from laughing. :D

FInding out the day that I went that I am getting a car. Sweeeet. :cool:

Man, it sounds like i missed one hell of an event. Sorry i missed Slice and Krieger's send off and everything else that happend, but for sure I will be their in april and i should be a PC.

Shane R.

"kauss is secretly a bucket maker"

almoast splitting my head open on a fire extinguisher while remus and the strega fought over my weave *ouch* (IG & OOG)

the strega almost convincing me to join her side...

some awsome AWSOME roleplaying after hearing the screams of my grandparents being unwoven

however unoriginal: the dragon!!!

taking all sorts of nasty stuff while protecting polare from the dragon

getting deathed by the strega, (first death in the battle) falling almost under jim and the respon point in the shadows, getting stepped on by deira as she left the battle feild, and finally getting lifed w/ 12 seconds left before i res after my frantic dicovery by pearl.

playing dead, taking a voice cause mort voice death and getting lifed by sparklybits 30 seconds before i res

the strega stopping in the middle of the battle turning to look at me with a scary look, greater fae curse death, and once again getting lifed by mr. sparklybits alfter 4min 54sec. yup that was 6 seconds left

seeing damien take a dragons breath and flying deep into the bushes, going back later and seeing the crater frozen into the ground.

kudos to all the great role players out there!
thakes plot for making my 4 year anaversary to nero my best event ever!

NPC'ing this event was the best workout I've had in years. It felt like not one but three days of skiing in a row! I never realized playing crunchies was such intense exercise.

------------

Other highlights were:

The bandits ambushing Evad on the bridge and watching him run away with his tail between his legs.

Five minutes later...

We expected a posse, but Evad came alone and seemingly out of nowhere. He ran out of the trees at lightning speed, across the Meadow, and Wham! While he was hacking up his surprised victim (James), the other 2 of us bandits got away. Poor James.

----------

After trying to sneak around for hours, the last 2 bandits decided that no one cared anyways. So one of them dressed up like the Pirate Roberts, complete with black mask, and they visited the Tavern and played some chess. The bat scavenger and gypsy at the next table hardly took notice.

A town guard sat at our table watching the game, and actually complemented "Roberts" on his mask. The guard probably wondered why we were whispering. So he whispered too... "I couldn't help but notice that your hand is glowing quite brightly. What can you do?"

(bandit, whispering): "I can cast spells."

(guard, whispering): "Like what?"

(bandit, whispering): "Like... 'I command you to sleep', 'I command you to sleep'." The guard promptly slumped down on the table, fast asleep. Luckily, the adventurers at the next table didn't even notice. Strangely enough, they didn't pay much heed to the troll that had wandered in, either.

So the bandits made a deal with the troll, and snuck up behind the remaining 2 patrons, who were half-asleep already (it was 5:30am), and immobilized them with spells and gas globes. But they had no coin, and you can't take a confined victim's weapons! :(

----------

The symphony of snores in monster cabin #1.

----------

Getting respite from playing wave after wave of mindless constructs, to play sneaky trolls instead. Though we died just as fast. :(

----------

Hearing about the dragon, and seeing its head on display in the Tavern, after sleeping through the whole thing. :(

----------

I'm still not sure if you were actually expecting me to drink that cause wounds either or just messin with my head.
~steph

Favorites:

I always wanted to play a hag. I finally got my chance, the last event anyone would ever see them. I named her Garbeldina. Sexiest hag ever!

Dressing up as a horribly gaudy merchant in gold cloths, and nearly getting carried away by kobolds, had it not been for me blinding them with the reflected sun. "Ahhh! Too shiny!"

Finally beating Rodger at chess! Score 1 for me! Yeah, still a few for him, but I have at least the one now.

Diera's incredibly adorable 'please don't kill me' face as she fled unarmed from the Strega battle. Turns out I was all out of spells, and I didn't really feel like 2-sleeping her to death anyway. Not if she was unarmed. How boring would that be?

Dragon's head and Strega battle, of course. Do I even need to mention those?

I think there was some wonderful interactions between the trolls we played and the PCs. We tried to buy Kauss' beard for 4 copper. Then we stole doors from cabins. I don't mean to brag, but I am quite proud of the improv roleplaying I did with the whole 'arrest warrent' scenario.
"We trolls want dwarf!"
"Yeah right, why should we give him to you?"
"Uhh, we town guards! We arrest dwarf need to!"
"Do you have a warrent?"
"Yeeeaaahhhh... OF CORSE WE DO!"
"What dwarf are you looking for? And don't say the one with the beard!"
"That one!"
"Kauss? Why do you need to arrest him? What did he do?"
"Errr... BAD THINGS!"
I'm still wondering why they bothered to ask all those questions, as opposed to just pasting us right there. Anyway, we ran into them again, and they finally killed us. I forgot who said this, but one asked if any of us had any writing, like a warrent or something. Another replied "Yeah, this one's got something scribbled on his arm. 'KAUSS = BAD DORF.'"
I cracked up!

Coming up with crazy Gypsy curses with Aaron and, can't remember her name. We contemplated making Slice mew like a kitten, or every time someone finds a silver, they have to say "Praise the fleas on my hairy buttocks, a silver!"

Bottom line:
I had fun as usual, and so did the UW boffers I brought with me. Hopefully their good words will spread through my club, and tempt even more next time!

You seem to think Diera is affected by sleep. This is a notion you heavily need corrected.
Oh, and I wasn't unarmed... I just hadn't pulled my dagger... yet. ;)

I enjoyed defeating the trolls' door stealing on the tavern with logic.

Oh, and not dying in the Strega battle.

And the look on Shikar's face as he's carrying around 5 weapons and a shield, wanting to get rid of them, and the only two people left standing are me and Vanyel and like either of US can actually damage him. The sheer wild look was kind of scary... and then it was scarier when he started hitting himself.
Seriously, at one point, we were *it* for the forces of the good guys.

Any comments on logistics?

~Sarah

Diera said:
You seem to think Diera is affected by sleep. This is a notion you heavily need corrected.
Oh, and I wasn't unarmed... I just hadn't pulled my dagger... yet. ;)

Ahh! Points taken. I guess you could have kicked Garbeldina's *** after all.

Ok here's mine its real simple!

From the time I got into Dan's car on Friiday till I got out of his car Monday night
were my favorite moments

Brent

PS as soon as you have your june/July events posted I can start working on people to come with me. I have one ready to go as well as Lyndsay wants to go9 so the numbers are building :duel:

Sheverin Tong-Xi said:
Ok here's mine its real simple!

From the time I got into Dan's car on Friiday till I got out of his car Monday night
were my favorite moments

Brent

PS as soon as you have your june/July events posted I can start working on people to come with me. I have one ready to go as well as Lyndsay wants to go9 so the numbers are building :duel:

June 3-5, 2005 at Miller is set. Still trying to secure a site for July.

All my favs!

- I commend anybody that makes themselves too shiny for even Kobalds!

- "Greetings, I am Polare. Have you met my friend Solomon, who's married to the earth Guildmistress?" Hee hee, that was funny! Besides, Koree was too ?involved? with Polare anyway!

- ?Learning that Gianeria is the mirror universe to Syraandor, where gypsies are saints and hoblings are evil bastards.? It?s sooooo true! Gypsies are the sweetest things in Syraandor. It was hard to accept actually TRUSTING A HOBLING here.

- Speaking of trusting a Hobling; I think it was Saturday night, Polare and I were in his cabin when he was called out to help destroy the machines, so he asks me (still in my sleeping bag) ?Will you be ok?? and I mumble ?Mmmhmmm.? And next thing I know I?m hearing ?I engulf you 1, 2, 3?.? (Sleeping bags=Not effective against Red Mist) so I had to put on my shoes and tag along with the mist as it looked for other people to eat. And it wanders into the battle at the barn, and someone killed it, and I tumbled onto the ground, and there was dead stillness for a sec till someone yelled ?Polare, you better get over here!?.Out of game, are you naked?? And I said ?Yes, yes I am.? And then people were fighting over who had the warmest cloak for me!

- After being saved from said Red Mist, immediately being ushered to the cabin to delve into Jonathan?s head and try to fix him?I was half-dressed, no tags, no weapons, no aura, no claw glove, nothing!

- Getting to use my Biata mind powers for the first time ever!

- Learning that nearly everybody in Gianeria has been something else at some point!

- Hearing the best Break Command ever from Xylex (sp?) on Kregar, I believe. ?I enter your mind 1, 2, 3?GET YOUR A** UP!?

- The Hags! Those were some incredibly frighteningly ugly?women? I even liked my curse! I don?t think I could have run if I?d wanted to, after rounding the corner of the cabin and seeing the Hags.

- Having someone disarm the tray of fudge Xylex and I were trying to steal from the tavern (it was his idea, I swear!)

- Evad giving me chocolate. After it got to me, I chased him around trying to get the container away from him, so he ran outside and 'threw it down the well' so I ran back into the kitchen and started running the water, waiting for the chocolate flavor to come out!

- The Earth guild getting robbed, then being robbed again?and again?and again!

- Polare (Hobling of the Opera) singing ?Music of the Sideburns? to me and the Cow Scavenger!

- Seeing poor Averen?s face turn red as Polare and I spout-off innuendo after innuendo. Good times!

- Getting to be a supplementary Healer in the War Room. That was intense, the moving of troops and the mapping of strategies. I felt like I was in WWIII.

- The Oregano Farmers worshiping us for saving them.

- Polare convincing the poor Kobalds that they had to give coins to my puppy dog so he wouldn't be sad.

I was actually really sad to leave. Everybody here was so nice, both PCs and NPCs, IG and OOG. Staff and plot were great too, helping me with item tags and showing me back to the main camp when I got lost. I really appreciated it. Also the loaning of sleeping bag, pillow, and weapons from Jeff/Solomon, and the ride to and from the site with Dan and Sarah. I cannot wait to come again for the June event, I hope, as my Horse Scavie!

Lyndsay / V. Koree

- Hearing the best Break Command ever from Xylex (sp?) on Kregar, I believe. ?I enter your mind 1, 2, 3?GET YOUR A** UP!?

And I thought mine was bad... sheesh... what are these kids picking up from me? :p

Lyndsay said:
I cannot wait to come again for the June event, I hope, as my Horse Scavie!

Aw, and I really liked the kitty bird.

Really, would it be more appropriate to call her a Biarr or a Sarratta?

If you didn't see it, it's not half as funny.

Back