Favorite November Moments

Okay, so this was a SUPER fun event for me. Then again most of the bad stuff didn't happen to me. In no particular order this morning, here are some of my highlights.

1. Leading the fight to the Air Elemental plane to retrieve the earth stone on Saturday night. Awesome fight, not too hard, but the snow was so pretty out. I felt like group fought well together and handled themselves very well. Mostly I like how pretty it was out. :)
2. RP with Crystal the Water (Snow) elemental. I love pretty snow and being able to talk about it was so much fun. One of my most fun RP moments I've had in a long while.
3. So many great fights all around. The Water Elemental Cave on Saturday, Airplane (teehee) fight on Saturday night, the Fire elemental ambush on Sunday morning, the Mudmen cave on Saturday night. Each different, and yet so much fun.
4. Baron Pike Fight on Friday. I know that many were frustrated. We didn't have a lot of our power present and we were seriously lacking in magic weapons. Still, I like hard fights and for that one I felt like I had to use every spell I had.
5. The frustrating but fun spell duel with Jesse as the Weapon on Saturday. I am still learning how to be a mage and see myself pretty bad at spell dueling at this point. I felt like between facing off with Anarchy and Terreek (sp?) I learned quite a bit on how spell duels work. Now I just need to keep practicing.
6. Squires School on Saturday morning. Some great philosophical discussion and I found that many squires really have some big differences of opinions which I really admire and enjoy hearing.
7. Mage's guild - 'nuff said. You guys rock, all of you. Had a great time on the mage guild mod on Friday night. Shani is amazing, I never want her to leave. :) Aneira, her tea and her fire were a life saver over the weekend in the guildhall.
8. Court on Sunday - Yay! Just lots of yays all around. It was fun seeing a formal court as the only other one I have really witnessed was at the tourney.
9. The wedding was beautiful. Thank you to everyone that made it happen. The tavern looked amazing all decorated and I enjoyed all the beautiful toasts to the happy couple.
10. Lastly the beautiful snow that we had on Saturday. OMG, so pretty pretty. I loved walking in it, fighting in it....it was amazing.

By the way, thank you so so much to the NPCs that stood out in the cold to entertain us. It is so much appreciated. I had a great event, maybe one of my favorite events so far of the season.

YEEESSS!!!! I am always stoked when this thread goes up! Thank you, Dani, for being consistent! :)

As always, most of my favorite moments were personal ones. I cannot tell you guys how much I love this game, and the interactions with each and every one of you. I was SUPER excited to see the new "barbarian" in town and I was very glad that the friend I brought had an excellent time. So, without further ado, here are the favorites I recall:

*Watching Morningtide, whom Alis deeply respects, gain his title. Hooray!
*The return of Skeld, the ensuing bombshell, and the epic slap that apparently a tavern full of people missed. :p
*The additional bombshell given by Caladin and the determined decision that set in shortly thereafter.
*Retiring early Saturday night with friends and huddling around our cabin woodstove where penis jokes inevitable ensued. In character penis jokes.
*Watching Ser Morningtide greet Skeld as a friend, and seeing Skeld's surprise and pleasure at such.
*"Do they want blueberries or not?" Asked by Maggie the tavern maid when the elementals rifted into the tavern Sunday morning.
*The absolutely surge of support of Morningtide when his betrothed's uncle tried to kill him and failed so magnificently that it was barely a hitch in the wedding.
*Baron Menco dropping his breastplate to -bolt- across the field chasing skeletal cats, which we saw from quite the distance away.
*The hard work of all the NPCs who suffered cold and exhaustion to keep our game entertaining.
*Sleepy Peat
*Learning Echo's name, at LAST! Maybe.

Things I didn't like:
*That it was over on Sunday.
*That I do not get more quiche for a really long time.

As always I'm sure I have more. If I think of them I will add them.:)

This was my first Alliance event, and honestly I came into it with pretty low expectations. I have played several LARPs in the Atlanta area before moving to Denver (Nero, Solar, King's Gate, etc.) and while I have always had a good time, I have always felt that these games, to varying degrees, suffered from nepotism and cliquishness which made joining the game as a new player and character intimidating and quite difficult. Additionally I have always felt that the Nero system which is very close to what Alliance uses is rather flawed and heavily favors magic users, especially for games that have been running for some time.

However, I have to say that I was very impressed by Alliance, and the event far exceeded my expectations. Everyone was friendly and welcoming, both in and out of play. I felt like I was able to contribute despite being a 1st level character, and while there are still a few things about the system itself that I am not very fond of, the positives far outweighed the negatives, and I am looking forward to further exploring the world you have created. Here's a list of some of my favorite things/moments from my first event at Alliance

* I enjoyed the complexity of some of the larger battles, specifically the battle against the pantherghasts and the battle to close the portal. At other LARPs I have attended, field battles and other large scale encounters often just come down to wave after wave of enemies, with little or no strategy and cooperation required. I enjoyed the efforts that the plot team took to make the encounters unique and challenging, not just due to the power of the monsters, but by forcing us to adapt and use strategy in order to achieve success.

* I especially enjoyed the number of modules and encounters that were available for players to go on, especially on Saturday afternoon, and how easy it was to find people to join you regardless of faction in these modules. I think this is much more entertaining than just fighting monsters that wander into town all day, and I appreciate the extra effort from the plot team and NPCs required to make this happen.

* The food in general was quite good, and the feast was magnificent. It was definitely one of the best meals I have had at a LARP.

* I was surprised and pleased with how well everyone worked together to make loot distribution for the most part fair. I think this is the first time I have been to a LARP where everyone involved in a battle ends up working to distribute the loot evenly among the players present. Based upon previous experience, typically the party who was most powerful/represented would just take everything and everyone else would be left empty handed. I know it's a lot of work to value all the items and divide things up evenly, but it was definitely worth it.

* Special thanks to our cabin mates for letting a couple of strangers share their drinks and their beds, wait that came out wrong... Also thanks to our friends from Valeria (sp?) for letting us borrow and abuse their weapon phys reps.

* Feasting, drinking, fighting, and telling bawdy jokes with my dwarven kin and some of our barbarian friends was good fun and some excellent role playing. I didn't have a race packet or really any back story for my character coming in as I decided to attend on pretty short notice, but I was quickly able to get into character based on interactions with these players.

* The friendly duel for all the dwarven women with my kinsman Brennan (sp?) was good fun. I'm still waiting for payment by the way.

* Being poisoned, webbed, waylayed, and taken prisoner by a Deathknight within my first 5 minutes in play brought back fond memories of one of my favorite LARPs back in GA called Everhate. Trace and Ian will know what I am talking about.

* I was quite worried about the weather this weekend and freezing my *** off, but while it was certainly cold, the site was awesome, the snow added an extra element that I have not previously experienced at a LARP, and the entire atmosphere was fantastic.

Thanks once again for a great weekend, I had a lot of fun, and I am already looking forward to next season. Thanks to everyone for being so hospitable to us noobs; I am excited about sharing many more adventures and misadventures with you all.

* Friday night's antics with the Groom's Party, celebrating the Rivervalean traditions associated with the Groom's Wild Night. Was great to get some bonding time with Eldred and Egil -- and loved having Ri and Connor along for the ride in parts of it... along with special guest stars of the Bride's Party, Banks, and Brom... and the poor sleeping Noah. (You never want to be the first one to go to sleep at a slumber party!) I love the sincere roleplaying moments of bonding like that, not over grand speeches or the heartache of a life of adventure, or drama, or Plot-supplied influence, but just good friendship manifesting so delightfully!
* Squire School on Saturday morning was a great discussion this time around! Our squires are so savvy and had some neat thoughts on our points of discussion about what it is to be noble. I loved getting to reference the lore of events past such as Duke Jonathan's history, thus getting the opportunity to make our in-game history seem real and living. It was a good talk this week, and I'm enjoying the smaller, more familiar forum for these meetings.
* GREAT roleplay with Eric as Squire Noah regarding his role in the Nathaniel Worden fight on Friday night. Just a real opportunity for some excellent growth there both for Noah as a character, and the two of them in their relationship as friends, and mentor and squire.
* Getting ready for the wedding with Eldred and Ri. Eldred: "Don't take this the wrong way, Katherine, but in all these years of our friendship, I've never thought of you as a woman. You fight like a man. You carouse like a man...." / Katherine: "I'm about to bust you in the jaw like a man if you don't stop chatting and finish getting dressed!"
* Connor speaking of the rarely mentioned Bayside Blaines, "I've lost my appetite," and a thousand other quiet, nearly easily missed moments of dry humor and being the only guy on the ship who's paying attention! Bobby, you fit in so splendidly with our team. Thanks for joining us and being so awesome as Connor!
* And speaking of the far more appreciated Dockside Blaines, Brooke Blaine had some great zingers this weekend! I loved having sassy Brooke back in action. "I wouldn't know; I've never read it." I'm STILL laughing about this!
* RIVERVALE PARTY TIME! Such a great way to wake up!
* Heh, the inevitable cause of Panax's sudden but inevitable violent breakdown that we all know is just lurking below the surface, waiting to explode!
* In the HG, examining the cave paintings for the Key of Shadows, "Alright, here he's casting a spell into the Key. Obviously that went well, because now he's celebrating by drinking a martini. That seemed like a good idea, so here's he's got a date, and is probably going to get laid."
* Speaking of the HG, I look forward to Dame Katherine's plan of redecoration of it with painted stenciled inspirational phrases, and instructional anatomy drawings for aspiring healers....
* Kendrick's unrestrained joy over the beauty of the snow! I get more chances than most, I think, to observe this character's serious side, and it was lovely to see such joy in him, totally natural, totally in-character, not merely based in our usual silly team antics. I loved that glimpse into the character's happiness.
* The sweetest private moment before the wedding of walking to the back of the tavern, and finding Elavir there in her wedding dress and veil, bouquet of flowers held before her, all alone, and bursting into happy tears because she was so beautiful! It was such a fun and rare personal moment between our two characters, regardless of rank or politics, and just based in friendship. I was really happy to have had that brief interlude as such a treasured personal moment in those characters' stories.
* Squire Brom's actions leading to a hug worth not one, but two "I'm so proud of you"s. I have loved every step of the journey that Mark and I have played out between our characters since the start of game, in their relationship as cousins, friends, and liege and squire. The subtleties there always amuse me; Mark does such a great job of extrapolating what can sometimes be brief bullet points of our expanded offstage character interaction, and really weaving that into his roleplay.
* Chat with Skeld on Sunday morning, going a bit into his character history, "Wait a minute. I actually DO have a resource for that!" I really like Tyler a lot, and I find that I wish I had more reasons for our characters to interact. I enjoyed getting the chance for that brief bit of roleplay over some important topics. I wish the timing had better facilitated more interaction there, but I look forward to what we'll get in the future!
* Thank you, Jenn, for the audience with the Duchess on Saturday night with Darius and Katherine -- and special guest star Eldred ever so briefly in his usual heartfelt awesomeness -- and how great that discussion was!
* THE CAVE OF CHIVALRY ROCKS!! I loved the stuffing out of this little five minute module for Dame Katherine's test! That was made of win from start to finish! Since I'm the enemy of fun, I refuse to tell the squire players even OOG about the module other than to say: It was super fun, and you guys will really have fun with this when it's your turn! Look forward to it! :)
* Cory. Man. Your roleplay. There were several moments in the last hour of game that were so meaningful in their background and subtlety and meaning. I can't go into details on the board of many of them, but I will say that in particular I loved sitting with Graham and Duer and Katherine at the table, just in supportive silence, in for the long haul.
* Graham! John, thanks for coming to this game. I continue to love to expand on the friendship between our characters, both in its character history past, and their present relationship as squire and knight. The obvious distinction to me in our roleplay with whether or not we wear friends' hats, or red and white belts when we speak is always a delight. We had some excellent moments of both this weekend -- both with a certain quip delivered in the Rivervale cabin that had me laughing for the rest of the weekend! You know the one. Then -- damn you! Because it's not really Graham's fault to get just **one more cringe** over "Dame Albright"ing me when I least expect it! Happy Birthday, friend. I've been so delighted by the first several months of our friendship, and I look forward to many years of more adventures to come in all sorts of worlds, real and imaginary, living, undead, and otherwise! :)
* The end of the event with the Ducal Court elevations was such a great Laia presenting the medals to Luke and Han at the end of Star Wars moment! (Don't you "A New Hope" me or you're dead to me!)
* I was so happy to see the recognition for our awesome squires, and I LOVE the merit badge system to track their progress! Thank you for implementing that!
* Jenn's genuine tears glistening in her eyes at the start of Dame Katherine's elevation were so touching. That was a powerful and unforgettable moment for my character; thank you for that. Many of our PCs may not know that we opened the very first Alliance weekend event in October 2013 with Darius' elevation as Baron, and Katherine's knighting. It was therefore obviously really nostalgic to me of that moment, and I loved getting to look back on all the great stuff that's happened even in just this first year! The words of Katherine's knight's oath are really important to the character, and rarely does an event go by that they don't get referenced actively in-game, so it was kinda neat to be put on the spot with remembering the whole of the oath, and tinkering with it slightly to better suit the role of a ducal knight. Sir Jared has been Dame Katherine's mentor, and he whispered some very kind words to me when he presented my ducal tabard to me in a brief, but very meaningful moment which I appreciated so much -- thank you, Jesse! And whoever made the chainmail dragon OOG: ZOMG I LOVE IT! I showed my dragon to everyone in the world after game! It's so cute! That silly little mascot has already delivered to me such amusement, I can't even tell you.
* Such nice little, but important gestures from David as Sir Blasdel, and Emily as Lady Heather with their brief words of congratulations after Dame Katherine's oath as a ducal knight, making these NPCs seem like "real people," and like my new team. It was short, but important, and I really appreciate your appearance and those gestures of tender roleplay. Thanks, guys!
* It's not every event when you get to see your best friend married off, and then elevated to Baron -- and by the way, Happy Birthday, Ray/Eldred! I was filled with such joy to see Eldred's elevation to Baron, so beautifully achieved. Glad you won this particular contest between us, friend, same as the last one. You deserve the victory. :)
* Mike and I talked about a very quiet, shared moment between Dame Katherine and Baron Egil as he sat down after his oath, dazed and stunned. The applause died down and the rest of the world seemed to blur out of focus. We shared a brief gesture from across the room that sums up a lot of our characters' friendship was just bonding and supportive and celebratory and fun, all in a single brief. I really love how the friendship between these characters has evolved over the past year in its varied forms. I can't wait to see how our new roles allow that to expand and evolve!
* And because I'm STILL laughing about it, it bears a second mention... "I wouldn't know; I haven't read it." ::flip:: Amy, thank you just for existing. My world is so much better and brighter for having you in it. I adore you. :)

Thanks, EVERYONE, for a great end to our first full-year season of events! We are all so lucky to have this rich community of helpful, friendly, awesome human beings. In 22 years of LARPing, I've never been in a community this wonderful. I've made more friends than I can count in just a year -- people that I now can't imagine my life without. Thanks for being a part of this. Thank you, Jesse, Jenn, Steve, Dani, David, Tim, Jay, Jack, Quinn, and all our volunteers for making this possible. I look forward to next year and all those thereafter!

Trace Moriarty

Uhm....

1. I don't know if its right to go into the full details, but the fight between Noah and Baron Pike was rather awesome on many levels, for many reasons.

2. Fighting with Jay's new claws that Trace made, which were so light they fell outta my hands. I believe she fills them with Helium.

3. Lots of good RP this weekend, unfortunately most of the details again...is not right to go into full on a forum :) Every scene I had with a PC or NPC that went past "hello" was really good, and I really thank everyone for that.

4. The last fight on Sunday was epic-awesome. Special thanks to everyone who volunteered to hold essences, and guard people. Special thanks as well to those nuts enough to front line the stuff. The Valarion crew + Brooke that worked with Frank and Vira - you guys were amazing.

Last edited:
Wow, so much to say...
I really enjoyed this game, I had a lot of really good moments and despite the cold felt that game was active and vibrant. Here are a few moments I really enjoyed (And I'm sure I'm missing others)

* Planning an Executing the wedding with Val, Jules and the others and having it come off really well despite Death Gas Poison.
* Philosophical discussions with Sir Morningtide as he prepped for his wedding.
* Grooms Party and Honor Guard time at Rivervale where there was definitely no sneaking around or drawing inappropriate images on doors and such.
* Fighting Earth Elementals in the freezing cold with Kendrick, Brooke, Brennan and some new friends and recovering from a near party wipe with the help of a clever farmer.
* Squire School was very thought provoking and I loved the discussions on what it means to be Noble.
* The Sunday fight was great, challenging and fast, and each time it reset felt a little more urgent.
* Thanks to Jenn, Jules and Val for the great scene with The Baroness' uncle.
* Talking about the Cave of Chivalry with Vira, Barron Menko, and Brennan and the concept of Tiabros, thanks to all of you for that.
* Talking with The Lieutenant, both interacting and taunting him about his tactics, that was a fun little scene.

I know there is a ton more, but I'm still recovering and this is what comes to mind. Thank you everyone for a great season!

This was a fantastic season closer – I think the best closer I’ve ever played in tbh (and I went to a closer where the four horsemen of the apocalypse were heralded by fireworks and screaming peacocks. )

I have… a lot of favorite moments, so please bear with me as I try to recall them all.

· A huge thank you to Conor who let me dump extra wedding crap in his car! (sorry about that. I did say surprise tho!)

· All the love ever for Tiatar for helping me pull off a wedding (more on that below)

· My cave of chivalry experience was incredibly important and relevant for me. It’s rare that I get to feel like a badass, and somehow the stars aligned for me and I got to really feel like I had earned my chops. I cannot go into details about it, but thank you plot for your choices for my character.

· THANK YOU PLOT FOR THE CROSS-CHAPTER PLAY OMG. As some of you may know I have been interacting with other chapters, and to getting to talk **** while behind the wall of badasses warms my heart. Miguel (I hope I have your name right) you did an amazing job of smiling like an evil villain through it all; despite the endless **** talking and jabs we delivered verbally. This whole scene delighted me (and doubly validated my characters reasons for sending food to a starving people). Also the bad guy in New Hampshire shall forever be known as “syphilis”. So much happy here.

· “Shut your ******* face uncle ******” – So. Much. Win. So there were several parts about my uncle that amused the **** out of me this weekend. First of all that he missed Eldred and hit me square in the back. Then the look on Jesse’s face as I was like “oh – that hit me.” He asked “poison shield?” I replied “nope” as I fell face first into Dame Katherine’s soft welcoming bosom (oops). The reactions of the entire town were amazing, and I’ve delighted in hearing them all. Baron Rivervale was immediately there to help, Dame Katherine there to softly and lovingly reassure my character that my husband was going to murder that ******* (my words here, not hers). But the one that stood out was David as Sir Blazdale standing up to yell at my uncle in defense of Morningtide’s honor. I am constantly floored by how much love and support New Acarthians show their family in character. (Even the NPCs). The in character (and oc) community and bonds that continue to form are something I cherish in a larp. You guys are amazing.

· Thank you to everyone who lovingly complimented the dress I wore. That dress belongs to Leora (Alis) who generously offered to let me borrow it. I had the privilege of being in her wedding last year and getting to see her stunningly walk down the aisle, so it was a very special honor to get to wear it. Thank you again Leora <3 *hugs*

· Jenn, Jesse, and Trace – thank you for the beautiful genuine reactions as you found me standing in the hallway – the nervous bride. It’s those sort of loving friendships and beautiful moments that I will carry with me forever.

· Val (Lucien) and Sorin (Ri) – There is so much planning that goes into a wedding. I needed TWO wedding planners, and I was so lucky to have both of you handling everything while I was getting ready. For those who didn’t know, Sorin actually wrote up all of the Tiatarin traditions for weddings, and really added a TON of flavor to the event (thank you!!). Thank you both so much, and I really look forward to seeing those traditions carried on years from now as Alliance Denver grows.

· One of the sweetest quiet moments for me was Pip in the kitchen frosting the cupcakes (in full costume and mask) looking up, covered in blue frosting and just grinning.

· Baron Darius wearing the Elavir colors for the wedding. (someone looks good in blue!)

· The posters announcing the wedding dotting the buildings (Thank you Ri!)

· The amazing wedding gifts! (Thank you all so much for your work and generosity, and baby there IS gold outside!)

· The whole RP with the water elemental (Dani you did an amazing job, also I loved the ensemble and glitter!). The RP that was had was a wonderful bonding experience for all involved.

· The scene with my uncle in his jail cell will be something my PC holds onto for a long time. Also Jenn it was fun to banter with you as a bad guy for once!

· The antics of the pre-wedding party were fabulous. Thank you Cassie, Jim, Conor, Cory, Mike and B for making that so special. Also props to the grooms party for the “mysterious penis bandits”

· Thank you to the whole wedding party for helping us plan the ceremony!

· Thank you to Ray who made the whole wedding possible and put up with my planning and fussing over the whole event.

· Thank you to Jenn and Jesse who were kind enough to let us do such a crazy thing

· Thank you (ON BEHALF OF THE WHOLE GAME) to the plot member (Brian?) who came up to me to tell me we couldn’t have the wedding at 4:30 because of plot constraints. I did not come to my senses until they let me know time was a factor. You guys can hug plot for the indoor wedding (*shakes her fist at Cory*)

· Thank you to Cory for putting up with the **** talking from everyone about the first flower stuff. Also for being the only one to tease me about the bride-zilla nonsense about wanting the wedding outside.

· Thank you to Jack. Jack and Quinn put a TON of work into this feast and getting everything just right for the whole game to enjoy. The meat, soup, appetizers and everything was incredible. Especially the dessert (and no I don’t mean the 68 cupcakes I made). You outdo yourself sir. The au jous and horseradish sauce were epic.

· Thank you to Frank and Kendrick for helping clean (And everyone else who pitched in.)

· Thank you to Tiatar for helping setup, shop, write, and put forth all the effort to make this wedding a reality. The tavern looked amazing.

· Thank you to all the NPCs for braving the cold just to keep us entertained.

Didn’t really intend to make this a thank you thread… but yeah – seemed appropriate J I have lots of other awesome memories and shout outs but this is what I have for the moment. This season ended so epicly for me, and getting to see the squires recognized as well are Dame Katherine, Baron Morningtide and now Baron Egil.

Here’s to next season!

-Jules

Here goes nothing. Per the standard I will do what I can to express adequately as many awesome moments as I can. Apologies in advance if I miss a person here or there, or misspell something, etc. Now, ON TO THE BULLET POINTS!!!

• Shock and Dread. This is the first thing Brom experienced Friday night as a small group of us took a stroll up to the tavern. The ambush was fast, forceful, and deadly. Needless to say, none of us had a chance. The atmosphere was great, everyone involved was awesome, and the event will not soon be forgotten. I have other, not positive, thoughts about this encounter as well, but I will keep them to myself as this is a place for happy thoughts!

• I, as a player, struggle with the social and political side of the game. I am more often than not shy/reserved in large social gatherings and I don't have a mind for playing the political game. Both of these traits are important to squires/nobles so I have had to really encourage myself to break out of my shell and let go of my own personal hangs ups and get more in character. This weekend I feel was my best one yet in this regard. Trace has helped me a lot as a player and Dame Katherine has helped Brom out a lot and I owe both much. Squire Brom has a ways to go (as do I personally) but I really think this weekend was great for Brom as he works on becoming a knight. Brom's interaction with Her Grace, with Squire Graham at his side, was great and really helped him begin to stand out. Jen does such an amazing job portraying the Duchess and I am enjoying my interactions with her more and more. A big thank you to both Trace and Jen, the two of you help me grow with each event!

• Squires. I f***ing love our squires. Each one of us is unique and brings much to the game. Squire school is becoming more and more enjoyable for me (thank you Trace for evolving it into a more casual thing for us) as I get a better sense of my fellow squires. I feel as though Brom and Kendrick especially had some great moments this gather, such as Brom testing Kendrick's knowledge of the 5th aspect of the code. Brom naturally fell into a "teacher" role this gather as he made a few observations and comments in an attempt to aid Squire Kendrick. I didn't realize it until Sunday but Brom is now a mentor of sorts for 'younger' squires (he isn't alone in this, just purely speaking from my side of things). Once this hit me I couldn't help but feel happy as I realized just how much my character has grown. I can't help but be anxious to see how much further Brom develops and grows within the game.

• Speaking of Squires, Brom and Frank had a VERY important encounter this weekend. I can't/won't say much, but it was very crucial (I feel) to the relationship the two squires have. It was also my first true conflict with another PC. Porch is f***ing awesome and emotes so well. A turning point was reached this weekend, both for Brom alone and for the two squires together. Holy hera am I eager to see how this will develop and play out next year! Porch, you rock man, keep it up!

• Pantherghast fight. Damn. That was fun but frustrating too. Not in a bad way mind you, but for Brom and his sense of wanting to help and protect. Brom carried the Champion's Blade into that fight (our magic sword) with instructions to move about the field and hand it off as needed so that the Pantherghasts (I hope I am close to spelling that right...) could be put down in short order. Sounds easy enough right? Well, that was before a crap ton of human pantherghasts made an appearance. I struggled trying to help put them down AND get the blade to where it was needed most. Super fun fight, but frustrating for Brom. Didn't help that the cord to my out layer of pants snapped so I was sagging worse than a Homie-G for half the fight. Also, Dani, you are super fun and challenging to face off against! Keep it up!

• I had fun hanging out in the Healers guild while a handful of people tried to figure out the cave drawings. I tried to help, have no clue if I added anything, but the RP was fun. Dame Katherine's insistence that one of the pictures was a dude holding a martini was especially funny if not overly helpful :p. Brom respects the knights of Bayenna (well, now knight and baron) quite a bit and getting to help them is something Brom jumps at the chance to do. Mike and Cassie, keep it up! You guys rock!

• The battle on the plane of air. Pure and simple it was fun. The atmosphere was perfect for it and the fight was challenging and fun without being overly frsutrating. It was challenging for sure, but always felt doable. To plot and the NPC crew, you all pull of some truly amazing things and there is no way the PC base could ever thank you enough for all the enjoyment you provide for us. You constantly make fights fun, challenging, but more importantly unique and fresh. Great job guys!

• Being approached by a few people about joining the Vigilant. Sadly, my good friend Paul is moving and with him he is taking his character Deacon Gray. With Deacon gone, there isn't a Vigilant leader IG at the moment (despite my bit of effort to get Livvy who plays Nyx to take over...). Brom has a chance to help usher in a new batch of Vigilant and help promote the group IG. I look forward to this opportunity as well as the chance to hand the reins to someone when the time comes!

• Portal fight. Oddly, Banks went most unnoticed as the "beacon of life", hence I had little to do that fight. Which was a boon in a way as I got to largely spectate. Man that was a fun battle to watch! The NPC crew did AMAZING things considering how much the PCs outnumbered them. The fight was well thought-out and well directed. Honestly, I think it is one of our battle field battles thus far!

• The wedding feast. Man was that an amazing thing to see and be a part of. I struggled the whole way through trying to figure out which of the married couple looked most regal and pretty! Seriously, team Tiatar (and whomever else was involved) did a tremendously awesome job with the setup and execution of the feast! Great times!

• "I wouldn't know... I haven't read it". Tee hee

• Having the squires be recognized was great! Jesse and Jen did a great job portraying their characters and I really do think it was a great experience for us all. I am trying to brainstorm ways to incorporate the token that was given to us into my costume. The whole scene was a great way to close out the event. Some truly awesome players/characters were recognized for their efforts and achievements and the game world feels organic as people and things grow and change. Awesome stuff!

• I can't believe you made it this far. Really, look at this wall of text. You truly made it this far? Thank you for your attention and perseverance!

• No, really, look at what you just read... or did you skim... hmmm... perhaps I should learn to be more concise and briefer in thought...

• Lastly, largely, I did little fighting this gather but much RP. It was a nice change of pace for me. I feel as though Brom grew a lot and made more connections as well as strengthened those which were already there. Can't wait to get IG again and visit with all my friends from another world!

My moments are usually kind of small in the overall scheme of things, but they still make me happy.
  • The look on Kendrick's face when he discovered that snow was falling that looked exactly like the flakes covering Crystal's dress, with all that implied. I love it when factors I totally can't control cooperate with me! Also, I have never actually seen that kind of snow when it was falling before, and for a moment when I first saw it, I thought it was some kind of visual artifact- the reality is much nicer. :)
  • The look on Jenna's face when she discovered that the rather nasty magic item that she so loved the physrep for will become mundane by next game, and that she therefore gets to keep it. Utterly adorable, and I was thrilled to be able to give her that. Also, the corollary that I had succeeded in my goal to find a physrep that was a genuinely nice piece of jewelry, not just a placeholder for same.
  • Blueberry Pancakes with honey! The food at the wedding feast was excellent, but since I was watching carefully to make sure I was ready to run into the back if I was needed, it was more a fist-bump moment than an unalloyed enjoyment. The pancakes, on the other hand, connoted both yummy food and several people doing what was necessary to make sure I didn't miss breakfast due to oversleeping. Thanks to Vincent, Cassie, and Jack for the breakfast, and sorry to all for the oversleeping. I will be more careful with my energy reserves and have an alarm clock by next game.
  • Ferin (sp?) taking over the Healer's Guild filing. Both because that has been a pain in my behind for months, and because it is a major milestone in the Healer's Guild becoming more player-driven, which makes me happy. :)
  • Philosophical and practical discussion with Abtus.
  • What Sir Morningtide said to Salvia during the table walk. It was surprisingly meaningful, given that I don't think they have spoken beyond brief pleasantries more than three or four times, and it will have an impact on her further character development.

While I don't have a lot of truly memorable moments, I do have a few that stand out.
  • The wedding and reception were amazing. Props to Tiatar!
  • The "bandits" marking up the buildings, esp when they bounded past those of us on Tiatar's porch to graffiti the building while pretending we wouldn't see them.
  • Val/Lucian reveling in the reception.
  • Pip adding to the atmosphere throughout downtime.
  • Spider mod of doom and the sudden "click" of everyone coordinating unexpectedly. Also from this mod...I miss Blinky, my almost-pet phase spider. Alas, he tried to eat my face and had to be put down.
  • Tiatar drinky time.
  • Getting to play the kicked puppy through most of the reception, waiting for the other shoe to drop.
  • This particular exchange before the wedding...
Sir Johnathon: "Hellooooooooooo, Lagarde."
Lagarde: "Hey...um...hi, Sir Johnathon...I should be going now."
Sir J: "Don't you sir me. I'm not wearing a white belt."
Lagarde: "Why?"
Sir J: "My mother is holding it. We need to have a talk." *draws sword part way*
Lagarde: "What kind of talk?"
Sir J: "Let's go over here where no one can see us."
Lagarde: "Oh. That kind." *sulk*​
  • And this one...me sitting front row for the wedding...
Jared: "Lagarde."
Lagarde: "Hi."
Jared: "Why are you sitting there?"
Lagarde: "Because I was seated here by the rabbit..."
Jared: "The front row is for the duchess and her family and their guests. You need to move."
Lagarde: "But I'm with her." *points at Heather and Heather nods*
Jared: "You...wait...you're her guest?
Lagarde: "Yep."
Jared: "Oh. Oh! OH! Um...okay then." *looks embarrassed*​

My moments are usually kind of small in the overall scheme of things, but they still make me happy.
  • The look on Jenna's face when she discovered that the rather nasty magic item that she so loved the physrep for will become mundane by next game, and that she therefore gets to keep it. Utterly adorable, and I was thrilled to be able to give her that. Also, the corollary that I had succeeded in my goal to find a physrep that was a genuinely nice piece of jewelry, not just a placeholder for same.

Her name is Jess. ;)

While I don't have a lot of truly memorable moments, I do have a few that stand out.
  • The wedding and reception were amazing. Props to Tiatar!
  • The "bandits" marking up the buildings, esp when they bounded past those of us on Tiatar's porch to graffiti the building while pretending we wouldn't see them.
  • Val/Lucian reveling in the reception.
  • Pip adding to the atmosphere throughout downtime.
  • Spider mod of doom and the sudden "click" of everyone coordinating unexpectedly. Also from this mod...I miss Blinky, my almost-pet phase spider. Alas, he tried to eat my face and had to be put down.
  • Tiatar drinky time.
  • Getting to play the kicked puppy through most of the reception, waiting for the other shoe to drop.
  • This particular exchange before the wedding...
Sir Johnathon: "Hellooooooooooo, Lagarde."
Lagarde: "Hey...um...hi, Sir Johnathon...I should be going now."
Sir J: "Don't you sir me. I'm not wearing a white belt."
Lagarde: "Why?"
Sir J: "My mother is holding it. We need to have a talk." *draws sword part way*
Lagarde: "What kind of talk?"
Sir J: "Let's go over here where no one can see us."
Lagarde: "Oh. That kind." *sulk*​
  • And this one...me sitting front row for the wedding...
Jared: "Lagarde."
Lagarde: "Hi."
Jared: "Why are you sitting there?"
Lagarde: "Because I was seated here by the rabbit..."
Jared: "The front row is for the duchess and her family and their guests. You need to move."
Lagarde: "But I'm with her." *points at Heather and Heather nods*
Jared: "You...wait...you're her guest?
Lagarde: "Yep."
Jared: "Oh. Oh! OH! Um...okay then." *looks embarrassed*​

So I've been upgraded from Dinner to 'The Rabbit'...I suppose I can live with that.

So I've been upgraded from Dinner to 'The Rabbit'...I suppose I can live with that.

Let's not even get into how confusing it is to have dinner seat me for dinner.

There was a lot of pre-game build up for my character to this one, and as a result, a great deal of anticipation. Even I am still coming to terms with who my character actually is and how he's going to fit into the grand scheme, but as I attend more events he becomes more defined. I just want to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to involve me and interact with me. This group is so amazingly inclusive it's actually such a refreshing surprise.

In no particular order:

Having the first thing I see upon returning from a trip (in which Undead feature heavily... those who Skeld told his story to know what I'm talking about) be a death knight controlling undead. It took every ounce of his self control to not rush in and, let's face it, end up joining them. The resulting fight was so educational and surprising to me that my character actually has sense enough to cover a retreat when the entire town is so thoroughly outmatched.

Actually having armor! After a few games of feeling woefully unprepared, having armor gave me the impression that I had better than a fighting chance. All the compliments were also great vindication for the hours upon hours of cutting, dying, and hole-punching. Thanks to Leora (Alis) for the amazing base upon which I merely added extra components. It was surprising how comfortable that vest got after a few hours, and how wholly undefended I felt whenever I didn't have it on.

Getting slapped. I knew this was coming... I consented to it... but it's still not something you can take without at least some form of base reaction. The irony was it ended up being such a stark contrast to his reaction when the roles were slightly reversed less than an hour later.

Having Squire Frank approach me during the wedding and ask if everything was ok. I apparently "had a look". This blew me away. I think at the time I had just relayed the results of Skeld's trip during the October event time period, and as a result my expression was sad or at least focused. Just goes to show how observant he is.

Speaking of the wedding... SO MUCH COOL. It started with a "date" that was full of awkward (thanks to Dia for playing Maggie the tavern maid... I'm guessing you had NO idea that NPC would be seeing nearly as much screen time! =D), moved into a small body-heat huddle on the tavern porch while people inside did who knows what, proceeded with a wonderful ceremony during which I regret not just standing up and completely blocking the offending uncle (even if it meant taking a death poison to the chest), amazing speeches all around, and an AWESOME rendition of "Baby there's gold out there" by Jeff & Leora. Not to mention the "Loud table" over by the fire. It was great getting to spend some time over there and meet another "barbarian" and our close cultural cousins, the dwarves. All in all everything ended in more awkwardness back at the cabin during which I was content to tend the fire wide-eyed and slightly embarrassed.

Modding with a couple lamplighters and discovering that there are xenomorphs in Acarthia, complete with acid spit. Apparently others already knew about it... and this... doesn't bode well. The treasure helped tho!

I... there's too much. I want to write out every little moment but... OH! I can't forget the Vigilant stuff! Getting a chance to talk with Trace and see her face light up like "OH! That's something I actually CAN help with!" was just awesome. Plus, there's some real potential there as an organization Skeld may actually be interested in joining and, (maybe, just maybe) end up leading...

Anyway, I should cut things now. There are so many other moments and awesomeness I would love to share, but A) that would take too long, and B) some of the best moments were little private ones that I want to keep for myself.

Thank you all! I can't wait until April (or January, I guess?)

-Tyler AKA Skeld AKA "That huge barbarian guy"

*edit* I just remembered one thing: Eldred is such a battle buddy. I think Skeld may have a bro-crush on the dude. Which is so very strange, especially now that he's a friggin Baron. o_O

My favorite moments for the weekend!

The battle cry shared by the players during the dwarven duel "FOR ALL THE DWARVEN WOMEN!' as Ogers attacked us while watching the duel.

Being asked by squire Ri to be honor guard for the wedding. For Abtus to be asked to preform such a important task after being in Acarthia for only a few months was a great moment!

"Mam I'm going to have to ask you to come to the healers guild with me." Great crazy pregnant woman played by Alex!

Getting to adventure with Arteas (sp?), Alis, Skeld, Katelyn for the first time thanks a bunch guys!

Philosophical discussions and training during my shift in the healers guild with Salvia, Figuring out which direction I want to take my spell tree thanks to Salvia to be a great front line battle healer, and learning endow is a persistent spell!

Jesse's "Yes!" with a fist pump when he was stating our mod Saturday morning when he learned Katelyn was level 1 :)

All the wonderful conversations all over town this weekend with a lot of "new" people for Abtus.

Being offered to be made human and being able to philosophically turn the NPC down.

--Edit-- Almost forgot the frost drake battle that was really cool to be a part of and a great job done by the NPC's!

Thank you everyone for making my first LARP season so wonderfully memorable! I cant wait to see all of you again soon!

Last edited:
This was a quieter, but fun event for me over all. That said, there were quite a few of fun occurrences...

• Standing guard while Baron Darius and the healers worked to raise our fallen. It was hard to watch so many friends come back, but being glad they DID come back. Then have to fight the shadowy evil that came from them. I missed out on the larger battle, but it felt like I was there for good reasons!
  • Coming to a decision about what sort of path to follow for my character, and other's reactions to that.
  • Sleeping in on Saturday and walking up with Banks and Inaki.
  • Walking into a 'trap' with Squire Ri, even though we both knew it was going to be a trap. (Being feared away sucked though!)
  • The Panterghast fight was chaotic, but wonderful at the same time. With so many specific dangers, I ended up being more supportive than offensive, but it felt like it just clicked overall. Thank you Dani... We spared for so very very long with me unable to do anything but keep your attention off those trying to recover...
  • The reception dinner was wonderful. It was great to get the chance to speak with Ander's with the different ways we view earth and celestial magic. Great company for dinner, and it was great to be able to buy a round of drinks for friends during it, even if I missed more than a few of you!
  • Escorting the Baron back to the festivities after the reception was a terrifying experience. So much quiet thanks to the snow, and we stopped on more than one occasion to defend ourselves from the terrible terrible trees standing in the path... Then seeing someone on the road for real and spending 2 or 3 minutes trying to get each other to respond over the sound deadening snow...
  • Closing the rift was a difficult fight. Kudos to the NPC's for making it frantic. Staring at the portal that seemed to be entirely too close was horrendous, was great fun.

Wow... great commentaries.... don't even know what half of them mean! LOL
Would love to know why someone got slapped! LOL

In no order at all... Wolsey taunting Baron Nathaniel and hitting him with a sleep spell to shut him up because I was out of silences.

Realizing how close the town was as we were both out of spell shields and resist magics. I think a purify may have taken out my last one too.

Giving out an earth blade so someone could hit Baron Nathaniel was so different and fun to watch the duel.

Role-playing Tariq w Aneira while the world fought Pantherghasts around us... I would occassionally get hit with spells and call out defensives, reapply them, throw spells back, and continue RPing with her. SO much fun until Vincent hit me with 3 successive shatters that did the trick.

Wedding stuffs... trying my best to keep my composure during it and act through my personal issues to make it a good time. Convo w Darius and Katherine when Jared was asked what he did for fun and his answer made Katherine yawn in sarcasm then realize we had a common interest. Luv how the players are always trying to find out more on Jared. It makes him feel real to me.

AIRplane... lol

Ending ceremony and all the crowns and kudos and stuffs.

Running the cave mods and being able to squeeze in everybody in the first weekend running them!
Some were pretty EPIC.

The final fight... plot team (I think Tim and Dani?) thought of doing it that way just before we went out... I cannot take credit for the 8 position fight but yes it was awesome!!

Closing the rift.

Introducing new bugs. heh.

So much more.....

From the NPC side, I had a lot of fun this last weekend. From finding the right number of layers so that I wasn't bothered by the cold (except when waiting to be allowed to be seated at the dinner) to getting a PNPC that people kept trying to figure out :)

In the cave painting mod, the one on one duel with Sir Osborn, that was awesome. It felt like time stopped for a bit until damadge started landing. Awesome fight!

The chaos of the Baron Nathaniel fight. My PNPC decided to build good faith and join in. Didn't turn out as well as I could have hoped but I was there!

And speaking of chaotic fights, that final elemental fight was pretty fun :)

And getting to be "The Lutenant" for Sundays encounter. But next time I will remember to use more of my character card. And before initiating combat I will see if I have already been surrounded :p

Good times. Very good times ^_^

<<snip>>· THANK YOU PLOT FOR THE CROSS-CHAPTER PLAY OMG. As some of you may know I have been interacting with other chapters, and to getting to talk **** while behind the wall of badasses warms my heart. Miguel (I hope I have your name right) you did an amazing job of smiling like an evil villain through it all; despite the endless **** talking and jabs we delivered verbally. This whole scene delighted me (and doubly validated my characters reasons for sending food to a starving people). Also the bad guy in New Hampshire shall forever be known as “syphilis”. So much happy here.
<<snip>>

That was me :) And I was glad to be able to provide a good role play, though next time I will make sure the town hasn't put me in a bad tactical position with preemptive encircling :)
I will be interested to hear how this plays out and if I was able to portray that character properly.

Back