Favorite Quotes... OF ALL TIME!!!

Post up quotes that you heard IG at nero that you really liked. It can be of anyone: yourself, one of your cabinmates, some NPC, whatever. Lets share them quotes that have really made the game.

I would post some myself, but my brain is fried atm, and can only think of Johnathan quotes.

I've been told this was one of the most Solomon things ever said. It was after 6 of the Golden Fist merc crew had been drunkenly harassing a teenage town girl in front of the tavern. I was having none of it, but this was in the middle of the whole citizenship means not touchie if your a non citizen thing, and they were and I wasn't. So, I got in behind them and as soon as one of them pushed one of my friends, it was waylay/assassinate fest and four of them were down before they turned. The quote came when a half hour later someone was questioning me as to exactly what happened:

Them: What happened?
Me: They were hurting a young girl, so we told them they needed to stop.
Them: Did they?
Me: No.
Them: So what did you do?
Me:... I insisted.

"Sooo, Kittyfox goes for a walk. 15 minutes later she comes back and says 'boy, that was nice walk. Then Alexandros goes for a walk. 5 minutes later he shows up in the earth circle." -Leyk
"I'll think about your offer. . . . Can I hear the gold again?" -Taran to the Strega as she was bribing him with the sound of hundreds and hundreds of gold. . .
"Oh good, he's dead." Storytime last event.
"Izlude, do you have a magic armor?" "Why no, Shikar, I don't." "Would you like one?" "Yes, do you have a spare?" "Sure thing." *Shikar walks into the celestial guild, returning with a magic armor scroll* "0 Waylay. Now see the lump on the back of his head, Kitty? That's about where you want to hit em to knock em out."
"Oh, hi Kitty." -solomon on an extremely dark path, right next to my feet.
"Kauss is secretly a bucketmaker!" -Taran
"You have nice butt!" -Gurv's pickup line from the mountain oregon event (usually accompanied by a fistfull of wilted dandelions)

Okay, here is some of mine, with one from Cade:

Johnathan: I need to be noble, and I need you to be noble with me.

NPC Villain: Who are you, and what are you doing here?
Johnathan: My name is Johnathan Lancaster.
NPC Villain: Lancaster? Thank goodness you've come! The townsfolk are revolting!
Johnathan: I know... for I lead them.

Johnathan: I cannot help but feel that you betrayed me.
Piduccio: And I cannot help but feel that you failed me.

The adventurers walk onto the Velatti property ready to fight the Strega. Cade sees Becca in her Strega getup and says...
Cade: Wait, do we *have* to kill her? I mean, cant we just reform her or something?

Johnathan: Shikar, if you are going to steal tacquitos, steal from my plate: do not deprive this man of tacquitos.

"Cause minor wounds!" PC falls down.
"Cure minor wounds!" PC gets back up.
NPC is now out of spells.
PC points weapon at NPC and yells, "I... HATE... YOU!!!"

This is one of my earliest NERO memories. Definately over two years old. It is possibly the first decent role-playing I did, as opposed to going "Blaaaaaargh!!!" and berserking the PCs, and promptly getting creamed.

So I was playing a goblin. I named him Vark. His ever-so-important task was to go into the tavern and inquire as to the wherabouts of Zot and Bash. Vark enters and looks around for somebody to talk to. Lo and behold, what does Vark spy, but a biata selling fudge!
Now, two things you should know about goblins: They are easily sidetracked, and they love fudge.

V: "Oooooo! That look nummy! Vark have some?"
D: "Sure thing! Five copper."
V: "Aww, but me no have no copper."
D: "Then you no have no fudge either."
V: "Aw, man! Come on! I trade, then. Vark find lots-a neat stuff in woods!"
D: -sigh- "All right, what have you got?"
V: "Ummm... Well..." -digs through pockets- "Rock?"
D: "Uh, no."
V: "Stick?"
D: "NO!"
V: "Strange silver box?"
D: -blinks- "What?"
V: "Pinecone?"
D: "No, no! Back up. A silver what, now?"

I believe it was that same event when Rodger's kid asked me incessantly how to cast the special "D.F." spell. That joke was so not period. I almost feel ashamed of it now. Anyone have the slightest clue as to what I'm talking about?

Going back even further, to my very first NERO event ever! Would have been late 2002. The kobolds were demanding citizenship, which was apparently the joke of the century, as one player put it.
The 'bolds formed a line and marched forward, chanting "Sint-chip papers! Sint-chip papers!" Most found that hilarious, but I will always rember that as the joke I didn't get because of what a newb I was.

Back