Favorites for September guest event

DracoIam

Spellsword
I wanted to say thank you to everyone who came to this past event. Thank you to my Amazing guest Staff, your talents amaze me. Thank you to all the great NPCs new and old, your enthusiasm really helped us put on a quality event. Thank you to all the committee staff, Decor, and Tavern, with out your volunteering the game wouldn't go nearly so smooth. Thank you to Dave and his plot staff for allowing my team to take over and for trusting us to run a game. And of coarse thank you to all the PCs who came to play, young and old, it meant a lot to me that you had faith that a non-regular event would be worth while.

Questions for you;
What was your favorite Prop?
What was your favorite Mod?
What was your favorite Costume?
What was your favorite Make up job?

My Favorites;
-not being sure how many NPCs we had because I couldn't count them all we had so many
- When people came to Monster camp and asked for me, so cool
-Seeing the great make up jobs by all of the NPCs we had some great talent
- Giraffe, Teague you looked amazing, I'm glad we found an excuse for you to use them.
- Baboons "I wonder if they have colored butts?" All the NPCs present their bottoms in unison. Illanna Drops her weapon and sits down she's laughing so hard.
- Goomba Fruit, What is it? yummy
- Elemental cream, someone figured out what the best element would be, Ice!
- The fact that most all the mods I ran involved food as the loot.
- Aezor's bolder
- Dueling with Keledry, her cheating with having her PA on and Aezor coming to the rescue. That was the only duel Fia did
-Teaching new NPCs to fight by setting them up with duels Friday night.
- Having to correct people that I wasn't named "Not My Fault" but Acting Shaman Fia
- The Fact that we could run 5 mods at once.
- The great props that our talented community made
- How smart the PCs handled the Bestie Fight, you tooled him down fast, you payed attention and communicated. Nice job.
- The reaction to the Cimeric's entrance
- "well it isn't Andrea's handwriting so it's not a miss spelling" in regards to "Eagle Cries Rice"

My favorite was enjoying all the tavern guests! I was trying to come up with plan B for when the local grassland folks almost started a brawl!

On a personal note, thank you to all who helped in the kitchen( my two Emmas and Esten- E cubed! ) It really takes some of the stress off of me! Thank you to all the hands that emptied my minivan in record time! I was only ten minutes late to the school function and no one noticed me slip in!

Thanks Dave and the normal plot team for letting us borrow your chapter. I hope you had fun! Also thanks to Duncan, Jeremy and Teague, as well as all our new NPCs. All of your, new and old, had great energy and looked great every time you went out! I hope we see you all again next time.

Also, special thanks to:
Amy, Esten and their helpers for amazing food
Josh Clark for the lion head mace
Esten for the super cool GPS glowy light ball thingy

--The Sarr plus Ragnarok going into the arena alone while everyone else was busy getting robbed on the snipe hunt, then Urt arriving with ten more guys for the last five minutes. Just in time! ;)
--The whole "Table Cloth Face" spy/assassin incident and the ensuing RP
--Hearing all the PC theories about the Ogre prophecy throughout the event was fun.
--Bog Frogs with PCs carefully hauling water back to the vase in potion vials until Asher got tired of the whole process and used a leather pouch
--Alexander's insanely loud "wake-up" ibixian (goat man)
--"Copy the drawing" mod, with Talitha getting the owl and little guy hieroglyphs exactly right the first time (I had to practice those ones a couple times when making the master sheet)
--Chimera fight!
--Termites... It finally happened
--Gnollcromancers with Kyle and Jeremy Saturday night, and Keladry promising we could have the lodge if we wait just one more day
--Jasper's hair advice
--Teague the giraffe!
--"Rice, my undead minions! Rice! Rice!" And all the facepalm-ing from PCs

I'm sure there are plenty I'm forgetting. Hope to see you all in October.

my best character was seeing squire jasper's hair and noting that halfway through the marketday it had changed color . best costume i think would be the black sarr with the wizard hat which was hard to regonize at first. the water fetching mod. was quite good and got a little funny near the when asher decided to use a pouch for carrying the water.
and that goat man that was showing up was both LOUD and strange at the same time. it was good to see everyone just having fun with the mods.

david raatz

Pretty fantastic weekend, there was so much going on and so many great folks to play with. Here are some of my highlights:

-Extended “blacksmithing” lesson with Auryn, Munlel, and Oriole

-When the pregnant ogre asks for Elemental Cream, you go get the elemental cream. Honestly I was expecting to have to find pickles too

-Giving Erick every battle magic scroll that I found. That guy just seems to love scrolls

-Ragnarok having to drink a potion to keep up with Baleon and the look on Asher’s face when he realized that Baeleon swings 10’s

-Figuring out the hieroglyphic cypher and being genuinely sad that Ilana didn’t get to help

-Discussing with Iganeous the possibilities of combining Methran and Dragonglass

-The look on Jamina’s face when she was explaining that you can never have enough shinies

-I think I may have almost had an actual conversation with Talitha

-Edwina and Endolynn dealing with the color clashing ogres “It was a “thing” we handled it”

-I still want to know about that other fellow Asher was talking about while casting rituals Saturday night

-Christina looking positively stunning in her new gear, and more importantly, so many smiles.

-Durl’s genuine remorse for what he did to Rahra, and Rahra’s slightly less genuine remorse for the trouble that she was in

-Carly and Kyle, so much plot, so many fabulous characters, and for me it all boils down to the two most adorable gnoll-cro-mancers that you ever did see. “She’s da necromancer”

-The stepping stones Merrow mod after a weekend of fighting and rolled ankles, simple yet quite challenging

-Duncan the voiceless artist was fantastic, it couldn’t be more clear that I had offended him

-Teague… dem stilts tho. Nicely done

-Professor Juniper’s meticulous note taking

-The look that Matt had on account of being able to play a slightly silly character. Less intense than Victor for sure, but you looked like you were having so much fun

-Resurrection story for Innoxious, good old soldier and death, one of my favorites and I though a little fitting for a researcher of necromancy

-That moment when the sarr fighters, in the confusion of the melee, start assassinating each other by accident

-taking a 20 minute nap during the sphinx fight on account of folks thinking that I had been enslaved

-I really did travel all this way to see no rhinos

-the sound and reaction from the collected players when the chimera was revealed

-Damon the lowest ogre in the chain of command

-Magic-Freakin’-Termites

-The gps orb, well done Sir Chef

-The moments staring down Rick as the Iron Paw felt a bit like a chess match, more mental calculation that actual fighting. Pretty fun, and super intense.

-There were so many moments where I saw real joy in player's expressions, more than I’ve seen at an event in a long time. It was amazing.

Great event overall. Let's keep the good will going, everyone post those favorite moments.

Thanks to everyone on all sides of the event for making it what it was. Too many folks to name but everybody played a part in making this event a lot of fun! This was my first time doing plot for an event and it was a blast. It was great just walking around or having a conversation with someone and hearing other people talking about stuff I had written and seeing peoples reactions to several of my bad jokes! Favorites in no particular order:

- Peoples reactions to various things we had kept secret. Ranging from Kyle as the Rakanoth (Beastie) and the glowing orb key to the three blind mice and the hippos.

- Fantastic makeup and armor for a lot of the stuff we sent out. A lot of post event soreness and bruising but totally worth it.

- Ogre duels!

- Playing Aezor the High Ogre Champion was mostly just playing Rick, it was a lot of fun.

- All of the theories on the prophecy. I was so happy that all of the "solutions" were discovered especially when the Colors Clash line took until Sunday Morning to make it into the solution list. Everyones creativity was amazing in trying to work out what it all meant.

- Playing the Iron Paws and just generally getting to be menacing. Riposting arrows out of Sarr spite for ranged weapons. Peoples reaction to a fully armored Sarr tearing free from binding.

- General feeling of satisfaction when each of us plot people would have a moment of panic that we should be running something and then realizing almost no one was in the tavern because the other plot folks were all running mods already!

- All of the mystery of the Eagle crying rice and the collective groan when the PC's realized what it was all about.

- "We're finally down to magic termites!" "...no"

- Durl touch casting to win a magical duel.

- "Does anyone have legerdemain?" "Um... no?" "Excellent!"

And so many more!

I have been putting off writing my favorites, because there were so many. I am not sure that I can even list them all!!

-- Freaking Jasper - it was exciting to have him (and all his glorious hair) there. Jasper's "Puzzle Cats" because "Sphinx" made him giggle so
-- Ogre fight challenges
-- Going over the prophecy during breakfast trying to spin off ideas
-- Hunter's Valley
-- Eagle crying "Rice!!"
-- Professor Juniper - we so needed her this event, she was instrumental in recording all the things, which kept us on track as to where we had been and where we needed yet to go
-- Watching the Ogre Shaman directing the making of the potion - which included Rah Rah's dirty sock :)
-- The Chimera fight
-- Being tricked and robbed by a Gaden Hunter
-- Going with Rags, Zen and Tal to capture said Hunter - all the bad things we did to him and Tal being upset with us, so she sent him on his way with funds to tide him over as we let him go
-- Fighting that awesome Sphinx fight - Asura was amazing in charge - Talitha with her terminates & vengeance - Trying to talk to the Sphinx in the building but being called back to the fight as they were lacking direction - Jasper starting to sound like Victor in helping to keep the troops organized and motivated - that darn Durl, if he keeps going out to be killed, let him resurrect, stop trying to save him - deciding that we needed to get Urt 'paste of stickiness' so that he wouldn't be able to drop and loose his weapons during battle - helping hold the line and protect Asura & parties backs while they charged the Sphinx
-- Last minute Sunday morning Mer Mod - trying to jump across 'stones' to get to the other side of the water. I have apparently no balance LOL :) But Bailleon made it, along with Urt & Oriole (?) and they got the job accomplished

Mostly I want to go back and do the whole weekend again, so that I can go on all the OTHER awesome mods that I missed this time around.

A HUGE HUGE Thank you to Ms. Amy for taking over the Tavern - at one point Saturday morning as several of us were going over the prophecy and debating things, I took note of Ms. Amy hard at work in the kitchen and thought 'that used to be me'. If I was still in the kitchen I would have once again missed all the important RP moments that I was able to enjoy.

Of course none of these awesome events would not have been possible without our Wonderful Guest Plot team!!! I can not say enough wonderful things about what a great job you all did!!!

What a blessing all the NPCs (new and old) were to help in pulling this off. The Plot team would not have been able to do such an amazing job, if it had not been for all of you coming to play with us. THANK YOU for giving us PCs a weekend to remember.

Thanks to Andrea and Esten for the pictures and videos - it was nice to see the Chimera fight from a different prospective.

I know I'll forget something but here it is:
- Chimera. Just... wow. Wow.

- Speaking of Chimeras I now have the head of one to hit you with.

-All the amazing props! The lion club, the color changing key, the crimson fang! Just to name a few.

-Asher certainly knows how to get rags back to the group. Honor dual!

-Epic save on Zen 10 seconds before dissipation.

-Asura specifically asking for Ragnarok on the beat squad for the Sphinx.

-Rahra! No! No don't do that.

-Gotta get the Gumma fruit!

-NPC baboons with red tabards on their buts. I lost myself laughing.

Too many more to name but those are the ones that come to mind.

Thanks to everyone that made this event what it was! There were bits and pieces of this game that I've had in mind for days, weeks, months, and even years, and it was so exciting to have them finally come to fruition. Some of my favorites, in no order:
  • Thanks so much to my fellow Guest Plotters for everything you contributed! I couldn't have dreamed of a better crew to run this event with. :)
  • The new NPCs absolutely rocked this event! Everyone did great costuming, makeup, RP, combat, and more, and I can't wait to see them come back! Special shout out to Ben for his great assortment of RP roles throughout the game!
  • I cannot praise Josh enough for his amazing work on the lion head mace. Simply incredible!
  • I cannot praise Esten enough for his amazing work on the GPS-powered glowing orb! SO cool!
  • Town unity was incredible this event. Everyone knew what was going on, everyone was included, and everyone worked together.
  • All the PC theories on the Ogre Prophecy throughout the event, especially regarding what on earth an eagle crying rice could be.
  • A SoMN first: 5 mods running at the same time!
  • Asura did a great job of serving as the leader and organizing the efforts against the Sphinxes.
  • The Drakanoth fight! It was so cool to see the Chimera costume idea come together, and I loved the PCs' reactions when Kyle came running onto the field.
  • Fighting Durl in the The Mirror Golem Trial. :p
  • "Everybody ready? Now remember: Always lift with your back, not your knees, and in an abrupt, jerking motion. Wouldn't want to hurt your knees!"
  • The Kill the Undead in Order mod. Once the PCs understood what needed doing, it was fun watching you come up with different rationalizations and working together to make them happen.
  • Teague's giraffe!
  • The Trial of Secrets. Enlightening to say the least.
  • Sure, it's patting myself on the back, but hey, I think Carly and I looked really snazzy as the Sphinxes.
  • "We're down to magic termites."
  • Last-minute Merrow stepping stones mod. "10 minutes? We'll be here all day!"
And so much more. Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing y'all again soon!

Back