Favorites from Inn Between Double Day (5/31, 6/1)

Mobius

Squire
Chicago Staff
Marshal
So many exquisite moments, it's hard to pinpoint them down to just a few, but I'll take a stab:
  • While approaching the Harpies, "Ladies, we don't need to do this. Just leave now and there won't be any trouble"; Lauren the Harpy, "Ladies? I don't see any ladies here! MAGIC-DOMINATE: Find me men!"
  • While wobbling on a ice-flow in the middle of a frigid lake surrounding by death-dealing tentacles: "Crap, where's Resete? Resete! Resete!"; "He got eaten by Cthulhu."; "Doesn't he know Gypsies give you gas?"
  • Aziraphael's power-slide into the tree while scrabbling to close the Fire-Ooze prison. I've never seen a Mystic so happy to get so dirty.
  • After Dramthin dropped a slay into Resete, "Hmm, I thought he was quicker on his feet, I figured he could dodge that." From behind me, "Dodge this: I grant you the Gift of Death! Activate Death! Activate Death!"
  • The entire fight with Gamut: I've never done so much backpedaling in my life. That and Lauren saying ad nauseam: "Yes, I got that Destruction. Again." I think we stuck eight or so on that poor crocodile.
  • I really enjoyed trying to navigate the Spider's Web maze with my eye's closed: "Where do I put my foot next?"; "Put your foot to the left-- No, you other foot, your right foot... No, your other right foot, on the other left side... Wait, no, wait your other foot--"
  • I really enjoyed the stories we told to Mist after the final battle; it was interesting to learn what each of us thought was important enough to feed a mythos fae.

There are far too many amusing moments to tell them all, suffice it to say, ¡I had a blast! Thank you Staff, NPCS, and PCs for a great weekend!

• Even though I had to res, having my Chaos taint screw with it, giving me amnesia and the lovely princess who assisted me hearing the conversation:
    - Sarah "Love 9"
    - Mandie "Resist"
    - Sarah "Greater Command Love 9"
    - Mandie "Resist"
    - Sarah "Greater Command Love 9 as if touch cast and accepted."
    - Mandie just had this blank stare of like, REALLY, REAALY?!?!?
  • Dramthin attacking the Panther Gheist that I was having an honorable duel with. Wait, that was annoying. ;)
  • The punny conversation on our way to fighting the Harpies. We were feeling cocky, though some had to be henpecked into the combat. Did get some nice scratch from it though.
  • Working with Aziraphael to finish the fire puzzle, figuring out which combination to use, and getting fried when we didn't.

There were a lot of great things, and this is only some of them. What about everyone else?

Back