Favorites from March 8th event.

Lurin

Duke
Thought I might as well start this post because I've been busting at the seams to share.

First the wonderfully helpful folks that got me out there and kept me warm (double points to Angel here for letting me share the heated blanket!) Ya'll have inadvertently trained me to show up with nothing but some fluffy rabbit ears and the cloak on my back!

Now onto specifics.

1.) Zimps...Just all things Zimps, from the pre-game 'You should stay with me, I totally won't eat you' letter, to your costuming (ZOMG Ears!) and your ongoing personal conflicts, it was great to see a player take a set-back so well and follow through in character, I'm tempted to follow you to your home chapter just to hang out again.
2.) Lanna - You get a call out too, for Hat related activities, I love my new Rabbit Warmer, conversations on spells and magic.
3.) Oh so many other met/seen people both new and old.
4.) Bad Guys with two-handers and no-defensive calls against disarms - It's always nice to have one of my favorite, and cheapest tricks, be able to be effective.
5.) Sunday Morning Brawling - It's never a good situation when the rabbit is the last one standing, but it's nice to quasi-save the day from time to time (mostly by tattling/finding help when playing the rabbit.
6.) Trading - Every chapter is different and it was great fun trying to navigate the town to hunt out those folks that could use my goods/where interested. Overall I did fairly well, but most of that was selling off an over stock of purifies.
7.) Scrolls - Since I got 2 brand new scroll orders from folks, I have inspiration for 2 new scroll reps, which are always good fun to come up with.
8.) Poor healers! Jehyu has never seen that before, out in the mid-west most healers are rolling in coins for purchasing curatives with.
9.) Interesting crafting options, I like the crafting widgets (enough to burn 20 gold for workshops to play with them)
10.) Dead Walk was interesting, but deadly for a Rabbit Artisan (Loved Zimps comment the first time when the guy near us ran off into the tavern and the Rabbit stayed by.)
11.) Warm weather Saturday - Thanks for turning the heat up for awhile!
12.) Bacon related threats, it was worth a shot at least?
13.) So many probing questions 'So...what do you DO rabbit?' (For those who don't know...the answer is 'not much')
14.) Playing scout - Thanks to the hunt for gleefully slaying anything I found that looked nasty.
15.) Random RP moments, from trying to figure out the nature of new celestial spells, to Kyle's Human confirming Jehyu's fears that Zimps death was entirely his fault for not tagging along.

After such a great time I'm going to try extremely hard to make it back out for another game someday soon!

I know nothing but pain. The sweet delicious pain of the LARP hangover.

--- Beatsmen. That is not a typo.
--- Working out the rust and kinks felt good. Thanks to everyone for the clean fights.
--- Orbital Drop Shock Troopers. Deepstriking for the win!
--- "If your friend keeps going behind me, I will kill him"
--- Kicking the door down to get the flames. That door held but not for long.
--- Elosdi eating. Being bloated always makes you Priority Target #1.
--- The diving life spell.
--- Emmm. Actual spelling. Party in the Paracels. We party hard and we party weird.
--- "Your logic and your unlogic confuse me. Either way, tomorrow you'll get healing."
--- Dancing with Grub. Then dancing with Sarr and Humans. "3 of you sneaky types? This is going to take a while"
--- Magic storms are fun.
--- Food. Always food.

I'm sure there's more, I'm just too exhausted to keep thinking. The short of it all is, I loved this event, Thank you PCs, Thank you NPCs, Thank you GB staff, thank you everyone. It was awesome and I can't wait to do it again =)

You guuuuyyyys. <3 <3 <3

-Finally rollin' V out felt REAL good and was such a welcome change from the olde squire. Got to be sneaky, deceitful, creepy, and a whole host of other things. The sheer number of friends who didn't recognize me behind that veil was amazing.
-My weird party of half-decent not-moneygrubbing mistwalkers (Aisling, Alor) and Scummy, Inferior McNotElves ("tiny tha'rune", "tiny ogerathi", and "adhacroi", respectively). Was not expecting this character to make acquaintances, nonetheless friends.
-Tim Curry. "That is a most interesting way to hold your hands, miss." "OH. OHHH."
-Specific interactions:
•Mich being my best frenemy. Ohhh, adhacroi. I don't know whether to eat you or kill myself for wanting to romance you juuuust a little bit.
•"Operation Mask", not being able to hold weapons, and "LET'S HUG THIS OUT" with Cole. My favorite little savage, uncivilized beast.
•Emily and Dave for being amazing in pretty much every respect. You were the first people to treat V like a person and it was VERY cool.
•Congraulations to Donna for finding the only thing that can make my character lose her temper. Proud of you. And... I'M NOT OLD!
-"It is meat. From a cow." Feeding people to other people, some of whom knew and didn't really mind.
-Whose laugh is scarier: V or Alor's? Which leads to my favorite quote, courtesy Cole: "well, YOU'RE creepy."
-TOM CALLED ME COUSIN!
-"Ahh, Mr. Reiklund. I have such plans for you." *flee!*
-Flying life spell.
-Doing that thing with the stuff! "You know that you are not immune to lightning like that, correct?" "Yes."
-Not actually partying hard and/or weird.
-Sniffing people. Often. All the time. And not having them notice me. So much awkward sniffing.
-The Curious Case of the Fire Elemental Lesbian in the Nighttime.
-Castlebur demonstrating his inability to hold two-handed weapons.
-GUESS WHO IS HOSTING OUR IN GAME POTLUCK? Shadows of Geistbadden 2: Sweeney Todd edition.

There's so much more. So happy with the event.

Really good time. Just nice to be new again

- Swinging two's like a boss. When your best battle tactic is " i shall block everything"
- Not being recognized. Nice for that fresh interaction
- Being a **** IG. putting dirty misttravelling opportunists in their place
- snickering as everyone read a blurb about the rothedran and focussed on one name and sentence. freaking out n someone when they said Reiklund was part of cneaus.
- Occational angry tirades..
- love my mask. it hides the feels
- unexpected human noble hos not a **** totally derailing my plans. very effing cool private rp Tim. That was really awesome and i am amazingly sorry I had to leave the event early.
- bing super ineffective everywhere. lest i took a few hits hehe
- deadwalk shennigans.. Ok.. Misfits.. or at least grub and mayhem.. i dig..
- GRUB BEING CLUTCH. we took the dirty necromancer scum to the guard barraks and bam bad *** undead.. Mayhems outta arrows. i only swing normal.. brandor got drained.. and grub kicks its ***. very very awesome Amanda. you style is strong
- the food and food staff. Thanks for letting reiklund hide when he ate and for always having yums available.
- interacting with the hunt. Once Reiklund realized your function and saw the selfless tasks he no longer wished to poison your food.
- Fighting suzy. Suzy you are awesome when you pc or npc. yes i noticd the ounds you made and rping every detail of the game. you rock.
- NPCs in general. From exhausted looting of Damon while possuming to the horrible things Joe's poor hobling necromancer overheard...
- new interactions with old faces.

Ok so my expectations were turned on their ear by a few events and I have to step back and see how the character may change alitt.e the most fun part of this game in alot of ways is character development and his weekend was full of it.

Thank you everyone.

Rich you did a great job. now sleep.

Kyle/ Reiklund

What a fun and dynamic event. Hats off to Rich for putting on a great, entertaining show and most of all, absolutely foremost, thanks to all the NPCs who kicked their own asses running around letting us hit them while seriously putting us through our paces. I'm pretty sure everybody on both sides of the fence are hella exhausted after that.

Favor-flaves:
- "Shun all non-ogre." "Oh, f*** you."
- "You are the target of a whisp-" "NOOOOOOOOOOO AAAHHHH"
- "Get at me tower!" Derpin' with Castlebur, Kiba, and Kashang.
- Guy on a howlbear~
- Wee puppies! Way to make the deathly ogreathi joypuke.
- Getting so totally whooped by a big foreign ogre, but also learning about foreign ogre culture. And the fact that orgoth don't exist there. :(
- Little Beheir/Bear, V, Alor, Aishling, Kamryn. What an entertaining group, and oh, how oblivious Zara is to so many terrible things.
- "So where is this brazier?" "Uhh .. right there. If not, it is now."
- Chulainn, the first outsider Zara now trusts.
- Thank you food staff! Big ups. <3

Top notch weekend, guys. A coldie but a goodie. And now I seriously need to practice my boffer fighting, because ouch, my dignity.

Holy jeez, so glad I braved the cold for this one. So many moments of win! In a total stream of consciousness...

Cabin shenanigans all weekend. Em, David, Cole, Scotty, Kris, Collin, Toddo and Lana... I didn't pre-reg with a group but damn I hit the cabin lottery. Rolling with you all was so much fun.

Amazing roleplay with my fellow Barran PCs. It was hilarious loving/hating you all. Even odder that somehow we all wound up being the ones to carry and guard the flames. Funny that. Thank you plot for building in some amazing racial dynamics.

A special nod to Kris Kitts for not only amazing costume and individual RP, but the ridiculously amazing bipolar roleplay between V and Kamryn. "It's steak... from a cow." Also for the thing... with the stuff. Good times.

Plucking Erica's nerves as Baelfire. I HAD to do it as a character who wouldn't give a crap. LOL

Girl power mod of win and sadness. We rocked the combat, but damn, tugging on the heartstrings of the estrogen posse just wasn't nice.

Will K thinking I had managed to soak a 70 and the resulting round of applause. Thanks man... no really. That was kinda awesome. :)

Running through the woods with Aishilng and havine Bael tell us later "I am never following you two again." LOL What did you THINK was going to happen? ;)

Learning to read with Shya. This is the first character I've come into game with that couldn't read out of the gate, and I wondered how long it would take somebody to convince her that it was worth the effort. But damn... "wait, this one makes a "kuh" sound sometimes, and an "sss" sound other times.. but this one is "Kuh" all the time and this one is an "sss" all the time? Then what on earth do I need this wishy-washy one for???" I have a new appreciation OOG for people learning English as a second language... and for those who teach it. Oh, and special thanks to Kiba for noticing that I had copied Shya's left handed writing style - despite not being left-handed myself. That would have been painful to have to keep up.

Kick *** costuming on the beast men. Woot!

Finding out exactly what the beast men were. Decision made.

Explaining how to display proper deference to nobles in Islan Tel Nava (gods... SO weird for it to be coming out of this character) and correcting that we do NOT faceplant like those morons in the Empire LOL.

Being so mean to poor Zimps (I promise you, I'm not really that big of a b**** out of game).

Literally having plot smack me in the face... and not being able to do a damn thing with it because Kamryn can't read yet. LOL. "Here, Shya... more funny squiggles."

Beastmen getting me to run out of my cabin in my skivvies both mornings. Just for that, those $%#&'s have to die.

Massaging refits FTW! That armor rig is badass, but after walking around in it for two days my lower back and shoulders very much appreciated it.

Literally dodging boulders rolling downhill with Tim as the Baron.

Plot's willingness to roll with PC insanity and rewrite the weekend like 5 times because of it. Been there, done that, and I know just how hard it can be. Sincerely and truly, thank you.

Ezri said:
Explaining how to display proper deference to nobles in Islan Tel Nava (gods... SO weird for it to be coming out of this character) and correcting that we do NOT faceplant like those morons in the Empire LOL.

Ruuuuuude.

A very good weekend! Great job Rich!

It was good to see a lot of friends from times gone past (saying "old friends" gets to be too much).

The beasts all weekend was fun. The Dead Walk is an interesting concept. The site is very conducive to playing...

Rolling up the hill, on the way to town, with 2 other pole arms. Made quick work of the beasts.
Playing dead after a wave of Howlbears, and cure lighting Suzie's NPC and saying "Don't move".
Getting crushed by 50 slay and 50 slay, laying down, getting healed by Ducky. Ducky taking the next 50, and dropping. Me healing him. Both playing possum for a bit...
Looking up at the incredible night sky. Saying in my best Kashang voice, " there are so many stars, I think I can count like 5 or 6 of them".
Getting hit with the "Cure Light" lantern by Castlebur, and saying "OUCH, haha, just kidding".

Thanks a lot to all the NPC's!

Very good weekend, very sad I had to leave due to work and couldnt see the conclusion to the weekend

--Jehyu skittishness and curioucity. I love playing with other kin especially someone who goes and really plays the animal in percision
--Zimps taking time to think things out and have self conflicts before making decisions
--Meeting new faces and old and taking her first real steps outside her comforts of kinship. Her mind being challenged by Reiklund and Zimps standing for what is right and wrong properly
--Hanging out ig and oog with Elowyn. Always awesome
--Rolling with Gabriel, saving Gabriel, Gabriel helping Zimps.
--Just overall getting to pc with people i usually dont see often and people i usually see in NPC camp.
--my awesome rp moment with Amy
--carrying the stone and doing it so comically so it succeeded

some quotes:
"well im sorry, you now have responsibilities!"

"i dont know, man, this rock makes me feel SO good"

Me: yeah but im four
Balls: but you have the mentality of a two year old
Me: -sad face- ill just leave now...

"the rocks had necromancy!? EW i touched it!"

"you should take off your bell, it will make you better at sneaking around and be stealthy"
"doesnt matter if your stealthy if youre dead"

im sure there is more. it was a good weekend. everything went a lot better than expected and everything fell into place for my character. thank you everyone :3

Thank you NPCs! You guys were awesome!

-Larien.....Oh man I knew it was coming but it didn't make it any easier for Lanna..... :oops:
-Jehyu was alot of fun. Glad that Lanna and him could get some RP time in.
-Shin! OMG you're protectiveness over Lanna made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. No idea where it came from but it was nice to know that a sneaky rouge was only around the corner watching my back almost every moment! Too bad we all ran out on you not realizing you were down. That kinda sucked....Sorry about that!
-Character development. Lanna was not herself this event. I'm not sure why or how but she was deffinitly kinda solitary. I'm still confused on why it happened.
-Warm days!!! I actually got a bit of sun burn.
-Heating blanket! Oh it saved my butt.
-Cabin banter. I love the group that was in the cabin. The picking on eachother and jokes that flew through there was halarious.
-'New' Mod room. I like having the upstairs as a mod room. It made better use of the main building. Not to mention it had some protection from the wind. Not much....but some....

Gettysburg I had a blast as usual. Can't wait till next event to see what wonderful things you have instore for us.

Angel

Such a fun event being able to get back into Alliance after such a long off season. Being able to see friends and make new ones was great.

"Get at me tower" Oh late night shenanigans with fun people.

Being able to swing 10's on undead that's fantastic.

The Cure Light high five lantern.

"You are the target of a whispering wind ritual. Do you accept?"

Sorry Vox but I make it my mission to break the stone elf at least once

The cabin crew was absolutely fantastic. Picture will be up soon enough

I'm sure there is more but they are slipping my mind.

Misfits Mistfits and umm Misfits.

Varda trash stone elf!

Blacksmith alley adventures. J and the lantern for the win on tha mod.

Paste of stickiness on the front step during dead walk. - cackeling corpse comes to the door laughing. Places foot on step "hold!" Me "paste of stickiness" corpse looking surpised and dejected. "Layon!" Me to a now silent cackling corpse " whos laughing now!"

The Misfits Lounge.

Yeah it was a good event.

1: First and foremost, I want to thank everyone's fantastic attitude, patience and goodwill of all the players. It was greatly appreciated and I am very impressed!
2: How well the people behind the desks taught me what I needed to know. Good education from both NPC camp and PC camp. Again, I thank you for your patience and kindness here guys!
3: I LOVED getting into the heads of the monsters and NPCs. Deciding what kinds of tactics I was going to use and even how I fought based off of who/what I was wearing was amazing.
4: The brawl on Sunday morning , starting with me and Rob rounding the corner on 4 unsuspecting PCs. Then me and the group of beastmen just mauling half the town. I was so excited to fight Jebus as he slowly strode up the hill, alone, to fight ten beastmen with a rabbit.
5: Loved running into the Hunt every time I rounded the corner. You dudes are everywhere. Any you stabbed me. A lot.
6: Monster Camp. It was... Monster Camp. Yes. I made some awesome friends that I hope I see again soon. I'm bugging the **** out of everyone on facebook already.
7: Great food, great service. Awesome cooks! Thanks to all the cooks who stayed after and worked their nards off!
8: The quality of the garb! HOLY CRAP GUYS. EVERYONE LOOKS SO AMAZING.
9: Deep RP aspects without being creepy or too cheesy. Everyone stayed in character for the most part and made their characters interesting. I'm excited for more of that on the PC side.
10: Getting to be the burly mobs every now and then was SO AWESOME. Marching around as an undead in a breast plate was just bliss.
11: Working hard and having fun for 31 hours out of the weekend was awesome. My legs are STILL sore! Feels good to put my all into it.

Thanks again for the awesome weekend and thanks for everyone who works so hard to make this stuff happen! It was an amazingly fulfilling weekend and I'm still amped up about it all.

See everyone soon!

#1 proudest moment (ever): Dominating a bunch of NPCs and FINALLY validating my gaseous existence. I got to own some face by proxy.
#2: Getting to shock the hell out of everyone by having infinite cure light wounds. It was fun not telling people how I could do it ;)
#3: Rolling with the Misfits and the Balls. Who hates politics? I do. That's why I'm from the Anarchy. Both teams are awesome!

Thank you NPCs, we couldn't do it without you guys.
Thank you plot. You write a sick game and I love playing it.

Back