Favorites from May event

Another:

I have listened to Mike Engler tell me the story of joining the Bear Tribe as Telokh twice now as two different characters. Both times I was highly engaged in the story and captivated by the way he tells it. That says something about Mike's roleplaying skills. Not much really needs to be said though, he's incredibly talented and has really amazing characters that are all worth getting to know!

I am really looking forward to the chance to meet some of his characters I have not had the privilege to meet yet, most notably MaDcap!

Tetsu said:
I am really looking forward to the chance to meet some of his characters I have not had the privilege to meet yet, most notably MaDcap!

Maybe at the Solo Tourney this year. Still deciding. ;)

My favorites:

-Introducing my oldest friend, Joe, to LARPING and going out with him as random damage and fishbowls.

-Roleplaying as Ozmo the Great with Joe as my M.C., Maria and Kevin, with Justin, as well as trying to cure the hunger of the Black Forest guys.

-Playing Clifford the young boy bullied by his big brother Linderman, played by Spare...I always have fun roleplaying a scenario with Spare Higgins!

-Getting to give a pre-battle speech as Victor Reidic, "...for my rage is such that the earth will tremble and chasms will open to swallow your people, that the stars will weep fire and fall to the ground to burn your lands...in the blight of your crops shall my rage be felt!"

my favorites:

Role-playing with J Cog. Flint is such a cutie and my MWE just loves making him blush and stumble over his words.

I would first like to apologize to the NPC's as i list this one...Sorry for hitting you guys in the face with arrow packets. - "17 normal *packet hits smack between the eyes* uhm...you don't have to take that...sorry"

I liked playing my new char during the "moral conundrum" that plot set before the PCs.

True-silver relay race...with a very nicely twisted ankle, i still was able to run fast (yay adrenaline)

Chats with Shya and talking about age and lessons learned.

I had a very nice time with the various RP opportunities throughout the weekend. Thank you fellow PC's.

NPC's thank you for your dedication to entertaining us, come rain, shine, cold nights, or mud puddles ;)

Thank you plot and staff for running our game and giving us a venue to be all that we can't be.

Okay, here are some of my favorites……

Getting rolled. Some of the things that some people didn’t like, I personally loved. For example, I love it when the town gets rolled by the bad guys. Otherwise there is no fear which is boring. So believe it or not, I really enjoyed getting Deathed 8 times on Friday night!

The moral dilemma plotline regarding the genocide of the Dominion. One thing that will probably never change is that when you are a noble, you will never get everyone to like or respect your decisions. When we released the Dominion, everyone was all upset. So now that we have destroyed them, everyone is all upset. You can’t win! :)

The whole Dominion plotline. It was awesome from the beginning, awesome in the middle (Ivan’s kidnapping) and the ending with the last field battle on Sunday afternoon was perfect. The hidden circle was a great trick. I just stood there in shock, staring at Tab as he taunted me from behind the circle. Also, the revelation regarding Duke Frost was very surprising to Ivan.

The power of the land-bond. That was a great moment for Ivan and I almost missed it! After going OOG to get the food for dinner, I wasn’t sure what to do when I got back IG. Finally, Jesse yells at me that I am compelled to find the Duke and off I go, completely unaware of what was going to happen. Next thing you know, hundreds of undead turn to dust. Nice.

Quallen. I think I could just role-play with Henry for an entire event and not be bored.

Amaranthus. A deep and complicated character, Amaranthus is always fun to interact with, whether fighting side-by-side with him or discussing the moral dilemma of genocide.

Garathon von Storm. This character has really matured and has started to show himself to be the leader I know he is.

Being rescued by Joaquinn. I wasn’t sure we could save Amaranthus, but I knew Joaquinn would somehow save me. I didn’t know how, but I figured he’d think of something. And, being the world’s greatest adventurer, he did. He better stop it though cuz now I’m feeling like he’ll save me no matter what I do.

Khorwyn and his princess tiara. Always fun. He can take a joke and give it out, too.

Nathan Westwind. I am so thrilled to see what he is doing with the Mage’s Guild and I especially loved sitting in on his private conversation with Zatarina as they compared guild policies.

Sir Eros. We had some great conversations this event about a wide variety of things. Sir Eros is a deeper character than I think most people know.

Azura and the MWE Ladies! It’s great to have them back!

Elrick and Arielle. New players of this caliber are hard to find. Welcome to Alliance. We hope you stay a long time!

The Black Forest. These guys rock. They saved my *** at least 5 times this event and I still don’t know why! Without giving too much away, they had me all alone in the darkness of night way away from the tavern and well, let’s just say I didn’t rez! They might not like their IG “reputation,” but I love it. I wish we had more characters who are not clearly so goody-goody (um, like Ivan).

Flint. Gawd, what an awesome character. His impromptu drinking song was amazing. And his lust for life is unmatched.

NPCs and Plot! Thank you to Tab (awesomeness defined), Michelle, Ali (every character she plays is distinct), Todd (I love Duke Broomis!), Collin and everyone else. Thank you!!!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

IvanDrake said:
Okay, here are some of my favorites……

The Black Forest. These guys rock. They saved my *** at least 5 times this event and I still don’t know why! Without giving too much away, they had me all alone in the darkness of night way away from the tavern and well, let’s just say I didn’t rez! They might not like their IG “reputation,” but I love it. I wish we had more characters who are not clearly so goody-goody (um, like Ivan).
--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Dude you are ruining it for us. Don't tell them that we actuauly help people ;) NP Eric. I guess it was a right place at the right time thing. We actuauly would of ran up sooner but those bushes look like people holding weapons.

My favorit event so far:

EPIC FAILER AND CIRCUS ACTROBATICS- Facing off solo against 2 trolls (either one was strong enough to destroy me), and slipping down and getting wedged between a curved tree and the dirt. Then after getting pulled out a bruised muscle failed me then spammed, which threw me 1/2 way across the river where my shoulder collided with the log bridge. You would think that I would just fall in the stream at that point but no, some how I flipped over the log bridge and went into the stream head first then looked up at my feet, pointed at them and thought that’s the surface. When I righted myself and coughed out the water in my lungs Tim asked if I was OK and I replied yes yes precede and laugh.

PURE DUMB LUCK - Going out on what everyone knew was a trap. Others in the group asking Amaranths to back us up after the trap was sprung on us, 2 party members dead 2 bleeding out, and me and my brother confined Amaranths still hacking away at the two and manages to take down the caster right before falling himself. As with the caster falling the confine falls as well and off I ran just to hear 2 seconds later “Stop get back here and heal your friends. Pretty sure my brother could tie up the swordsman long enough if he decided to attack for me to get within reasonable yelling distance of the town my brother broke out his bracer of potions (one side all healing one side I stocked with battle potions starting with a purify to get rid of what ails you then a Enslavement antidote cause we were fighting dominion and I felt that was the second best battle potion to carry) after healing the whole party and the swordsman healing the caster the exact same thing happened everyone went down on my side while screaming for help from town and me confined and the caster down on there side (I forgot the confine went down when the caster did) as the town came to our aid the swordsman started to try to heal the caster from my brothers brace but pulled from the wrong side first the purify then the enslavement antidote then when neither worked pulled from the other side and cured him. Once cured (and now no longer enslaved) he started to cast and confine the swordsman. We all survived and everyone from town sorted it out and found out they were enslaved by the dominion the night before. Yay we win!

EPIC BODYGUARDING – dragging Lady Zaterina inside the towns circle that went up around the dominion circle that had the Duke trapped right before it went up so there was some healers in there so when the dominion circle fell he could be healed. When it went down Zat rapid fired a life spell and an awaken between the legs of the enemy who started throwing death spells at her. I jumped in front of the first death spell using up my spell shield then cast a cure mort on the Duke and jumped in front of another death spell aimed at Zat. While falling dead to the wet grass my body blocked a third death spell that would have hit her while she was still pumping cure morts into the Duke.

DEATH OF BALLS’ JOY – being tortured by the nobles with the hardest decisions my character ever had to make along with Lady Zat and her closest confidants, Just to find out we didn’t have a choice in the matter and then asked to back up the noble’s decision.

Khaadijah said:
Role-playing with J Cog.

Is that Justin's rapper name? "J-Cog's in the hizzouse!!!!!" ;)

What a crazy, challenging, and completely amazing event. It's been a long while since I've had just as much fun as an individual character as well as getting to contribute to such a huge plot arc. Here is my list, meager in length, but mighty in memories.

1. Danger. Right out the gate! How many of us blew threw most of our skills and spells on the very first night? Yet still, with our next study time so far off, we kept on fighting. It was wonderful to not see any of the adventurers back down, and feeling like I HAD to do something to keep others alive, rather than relying upon the heavy hitters to clean house. I must have been hit with at least a dozen death spells, took a killing blow (thanks Tab!), and nearly rezzed twice.
2. Fear. That's what I actually felt when I found myself standing one one side of three fallen comrades, and facing half a dozen Dominion soldiers on the other, as the rain began to soak everything and wetly pelt home the seemingly suicidal effort we made to storm the Ducal Barracks.
3. Adrenaline. When finally storming through the Barracks, thinking all hope is lost, with nearly no bearing, health, or protectives, and suddenly catching sight of the Duke laying waste to our foes, saving our dwindling force, and rallying us further into combat.
4. Stealth. A thousand thank you's and props to Collin for writing an incredible solo ninja/ranger/holy crap forest mod, and for giving me the opportunity to play it. I look forward to trying to ace the next one.
5. Characters. I was very impressed by the level of role-playing that occurred this weekend. We all drop in and out of character at times, but I think the presence of the awesome newbies really kicked some of us into a higher gear, and improved the authenticity of the experience. Did I mention the newbies were awesome? And I can't forget Michelle. Role-playing with her as Regent Dame Sonia at least half a dozen times was incredible, and totally fulfilling for Khorwyn.
6. Logistics. I'm glad to be able to help when I can, but I have to give serious commendations to Robb for all he has done ahead of time to make things as efficient as possible for everyone.
7. Espionage. Being trusted to roll with some of the biggest and baddest heroes in town on one of the most secret and important quests of the weekend was truly an honor. I wish I could say more!
8. Rescue. Finally getting to find and help save Sir Bryce! Here's hoping for the return of late night, "Gloves Off" missions.
9. Garathon. Trusting him to lead us, even into certain peril, was very exciting, and I imagine quite the optimistic omen of his eventual knighthood.
10. Because no one stops at 9. :D

I had a wonderful event, but I don't remember many specifics. I was in a blur of obsession with destroying the Dominion. so, here goes:

Destroying the Dominion. Hated those guys IG, loved the villian design OOG. The perfect villain you love to hate. Thanks to all who designed them and kept true to that design.

EPIC MONSOON! Ok, so I was still in wet short sleeves at midnight, but it was so cinematic. Especially since we were getting creamed. The storm just felt so appropriate.

2 hour wave battle hook with the ducal soldier- doing all that interaction with him after he rezzed that tied to the plot in like 4 places, only to have him come to the barracks battle with us... lending him my weapon and finding out he swung 8's- boy, was THAT the right call! We were down most of our big fighters!

Always Coggin- the King of Compliments. He's like a walking pile of self-esteem.

Having the babies conversation with Rorii- that wasn't roleplay, I really WAS too nervous to form complete sentences. That's going to be great roleplay with my friends and team.

Webbing a Dominion caster. "My work here is done."

Counseling other characters (and actually having it help)- an often overlooked part of the healers job. Counseling Zaterina- she ranted; I said one sentence, and her face completely changed. She just said "I knew I talked to the right person."

Music with the Ash Forest- I love my team.

That's just a few- everything else was just a constant flow of awesome.

-Sheila

- Moral conundrum. If it wasn't made obvious by the two years I spent as an active page, I play this game for the roleplay. I play for decisions and catch 22s like the one presented on Saturday night. The three hour debate between Amaranthus, Telokh, myself, and later Duke Broomis, was absolutely epic. Unfortunately, it took place at 2 in the morning, and I wasn't exactly on my debate team A-game. Anyone who has ever had to listen to me ramble on the car ride to or from an event knows how much I love debating philosophy. I may not be particularly good at it, but I love it nontheless. Mike and Bill are awesome roleplayers, who really made me and my character think. When Broomis joined in, he added a compassionate side of the argument that I had been lacking that changed the playing field. Anyhoo, it was an awesome bit of roleplay. Thanks, guys!

- Performing my first non-plot-related ritual! I will definitely drop more build into this skill from now on. Thank you Sparticous for giving Ren the opprotunity, and Joaquinn for helping.

- Alright, so all the nobles were sitting around Saturday morning, and I was bothering them for information about what the heck was going on. Then Dame Keegan, in her scottish accented glory, started talking about the transportation devices. It was all I could do not the collapse on the floor in Trekkie delirium. I don't know if this counts as an event favorite, but oh well.

- The Homestone Battle. After all the IG debate, the battle for the Starkenstein homestone was amazing. It felt like the world and all our souls were held in the balance - and they were. The adrenaline rush was so real. And of course, I do love hearing the screams of an entire agonized civilization in my head.

- All things Telokh the Barbarian. At long last, Ren found out about his son! That was an... interesting reveal. I am really excited to see where this goes. (Quick, someone make him grow up really fast! Telokh Jr. needs to come IG!)

- All things Amaranthus. Great character, great roleplay.

- Roleplay with T'Noah! As soon as I saw the purple and black feathers I thought, Hm... I think I'm going to like this one. Serious, but never boring, thanks for the great roleplay. The talk during the denoument was awesome. Thanks for listening to my rambling.

- Newbies! It was great to see so many new faces at this event. I hope you guys had a good time, and I hope to see you soon!

- Clifford and Lieberman. I had to work very hard not to crack up hysterically. It was a priceless moment when Clifford attacked his brother at the end. Patrick's performances are always memorable.

My own faves in no order:

Sparring with Rori...and attracting a crowd. I love a decent spar when I can teach a few things and learn a few things and have everyone enjoy the whole affair. The fact that we seemed to draw spectators was also kinda neat.

Fighting with Ash Forest. Now that was a line fight. Great coordination within in the group and between groups

Magic Storm fighting. I will not move my feet!!! (But I will draw my sword and fight you)

Friday night...minutes after I begin to crawl into bed and hearing the monsters outside my tent going "its gotta ward". Yep...its why I be celestial!!

Looking at Black Forest in the Wave battle and knowing I was "with them" on a nod.

It has been a while...It was good to get back. I'll see you again soon.

js

Oh man guys.. I love it more and more. NPCing rawks but I can't wait to PC. But here are my little highlights of the event.

I don't remember everyone's name and probably never will.

I personally loved going out as an undead. It was my first tiem and it was great. "You look so pretty.. you still have skin!"

If that wasn't funny enough I got to be a soldier messed up by the dminian and well.. do as a feebleminded would and walk in circles. "Is she sick?" ~cough~ "She's sick!" Almost got left there, but of course the healers fuild didn't do that..thankfully!

Each wave battle was great even if I didn't get to play in the one in the rain [I had a hole in my foot...it's still there!!!] But like almost everyone else.. I got wet in the ran.. and man.. that thunder and lightening was the free secial affects!

But the best of all was the last wave battle! I actually got to cut the rope.. and I KILLED 4 people in one life. I was amazed.. it just means I am getting better and it's thanks to all of you. I don't think I will be using a sword for a very long time.. but I do know I know how to use one!

Ren Suzume said:
- Alright, so all the nobles were sitting around Saturday morning, and I was bothering them for information about what the heck was going on. Then Dame Keegan, in her scottish accented glory, started talking about the transportation devices. It was all I could do not the collapse on the floor in Trekkie delirium. I don't know if this counts as an event favorite, but oh well.
Trekkie? That was pure Stargate!!!
Ren Suzume said:
- All things Telokh the Barbarian. At long last, Ren found out about his son! That was an... interesting reveal. I am really excited to see where this goes. (Quick, someone make him grow up really fast! Telokh Jr. needs to come IG!)

It had been a long enough wait indeed. I didn't play him at all last fall due to him ingratiating himself witht the tribe. Then there was that pesky off-season. At leat it gave me time to get him some fur.

More favs:

Fish bowls:

The gypsy healer charlatan. Natalia found it quite refreshing to see a brother practicing some “old arts”. Highly entertaining.

The “lovely ladies” hitting on Rorii. I’ve seen arcane fears use up his resists, but watching roleplay do it was hilarious. At one point he just turned his head to us, his so-called friends, and mouthed “Help me.” I, of course, refused to help him for two reasons. One, it was too funny. Two, I have no sympathy for him. He could quite simply have said “I’m sorry, I’m already courting someone right now, and am not interested in seeing someone else.” But no, I’m not a good enough excuse for you, so suck it, dear. Eventually Flint helped him out- we still owe you a few drinks for that one.

Oh dear...Where to start?

Ok #1) Why the heck cant I play ANY OTHER CHAR. without sliping into Wynter's accent??!?!?!?!?

Ball's epic head-first dive into the river. I love you hunnie.

My first biata rp experiance being when the Stone shattered. If it weren't for Jeremy holding me up, I deff. would have cracked my head into the floor.

Seeing my newbi friend Danielle finally let go of her shell and r4eally enjoy where we were and what we were doing.

This is totaly OOG, but as I was falling asleep Sat. night, all I could here was the "Hunt's battle cry" and Flint's dwarven song. Talk about midnight giggles. Poor Danielle didn't sleep a wink. Sory hun!!!

Getting into the politics of the Stone-Shattering, and weather or not to get involved. My last name isn't Merik for nothing! ^_^

Forming my own little "babby" group. Elric and Ariell, you guys rock, together with Vincent, Anna and I, we had a very well-formed lowbi team that managed to stay up all but once. (damned rez)

Vincent rezing me. Holy cow I've never seen someone take it so personaly that I rezed. That was truly epic rp. Thak you!

THANK YOU NPC'S!!!!!!!!!! You guys were un-fathomably awsum. 'Specialy James and Angel with the late-sat-night mini wave for us lowbi's. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

I'm sure I'm forgetting alot, but I'll get there at some point.

Laguna Hallik said:
Try a tusk race. You''ll not find yourself slipping back into gypsy.
Too true....Maybe the lowbi-event?

Back