Favorites from the opener!

Wilderkin Karaoke! enough said.

Infinite Arcane Fear!

Send the golem he can do this easily.

HORRIBLE DEATH!!!!!!!! Tim you rock.

Vampires in the tavern.

Squires in a wizard lock.

Taking Death spells all weekend.

Watching Ithica tool through his friends.

NO ONE CAN MOVE THE BLOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More to come I am tired and need some sleep!

Lets see in no particular order.

Sitting in the Healers guild conducting interviews for new members.

Going into the woods late at night with a map looking for hidden treasure with a great group of people.

Seeing some new faces and seeing how much they enjoyied the game.

Casting the Ritual of Woe and having people in the group trying to break Rowans concentration, but I didnt, then after having to leave because i was ready to explode.

Investing Ballz to the Healers Guild.

Finding Rit Comps hidden under rocks in the middle of no where.

Thats all for now still very tired and recovering from the weekend.

Drew

Well, since I'm not too shy to post here anymore, as a newbie I guess I'd say EVERYTHING, haha! But special highlights for me:

Going on the aforementioned late-night woodsy treasure hunt and, just as we were about to give up for the night, tripping up a muddy bank and finding the next clue with my face.

Is...that...a sentient cabbage attacking us, there?

Being smacked in the face by my "dear Minah" in the middle of town. It's okay, I deserved it! I was impertinent! ...;o;

Watching Coal perform more than one merry jig.

Sitting with Trel and doing some honest-to-God character-building RP (<3 Yay!)

Meeting so many of you wonderful folks!!

I absolutely can't wait to see you all next event! I'm afraid I'm scrapping Haestra (since Minah will be out of commission so many weekends this year! Busy little plot adjunct Amelia!), but just wait until you all meet Luka >:3

Love love love,
Maggie

I was rocking a Disney theme all weekend, so everything I saw ended up being viewed through "theme park" glasses.

Disney's Wind in the Willows meets Alliance -> There was never such a disturbing courtroom drama or greater evidence that Amelia can play every role that exists.

Alliance-style Haunted Mansion Ride -> Ghosts moving frighteningly close to PCs, without interaction... sorta. And the long wait for PCs to get ready turned 7-year old Trudy from the girl in Poltergeist (creepy but innocent) to the little kid from The Shining ("Redrum").

Were-bunny! -> Less Disney in this case and more Sailor Moon. Drak and Qualin made a hilarious ending: "You better trump up some necromancy charges against this guy or you are screwed."

Larien resurrecting the high-orc beet farmer thinking he was a warrior: "You are anxious to pick up your sword and re-join your companions in the fight against evil."

Moments later, horribly flustered as the Kermie, the farmer, fresh from resurrection, threw off the tie-die scarf covering his groin because it wasn't manly enough. This eventually led to wearing Ket's scarf as a loincloth and much hilarity about a cabbage eating him and his hoe (which both Ballz and Larien interpreted as "ho").

Qualin vs. General Riordan -> Two very intelligent people that didn't trust each other and the poor dwarven adventurer who got beat senseless to perform a bluff.

All things Stormblades -> They quite literally "won" a module. It takes moxie to use the execution of an ally as a means of furthering reputation less than 24 hours later.

Daniel Perez's knock out blow -> He gets an unlucky swing against me in a wave battle and smacks me in the face. He feels so guilty, he barely fights me after the lay-on, but ends up searching me. I mutter something about giving him nothing but coppers, then reach into my pocket and randomly pull out a gold piece. Poor guy was doubly abashed.

Raven on the rock -> Standing on one leg and failing to recite the code of chivalry: "Get off my rock!"

Duke to Ignatious, after knighting Aven -> "I want a Yes or No answer from you and that is it. When I ask Aven for a Yes or No answer, I am still getting the answer 15 minutes later."

Also, I want to thank all PCs who jumped fence and all NPCs who pushed through the weekend. The most NPCs we had for any wave battle was 14, which is rough against about 60 PCs, but they were all troopers and gave everything we asked for.

-MS

Going through a Mod, clearing out a room and then have the marshal go "Wow, that was like a SWAT Team" in terms of clear speed. All the folks that went on that mod were awesome and I cant wait to go out adventuring with them again.

Becoming a member of the Healers Guild, I dont think I've had harder job interviews in real life or busier first days. Ten minutes later I'm participating in someone elses interview and then that very night doing a ressurection and failing(it was only an NPC though :oops: )

Playing poker, and having fun at it. Granted the ending was anti climatic, but I did get an Earth Blade item out of it. Woohoo!

Overall great weekend. I'm sure I've got more stuff that I enjoyed immensely and it will come back to me overtime. This is just stuff that I can remember at this exact moment.

Heres some off the top of my head:

Getting to ramble on for hours to Sir Kendrick about the various battles and foes I have faced and am still facing, both in Icenia and in other lands.

Having various PC''s look at my uniform and either give me a look, or just ask "why". Giving them the speech that Icenia is not just Ashbury, and that some of us can do more for good outside of the Duchy.

Craig's reaction when I asked him to be my second in an honor combat if Darken permed. "If Eros faces me himslef can I coun't on the two time caster battle champ to face him?" didn't come to that, luckly.

Convo with Uthoc about joining Brittington's army, and what will happen if civil war breaks out.

Introducing the Stormblades to Sir Kendrick, and speeking on their behalf. Explaining that if it were not for them, Fairdale would have fallen, and the Dominon War would still be waging. Playing the politics game, oh yeah.

Diplomacy Mod. WTF. WTF. The most rediculous antics EVER, to a character to which rediculous antics are not really a good thing. "testifing" on the benifits of accepting their place in Icenian Law. Amar thought it was absurd, but Bill thought it was some of the funniest stuff ever. Cudo's to Collin as the chris walken raccoon kin defence lawer, heath as the snake kin prosecutor and amelia as the old owl kin judge. Me: "this is an illegal court, and you must stop this in the name of the Kingdom." Amelia: OOOOO REAALLLYYYYY?

Having empty pots to bring home. Glad it went over well.
--bill

Oh yeah how could I forget: jumping fence for 5 hours. I love npc-ing, and I always feel a little guilty when I PC that I am not in there. Quick draw entangle on Iggy while he was incanting a death spell. The walk of shame after he got cut out. Yes, beware the ghillie suit, beware the shambling men.

Fave moments

having my lil sis pc for the first time

Gettin pulled through a death hole by an atter-cob<-sp?. in a prizon holding on to raven who is now dead. being told that the fall would have killed me if not in a prizon . taking down the prizon lifeing raven and then re prizioning myself befor the checked me again. only to have the town go down the no death hole to save us and the look on the npc face as raven popped up .. like wtf he was dead.

All things kergani

DRAK AND CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE CAKES. and teasing npc with the yummy goodness

Drifa finding out that every one she was hanging around cast "the evil star magicks"

last wave battle me and my loud voice 13 NORMAL my sis shouting over my sholder in her tiny voice 13 normal lol

qualin learning that the way to get a keragani to give you food is to insult them.

playing poker while tring to get rit comps together it was the most distracting game ever and me placing 4th with only 3 chips

having them cast a rit of woe and everyone being amped to fight this big bag zilion year old vamp . only he never showed thus wasting the rit and somthing like 13 comps. then while watching ppl play jump rope in the taven 2 vamps come in and sit down . and talk to adventures. finaly noticing them. pc " are you a vampire?' npc "yes I am." then we proceed to kill them

being one of 2 ppl to use the stakes to kill the vamp gues the rit wasnt a waste for me

flints numerous jigs to taunt the undead to attack

non fave moment- being the reason oog why raven was late to the meeting beacuse bobby loves me so much he got up at 8 to drive us back to my house to get my glasses after my contacts got ruined fri night. leading to his ing and ogg embarasment .I love you bobby.

so much fun cant wait for the rest of the year

It's good to be back! I didn't realize how much I'd missed you guys and the game until I got back to it. I had a great time on both sides of the fence this weekend. I'm glad the new people enjoyed the game, and I feel like a successful Alliance pusher, even as I am doing through my own crash.

- Maggie's delightful period-appropriate cooking. For those of you who can't tell: this girl is insane. She was upset that she had to resort to using anachronistic aluminium foil to cook yams on the fire. She brought spices and energy drinks in little glass potion bottles with tiny corks, despite my insistance that none of us would mind terribly if she just brought a few powerbars and some soda. Thank you, Maggie, for the effort and its delicious products!

- Running the wererabbit mod. This was the first mod I ever wrote, back before I had ever actually played Alliance. I think it was before I'd even Paged. I was amazed, and quite horrified, when it was set to run this event. But I had a good time dressing Chad up like a bunny rabbit and chucking animated silverware at the players. Eric Stehle played the best manservant ever, as his hobling "Wigglesworth". It was all I could do to prevent myself from cracking up hyterically as I marshalled that encounter.

- Finally playing a biata! I've wanted to play one for ages, and bringing a new player into game let me justify taking the plunge. Discussions with the local biata made for some great roleplay. This character was fun to play, despite the awkwardness of being a froofy, vain, princess. Guys, I promise I'm not as much of a bitch as the characters I play! I promise!

- Law and Order: Wylderkin. This mod was in my top ten most fun Alliance experiences. "You see a weaselkin, a racoon kin, a snake kin, a dove kin, a boar kin, and an owl kin... in a wig." Collin is a brilliant roleplayer, no matter what he does, but his raccoon-kin, leather hat wearing, singing defence attorney was a work of genius. So difficult to keep a straight face. During the mod, everyone there rolled with whatever the others threw at them. And the craziness that went on while we were waiting for the mod to be hooked was more than the world at large would be able to handle. ("Some were born to sing the blu-ues!") Thank you, Toddo, for writing this and letting us get away with it.

- Roleplaying with everyone as Trudy and Mr. Thimble, the little clairevoyant (?) kid and the man who lived in her thumb. This is what happens when NPCs are waiting a long time for a mod to begin. Thanks to Evie, young Trudy's vocabulary has now been greatly expanded.

- The shouting and clashing of steel that echoed from the woods all weekend. It made the atmosphere that much more dangerous.

- The knighting of Aven and Ignatious! There were never two more deserving of those titles. Congratulations, guys!

- All things Healer's Guild. The coffee and fudge in the morning were heavenly, as was the roleplay with all of you wonderful folks. Getting grilled by a room full of suspicious people has never been more fun.

Oh dear, still tired and sore but so worth it! I have missed PCing so much over the past few years, I can't wait to get back into it! Some faves, in no particular order:

-The Wererabbit mod. Amelia, you are AMAZING. Wigglesworth the crazy hobling servant. "Annoying dwarf! You'll be a were-tsetse fly!" Mike you're awesome.
-Being the rarest and most prestigious conquest ever- the redheaded dwarf chick! :lol:
-All things Flint and Obadiah! Sean and Justin are just the most awesome ever. I get an overprotective cousin and a shy semi-suitor who everyone wants to set me up with.
-Speaking of which- Grimm! Kyle, RPing with you was just great, every moment of it. Can't wait to do it again!
-NPCs!! You guys were incredible. The 9 fulltime NPCs gave it their all the ENTIRE weekend, we love you!!! And PS, people, come to the dark side! We have cookies! I promise for next time!
-Wilderkin mod of EXTREME SILLY. Every NPC there was AMAZING and completely hysterical. "We have a dance party to celebrate Justice!" I thought I was going to DIE laughing.
-Iggy and Aven saving the day in the day in the Troll Meatgrinder. I swear, if only the original group had come, we ALL would have died. Splat. But still! "Horrible death!" Oh dear...
-Both the brand new PCs I chilled with. Cole and Haestra, you guys were great, I loved the RP that was going on. Plus- Jigs from one, and real on-the-fire cooking from the other? HOLY CRAP!! Can't wait to see you guys at the next event!

My brain won't come up with the other things I know were amazing and awesome-sauce. Everyone I talked to and fought with and ANYTHING- you rock!

I know I always forget stuff so Im gonna make this short and simple given I only have a little time to reply.

All and all it was great getting back into the alliance season, NPC'ing was both hard and very rewarding, Im stil beat and hurting and my face is red and dry from the constant face cake switching. It was all so so worth it. The new PC's/NPC's were great and I hope they all return in the future. I did my best to relearn all the rules and how to quickly do the math in my head to fairly count damage while providing a challenge for the PC's without failing and screwing up my immunities/thresholds and whatnot. All and all I give the entire weekend an A+

-The Wilderkin Court - Craziest, goofiest fun I could ever have NPCing while still developing a "Serious" mod to leave the PC's figuring out how to solve the puzzle "Correctly" Wilderkin are just way too much fun to play. "Im running out of funny!....Hurry up!" lol

-Everything Sir Garathon and his mod based off his backstory - My favorite NPC roles will always be the ones where I get to play a jerk of a bad guy to really get some blood boiling in game. It was so much fun creatively coming up with how Leru would conduct buisness with Garathon and his wife in a way that would really come off as a bad guy. In the end it worked and worked perfectly, I hope to be more involved in helping bring more characters backstories to the game in a way to make the game that much more fun for people.

-Shortstaffed for NPC's but DEFINETLY not short on the energy of some of us. We were determined to make the PC's sweat and provide a fun challenge for the weekend.

-Rob in the golem - Man that thing is tough - the best moment though was playing a spider with absolutely nothing that could effect him, but I was hitting him anyways cuz the spider just wouldnt know any better, What was fighting turned into a golem throwing limp arms at a spider without any effort to hit it.

-All and all it was just great to be able to see everyone again and I hope to again at least a few more times before my season is up for a little while. Thanks again everyone and those that make AllianceLARP possible

Mods, I love mods.. especially the one with the Bio-suits. I cannot wait to see where that goes!

'This is an unscaled mod. I am required to tell you this is an unscalled mod three times so this is an unscalled mod' then me thinking to myself.. 'Fck!'

RPing with the Stone Elf who was selling Bliss.. 'the pillow talk must be amazing'

Speaking of pillow talk.. Raavna meeting Grim = XD

Going off into the woods to use my scenting abilities. (thank you plot team! little things like that are very much appreciated!)

Watching Will Kinkaid (sp?) come and divide out loot like that deffinatly left somewhat of an awed impression on Raav.. something she is now aspiring to be able to do.

'Hey guys! thats not one of them, thats a Sarr! Thats a fucken Sarr!' Raavna <3's Ithica

Of course doing the night time tavern work with Ballz is always fun. :)

Charging at an NPC during a battle

My first gift of Death

All things Flint

Epic moments FTW!!!!

All in all this was the best time I've had playing since I started. I feel like the only thing I didnt mention was the time I spent sleeping, and yet I feel like there is more to mention. You guys were all awesome.

<3

P.S.
Feeling like a total priss after coming in from the 'rain' (more like drizzle) and asking Grim 'is my makeup OK' LOL!

"CRAP IN A HAT!" What an awesome time... ok hmm boatload of rando0m awesomeness to follow....

Draegka.. seriously.. I EVEN was telling people her stories.. thanks for teaching me parry..BY THROWING THINGS AT ME!

Reminding the forest elf that her race needs tracking " don't all elves track?" and she shot me with arrows.

Joining Blythedale and spending some rp time with the folks.

Forming up a "troubleshooting" team of lowbies and rolling with them.

Irongob.... oh yes... I will end you...

Ravna totally making grim speechless and then me going into "stone elf prostitute pillow talk"

Loken winning the poker game.

The were-bunny mod

Being the worst wingman ever. " flint you have a vow of celebacy? no? good cause i was thinking you and fera." and to turn around and see fera...then a punch from fera..

being as "smooth as sandpaper" with flint

Flint getting squired! booyah

The dwarf storyline It was so awesome to be brought into that thank you guys for letting me join you. who the hell knew papasmurf was a dwarf..

EVIE! this character cracks grim up.. and she ain't boring.

Qualin. He may be a snooty elf..who prolly has tracking and hugs trees and such.. but he hates undead and gave equal shares....even if i had to be bloodied vampire bait...

EVERY HEALER WHO HEALED OR LIFED ME!....I love you all..5 death counts in 10 minutes..that's how i roll. Thanks everyone

Getting to finally do a little rp with Andros.

Rolling with Gwen and even using her nifty uber two hander after the heart eater chomper her soul

Shiny mcawesome magic item...

Garathon for loaning me stuff for loots.

the fun side quests with the gnoll tails and gold by the river. sincerely this stuff was really refreshing and well done. it;s a great thing to give the lowbies stuff to do while other stuff is going on.

COLE!!! nuff said

um wow.. lots more.. brain drained...

1) After just being invested into the Healers earth ciracale and the biata council member calling a biata only meeting in the healers guild I aproch jumping in and out of the earth circal saying "I'm inside the circale. I'm outside the circale. I'm inside the circale. I'm outside the circale" then bein asked Balls your familar with many cultures mabe you can help why are gypsies so coulorful and loud. My final answer "because its a daily contes where he with the loudest bedroom wins!

2) Uthock - Balls you want to come be our healer
Balls - Ya shure
Uthock - ok god we dont need you or you to come we have Balls
thanks for the vote of confidence even if the mod was in the one area on site too dark for me.

3) Getting invested in the earth ciracal!

4) having a mod come to me and haveing me form the team then having it end and side into a wave battle

5) randamly jumping into holes just to have my very lowby friends follow me not knowing they shouldn't just to have one of them accomplesh the necisary heal befor the death count started.

6) drunken balls provideing shade for a gardening Zaterina.

7) being door guard for the multy resurection being all serious and being told guild members only absolutly no one else is allowed to interupt, then getting to tell off and get rid of anyone who cane to the door no matter who they were. accept barion Ivan Drake.

8) having more balls then ever befor on the battle feild

O and the bigest thing of all

GOING OUT AT NIGHT AND BEING EFFECTIVE

I had a really fun event. Thank you to everybody who helped contributed. Even those I didn't get to interact with because the "this is a town" atmosphere seemed especially rich this event, especially when it came to people wandering in the woods.

Now to the favorites:

Having Rachel, Dan, and Amy all make it down. And seeing them all have a good time.

Delaulder, who must have been involved in almost every adventure this weekend.

Meeting Sun-Li Kai Friday and him pulling me away for a private conversation. Giving me "the talk"... and having it go well (at least form where I was sitting). Also, bonding over death spells the next day.

Qualin getting a posse of elves together to go stamp out the undead. He asked me all apologetically, I konw you're on your vacation but there are some sneaky undead around and..." Stress-free undead hunting in a living forest IS a vacation for me.

After phase one of undead hunting, taking a break outside our cabins and Obediah calling down "You better go back inside your cabins, there's undead around out there" Qualin answering "We know" and Obediah going "Oh it's you guys, never mind"

Getting out my teaset early Friday night so it would be handy when I needed it... and having so many people come up to me later in the event saying, I saw your tea set in the tavern and knew you were in town, I'm glad you're here. Some people have Flags, tabbards, or tapestries on buildings... I apparently have a tea set.

1 hippo + 1 repel = 2 gold. That is some Alliance math that I can get behind.

Being paid by Ithica to prove to those in the tavern that I can jump rope. I found the strangest ways to make gold this even.

After having a conversation with Avian and Sun-Li Kai about the preponderance of copper we'd been finding this month across several lands. Enter wave of monsters... I kill one, search it... get handed a handful (about 6 or so) of copper pieces as loot. I bring my spoils back and show them... we all chuckled a bit over that one.

Avian beating Super Troll... at least that's how I'm gonna tell it :) Congrats on stepping up your game Jeremy. It takes balls to "choose in"

Another weekend of getting along with the Hunt. This bodes well for the future.

Teaching Anna 6th and 7th circle magic. I have alot of fun teaching and was glad to find time where I could do it uninterrupted.

"Anybody doing work this late at night must be doing some pretty important work. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow"

The execution of Darkan. Things got a bit heated in the sidelines. Amaranthus' request to me...

Law and Order: Scavytown. Falling into one of the last spots on this mod by accident. My unique history gave me interesting insight into the "proceedings", so it's good that I was there. Kudos to all the NPC's... I found this mod very entertaining. When Amaranthus used diplomacy to inturrupt the proceedings I relized that I will voulenteer to do that from now on and then turn it over to Amaranthus after we have the foot in the door. Also, once Ulthoc and Amaranthus were in negotiations with the Judge, I took it upon myself to find out if the defendant was guilty or not. Avian reminding me I have no authority in the matter, and telling him "I just want to know". Kerrigwen and Qiu Jun-Wu's plan B they quietly came up with: Confine EVERYBODY. Part two of the adventure "defending icenia"... Amaranthus made such a strong opening argument I didn't know what more to say so I did my best, it was late and people seemed to enjoy it. Amelia you play a very good Owl. Afterwards the dance party, and using Amar's title against him to force him to "get jiggy with them". Worth every moment.

Getting attacked by the horse sized spider and becoming the princess needing to be rescued. Listening to my friends come to my aid was touching.

Bill playing the super shrub. After a few lives deciding that Death spells were the next thing to try... 3 kills later passing it off to Sun-Li Kai. Also, handing off Luminous (the sword I was carrying) so other people could take turns killing it. It was great fun. Iggy trying to death one.... and the walk of shame after he failed. Looked quite similar to a walk I saw an orc take after losing a skulock match a few years ago :lol:

Sun-Li Kai and Qiu Jun-Wu deciding that there was nothing really for us to do offensively against the spiders on Sunday as they were all but immune to all of our tricks except death.

Borrowing Avalon's sword for a moment.

Healing the squad who came to train with Flint because the local guild was "otherwise occupied" Also, when they recruits got a bit stabby, giving one of them the 10 minute "first aid and wait" time out. Taking the time to get a bit more IG sword training in myself during the break.

ALL things Flint.

Saturday afternoon back massages.

And the last one for now:

My only goal for the weekend was to make sure I found time to sit and enjoy tea with people in the tavern. I found so much more to do then just that, but thank you for all those who helped me meet this initial goal.

I hope to make it down at least a couple more times this season until then I hope to see some of you guys up in the New England chapters.

-Craig Fiske

My favorites novella;

What a surprising and exciting event. I had a really good time. I cannot thank everyone who came out to NPC enough. You guys had pretty sore numbers but did your best to be everywhere and always. It was really cool to see so many people jump fence to lend a hand. So, thanks to everyone who came out and made it so fun!

Let's see, Friday night:

-Coming out in game, and beginning my hardest mission yet; getting (then) Squire Aven to sit still long enough to tell her all about the events that took place at the last lowbie weekend. It was very fun rolling with Jess, telling my stories as we were running around, being dutiful and trying to have a conversation lol. At one point the undead pops in the tavern and goes buck-wild. Flint and Aven go out to scope out the scene with Ferra and Obadiah in tow. To our great surprise and glee, we found trolls! Once they were pacified we went inside.

I finally got to sit down with Aven and tell her stuff that I've been waiting to tell her for months. I expressed my interest in becoming her Squire, but I had no idea the next day that would actually become a reality. I've always wanted to have a character who would have the opportunity to pursue nobility in Ashbury. This is a really exciting character goal I get to check off. I'm so lucky I get to be led on this journey by such a cool person with such a cool character. So, all things Jessica Bender. <3

-Other highlights to Friday include the troll pit of 'horrible death'. Kudos to Tim G. for his excellent catch phrase heh. So the Sherriff found himself a troll hole that needs some evacuating. Our group was pretty cool, and honestly Flint really wanted to go to impress Ferra with his troll killing prowess. Although, it was pretty funny because I was trying really hard to get Obadiah to come too. This would have seriously hindered any chance at flirtation, but I think that's hilarious. Anyway, Iggy and Aven tail us to the troll hole, and I'm glad they did. We got to floor six and had to get out because we realized we threw a rock at a bee's nest. We weren't about to let ourselves get covered in bees™.

-But Friday didn't end there, oh no! Well, I guess it was really early Saturday. Whatevers. The abduction of Qiu Jin Wu!!! Qiu Jin Wuthecrapjusthappened mod. I walk into the tavern from then common room, weerily carrying my gear, about ready to call it for the evening. Suddenly I hear a lay on call, not even having known there was a hold. I dash outside and start fighting a bunch of spiders with Ameranthus, Avian, Delaldur, Raavna, and Lokan. Amer is freaking because apparently Jin Wu was just picked up off the balcony by a horse-sizer spider and dragged into a hole in the ground. So, naturally, we go after him. While in the portal to the mod room we were presented with three clear options; run, give the spider a bit of our blood, or come in the room and die. We chose option D: kick ***. So we got back our Elf. It was really cool. It made my character truly consider the code of chivalry and what it really meant. I told Craig that the reason I stayed was because he was completely vulnerable. He was (though an incredible strong character and player) the weak at that moment. Thou shalt respect the weak, and constitute thyself the defender of them. Hells yeah.

-Here's one that's not a book; getting asked by Lord Mugg if it was cool for Draekga to shrink my head when I died so it could be preserved forever like some hellish, sick christmas tree ornament. I love Tedd so much haha. Courtni's orc is amazing, too.

-Oh yeah, Gwendara's SWORD. Holy eff. I have seen amazing AMAZING reps, but this two hander...freaking amazing.

-SATURDAY MORNING. Hands down, flat out, the best Saturday morning I can remember at Alliance. Period. First, I got to spend it having a delicious breakfast with Lupi, Dennis, Tedd, and Jess. Half the fun of this game for me is getting to spend time with all the amazing friends I've made over the years. When we got back I decided I wanted to spend time out in the woods, looking for all the little treasures rumored to be hiding in the contested lands! Reunited and it feels so good...more Flint and Evie shennanigans! So the cutest hobling that ever blinged, myself, Delaldur, Trel, Avalon, and Grimm set out for adventure in the great unknown. We (Trel and Grimm) ended up finding some gold nuggets in the river and I think a comp or two in the rocks and trees. We were beset upon by gnolls. Thanks Eric S. for having so much cool stuff to find and fight! While I was looking around the river bank and water for signs of glinting metals, I thought to myself...where's Evie gone to? Then all of a sudden I see her off in the distance having a chat with some gnolls. I don't know what she said but it must have pissed them off because I distinctly saw one of the gnolls mouths make the unmistakable motions for 'spellstrike death'. I'm really happy I chose the silver sword! Hearteaters...keen. Well, we got em, and I was lucky too. We had enough life spells in items to get Evie and Gwendara (oh yeah she came down with Draekga, yay!) back up. Good stuff.

No more than 20 minutes later I would lose Evie again. This is the real appeal of this character to me. She's like a cartoon character that represents greed (in a funny child-like fascination type of way), loyalty, bravery, ADD, and amazing humour. This, however, gave me the motivation to punch the giant hill in the face and truck up there when I heard her cry out 'I'm in trouble' but what she really said was 'I found something!' lol. FFS, Kelsey! LOL. This was so much fun. We found this bloody grove and then a tomb that we couldn't open. Avalon & Delaldur were on the scene now too, but we didn't stay long because there was more violence to be had down below. We saw what we thought were gnolls and goblins having a pow-wow. It turned out to be just the gnolls and a couple peeps oog. The gnolls engaged Draekga and some humans I'd not met yet. So I flew down the hill faster than I thought I was capable, and healed up Draekga. The two humans; Constantine and his brother Travis...cool characters, new players, good dudes.

Enter Krem and Drifa. So now things have calmed down and we are all kind of wandering about. These two lovely vansir are down by the river, and happen to mention two people got Knighted! The quiet one and the not-so quiet one they said. Haha, well, I was like okay who?! Aven and Ignatius? The answer was, oh yeah those guys lol. This was immediately followed by me shouting with childish glee as I scraped for my last bits of energy to push myself back up to the tavern area. Luckily Dame Aven and His Grace were considerate enough to happen to be in the middle of the field when I appeared like a psychotic, and sweaty man-mop over the crest of the hill. I promply collapsed to my knees and began to pant out my congratulations, muttering words like deserv-ed and jellified.

I got up, and now my fuel light was blinking, pleading with me to effing stop and breathe. I ignored that and jog-shambled into the tavern, collapsed again, but this time shooshed and ousted by the newly Squired Obadiah. So perfect. I was like I just wanted to say congratulations! He's like, thank you, now go on get outta here! Haha. The trial was taking place at this time, and I was unawares until that moment. Yikes.

Luckily when I sat down, Heather's barkeep character noticed that I was about to pass out and came over with a pitcher of water. Such a kind, and considerate soul she is. She made sure I didn't die and then something something I don't remember what I did next.

-So I guess if you have one Dwarf squire, you might as well go for the combo deal, right? Dame Aven calls me over and makes a pretty epic speach, and hands off the ol' red belt. This was very momentous and I am very very happy. I loved having little tasks given to me and being asked to stand guard and stuff. I feel like a Padawan haha. Jess makes for a really good Knight. I am really starting to enjoy the role of nobility and learning how to communicate better in game with so many different personalities. It's an incredible challenge and I can't wait to keep at it.

-All things Sun Li Kai. Of all of Jesse's cool characters, I really think Sun Li is my favorite. Between being grilled by him as Tetsu, and being treated like a brother by him as Flint...he's just such an interesting dude lol. At one point I think I asked him if he would ever become a shadow mage, and he said of course not, why wouldn't I complete myself? Lots of neat exchanges between us. It makes me think of dialogue between characters in some forgotten realms book or something.

-Really cool new players! I will learn everyone's names eventually. I had some really cool interactions with the character Coal, he told me some of his character history. It reminded me of the first one I wrote. I grinner ear to ear while he told the story because he was so excited to tell it.

-Lokan loses a spirit. This was deep, yo. For reals. I was in the common area and it was dark. There was a lot of noise and a poker game going on in the background (great job organizing that Tab, and mad props to Christina for being able to get through being the dealer in that atmosphere). So anyway, Lokan comes out of the healer's guild. I only knew it was him because of the blue outline of his feathers around his otherwise dark silhouette. He looked drained, dejected, and void of emotion. I asked him if he was alright. He turned so I could see his face in the yellow light and looked directly in my eyes; I just lost a spirit, he said. I didn't know what to say. I started to try to say something comforting. He just slowly turned and said he had to get back to the game, and sat back down at the poker table. It's subtle things like that...these little interactions that become real and immerse you that make this larp so special.

-Amelia child npc with the person that lived in her thumb. That idea is amazing.

-Amanda Troy: Spider Mega-Man-Lady. That rep is so hot. The spike, arm mounted crossbow. I went to fight her, I had her back, and I thought I got this. Nope. She nonchalantly turns to me and tosses a packet directly into the middle of my chest after softly saying terminate. I stood there dumbfounded, but managed to mutter magic armor. The next time, she totally impaled me on a web-like spike. There's something about a girl with terminates...

-The mod we shall never speak of again. I don't want to elaborate. It's too humiliating! Hahah. Let's just say a couple of squire, let's call them Mr. F and Mr. G, learned a valuable lesson in active observation. W + nobody invested + chocolate sprinkles = lolololol.

-Hopping fence and being on a mod my team happened to go out on. This was not supposed to end peacefully, but my homies think outside the box like whoa. The honor duel between my orc guy and Dame Aven was great. Jess caught me with a super good shoulder tap with the 110 slay. Brutals. Fairdale; where peaceful monsters can make an honest wage.

-The final battle on the lines with Sir Grimsby, Blythedale and Vex Squad. That was a really fun, clean battle. I liked going around and shaking everyone's hand and learning characters names and introducing myself to the cool folks I had not had a chance to hang with so much. People seemed genuinely happy to be acknowledged as critical elements in our victory. It was a very neat feeling.

-Toddo's ice-dwarf guy. Dwarf plot is always really cool, I think. This is super weird and twisted. I love it. I want it to end in some kind of bizarre survival-horror scenario in a dungeon setting in the mod area. K, Toddo? :)

-Drak's jewlery and occasionally getting Elf-Checked repeatedly while I was trying to something serious lol.

-Remeeting Quallin, lolol. That was fun Henry,

Okay, so if it isn't apparent by now...this whole weekend was pretty much one long *** favorite. Everybody present made this thing magic. You guys had a skeleton crew and really tried so hard to get everyone to have a good time. That deserves mad respect and admiration for all the staff and NPCs present. HQ has changed a lot over the years I've been lucky enough to come to their game, but one thing that never changes for me is the distinct I'm still in my roots feeling. It's weird, and hard to describe.

Much love,

Justin Coggin

P.S. - Caravan of Doom to Chili's was rad.

You'd think I'd shut up about this already, right? Well these two need to be mentioned...

LOGISTICS! So, you're awesome, you know? Robb and Amanda, seriously, thank you so much. Okay, example; I drop off my items with Amanda W. at the desk for tags. I go and change. I always intend for these things to go quickly, but Henry happened to be in the shower room getting ready too. So naturally we BS for like a half hour. I suddenly realize that I'm a douche and probably made poor Amanda sit there for far longer than she had intended. I run out and see that she's gone and my sock-o-stuff is not present, but I didn't freak, cause I knew it was in good hands. I went up and got the rest of my stuff from my room, and Amanda pops in to hand deliver my items.

This made me feel so good. Just knowing that people care like that makes a huge difference, and I wanted to make it a point to thank everyone who contributes that position of Logistics how much I appreciate you guys. That goes for every chapter in the whole damn show.

ALSO

Rachel Durfee, our resident photographic elven princess. Thanks so much for zipping around with your camera, taking great shots, and helping everyone have lasting memories.

Okay I think I'm done now. I think.

Justin

Two more before I go to work:

1) Sun-Li Kai explaining to Obadiah there are no floggings in the Forest, we simply execute all criminals. Obadiah trying to wrap his head around it.

2) Flint... having used some vocabulary word #twohundred-something was all excited. Before he could go too long I tell him, might I offer another to you then: "expedite", and without defining it I just continued walking by to refill my teapot. I walk back in a minute later and he's screaming out "I need a book!" and I just smile to myself.

2.5) Realizing I may have not teach reading to ANOTHER Squire. Giving Flint my Law book so he can practice on "something he has partially memorized anyway" the code of chivalry.

LOL, yes, Craig! Hooked on twilight elven phonics works for me! That was really great dude. Flint wants to read that book cover to cover and learn all the different versions of the code now!

thank you staff and npc's!
also thank you to the tavern for having food stuffs all weekend.

i had alot of fun this weekend and really glad i decided to pc.
some of my favorites
avalon being all confused about where she was and glad to see some familier faces
going on the sneaky elf mod friday night, trying to be sneaky and then stepping on a branch that snapped i went "dang it" ><

beating the crap out of trolls with SUN LI KAI!, down at the river on saturday. with avian and amaranthus as well

talking with flint, whos awsome

teasing the red caps in the basment from upstairs.

walking with qualin and anna on sunday morning

friday night coming out of the cabin and obidiah goin "hey you might want to go back into the cabin, theres undead about."
qualin and Qiu Jin Wu going" where?"
obidiah "oh its just you guys, nevermind." ;)

saturday night at the resturant though i wasent feeling all that well, it was still fun

the last fight on sunday was good too, had lots of fun using like all my spells then breaking out my sword to do some more, if not limited damage.

all in all, it was a really awsome event! and i will really really really try to make it down there again for another one.
-rachel

Back