Favs from the event.

Ok so this is something I have to do because well it was an amazing event and I want everyone to know what I enjoyed about it.

1) Using my biata mind abilities so much. It was so cool to have so many pc's and npc's say yeah go ahead and go in.
2) Drinking contests with orcs, no Idea way I'm not drunk but shall we continue.
3) Chocolate pudding monsters, wish I could have just done an engulf.
4) Causing my own resurrection after realizing I had killed a protected race.
5)Fighting the colbalts right next to the celestrial circle.
6) the roleplay with the Biata who was controlling true mortals minds, wanting to attack him but realizing he had more troops then I did.
these are just a few I will try to add more later.

i love all u npc's and staff woot! such an awsome event, i just loved the whole game. btw, i lost the game ><
anyway, i had great role play with alot of people, pc's and npc's alike
i loved seeing so many darkelfs, that was awsome, the dark elf army woot
and then when all you guys called me over in unison was very unsettling, i was like ohh sh*t what the hell did i do? and then to circle around me, i thought i was really in trouble :p but nope, nothing to worry about.
fighting the elf pantherghast on the elf adventure was awsome, i dumped a lot of spells fighting that thing. and next month, i will have more yay!
i loved the drug addicts that came into town, nick made me laugh so hard jonsing out all over the place. and twitching while he was waylayed on the couch in the tavern was great.
and the last battle was awsome sauce.
i am so pcing again next month. and i cant wait :p

I had an amazing time, as to be expected from a NH event. Here's a few favs.

-DE team. I cannot thank you guys enough for "twisting my arm". After riding up with Chazz and Rachel Friday night and waiting in NPC gear while everyone got ready at the hotel everyone was adamant that I play with them. And when I said "I would love to but I don't have this, this, this, this, or this" they went "Here, here, here, here and here. Now come play." It really meant a lot to me guys.

-Being part of the DE figher chick front line. We kicked much *** and took many names... well... actually no not so much with the name taking, just a lot of *** kicking.

-All things Chazz. It was awesome rolling with Itzpatil all weekend. From having my own personal healer to the roleplay about what to do with the necklace it was an honor hanging out with the creepiest of the dark elves. ;)

-Chima (Rachel) asking me on Sunday if she should be concerned about the amount of time I was spending with her husband. I also loved the fact that you hardly spoke to a non-DE all weekend long. You get my vote for second creepiest.

-So when the Naga came out Saturday night Will goes off by himself after 2 of them who desecrated themselves. I advise him to be more cautious. Next thing I know he has looped around behind all the naga in the woods and killed most of them by himself.

-Intimidation factor! Chasing Craig's orc out of town just by telling him we found his crudeness offensive and realizing we'd chased him right into the oncoming wave battle.

-Gameboard rescue and making new friends. :D

This was simply such an awesome event that I'm not sure I can list all my favorites. That's never stopped me from trying, though.

In no particular order...

- The miscellaneous shenanigans of playing the board game. Struck by lightning! Blacklisted! Berserked! Always a different game.
- Hanging out with an army of dark elves more proper than me. Not only was it a lot of fun, but it also helped me cement in what I want my character to be like. "We'll make you a proper dark elf yet!"
- Teaching Akinus (sp? It's the dryad played by Brian) how to waylay by tying up a gnoll and using it as a live example.
- Both of the elf mods, especially the venture into the caverns. Purple worms everywhere!
- Watching the wandering archer shoot the skull off of people's heads (sometimes...) and getting the skull myself on the first shot
- Finding the baseball bat in the board game while rescuing Lord Galloway. It'll make an awesome blunt.
- Discovering the airbrush. Wow.
- Waylaying the gnolls, the orcs, the dryads, and the addicts. It's the ultimate rogue skill.

Thank you to all the NPC's, the staff, and everyone else who made this event possible. I love you all.

Surion Maedhros said:
Waylaying the gnolls, the orcs, the dryads, and the addicts. It's the ultimate rogue skill.
And me when you thought I was berserked.

Michiko said:
we'd chased him right into the oncoming wave battle.
Haha, that was really scary when the 3 of us were walking with him away and we saw those things come out of the woods.

Hooray for PCing for the first time ever! I love you all, NPCs and Staff. Thank you for a wonderful event! :D

My faves (this will be a LONG list):
- People playing the game for the first time. Hilarity ensued.
- Learning the origins of the game through Romani storytelling - Excellent RP!
- Goblin zookeepers. Poor Caillen was heartbroken when the penguin was killed (and first aid didn't work due to animal metabolism).
- Hobling pantherghast. Shortly after fighting the goblins, out came Sean as a pantherghast, closing in on me with my little hatchet and small repertoire of healing spells. Fortunately Sacco(sp?) arrived, and it became an epic triumph for team hobling.
- Playing the game. Lots of fun was had.
- Befriending Lanna and Jarrin, and having Caillen's most traumatic memory blocked. There are major benefits to befriending a biata!
- The orb that led to the Amber Heart mod. Being the first person to talk to the orb and hearing its keeper talk to me while on the mod made me feel important.
- Being pushed away from the game only to be pulled back in when nobody else joined in, then saving Nicodemus with the group.
- Volunteering to be the centerpiece, then rezzing afterwards.
- Skylar's eye and Bill. 'nuff said.
- The gorgon battle and the final fight against the spectral champion. Those were among the most intense fights I was involved in on the weekend.
- Caillen meeting Lord Galloway, and said meeting being everything he hoped it would be.

I can't wait to see you all soon! I hope I can make it to the August event!

Holy crap, what an event! I think this was my most involved event yet, and I felt genuinley effective. I have so many favorites from this event, and I'll try to list them all;

- HOLY CRAP JUSTICAR AXES! I can't express how excited and surprised I was when I got them. The only problem with them is I can't do anything to someone using a shield, and they have no defense. Also, unlocking powers from them was pretty cool. I was talking to Drenten-Mike OOG and he asked me if I had the reflectors where if a spell hits the axes it's a free reflect. Man, I would have loved to have that part. I still Jedi'd a ton of arrow packets though. (A non-favorite from this was buying thrown weapon this event and not being able to use any weapon besides the Axes)

- I guess this kind of goes with the last one, but having body fights with people a couple times this weekend. I think I saw 4 or so NPCs that swung body.

- Making about 12 gold, a rit scroll, a magic item and a crap ton of potions.

- Fighting goblins Friday night. I wish Plot did more with the Goblin encampment though.

- Going with most of the higher level characters into the game on Friday night and finding Keely.

- Dragging Nadarin on mods. I was talking to Samara out of game and she was like "This is like the most mods Nadarin's ever been on. She never goes on mods"

- Defending the tavern from random things while other people were playing the game.

- Having gruff-voice conversations with Rainheart

- Having to kill the piggywig. I really didn't want to, but hey, I got a magic item out of it. Also, I decided to just take his 30 slay instead of parrying it. I love being able to take big hits like that

- Finding out said Magic Item was Celestial (We think) and trading it for a Turn Undead 1/day item. Does the little C in a circle on the MI tag mean Celestial?

- Telling Shannon I needed tags for my 4 column of Celestial during Saturday night logistics. Hahahaha.

- Talking to Doug's NPC Aiden about where he can find a plot to build a house and agreeing to help him. All of Doug's characters want houses, I guess.

- HAVING to disguise myself as some kind of Fae. The only reason I did it was because Nadarin asked me to, I wouldn't have if anyone else in town asked me. When she told us we had to look like Fae, Rainheart and I turned to each other and sigh.

- Cooling my hands on Kanyo. (sp?)

- Going on the Rendar mod. Man it was rough, mostly because I couldn't do anything to Gary with his shield. Also, getting pissed at Bill's archer and wacking away the arrows he was shooting at us. (Gary, I tried so hard not to laugh when you said "Get that one! He has skills!)

- Being taught eviserate by Craig's orc. Also, defense am crap. (Craig, I think his name was like Grondrik? Or something like that?)

- The Gorgon fight was both fun and frustrating. When half of the town was hiding in the healer's circle and the Dark Elves were saying that they were going to leave, Vry was getting ready to fight off the gorgons until he rez'd. He had enough of the town's crap.

- The final fight inside of the game and being a part of the PC's who got stuck over by the tavern and was getting swarmed. I eventually got pinned and was starting to get flanked when I just started swinging as fast as I could to defend the people behind me.

I'm sure there's a lot of things I'm forgetting, and I will probably post more later.

Vry said:
Michiko said:
we'd chased him right into the oncoming wave battle.
Haha, that was really scary when the 3 of us were walking with him away and we saw those things come out of the woods.

Yeah, after you guys were down the path a ways we heard him shouting something about Dark Elves and we were like "What? Is he taunting us now?" and we were ready to come after him until we realized he was actually calling for help. LOL

Oh yeah, another favorite

-Barely getting a crack at the DE pantherghast because Rachel mostly killed it before I got there. WOOT! Girl powah ftw!

OMG this event was Awsome! I am in love with NH and I so can't wait to get back again.

So first off the drive there was ********. It took us from about 830pm till what was is...230-300am just to get there. Part of that is cause I made a wrong turn due to James' wonderful directions. <3 and then not being able to find Ellis Ln or w/e...Gary mark the damn road...

So we get there and we automaticaly get in game and what not. And get explained what's going on. James and I just looked at eachother and were like...wtf.....

Saturday morningwas interesting. hanging out in the field and the orb comes out...touching it seeing the man. then out of no where it presses agains my temple and the man starts talking to me. I was just like OMG it's gonna kill me! Delivering the message then james opening his mouth and saying I'll go! And the orb touching his chest and him rifting out. I was just like OH HELL NO! and rifted after.

the orb mod was great. Killing all the constructs and then booking it down the path to where gary was, only for a hold to be called and falling on my butt.

being the orb's way of comunication. I loved how the only DE that listened to me was Chazz....well kinda....

The Elf fish bowl. Heather, Bill....WTF! A sceloton baby! I was really freaked out IG and OOG. It was great. James totaly loved going into so many heads.

The game Idea was pretty cool. I really like the whole idea of it cause it totaly explained why all the stronger people were gone.

Jarrin's rez....I know IG I was pissed off and upset...OOG I thought it was ******* cool. My IG break down and freaking the people outside the healer's guild out. Heck I freaked James out IG and OOG. lol

Saturday night's meeting with the black and white biata...IG I was pissed cause he had a Romani enslaved.

Making so many new friends both Ig and OOG. I love meeting new people..

Saving the hoblin healer's *** like all the time....how is it that celestial caster saves a healer's *** more then the other way around. lol j/k man.

Any way! I'm sure I forgot alot of things but so much happened I can't remember it all I got pulled into so many things!

I can't wait to go back again. Though IG I don't wanna go with Jarrin....Justicar....WTF!

Well, if it's any consolation, Caillen will be serving as a barrister. He's studying the laws! Also, it is hilarious that the healer got saved more by the celestial caster. :D

Playing a character so Completely the opposite of my primary was absolutely fantastic.

Realizing I had truly stayed in character all weekend when, on commenting that I had enjoyed something, one of the other DE's looked at me and said, " I can tell-- you're almost close to smiling.".

Standing intoxicated in the tavern and having Simone realize it:
Simone: Ah, you are drunk!
Me (speaking very deliberately): Yes.
Simone: May I give you a hug?
Me: No.
Simone: May I shake your hand?
Me: No.
Simone: May I not touch you at all?
Me: Yes.

Having waded in on the creature moving in on the tavern and been fighting it for a full minute or two alone before hearing it call "shun all non Dark Elf," and watching it fall to Silka's and my swords almost before I could realize that plot had sent us a toy.

Being the only one to lay pipe on Chazz all weekend.

Being brought up three times while still berserker--seeing the look on Becca's face as she realized she had to take me down AGAIN.

Having the promise that Chazz jokingly made Becca to get her to PC actually come to pass--very very hot.

Dude, why have I avoided playing DEs for so long? Oh right, because my primary hates them. :p Anyway!

- Cultural discussions with the rest of the DE group. Having dark elves represented from four different chapters (HQ, NJ, Crossroads, and NH) was not only awesome, but really interesting! I can tell you that I'm really digging the Crossroads packet, though. ;)

- Ocean coming up to the DE representatives in tears and on bended knee. OOG, Kelsey went: "holy crap." Seriously, what a moment.

- Overall, I really enjoyed the interaction (or lack thereof) from the PCs. As someone who plays a character who doesn't like dark elves, seeing it from the other side and how they're treated IG was very interesting to me.

- DE mod and elf mod! Cool stuff, seriously. I heart Mourgrymm and DE plot respectively, and I don't think Gary, Kelly, and Stacey could've done us anything cooler to play with.

- Chick brute squad. Tori, Rachel, Meg, Becca, and me all playing our front line fighters? Hot sauce, my friends. Complete hot sauce.

- Conversations with Chaz as Itzpatil. Scael is still young, and while she's in charge of her sister and two brothers (for better or for worse), she's still learning what that idea of leadership and responsibility means. I think this weekend definitely helped.

- Having Mike and Jesse as older brothers? Lol, awesome. A++, would do again.

Thanks to NPCs and staff for the keen weekend. If I don't see you at the HQ low level, I'll see you at the next Deadlands event.

this event has to be in my top NPC evnts i have done. I had so much fun.

For starter the Naga battle vs the DE's in the woods saturday night was amazing. Craig and I devising different ways to attack the and ambush them in the forest was great. havent had an encounter like that in a while.

Playing the obnoxious piggywig thief and trying not to crack up during all the role play. Great job guys. Oh and vry that was a 50 slay not a 30, but im pretty sure you blocked it anyway.

Gorgan battle, paralyzing that hobling (i think his name is Saco?) and bringing him over to the master to "sculpt". the look on his face was priceless.

Rp as the euphoria addicts. Running around all tiwtchy like. Having ocean yell at me for trying to pick his pocket and staying wayliad on the table for like a half hour.

Late saturday night Skylar Eye versus Kinyo (or however it is spelled) That Dragon baby cracks me up. Bill ftw. I think the rp was a good show for everyone in the tavern.

getting to see my brother PC for the first time as his new dryad character was great. I'm glad he had such a great time to.

This chapter always rocks. Cant wait until the august event.

I had a fun time on the other side of the fence. Here are some highlights.

My hands down favorite encounter was the drawn out Nagga v. Dark Elves encounters. From the first encounter which neither team was expecting, to the end when I did my last life, alone, it was full of highlight. Sending out one of the newer npc's as bait to the tree and back a few times, plus coming up with various plays on the fly with the other npcs. Jeremy and My Retreat across the field and subsequent 2 vs alot out by the Vansir Cabin. Tagging Mike in the Dark with a packet, as he tried to sneak around the cabin was awesome. Also awesome, accuracy at extreme range, casting a spell, having my target call "you missed" (as she assumed I did), THEN the packet hits her. That was pretty neat. Showing the Nagga's Rebirth, and scaring the crap out of Lauren as she checked me while I rebirthed... it was all a good time.

Owl and the Pussycat mod. Jeremy making his "piggywig" a lawyer. The RP on that mod was fun. Watching the Barbarians get more and more frustrated with words. Quoting bits and pieces of one of my favorite childhood poems and nobody catching on that it was a Fey Story Mod.

Nic's Rescue mod. The rp with all involved parties was lots of fun. Early on Nic stated that he can't cast magic without aura... and my Orc was skeptical. Later on Nic said he would be merging his spirit with the game.. .and I proclaim "without aura?" in a "gottcha" sort of way. I found it funny at least.

Going out as the sleep Homunculus. Bill and I using our crack aim to hit people with arcane sleep packets as they tried to flee.

Random troll pick up damage... I wore a tiny little vest, and came up with the idea that we were looking for cloths as ours were worn out and not fitting right. It led to some funny moments. Telling somebody I wanted their magic shirt because it was white.

Kobalds. Ocean, of all people, being the one to try to provke a fight. Throwing one of my soldiers to the angry mob. And calling Jarrin a "Chicken" hoping the proximity to the celestial circle would keep him away. It didn't. He had his archer kill me.

Nick and I going out as LATE night MWE's. Most people had just gone to bed, so I was just kinda chilling with people as I'd have been bored otherwise. But we kept it IG and it turned out pretty memorable. Throwing game pieces around the room and the PC's masking their horror and panic as they weren't sure it was best to tell me what they really were. Also making the pices do lewd things, and making fun of them. Especially the one of the silly looking elf with the strangely long ears.

My favorite RP role of the weekend was with the Orc Teacher (who's name I've forgotten, which is ironic because I was talking in the third person and said it a few dozen times). Being loud, getting to drink dwarven spirits again, and teaching Eviscerate. Having Sako auction of the space for my second student. And finally, after being out for quite some time, the Dark Elves scaring me away.

Also, I enjoyed several of the sparring matches I got into as I went out as my various crunch roles. Fighting Vry as my Body Swinging Ooze, Going against the dark elves a few times, and a few other encounters let me get the stick jockery out of my system.

See you all in a few weeks!

Craig

What a fantastic weekend. As always, it wouldn't be any fun without the help of our tireless NPC's so thanks guys =)

My favorites:

I really just loved playing my new character. She is so different from Kai, and it was nice to have a change.

The piggywig mod and inadvertently helping the plot of my primary character with my secondary :D The frustration of poor Craig and Dan when they realized they brought the RP squad instead of the death squad :D

Getting dragged out to the woods and left there by vampires and not dying.

Being created as undead and made to dance - I was having a horrible time keeping a straight face =P

RP with Winter, Fall and the other dryad whose name I can't remember :D We were talking and walking towards the woods, and out of game I kept thinking "This is crazy! They're totally going to gank you in the woods! Don't go!" but knowing Heli had no reason to believe that they were anything but friendly.

Spending the whole weekend about to say "Oh! I know what you're talking about!" and then realizing that Kai knew what they were talking about, not me =P Having people explain things to me that I already knew was interesting.

The Master of arms - that polearm was great! =P And after, having the orcs jump through the portal with us and follow around the "plant lady" so they could help me execute the necromancer. I felt like I had a posse :D

Being able to enjoy the company of people's characters that I can't hang with as Kai.

Ending up on the ground for the better part of all the fights and having people care enough to come find and heal me =)

RP with Simone - no I don't want your finger! =P

The game was awesome. Every time anyone played it was like chaos for everyone around. Hysterical! The orb of annihilation was terrifying =P

I also think Heli went on more mods this event then Kai has been on in 7 years total. It was modtastic!

Can't wait to see you all in August =)

Jevedor said:
Oh and vry that was a 50 slay not a 30, but im pretty sure you blocked it anyway.
I was pretty sure I blocked it too, but I just said got it out of habit because I couldn't block anything with those axes.

from an npc side of things....

1. snake head make up
2. jesse dark elf sneaking up on my snake head girl to whack her in the back...gotta love them roguey types
3. marvelous matilda and trying to get people to drink her dragon oil
4. dryad plot stuffs...
5. the cuteness of cindy lou whoo dryad hair...jeepers jess do you get any cuter???
6. realizing after seeing the two dryads i had to come home and completely remake my head piece for my secondary..
7. did i mention the dark elves? jeepers that was cool the night we were playing the naga and we both ran into each other on that little alcove knoll..heheheheh i was so shocked!
8. 5 elemental chaos being thrown and people taking it....withOUT taking damage......hmmm very interesting...
9. no npc experience would be the same without all the shirtless guys running around..
10. getting stuck in the woods...NOTE TO SELF..stop trying to play in the woods at night...jeepers my night vision stinks....
11. talk around the smoker's pit....jaimi....you make me laugh...
12. sean metzler/george collin....what's M***ing? seriously you have to tell me!
13. jaimi rockin' it romani style..JES!
14. Racial cruises....the biata one sounded good...i'd pay to go on that cruise...though i'd probably have a diabetic shock
15. going out as chocolate pudding and having a biata eat me?...that doesn't even sound right.
16. being one weekend closer to playing my dryad
17. finding out someone stored a prison inside a biata...gotta wonder what nic will do to that person when no one is looking.....
18. Justicar: "did anyone free a spectral liche?!" JesseDE: "no we just freed a human with blond hair..."
19. JustiVry and the axes of doom
20. the DE woman just ....looking...at my dryad....just.......looking....friggin creepy...
21. seeing all you great people again...can't wait to see you in august!

Vry_Young_Pup said:
- Dragging Nadarin on mods. I was talking to Samara out of game and she was like "This is like the most mods Nadarin's ever been on. She never goes on mods"
Not just Nadarin dude, any of my characters. SAMARA never goes on mods. What is this nonsense you've gotten me into?!

- "That's JUSTICAR Vry to you" -- I wanted him to obliterate something so, so badly...

- Deborah taking Nadarin under her wing

- My two PC Children of Autumn!! Way to make the race look good, guys! Yay!

- Heading into the game first and finding Keely

- Poor shy little Nadarin playing medical hero to the young Blighted elves

- Spying-on-creepy-Jeff mod, and the fact that we had to dress up two barbars as MWEs... I'm not a little bit sorry :p

- Getting along with dark elves? I think?

- Hearing about how Nicodemus namedropped his way out of being burned because Jess's Child of Autumn was on the mod

- "How many people have to say 'kill that mahfah' before you kill that mahfah?!"

- Kinayo vs the Skyball. Awesome.

- Crazy heart-finding elf mod with the damned elf pantherghast... Tammy, Rachel and I (two celestial scholars and a templar) rocked that thing. Elf girl power!

- Gary's silly Friday-night goblin using words like "smidgen" and "labyrinthine"

- Nadarin getting intoxicated after having her money and keepsake stolen and bursting into tears in the tavern

- Simone -- I do love me some Jaimi-Gypsy

- Skylar vs Galloway mod, interacting with both of them (we all know Nadarin and Skylar are really BFFs), and royally pissing Skylar off

- A lot of great, really intense roleplay

Vry_Young_Pup said:
- The Gorgon fight was both fun and frustrating. When half of the town was hiding in the healer's circle and the Dark Elves were saying that they were going to leave, Vry was getting ready to fight off the gorgons until he rez'd. He had enough of the town's crap.
Seriously. Though it would have been a worthwhile rez. Besides, we've both still got a free death, right? ;)

Back