Feast Event Favorites!

I rarely start the favorites thread but this is 2 events in a row that I had just an absolute blast running. I think this season has somehow provided 3 of my top 5 events I have ever run. I always love running game but I have just absolutely super loved running this season for various reasons.

A few of my favorite moments in no particular order, I am sure there is many more but this is what comes to the top as I type this.
  • Baby Grimdell getting the name Kira
  • Being told the Deep Woods route and running directly into thorns cause ofcourse lol
  • The look on peoples face at Keg a Zombo and just about every convo in that scene
  • Dwarf moot walking up to NPC camp singing moot I swear every person had a different tune/rhythm but it was glorious
  • Sids old valoran saar accent and makeup
  • The snowball fight Dwarven Hate contest was amazing. Good zingers and insults yet fully appropriate
  • All things Grand Melee, I have to congratulate everyone on it being really clean fighting
  • Fredericks spirit farewell felt heavy got to give Nay and Binks for rolling with the tone of it
  • Honor discussions with Vorg
  • My Mind to your Mind...
  • Apple Juice! and Deylvia just being like No Bro, Bro....
  • Vampiric Endings and Fountains of Blood
  • FEAST!
  • Nate, Derek, Ethan, and both Ryans helping out at key times. You really helped make the event!
  • Talent Competition was great, I think everyone had did fantastic.
  • Julia, Sid, Laura, and Jay man did you guys work your butt off and I really had fun with you in monster camp
  • Team Salt working hard late Saturday to make the site safer
  • FEAST!
  • Did I say FEAST!
  • Nyio admitting to Rorik he is not good at jokes. When one of his missions to become a Thane is just that.
  • 3 AM zoomies

The only thing I did not love about this event was the ice and cold. But man did it just not matter in the end. Thank you one and all.

Last edited:
Oh man, my first event. There were so many things that were great:
  • The grand melee was incredible. Even though I was yo-yoing the whole time, it was great to be a part of it.
  • Staying up late on Friday and gambling away around a gold and a half worth of silver.
  • The feast was awesome. The talent show, the atmosphere -- all amazing!
  • Impromptu sparring session before the grand melee was educational. LARP combat is so different, but genuinely so fun.
  • Our raid on the scorn was intense. Thank you to the NPCs who made it intense and awesome.
The best thing is that all of that was just my first time. There's so much more to explore and do both for Aiden specifically and just in general. I'm excited for next time!

in no particular order:

• Feast
  • Grand Melee
  • Honor discussions
  • Vampire and blood geysers
  • Talent competition
I'm sure there's more that I'll think of later.

Thank you so much to the plot team and NPCs for another super fun weekend. Rob, Laura, Sid, Julia, Ryan, Ryan, and more! And Ian for coming back as the nerd elf! Thank you!

Some highlights in random order:
1. I love fighting- I’m awful but I love it so thank you to everyone who fights me! Including the tree I ran into. Two hands!
2. My battle buddy Kicked butt singing a love song! Kiss! and everyone inThe talent show!
3. The beaver mod… I’M SORRY! Don’t make me talk ever again!!!! I also haven’t laughed that hard in years. Sam saying later “I asked Tuli to talk and then… oh no…”
4. Henry! Laura! Be my friend!
5. The feast!!!! Thaddeus’ sword during the feast.
6. Ew! Blood! Ew!
7. “Nope…. Tuli’s mind is unlike any I have ever entered.“
8. The wonderful people in my cabin made me smile a lot!
9. Star making me sleep - sleeping 45 mins on Friday.
10. im not doing any dishes! I will give you 50 bucks to not do dishes! Fine… you need help? I actually DID NOT DO DISHES for the first time - hurray!!!!! I hate dishes! So love not doing them.
11. I’m going to cut these lights and buy new ones … ok Tuli go over there!
12. The monsters!
13. Everyone who bought something from Tuli- coffee and clothes. you guys looked awesome in what you bought!
14. Adlao being my twin but like… the “put together” one.
15. ”you just got hit with 500 doom..” “oh!” ”falls over”
16. “Are you hurt?”. Stage whisper response “Tuli looks beautiful in her death” a groan response
17. multiple trips to the healers :)

so much more thank you!!!

Oh! And!
”Why are you a part of The Company? You are useless!”
”I don’t know! Blame Sam!”

Thank you so much for having me and my group! Here's a quick list for me in no particular order –
  • Getting to be Baby Grimdell's namesake! I wasn't expecting it to stick but I'm honored and definitely going to be having to make a trip up after May to meet baby Kira
  • Judging the dessert contest – "the perks of being nobility"
  • Fey mod! I love puzzles, especially ones where everyone can participate
  • The Minotaur fight was extremely cool, as was the prop; I've never in all my years adventuring had a need to cast Slow, so having the fight built around a seldom-used mechanic was great and you guys did a great job statting it with so few NPCs
  • All the great outfits! Loved seeing everyone's finest, and Beryl your feast outfit was so pretty it has me downright inspired
  • I really loved the tactics challenge! Being able to do mental puzzles was unexpected, but a really fun way to participate in the tournament
  • Failing the archery contest twice (I maintain I should get points for precision!!) and Sid's "You're fired."
  • Vampire mod. Blood geysers was entirely unexpected
  • The feast was BEAUTIFUL you guys did such a great job, and have such a talented chapter!
  • Mila's readings, and the fates agreeing Kylar needs to stop running off into the woods with random women
  • Evangelizing the glory of Shut the Box and homebrew rules. May winner winner chicken dinner live forever in infamy
  • Getting to bring new friends to LARP and see them love it! It's always such a cool moment to look out and see somebody that you brought getting hooked, so shout out to Zac and Emma for taking a leap and diving in headfirst
All in all Halcyon had a great time, and being able to travel to games and be welcomed so readily is the absolute best reminder of why I love being part of a national game. Can't wait to get to play with you all again, and hopefully see some of you down south this year!

Back