Feb Event Canceled due to weather

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Hey folks,
I am sorry to say that this event is canceled due to shittons of snow.
Elbert got absolutely hammered and it's still coming down. They wouldn't be able to clear camp for our arrival, and even by tomorrow they will only allow 4 wheel drive vehicles on site.

If you want to carry over your payment to the March game, just let me and logistics know.
If you want a refund because you are unsure about your March attendance, just let me and logistics know.

So bummed... I needed this weekend.

Jesse

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for being proactive and letting us know. Just for future reference, for travelers booking flights, how often do winter games get cancelled? I assume this is a fluke, but just wanted to know for future reference.

Thanks for putting on such a great game that I want to fly to it!
Patrick

P.S: With the snow, is anyone changing plans to skiing this weekend (cross country or downhill), that I can tag along with? Looking for a way to save my flight money...

Patrick / Swifteagle

Last edited:
Hi Jesse,

Thanks for being proactive and letting us know. Just for future reference, for travelers booking flights, how often do winter games get cancelled? I assume this is a fluke, but just wanted to know for future reference.

Thanks for putting on such a great game that I want to fly to it!
Patrick

It's actually rare in Denver's event history for an event to be scheduled in February. Usually this is off-season for plot to recover and prep for the upcoming season.

Also, *March* is usually the snowiest month of the year in Colorado, which i always found interesting. And we have had plenty of events tromping around in the snow. Beyond packet drying strategies, snow is not usually a big deal unless there's a huge amount of it.

It's actually rare in Denver's event history for an event to be scheduled in February. Usually this is off-season for plot to recover and prep for the upcoming season.

This is the second year in a row we've had a February Event, and until we find a way to have summer Events, it's hard to get in eight events without February. This is the second time I can remember that we've had an event cancelled for weather in the past 5 years.

Back