February Event: Pictures

Terrel

Scholar
If anyone wouldn't mind helping me take pictures that would be awesome, I have a simple one that isn't the best and I don't know how many I can take up to.

While updating the site on occasion one thing lacks.

PICTURES

I think its another important asset to our chapter not only to reflect on what we have done, but also for people who are interested and can see visuals of our events.

Another idea that was floating in my head was a section for profiles. I'm still waiting for the go ahead from Dave, but the idea was a pose from each player in full uniform, by them selves, and then a little profile including anything they wish to be in it. My idea was full name and titles, backgrounds and anything else that might work with it. Now I personally won't do this unless I get consent from each and every individual however I am looking forward to being allowed to do this because not only will it help everyone better understand each players characters, I think it would greatly help the plot (unless they already know everything needed to know) when preparing for events.

Open for feedback, tell me what you think.

I will hopefully have my camera there. If there is anyone who would be willing to take pictures with it I'd love to loan it out!

Terrel said:
If anyone wouldn't mind helping me take pictures that would be awesome, I have a simple one that isn't the best and I don't know how many I can take up to.

While updating the site on occasion one thing lacks.

PICTURES

I think its another important asset to our chapter not only to reflect on what we have done, but also for people who are interested and can see visuals of our events.

Another idea that was floating in my head was a section for profiles. I'm still waiting for the go ahead from Dave, but the idea was a pose from each player in full uniform, by them selves, and then a little profile including anything they wish to be in it. My idea was full name and titles, backgrounds and anything else that might work with it. Now I personally won't do this unless I get consent from each and every individual however I am looking forward to being allowed to do this because not only will it help everyone better understand each players characters, I think it would greatly help the plot (unless they already know everything needed to know) when preparing for events.

Open for feedback, tell me what you think.

Eh, mostly because we're all generally busy playing the game. :) Joy got some shots last one-day, but my camera isn't great in iffy light and the site we're using is far from ideal for it, what with the parking lot full of cars being right next to where we stage most of the action. Too much non-period stuff to really look visually impressive.

Other than that, I'd say ask the other players. I know some (like myself), aren't likely to give you much info for a profile, though. If you can't find it out in-game, then it isn't public knowledge! ;)

I would be happy to do a profile Andrew, so I think it will be dependent on the individual and how much time it will take to do.

i plan to have my camera there. almost all of the people i know will hunt me down and kill me if i don't get more pictures of an event up. all i have is me after boggle makeup and a shot of some skeleton makeup. not much

I would really like to put up many more pictures in the gallery section but Wraith is right, the Jordan one day sight has never been prime real estate for taking pictures. I will be pushing more of the weekend events :) However there are a few good spots for pictures at the site so hopefully we can get some good shots :)

-Brent

I plan on mostly marshalling this weekend, given the large number of new players we have. I'll stick a camera in my pocket (especially if someone can lend me one with batteries that last longer than 2 minutes...which is all the battery life I get out of mine :( ) and see if I can get some good pictures without anything distracting in the background.

Lol I've already set extra batteries in my car, so assuming I don't forget the camera....

I love the idea of profile pictures and I'm the type who hates having her photo taken. That should say something.

I'll try to remember to bring my camera though it'll take a week or two before I can post any photos, have to order a new external floppy drive. (Yes, my camera really is that old.)

^_^ -SR

get a new camera... floppys are like using papyrus... ;)

And what's wrong with papyrus?

There's a lot to be said for the value of antiques.

But alas, there's a difference between antiques and outdated junk, and outdated junk's value is...lacking. ;)

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder then surely value must be as well.

Do you hate Pacman and Super Mario Bros. too?

Hey, sorry if that came off a bit harsh. I think both I and Gandian (although I can't speak for him for sure) were both just gently joking around. No harm meant.

Floppys are cool to. :)

No offense taken, I know a joke when I read one (or hope I do anyways.) ^_^

Thanks! I will go check those out!

(And to those farther up the page, I was joking with you.)

Back