Fee's, pre-pay, pay no play, etc.

doverman

Spellsword
Several years ago Seattle’s game fees were set considering the site, insurance, and logistical costs at that time. In endeavoring to keep the game as affordable as possible, the event fee for PCs has remained constant. Unfortunately, many of the behind the scenes costs have continued to rise steadily. While so far all of the individual event costs have been met, we have been leaving events with less money then we need to ensure future games. The increases we’ve seen in site cost over the last several years were a primary source of trouble in making and keeping reservations in the last year. To keep up with increasing costs, Alliance Seattle is going to be adopting a few new payment policies.

The first change is to the method that Alliance Seattle accepts payments. Players may now use Paypal to make payments before arriving on site. In the coming weeks, there will be a convenient link to site dates and costs on the Alliance Seattle webpage. For now, players may send pre-payments via their Paypal accounts to allianceseattle@gmail.com. Until the link is active, be sure to include your name, character, and date of event that you are registering for.

The second change is to the event fees. There will be a new category of payments added, for people who register very early via the Paypal method. To qualify for the new lowest price, payment must be received earlier than 2 weeks before the event, the earlier the better. The middle price is for those who meet the pre-reg deadline. The last price is for those who do not notify logistics that they will attend by the pre-reg deadline. Pay no play will always be at the pre-reg price.

The new costs will be:
$46.60/$55/$65 to PC a regular weekend
$72.50/$80/$90 to PC a long weekend

By regular do you mean a Faire day or a weekend event?

Fynwei said:
By regular do you mean a Faire day or a weekend event?

Weekend event. Game days, which are one day games, usually 4-6 hours (faire days?) are $10.

Yeah. we used to have longer ones, and we will again when attendance at game days picks up. Right now we have maybe one or two people who come to game days regularly, so it's kind of hard to do anything too long without killing them... a lot. ;)

Fynwei said:
Hm, that sucks.. well, you can plan on having two most likely regulars to them during the upcoming school year.

\o/! More people is a good thing. And we don't have a defined event season (since one season is much like any other here, just slightly colder or slightly warmer) so you'll have plent of events during the school year as well... if you have time in your busy studies, of course. I presume you are attending out here?

Evergreen is an interesting university. There is a common remark that the further away you are from it the more you like it. It is considered by most parents in the surrounding area as one of their worst horrors if their child ends up going to Evergreen.

However, it is a good facility for those that actually want to learn. In fact, the newest ARC member is an Evergreen graduate and I am sure he could help you with how to best facilitate you education. :)

Alavatar said:
Evergreen is an interesting university. There is a common remark that the further away you are from it the more you like it. It is considered by most parents in the surrounding area as one of their worst horrors if their child ends up going to Evergreen.

However, it is a good facility for those that actually want to learn. In fact, the newest ARC member, Bryan Gregory, is an Evergreen graduate. :)

I think it's "live." It's considered a bit of an alternative university. Very liberal education policies. While I think it is also a very good university, a lot of other parents would prefer their kids would not consider it a possiblity... it has a reputation as "hippy college."

Evergreen is great!

It is normally considered highly by other universities/job places depending on how close you are to it :) It's in the state capitol and the state congressmen/women's greatest fear is that their kids will go to Evergreen. Transfers from Evergreen are dozens of pages long (mine is about 50 pages long if I recall, and I was only there for 2 years since I transferred in with my AA already). The UW (University of Washington) abhors Evergreen transfers since they get many requests and have to go through those long, long transcripts - it drives them insane. On the other hand, if you go to a college back east somewhere you will likely have a reaction of "Wow, from Evergreen? I hear they make dynamic, outside-the-box thinkers!" and they will eagerly check out your long, long transcript. If you're close to Evergreen it's thought of as a lazy hippie school - if you're from a ways away it's thought of as a great institution which develops self-confidence and independent thinking. So you can take your pick of interpretations:)

On a more serious note you get out exactly how much you put in. You can laze through a degree at Evergreen and get nothing useful out of it, or you can design your own program, stick with it, and get a better education than pretty much anywhere else. It's all up to how you choose to do it.

-Bryan

I figured out that the LARP group there is Masquerade... I may have to convert some (or bum a ride, all I'll have there is a bike, and am loathe to think of bringing my full LARP kit on a bus)

Conversion is good. And the fact that a lot of our events occur just south of Olympia means rides shouldn't be too difficult as well.

Just a question about prereg/prepay/etc. How does one go about doing such, I don't have a very good memory so I forget a lot to check boards. I couldn't find all the information to do such. I will be travelling quite a distance to come play and with the financial struggles going on would like to pay the least amount possible. If someone could contact me with this information so i can get my prereg in for sure and prepay, it would be greatly appreciated. My phone number is 630-201-1828 (Chicago area code - 2 hrs ahead of you guys)

Thank you

Matt Nottelmann
Kalin

The pre-pay deadline for the January event was January 2nd, but if you get it in by the 3rd (since no one got back to you in time) it'll be accepted.
What other information do you need that isn't in the first post of this thread?
~Matt

Back