Female High Orc

DracoIam

Spellsword
So I've been search the net for good examples of Female High Orcs but the internet has failed me.

Anyone have some pics of girl Orcs?

Also any tips on differences in male and female Orc behavior and appearances?

How can I make myself look more intimidating?

Here's some stuff I managed to google up for ya that aren't creepy, or cheesecake. The search terms I used where "female orc cosplay" and "female orc costume". You'll probably want safe search on. Yeah... it's for the best.

hallo4.jpg

orque.jpg

rawr.jpg

I really dig this last one. The scar and white contact really make it for me.

Jennie, who does the webcomics Devil's Panties and Geebas on Parade (the LARP comic) plays a high orc.

March 2009 -> marks the evolution from "green-skinned mostly human to":

DSCF2696.JPG

the fist pic Jp posted boaris prosthetic for the win. such a nice piece sadly they tend to rip out after a few uses. If you need a nice but far more durable and cost effective alternative talk to markusdark a pm or check out http://www.larping.net

DracoIam said:
How can I make myself look more intimidating?

Look bigger. It works for animals, it can work for you.
In another game I played what was equivalently a Rhino Scavenger: [url=http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x157/nero_pics/Sweet%20Nero%20Props/?action=view&current=Rhino-DeviaJanuary2010.jpg]http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x157 ... ry2010.jpg[/url]
NPCs would regularly tell me after the game that me charging at them was one of the most intimidating things they'd ever experienced at a larp, and I've only ever gotten that reaction in this costume. (I play a fighter in Alliance, too, and almost never get that.) One of my primary goals when creating the costume was to look as large as possible, so I've got lots of shoulder additions, a big mask, baggy clothing, and as large a weapon/shield combination as possible (yes, that's a way over max size shield for Alliance, and yes, that's a flail, and yes, that's two additional bucklers on top of that, but this was a legal style in the game I was playing). So, definitely look big. Baggy clothing and big shoulders go a long ways towards that goal, and if you don't have a big mask to make your head look bigger, you may want to consider a big hat/headdress.

I also suggest acting big. Stop around, talk too loudly, and don't ever shy away from an opportunity to act way more tough then you are. Even if you're third level, if you act like you're thirtieth level, people might just buy it.

There are reasons why business women wear heals and jackets with shoulder pads. Appearing taller, broader of shoulder, and just generally bigger are the same ways our primate cousins posture and intimidate each other. They speak to our inner ape when we do them.

So, follow Matt's advice. Bulk up the shoulders with armor... try to extend out past your arm a little, but not so much as to look ridiculous. You have to keep the general humanoid line/shape. If you can find a boot with a heal that's safe enough for you to play in, wear it. A head-dress will also help.

As a female, I might also make a few additions around the hips; either attaching things to my belt or wearing armor that emphasized the hips without bulking up the waist. Combine that with roleplay of being very protective of something. It gives a widened hip effect, which with the roleplay translates to "has babies" and that, too, speaks to a primal level; you don't get between a mother and her cubs.

well there is intimidating and then there is this:
60532_10150287581515641_535900640_14853703_4624721_n.jpg

sometimes a big hammer is all it takes. and there have been a number of times that that hammer has been adorned with NPC face paint. unintentional i am sure, people just need to stop trying to duck body blows.

To increase my 'size' I will be salvaging a pair of my hockey shoulder pads and attaching fur using Hook & Loop to attach it over them.
Should give a more muscled shoulder look that I am after.

jpariury said:
Here's some stuff I managed to google up for ya that aren't creepy, or cheesecake. The search terms I used where "female orc cosplay" and "female orc costume". You'll probably want safe search on. Yeah... it's for the best.

hallo4.jpg

orque.jpg

rawr.jpg

I really dig this last one. The scar and white contact really make it for me.

Let it be known that if I ever met the last orc there in person, i'd likely bow down and worship her as though she were a goddess, that is by far the BEST costume of an orcish female I have ever seen in my life considering how natural she made it appear to be.

Back