Fighting Words Poetry Contest

Tuli

Fighting Words Contest

Sponsored by: Rosen Capital Poetry Council​

Run by: The Poet Laureate of Gavaria, Ophelia Hamlet​

All are invited to enter in the Fighting Words Contest. Everyone is limited to no more the 3 Haiku poems with your name upon them. Anonymous poems are encouraged but are not eligible for the prize.

Entries will be collected during the upcoming market showcased on a display for everyone to see.

⦁ 3 Haiku entries from one author can contest for the prize.
⦁ Names must be on the poem to collect the prize. Anonymous poems are welcome too!
⦁ Nature and fighting references are encouraged in Fighting Words contest but not necessary.
⦁ Offer an intriguing insight from certain person, place or recent adventure in Gavaria
⦁ Playful banter between territories may result in bonus points
⦁ Any real offense duel must be brought to council’s attention or poem could be disqualified.

Typically a Haiku follows a 5-7-5 syllable form with no more than 17 syllables.
Examples of Haiku:

The Bish from Atish
Once made a call to Passwall
Ghosting her lover.

By: Basic Starbukens

After the battle….
Salty moonlight on his side
Of our once shared bed

By: Drama McGee

A carpe, a dreaming
Fish sleep well in vacant homes
Hydrate or Die-drate

By: Bruhden Dangfern

Last edited:
Good Poet Laureate,

Where should we submit this poesy?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
Keeper of The Tainted Grove

Good Dramathin Hartsboon of Prademar University and Keeper of The Tainted Grove,

There will be parchment set aside near blue lights in the tavern. One will take a piece of paper, write their poem and then hang it on the line of blue lights with the provided for wooden clasp. If the contest becomes very popular there will be a magical sticky paper that will be provided to adhere to the required line.

There will be a quill and pot of ink provided. Please return these tools once finished using them.

A contestant may use their own paper and writing tools as well.

Thank you for your question,

Ophelia Hamlet

I will not be able to attend but would love for you to consider this:

Spend Money Spend Spend
Gold Silver and Plat
Gifts for Friends Treasured

-Heinricht

A man of fine taste. I will be sponsoring a small prize for the great Ophelia to distribute as well. The arts are just as important as Iron, Copper or even Moridium.

I missed you at market late last year. I hope May doesn’t repeat that missed encounter.

Simon Garrett
Head of Garrett Trading Company

Dear Simon,

Your patronage to the arts is a gift to us all.

Thank you

Dear Heinricht,

Your poem will be written out and placed among the entries. Thank you for sharing your words.

Sincerely,
Ophelia

Last edited:
Back