Filking the alliance

Sir Wynn

Hello everybody, it's summer and the time when nearly middle-aged larpers' minds turn to filking. I had previously written Zanicars version of "Don't cry for me Argentina" and "More than nerds" to the tune of "more than words" by Extreme, but I find myself unwilling to merely rest in the glory of past hits and the urge is upon me to filk again. There is, however, one hurtle: in order to extract maximum entertainment value from a song it should be one familiar to the target audience... thats you, so I would like recommendations of familiar songs that folks would like to hear filked, especially Alli-LARP-filked or Deadlands-filked.
Thank you for your potential cooperation...
Ben / Sir Wynn

Dancing Queen by ABBA

Or...

Me and my Bobby McGee the Janis version

OR

Margaritaville

Filk away...

::never heard the word filking, was unsure if Ben was doing dirty things for a bit:::

I'd request 'smooth criminal' but I expect it's been done.

I'd rather like to hear you adjust The Hockey Song (Hit Somebody) by Warren Zevon. I can send you a copy of the song if you lack it, through perfectly legitimate channels (I won't mention the smuggling! I promise!).

We think that you should put "Summer Wine" in your book if you haven't already. Nothing like a good old Hollow favorite!

Deb

Thank you everyone for the ammo,i'll get cracken and see what comes of these wonderful suggestions,of course more are welcome.Love Ben

This string makes me wonder if anyone other than me remembers the words to Deric's fae cleaving song...maybe I should submit a module to plot with the lyrics as treasure...

Dyketheory said:
This string makes me wonder if anyone other than me remembers the words to Deric's fae cleaving song...maybe I should submit a module to plot with the lyrics as treasure...

OH yes. It's been way too long since we've heard that beauty. And thinking about how plot has been going....

Back