Final Wishes

hbirdgirl

My friends,

As you know we have lost many of the past two years, and now we are off to face a new threat, and it is possible that more lives will be lost in our next effort.

In case it comes to that, and not to be morbid, but prepared; I have begun collecting letters containing final wishes of friends, so that they may be honored as appropriate to their personal traditions, and to avoid some of the confusion that comes with the loss of a friend.

If you would like your wishes recorded, you may either seek me out in person to write them down, deliver them to me, or seek me privately in my dreams.

Your friend,
Orin Sylvanus

Orin,
This is an amazing idea. I have already made my own preparations but many among us, have not. I suggest you all listen to our wise dryad, friend.
-Alcandar

Bleh. If Bones falls in battle for his final death, all I want is a giant party to celebrate my many deeds. Also... I can't write... so I can't make you the letter you are asking.

Bones

Friend Thousand Bones,

I would be happy to write one for you. To tell others that you would want a celebration with stories of the things you have done and the memories those have of you. Perhaps beer and song?

This is also a good way to make sure that any rituals of your people are followed {weapons/trophies buried/burned with the fallen, etc.} or for you to say who you would want to pass things on to in order to bestow honor or carry on your legacy.

It is entirely up to you if you wish others to know what you would like should you fall. And if I am still standing if that happens, and you do not have your final wishes recorded, I will make sure a celebration is held in your honor at the very least.

-Amory

Bah! Things are just things. If I were to lose my sword, I would just find another one. If my armor is blown up in some crazy explosion, then so be it... I will kill a troll and steal his. *shrugs* I care not for items... I would let anyone of you use my things and if you really needed it, I would give it to you. As long as Bones can protect himself, that is.

Bones would want there to be a big party. No tears. Only cheers. No mourning. Only drinking! Though, I would make sure you cheered so loud it woke the dead. If I were to fall in battle, I would like to see my friends one last time before going to the battlefield of spirits. You know, for moral support.... NOT that I need it. It would just be nice.

Bones

Bones,
I will note your wishes in the book. Thank you.
Orin

Oh yeah! My tribe has this... ethereal drink that only the dead can consume. It prepares a warrior for his final step into the aether battle. When a warrior dies, and if he is honorable and powerful enough in the eyes of the Elders, then the shaman and seer will cast the ritual of farewell... and they will make this drink for the fallen warrior to consume. But it is hard to come by from what my mother told me. I mean, you would need to gather up the skull of a powerful undead. You know, like a Liche or a Deathknight. Out of that skull (or skulls) you grind it into a meal that you use to create the ceramic tankard. Then you need the essence of a wraith, a berzeker potion, blood of a hated enemy and the tears of a mourning woman.

Wow. I am asking a lot. I should gather these things and keep them on me, just in case I do die!

Bones

Back