Finally! Terminology settled.

Nerd_Dork_Geek_Venn_Diagram.jpg

I myself was a Dweeb. Then things shifted and now I'm a Geek. Amazing how bar hopping fixes that whole social ineptitude aspect.

I'm not sure if the jocks in my high school should be considered experts i always heard that geeks were dumb nerds. Even though the words were interchangeable much of the time. It's interesting because I'm currently teaching some of these vocabulary words to English learners. The focus has to be on how the words are used by native speakers. With nerd there was always the implication of intelligence. With geek there often was (but not always - some geeks were not that bright).

Nerds are smart...I'm a Dork ;)

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I couldn't give a crap about thes labels any more.

Scott

If I'm right and Mike's graphic is wrong, you could be a geek too.
Gilwing said:
Nerds are smart...I'm a Dork ;)

I have been called all 4 of the middle ones...I have no Idea why I would have social Ineptitude...And I'm sure I'm not obsessed...but I know I am intelligent on a certain level. Hmmm.

Eh, I'm president of my school's Gamer's club, but surprisingly I hardly ever get called any names unless I'm referring to myself. lol.

Now that's Interesting. My result is -

Joe Normal: 43 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 22% Dork

Back