Focus Mechanics

Feldor

Adept
So you've read the subject, which mechanic do you think I'm talking about?

It turns out we introduced _two_ mechanics in 2.0 that are both named focus. Perhaps it'd be better if one of them was renamed.

Focus Mechanic or Channeling Focus

Honestly, I like "Focus" for the mechanic where you spend time focusing on something. It describes the mechanic pretty intuitively.

I'd probably change the one that is an item used by casters. I'd suggest "Talisman" as an option, but also like Ken's suggestion of "Implement". We could also do "Focus Item", but that might be unnecessarily long.

I personally like Talisman, as regardless of magic school - the term can apply generally and be further separated out for increased clarification if needed.

Hiya folks!

After some discussion, we agree that we'd prefer to not have two mechanics (even if distinctly different) with the same names. With that in mind, we'll be renaming the Focus objects used in Channeling to Channeling Sources. Specifically:

"Channeling Source" for long form, "Source" for short form, "Wand" for a Celestial-specific Source, and "Relic" for an Earth-specific Source.

This will be updated when a new rev of the packet is released shortly to fix the various typos and such that have been collected, as well as the final rulebook.

Thanks,
Bryan Gregory
ARC Chair

Note that the "2.0 Item-Scroll-Production Helper" doc has now been updated to use the Source verbiage instead of Focus (where appropriate). This affected 3 Rituals: Explosive Demise, Enhanced Focus, and Greater Focus.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Back