foliage for dryad costume

I think itd work. if you can hide the metal bits. Any worked metal makes dryads incomfortable.

I would like to point out in the rulebook it talks about rivets in armor in the racial description, quote below:

"Processed metal of any type generates discord within dryads and they therefore tend to shy away from metal weapons or metal armor. A few little gold coins in a pouch may not be much of a bother, nor would metal rivets in leather, but a metal bracer wrapped around the forearm would feel extremely, distractingly uncomfortable. It is not just the iron content of any particular metal that bothers the dryads. It's the manipulation of the mineral through heating, melting and forging that throws off its "energy," generating discord to any dryad who is near it. The level of discord becomes unmanageable when the quantity of metal is large enough to serve as armor."

Ventrella, Michael A. (2009-03-11). ALLIANCE (Kindle Locations 1616-1620). Double Dragon eBooks. Kindle Edition.

Going for as little metal as possible is always best, but I do have two few belt buckles in my costume, and they don't cause me any RP discomfort. Though I also make a distinct effort to carry as little coin as possible, and what coin I do have is wrapped in a small leather pouch inside a bigger pouch, so as to conceal it as much as possible.

As far as I've seen, the amount that metal bothers you can also be an IG RP decision. I know there are certain dryads who did not awaken very peacefully, and are thus given bad headaches when even close to metal... but perhaps if you are young, or had a very peaceful awakening, you can touch a coin for a moment and feel a dull burn and get only a slight headache. If I touch a coin, I get a sharp pain... but I don't get a headache unless I do something like accidentally hug someone wearing chain mail. I think the variety of interpretation makes for fun RP :)

As far as the general look of that - I'd say it is certainly an awesome base for a dryad costume, but as you said, do add some more "fake" vines/leaves that would serve as real leaves IG. If I saw you wearing that in-game, I would would probably interpret it as leather armor crafted in the shape of a leaf (because you love the forest, rightfully!), but I wouldn't think it was an actual leafy part of you. Similarly, I wear a leafy top that (IG) I consider an article of clothing that was crafted from leaves, but I also have leaves in my hair and vines on my arms that I consider to be naturally growing from me.

Hope that helps! :) Also, if I am assuming correctly, you are a new player this season? And you look to be playing a dryad?? :D Can't wait to meet you!!

KialdaLoa yes I am new player this season, and yes I am looking to play a dryad, love the ideas that can be done, i.e. my idea is a combo of native american/dr who/shaman/druid. It should play our very interesting, and I look forward to coming to first game.

Back