Food and Drink for ingame coin

Good afternoon all,

I have been kicking around the idea for a number of years, about running a place for food a drink (not nessarily stepping on a taverns toes) and maybe run some card games. I was curious if people would like or dislike the idea of paying ingame money for food and drink. If you would be for it, what would you think you would be willing to pay for said items. For example:

Cheeseburger
Grilled Cheese
Egg and cheese sandwich
drinks in bottles or cans
drinks in in gamish cups (if people have a preference)

I would love to see if this idea would catch on, be worth and and honestly be desired by the community at large. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks,

Kevin Green

Fake money for real food is the best deal ever. I don't speak for everyone, but I know a lot of people would definitely be interested in having food readily available at game. Deb and company are already fairly burdened by trying to feed all of us at events. I imagine relieving her of some of that work would be helpful.

You'd absolutely have to check with Brian and Deb before using any kind of grill, and the only kitchen on site is the one in the house :)

Same with food storage, you'll have to check with them for refrigerator space.

Thanks for the feedback folks, it is appreciated.

First and foremost, I would absolutely check with all the potential stake holders in the game, to make sure this is not only allowed but also doable. My intent would be to do everything via coolers and hot plates, especially making an effort to reduce the need to rinse anything out...Cleaning a hot plate is easy enough with a bucket and a rag, but having to wash dishes does not make things neat and tidy the way i would want it to be. My thoughts right now would be lunch/dinner grilled cheese, dogs and maybe burgers with lots of options for cheese slices and meats to go on them. Basically alot of cool tasty options, with minimal needs for a *ton* of supplies. Might do pancakes in the mornings or makybe sandwiches. Other than that, i would think drinks of whatever type seem to work well for people and maybe some snack stuff.

Anyway, likely more information than anyone wanted or needed =) But that gives people an idea of what I was thinking...We had something like this at another game I played and I have to say, coming off a module at 1AM and getting a crsipy gooey grilled cheese was pretty awesome and with my endurance for fighting going down, this could be a really cool way to spend some time having fun cooking and RPing with people.

Do either of you have an idea of what you would be willing to pay for some items mentioned? For instance:

Grilled cheese with bacon, your choice of four cheeses - Is 1 gold way out of line for something like that in you opinions?

There is also the option of asking for cost in RL money and then something ingame...So like if my cost would be $.50 for a grilled cheese, to charge $.50 and 5 silver ( if I am remembering 10 silver to 1 gold is the right calculation)

Does anyone know if the in game area where the tents were this past weekend has any electricity out there? If not, has anyone inquired about running an extension cord? If so, i was thinking I would be able to put a canopy up out there with a couple coolers and a hot plate or two and thats really all I would need.

@Gary and Staff- Does this sound like something that could be worked out with the way the site is set up and if so, would you guys be open to it?

Anyone who has any feedback or ideas or comments positive or negative, I would welcome all of it!

Kev

Sorry Kevin,
But we do not have the electrical set up for this kind of thing ......and the food we serve on the site is in period type foods.....hot dogs and burgers do not fit this type of thing ...
Site rules
no open flame
no extra plug in or electrical Item plugged in anywhere on the site ( really the only electrical hook up are in the tavern and the house)
Sorry But I can not open up my house for dishes to be washed and such it just doesn't work out ( Tried that one)
storage is very limited
and I keep track of peoples food allergies, Diet need and such,
to make and donate food for the tavern to sell and maybe some things for npc camp please run it by me (Tavern wise) and I guess Jenna & Mike npc camp(not sure about how they work it)
Any food brought in for the tavern must have the recipe with it all ingredients listed ..........we have a few Allergy issues......
site property owner
deb

Donations of Food to NPC camp:

NPCs will eat just about anything. The only major rule is that NPC camp we try to keep it a peanut free zone. Feel free to eat peanuts to your heart's content outside of NPC camp but inside NPC camp no peanuts...

Great NPC camp food donations are:
granola bars
gatorade powder or bottles (but hey, let's try to help the environment a little bit by reducing plastic bottle use if we can)
meat sticks like slim jims
apples
pears
chips
oatmeal cream pies (i think sean gives out magic items for these)
individually wrapped snacks
paper cups
donuts
box o joe coffee
cookies
or just buying pizzas for everyone
or taco bell for everyone

but pretty much the NPCs are grateful for whatever they get fed

Deb and Melissa and the crew make really good meals for Saturday night and they take into account us vegetarians and those of us with a list of allergies a mile long.

So yeah...any donations for NPC camp are definitely welcome

PS...that was a joke..sean does NOT give out magic items for oatmeal cream pies....

yet

Back