Food/Kitchen/Meals - April 2017

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
So I wanted to make one post about the food situation for our April opener. We are trying something different than past years because of the change in costs of the site and how they run their kitchen. This is all a test and will be taking feedback and altering it based on how it goes this weekend.

First, each of the six cabins have full kitchens in them including refrigerators. If you are staying there, you are more than welcome to use those kitchens but you need to bring your own cooking supplies (pots/pans/plates/etc). The people in the cabins are responsible for keeping them clean throughout the weekend and at the end of the event. Remember, we have to share these cabins with 23 other players. :) If you are not staying in one of those cabins and you'd like to use a kitchen, feel free to reach out to some of the player base and we can work something out or contact me.

Breakfast will be offered to all NPCs out of game. Jesse is picking up supplies to feed the NPCs breakfast that will be in the NPC cabin throughout the weekend. NPCs, please save these for breakfast and be kind to your other NPC and plot members. While there will be enough food for all NPCs and staff that pre-reg, these are not meant to be for late night snacking.

We are offering a catered dinner (by the site) on Saturday night. It will be $8 and served in the Town Hall (main tavern area). There is a paypal button on the website for this option. All NPCs that pre-reg will get dinner for free.

We will be also offering what I'm calling "tavern coins". These can be bought for $1 each and are usable for exchange for food in the tavern. They cannot be stolen IG, they are an OOG item. Jack will be running what we are calling "The Deepest Jug" out of the Town Hall. He will be accepting IG coins for drinks and tavern coins for food. PB&J, soup, fruit, chips will all be one tavern coin. Grilled Cheese will be 2 tavern coins. All NPCs that pre-reg will receive 2 tavern coins for snacks throughout the day on Saturday.

Q: Will NPCs be fed?

A: Yes. NPCs will be fed 2 out of game breakfasts in NPC camp as well as they will get the catered dinner as well in the Town Hall on Saturday. In addition, we will be giving NPCs 2 Tavern coins so that they can get a snack or lunch on Saturday, something that we haven't been able to provide in the past.

Q: What is the menu for the catered dinner?

A: Roast Chicken Leg Quarter, Rice Pilaf, Steamed Vegetables, Dinner roll, Green Tossed salad w/ Ranch or Italian Dressing, Dessert, lemonade.

Q: What are the IG hours of the tavern?

A: The "Deepest Jug" will be run out of the town hall from 11-4. We may extend these hours, but it's based on how much food we have and the staffing that we have. For now we are guaranteeing the above hours.

Q: How are we managing the logistics of the "Tavern Coins"?

A: We are going to try a laminated punch card system that will track how many Tavern Coins you have as well as if you purchased the catered dinner. You will receive this punch card at check-in. We are going to put your name and date on the card in case you lose it so we can easily return it to you.

Q: What do I do with extra "coins" after the game?

A: They carry over! You can turn in any unused punches in your card in with your logistics card and you will get those the very next game.

Q: Can I buy tavern coins ahead of time?

A: Yes! There is a PayPal button on the website for the Tavern Coins where you can buy as many as you'd like.

Q: Can I buy tavern coins on site?

A: Yes, you will be able to but only when Logistics is open. Bring cash to Mac at Logistics and he can issue cards or talk to me (Assistant GM).

Q: What is the tea house I keep hearing about?

A: The Tea House is an entirely player run in game establishment that provides hot tea and sometimes snacks to our players. It will also be setup near the Town Hall (I believe on the porch overhang area). It is entirely player run and please go visit it.

Q: What is IG reasons for these changes?

A: If you read the latest version of the Acarthian Times, New Acarthia went through some trouble over the winter and the area near Deepjug Tavern is being rebuilt. For now we are using the Town Hall district.

Q: What are the OOG reasons for these changes?

A: There were a lot of pieces that we had to balance to get a food plan for this season. Cost, camp policies, feeding NPCs, staffing resources, etc. This will be an ongoing system that we will tweak as we see how it goes from month to month. Hopefully we can come up with a system that addresses all the concerns that players have. As always, if you need more information or have questions/concerns, please e-mail acarthiangm@gmail.com.

Last edited:
If you are looking to allow Banking of tavern coins between events, and tavern coins are equivalent to 1$, Would 1$ coins also be accepted in liu of tavern coins?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I don't know how much we want to deal with real money..I'm a little afraid of it getting stolen..but it's an interesting idea. I could just get a bunch of $1 real coins and we could use those. Let me think it over and talk to Jesse.

These can be bought for $1 each and are usable for exchange for food in the tavern. They cannot be stolen IG.

Sounds like a challenge

Hah Thorgrim! :p

I know you are kidding, but for real, if these are taken, we will treat it like real theft of money (just need to be clear to people). :)

Hah Thorgrim! :p

I know you are kidding, but for real, if these are taken, we will treat it like real theft of money (just need to be clear to people). :)

Duly noted, no stealing people's lunch money, just stick around and steal their lunch instead. ;)

A point against using real $1 coins is that they could be easily mixed up with other IG coin, especially in the dark which means you'd pretty much have to keep them in separate pouches. I'd vote for something more like a poker chip for tavern coin to make it easily distinguishable.

Many places I've played used punch-cards (they just marked the boxes with a pen to "use" the slot) signed off by management rather than minting extra "coins" or carrying real cash. Easy, simple, nearly cost-free.

Great ideas. Please keep them coming, I can't think of all these eventualities.

I apologize if I'm being dense, and I missed this somewhere. I'm still not clear on where lunch is served, or who's cooking it. Where does one spend these Tavern Coins to get a sammich or something?

Thanks,
Trace

No problem Trace, I can answer.

"Jack will be running what we are calling "The Deepest Jug" out of the Town Hall. He will be accepting IG coins for drinks and tavern coins for food. PB&J, soup, fruit, chips will all be one tavern coin. Grilled Cheese will be 2 tavern coins. All NPCs that pre-reg will receive 2 tavern coins for snacks throughout the day on Saturday."

Right now the hours are 11-4 for certain, but we are going to try hard for a late night shift as well for late night snacks to keep us going.

Hey folks,

There is no nice way to say this, but please know that this is a new situation for us all to adapt to. We have mentioned this in the past, but now, we are incredibly serious. People are still trying to pay for dinner...
For those of you who have sent me money for dinner as of Monday night or later, or signed up to NPC as of Monday night or later, please know that the food has already been purchased for this event by our new outside source and you might not be able to receive a dinner meal at 6pm. If you fall into this category of late payment (I even got you Sunday late folks into the cue because you may not have seen the post about the new event registration deadline), please bring extra food just in case we run out. In addition, I am going to have to ask you to kindly remain in the rear of the line if you paid on Monday or later. I am even going to be the last one in line so that one of you may have my meal! In addition, I will be buying some extra extra frozen food to be kept in the NPC fridge solely for those people who may be affected by this.

Please help us all out and register in a timely fashion in the future.

Thank you !

Jesse

On the note of kitchens and eating, I know I have heard that each cabin has it's own kitchenette. Do we have any sort of rules policy about these? Do we know how well stocked they are with things like pots/pans flatware? Do they have stoves and sinks, or just microwave and fridge

On the note of kitchens and eating, I know I have heard that each cabin has it's own kitchenette. Do we have any sort of rules policy about these? Do we know how well stocked they are with things like pots/pans flatware? Do they have stoves and sinks, or just microwave and fridge

Stove, sink, microwave, fridge. No pots/pans that I'm aware of. They're fully-usable though.

Also no sponges or dishsoap, so bear that in mind if you bring your own pots, dishes, and so forth. Just bring everything.

And please if you use a kitchen in a cabin, please help clean it up after the event.

Back