Forbidden Fruit Event Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

mythic

Baron
REMINDER: IBGA'S ARE DUE Sunday May 19th
**NPCs - Do not post here. Let us know if you had any highlights or concerns in the NPC FB group. Thanks! **

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character
5. Please add your thoughts on things we need to review for the 2.0 ruleset

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews for 2.0 get you 25 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

1. Basically the entirety of the Wayanwood events on Saturday night. Also, being chased on Sunday morning was a blast.
2. Can't think of anything off the top of my head, although it would have been hilarious if I'd been allowed to teach Wayanwood Earth casting.
3. Event-long tasks like the puzzle in Dwevdi's Annex; great to go do when you've got 20 minutes or half an hour to kill, even if you're not exactly great at the task itself.
4. Phalaenopsis clutched the apple and halfheartedly identified the potions and alchemy placed in front of him. His companions were talking, but their voices seemed far away and indistinct, and he wasn't sure that he was announcing the identified items loudly enough for them to hear, nor did he care if they were paying attention; he kept playing over the scene in his mind, suppressing feelings of guilt and shame, and pushing back memories he'd spent the last year trying to absolve himself of guilt over. He barely acknowledged that their discussion had ended, grabbed a handful of the unclaimed potions and placed the precious apple into his box, burying it under the contents for reasons he couldn't quite articulate. As they made to leave the tavern, to place the apple someplace safer, a Rodenzi blocked the door and demanded something. Phal clutched the box protectively and stood behind his companions, still mostly lost in his own thoughts, until he heard (or maybe felt?) a spell of Chaos, and the world blurred. His hands tightened around the box, blood pounded in his ears, and he felt little else but white-hot rage; his vice grip on the box kept him grounded, but his thoughts flashed repeatedly to the pouch of poison gas on his belt, and it was only when he heard the death cry of the rat that he gained some semblance of his surroundings again. The box felt hot and rough in his hands, the rat lay dead, and things felt... a little more right. He kicked the corpse, an act that didn't do much besides make him feel better, and went out into the night.
5. As a personal thing, I really need to get a better handle on the new 2.0 Rituals; otherwise, I think the rules are great, and it's just the learning curve that people are struggling with.

Actually being a semi effective speed bump for Evo in the Sunday town battle. I actually hit Cory's with enough to get his attention! Not sure that ever happened before. Not entirely sure that was a good thing in the end...
Well, my dismount from the Sunday town battle was somewhat less graceful than what I had hoped to be... :(
Ongoing tasks that use little NPC resources like the puzzle, and low level skirmishes mixed in with the roll the town big battles. They may have been there this weekend, I just may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Myhkus wandered about the courtyard of the Lux. Bemused by both those newly met and those he had encountered before. The cry kept going out to kill those who attempted to claim the golden apple, but few took steps to act on it. Most seemed reluctant to strike the first blow. Noble but foolish. In a well fought fight there was not second blow!
I just need to remember the new defenses in the excitement of combat. I was slept in a near TPK with an unused defense sitting in my pocket. Doh!

1. -The Saturday night mod! Being the first human that Wayanwood got to meet was pretty neat, as was seeing the point where he decided to become an earth caster.
-The Sunday morning fight! Oh so much fun, even with the lack of NPCs.
-Finally having someone to teach! Even though it's not in the sanctum.
-The roleplay with Diggs was a lot of fun.
-Going with Tengu through to the pocket realm. Dealing with the undead there was a turning point for Ruki in the war, I feel. Realizing you can't save everyone...
-Being legit scared for my life at points! All day Saturday I was getting my *** kicked and needed a handful of life-spells. Mana, with the double tap, was scary.
-The friendly necromancer! I kinda felt bad for pouring his potions on the ground. but it was funny to me.
-Actually using pretty much the entirety of my spell list.
-Players getting better at sharing information and loot. Getting to the point where we're giving away stuff (like the ritual to Helena on Sunday morning)... makes it feel like 'something' is coming that we have to prepare for.

2. -Not game related but... being sick. I appreciate everyone not treating me like a leper.
-The lack of Earth Weavers and Sanctum members. There's barely any of either guild each weekend anymore (I think we had 2 EW and 3 AS members), I'm wondering if combining the two guilds might be beneficial.
-Really... lack of players period. Although from what I understand a bunch of new players are coming for June which should be nice. Not sure what else we can do to convince people to come out. Facebook advertising?
-People not remembering if they had charm bracelets/not playing Enslavement correctly. I think that could have been a fun/scary wrinkle on Sunday.

3. -I had a thought... the tavern is a big space. I wonder if we cut it in half (like during bad weather/colder months) and have a mod area, and then a smaller eating/gathering area? That way people aren't so spread out during meal time and can converse!
-I know it couldn't be helped this month, but NPCs coming through!

4. The undead were lecturing Tengu and his crew about what they were protecting, how it was too powerful and could never be used. Ruki looked to Tengu, "Will this help us in the fight against Al'Zoon?" His friend responded in the affirmative. The adept drew his sword, knowing what must be done. While these undead were peaceful, they would NOT stand in the way of a potential power for the war to come. It was an easy choice this time around... but would it when the next people are living?

5. I super appreciate the Charm clarification on Facebook.

-The lack of Earth Weavers and Sanctum members. There's barely any of either guild each weekend anymore (I think we had 2 EW and 3 AS members), I'm wondering if combining the two guilds might be beneficial.

You mean like the HO almost all the time? :)

the waynwood mod hands down.
literally, don't have any.
This is a hard thing to answer because While the npc camp may have been light this event the quality rp made up for it. actually in my opinion maybe this would be something id like to see more of. I like when full on you could die in this moment situations are defused by good rp. so maybe more mods where rp is the goal over combat.
Calan sat in the tavern next to Phalaenopsis; sporadic tears rolled down his face each one burning his eye sockets. the sounds of the last few hours replayed through his head over and over. there were only two other times he felt this useless, the last time he saw his family, and when he traveled with Jinn to the nightmare realm. he knew there was nothing he could do to comfort his friend to his right, but he could feel his anguish in the very air. he wanted his eyes back, maybe things would have been different if he could have been able to see. Waynwoods voice echoed in his mind. he should have stayed behind he thought. even if it killed him he didn't deserve to be alive. Was it his fate he wondered to let those around him down over, and over again?
Phalaenopsis leaves the tavern to go and secure the apple. some people mention something to Phal but Calan doesn't really make it out it all just sounds like mumbling. Calan made his way to the fire pit. what if he wondered, what if hed let go and stepped back. could he have made up for his inability?
nothing really comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back