Formal Introduction

Korgoth

Hi, my name is Drew. Some of you may have met me before, though I doubt you'll remember. I know I've been to one of your LARP events before though I can't remember how long it's been (almost two years I think). I just wanted to put this out there for those of you that frequent this forum and will be at the events so you can be like "Hey, it's that one guy!" and not "Who's this jackass?"

Let's see, I find it hard to pin myself down with labels (I think it should be for everyone) so I'm just going to ramble a bit.

The only thing I really throw all of myself into is working out. When I don't workout for a while I get sad. And I like to eat healthy. For some reason, once I started eating healthy stuff like donuts and potato chips just didn't sound appetizing any more. I sound like a 'Jock' so far right? Sorry, I hate sports. I'm not competitive in the least. I might pay to run a 5k if it's a good cause, and I might even come in at the top 25% of my age group, but when I'm running it's just me out there. Besides that I play a couple computer games. Mostly single player stuff Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, Amnesia (Haven't finished it yet, too scary). I tried WoW, TF2, and a couple other online games but I don't like how people behave online. So, for multiplayer I opt for tabletop gaming like Carcassonne or Catan, and although I've never been able to 'finish' a D&D campaign I still hope to one day. When i play RPGs I prefer archetypes like the Fighter or Barbarian (Not a Tank, but high melee damage output) [Que flashback to one of my lvl 16 Half-Orc Frenzied Berserker's many insane stunts that almost got him killed but turned the tide of battle (yeah, his name was Korgoth too)], but I make sure to practice with other types just to get a better understanding of my enemy/ally. You may have noticed that I have a particular fondness of the Fantasy genre. It's the same for me when it comes to books and movies too, but I've branched out more recently into stuff like Super Heroes, Zombies, Sci-Fi, and Crime Drama. However, as much as I love to escape into fiction, I love reality too. Science is amazing to me. I love to think about stuff like this: "The most astounding fact [about the universe] is the knowledge that the atoms that comprise life on Earth, the atoms that make up the human body, are traceable to the crucibles that cooked light elements into heavy elements in their core, under extreme temperatures and pressure ... So now, when I look up at the night sky, yes, I know that we are a part of this universe, we are in this universe. But perhaps more important than both of those facts ... is that the universe is in us." -Neil DeGrasse Tyson; Astrophysicist. What it means to me is that we are the universe experiencing itself. That fact alone is a total head trip for me. By the way, I'm not trying to be "deep" or anything. Just turning the filter off. I know for a fact I'm not the only person in the world to have an interesting thought once in a while. ... Changing topics. For some reason I have yet to apprehend, I am a very awkward social being. I try my best to spin the awkwardness into a positive and just play off of it, but when that backfires it's really embarrassing. Since I started exercising, though, I've gained a lot more confidence. I can even hold a conversation with a group of strangers for almost a full fifteen minutes.

Okay, well; I'm out of steam. Going to throw this up there and go fetch dinner.

Looking forward to meeting you all. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJGk4ofc18[/youtube]

Your going to fit right in! :thumbsup:

It's a pleasure to meet you, Drew! I'm Kristin, utili-staff member. I'm in charge or taking care of...well, anything that needs to be taken care of. I just like to help people. I'll be NPCing so I hope you enjoy beating me up and I look forward to meeting you in person! Enjoy the event! It should be pretty fun!

Kristin :)

Back