Foundation blow + precise blow

dontneednoname

Marshal
If I were to combine Foundation Blow with Precise Blow would the result be “30 spellstrike body” in place of “30 spellstrike flame” if I were using a sixth level evocation bolt as my signature spell?

Huh.

I guess it would be, though I think the intent behind precise blow is that it is used on weapon attacks, not weapon delivered spell attacks.

Stack it with combined strike for “30 arcane strike body” for extra hilarity!

It adds a good amount of utility to an earth spellsword in giving them a damage option that isn’t necromantic, albeit at the cost of giving up a foot (at least) of reach.

Oooo. That's a dirty combo. I like it.

What are you talking about, giving up reach, use a bow.

I actually don't believe these to be combinable. Foundation Blow turns a spell into a spellstrike (or an arcane strike). You can't normally combine martial moves with a spell.

You don't get to add your prof damage to Foundation Blow (or Combined Strike), which is why I think you can modify it in any way.

I agree that they cannot be combined and that there is precedent for this from prior rulings.

Foundation Strike converts a weapon qualifier attack to a spell qualifier attack, which would render it ineligible for Precise Blow. It also converts a “spell in memory” to a “spellstrike,” which renders it ineligible for Enhance Signature Spell or other abilities that can combine with a spell in memory.

Interestingly, I think this would also render it ineligible to be used with Riposting Blow, which allows a “weapon swing.”

If the intent is that RB could be used for a FS, but not Precise Blow, then I think some wording needs to be updated.

Back