Four Day Event Favorites

Durnic

Knight
Holy hell where do I begin?

• Being vampire charmed after about 15 minutes in-game.
  • The scene with Heartdrinker, Kasuni, Killian, Frayten and myself. Very tense. Very awesome.
  • Ben as Heart tearing *** after Heartrdrinker at the conclusion of the scene mentioned above and just going to town on the Skree. I think they still got away but I was envious that he got to hit them and I didn't. :(
  • So much amazing RP the entire weekend overall. I know this one is kind of a cop-out but it's true!
  • Having the Lord of Echoes get to "Killing Blow 2" on me before an onslaught of spells and weapon strikes made him stop long enough for someone to Endow and get me out of there.
  • The puzzle mod was intense. Thank you NPCs for making that one memorable!
  • The Skree trying to take the Oakpalm banner. I might have to make that a magic item so it has a tag just to see what people try to do with it.
  • Slice telling Cael "for better or worse, you're on my radar" and then offering me a drink.
  • Gabe coming out of nowhere as a spider in the middle of the night, entangling me and nearly killing me. Hilarious.
  • The talk between Yan and Cael about Shelk. Man-to-man. Awesome RP. :oops:
  • Leading the lowbie fight on Friday.

Oh my goodness so much I made two lists:

Letitia highlights:
All my lovely thralls who took their enslavements so well (knowing that I emotionally scarred some of your characters).
Going in the first night and getting introduced as a poor lost elf.
Getting Ryabel and Thalia to look me in the eye (especially when Thalia and I were right outside the tavern).
Getting Zeth, having Snows run in to see what’s wrong, getting him, having Takara show up and getting her. (Hearing Brittany say, I’ve always wanted to be enslaved”).
Hearing that someone thought Garrick and Letitia made a cute couple.
The first fight as Letitia, feeling quite powerful with my undead and most of the Earth Guild.
Throwing Toady off the roof! Taunting the PCs.
My final battle: dominating Garrick one last time, the insults and monologue-ing, and seeing the RP before my death.

Amanita highlights:
The stiff goodbye with Polare.
The roleplay with Bhaskara, Killian and Kasuni that revolved around Heartdrinker.
The role play with Amory and hearing about her sister Orin, who would be mad at her for adventuring in the Valley.
War names!!
Helping Ryabel with the posters, so addicting!
Hearing the story of the Mighty Griffin several times, especially when Garrick was around.
The role play with Ben’s Elder Jacek and Spikes that resulted in Amanita staying to defend the town. Even though many PCs may not have seen it, was a powerful turn for Amanita.

Hallucinating every one.

Spirit walking in to town wile on fire

Hearing Shelk giving orders on the field of battle.

Running around as a crunchy

Learning draxians

Hanging out with the new guys. Helping them get off to a good start as new adventurers.

Going against my instincts of leaving krytid alone just so the new guys can score some loot.

Fighting the tree and NOT dying this time.

-being under multiple effects within hours of 'lay on'.
-hanging out with Shelk, Oakpalm, and all the new players (near and far).
-RP with everyone and a few people saying outright, 'Um, you know who I am? I've been here forever and you never talk to me.'
-being a line leader for the Gray Crew through part of the Echos fight (we held together fairly well) before getting separated, resurrected, getting my angry on and running about 'naked', and almost cracking a rib at the end of the fight.
-getting pulled into things on the Corrupted and not where I thought things would go.

It was a blast coming out for the 4 day. I had all expectations completely blown away in the best way possible. The game atmosphere was what really did it for me: costuming was beautiful, RP was great, everyone was in good spirits, the decor team did an amazing job and the stunt team was a great touch! Shout out to: Ron, Cloey, Gabe, Bryan, Will, Matt and the rest of the Plot/NPCs that helped out. Trying to learn 80 names in 4 days both IG and OOG isn't easy, so apologies if I couldn't name all you fine folks!

Favorites:
- The Burning Na'hui Ritual. That was so amazing and it really made that fight terrifying! I heard things about the Corrupt but seeing them in action made me freaked out IG so many times.
- The Dryads! So many Dryads! It was great being able to jump into that Dryad plot with the Draxians and feel I was contributing.
- My elite Lair Card team of: Ishtar, 2 other Biatas, Lance's human, Shat, Thistle and Maven. We found way too much trouble together.
- The Elder, loved the costuming and RP.
- Being blown up by a 50 explosive trap Sunday morning. Luckily I only had pants on and not my entire bag of stuff. I hear the trap, say screw it to my OOG headband, look at the NPC smiling at me, and then fall over dying. Somethings you just gotta roll with.
- Asher, Lan?(white foxkin) and Dark Elf Beacon strike force. I love small team operations.
- Various talks in the Kitchen
- "You need him unconscious? Let me cast a cure light into him, then hit him with half my strength, and he'll be unconscious"-me "You can do that?"-Shelk
"it's faster!"-me
- Jehyu speaking up about the Lord of Echoes fight--so, how about we get one blacksmith to make the sword. "But we want more than 1 person with it." "Okay...then how about we make...15 of them, by the same guy."
- The Tree Spirit rep was really cool
- That poor female Dwarf getting every possible death spell thrown into her
- Rogue lifing July, Shat and one of the Dwarves behind the Echoes.
- The scenery, the bay, the trees, just overall the site in general.
- Getting to know a bunch of people in game at some point over the weekend.

I'm not sure when the next time I can make it out, but it was truly an amazing game and one of my Top 3 without a doubt. If you guys make it out to the National Game in SoMN 2014 or any game in Chicago I'll see you there!

- Ryan
Asher the Dryad

I had such a great time this weekend and am still processing it all! Kudos to logistics, plot, NPCs, and all the PCs for an amazing event! You all rock! Also - it was fantastic seeing all the new PCs and out-of-town visitors (wahoo - more Biata)! A few highlights include:

- Helping vampire Leticia make some new friends....and then tasting a few of them.
- All the people who helped Garrick and the RP around that situation.
- Creating draxian war names in the tavern.
- Getting to spend quality time with my Earth Guild and Oakpalm friends.
- Double-hooking
- Being one of the worst draxian teachers....ever. Thanks to everyone for all the laughs that night.
- The fantastic stunts, excellent costuming, and good sportsmanship all around. Also, special thanks to all those folks who helped with deco set-up and break-down (you know who you are)!

1) Watching Shelk grow into her own. She's become such an intregral part of Zeth's own development and emotional well-being.

2) All the RP with Amory.

3) Gypsy Zeth vs. Bocoonzy. Being told by Ian that he was a halfway-decent Gypsy (which I totally responded with "So you mean halfway-terrible?" This will have a long term impact...muhaha..

4) Remembering about five feet from The Lord of Echoes while webbed that I did, in fact, prepare a Magic Augmented Purify. In the middle of his Shatter Spirit incant. Oh god.

5) Draxian Naming. Endless Joy, Blackberry, and Brave Cookie. Oh man. That was awesome.

6) Teaching Chocolate with Garrick. I can't begin to tell you how amazing that was.

7) "How is it I've avoided enslavement in the Golden Horn, where you can't even drink the water for fear your mind will get taken, but twenty minutes into game I get turned into a vampire's minion?"

8) Rezzing the Dryad ex-Malwoken.

And sooo much more. This game was bleeding with awesome moments.

"How is it I've avoided enslavement in the Golden Horn, where you can't even drink the water for fear your mind will get taken, but twenty minutes into game I get turned into a vampire's minion?"

Because I am way cuter than any Hark ;)

-Amanda rolling Isaac. Bravo.
-Being enslaved and the cascading chain of events that pushed Bhaskara's moral boundaries.
-All the Toady RP.
-Telling a Draxian "Why don't you go ask Zeth what love is."
-Draxian RP
-All the PC RP

Where to begin!

-The intro mod to the Town: nothing better than a group of people that you've never met before pulling together to form an organized retreat into town! And those creepy red eyed bastards were allot of fun.

-All the great role play with everyone! We have such a great crew of Role players.

-Being Enslaved by Letitia: First thinking Ian had discovered I was enslaved and him knocking me out. Then finding out that Ian was enslaved!

-Then Later still no one suspecting Vavarick following Shelk into her cabin and casually asking "Ey Shelk how are your defenses?" So I knew Three Deaths would take her out! :D

-Hearing "Hey Zeth your apprentice is Dead!"

-Going catatonic from being enslaved and trying to kill Shelk. That was some awesome RP

-Stunt Team!

-Feeling really pissed off when that Vampire *&^$ hurt Toady.

-Wanting to lay a Gypsy curse down on that *%$# when she made a rude comment about Toady. Then finding out Raiph had!

-Hangin out with Jeff as Raiph! Great to see Jeff!

-Tree fight

-Helping cast the Ritual to heal the Forrest of the Blight!

-Lord of Echo's fight did not know if we were gonna win that one wishing I could make people stand there ground but I'm just a healer with no fighting skill!

-Packet-ball on Sunday morning with the Nutty crew!

Draven said:
1) Watching Shelk grow into her own. She's become such an intregral part of Zeth's own development and emotional well-being.

Watching the two of them develop and grow is so enriching and reviving.

alright, where to begin!! there is so much that was amazing!

- everything with the oakpalms and growing pains with Zeth and tutoring with Polare. things weren't as rushed so teaching was much more lazy and easy and it was quite nice

- Vavarick deathing me in the back and all them gypsies

- seeing darien on the field and all the epic battle play that went into that.

- finally roleplaying with some characters I've never been close with before

- getting the tavern to toast the Mighty Griffin three times

- seeing the new characters charge into battle and be effective. all the new faces were so amazing. especially the high orc whose name I never pronounced right.

- teaching the draxian what love was and everything else. "little horn" loves them very much. on that note, getting my arm broken by tusk and going on the spider and spore awakening mods

- Toadiiiieeeee

Thank you everyone so very very much. I love you all, so thank you just so incredibly much.

I also thoroughly loved being enslaved by the vampire after being onsite about 30 seconds. :) I particularly enjoyed tricking, er, recruiting other minions ("Hey, can you come help me move this heavy trunk?"). Also loved being asked if I would drink a purify because I suspected of being enslaved. I amicably and casually agreed... then simply walked away. And got away with it! :)

Thanks again to everyone who worked so hard on this event, and thanks to those who kept me from rezzing - against all odds! - in the Echoes fight.

Druk said:
-
-Telling a Draxian "Why don't you go ask Zeth what love is."

So mean. :lol:

Ohh wow, so many moments to try to label. Overall this has been one of my favorite events in a long time, and I really feel I can't give plot and the NPC's enough props for all their hard work. But here goes,

-Being "Skree'd" repeatedly. That this now has a verb associated with it is amazing.
-For those that know, everything involving the "Wine Rack" was priceless.
-Getting a bunch of people together and investigating the sounds coming from the lake, only to find a family of bears playing in the water. Of course I was aghast that anyone would want to beat up the bears. I mean how would you feel if you were splashing around in your bath tub and someone busted in and killed you??
-Finding all the wanted posters, those were priceless.
-Amazing stunts, I could almost feel the heat rolling off the Corrupt summoning circle from across the field.
-Finally getting a chance in a single event to go on a mod with almost all my friends.
-Sadly having to kill Zeth, only to have him thank me for it later. :p
-Just in general allot of amazing role play from all the Enslaved crew, you people were so smooth it was actually criminal.
-So much More.

Thanks,
Eric/Teth

Eric said:
-Just in general allot of amazing role play from all the Enslaved crew, you people were so smooth it was actually criminal.
Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?

Eric said:
Getting a bunch of people together and investigating the sounds coming from the lake, only to find a family of bears playing in the water. Of course I was aghast that anyone would want to beat up the bears. I mean how would you feel if you were splashing around in your bath tub and someone busted in and killed you??
Nothing... Because I would be dead... :lol:

- Running into the vampire-circle to prison-storm Garrick, keeping him in prisons for nearly an hour, and then explaining, "Sorry favorite biata-buddy... but you're a vampire right now."

- Teaming up with Raganzi to get Heartdrinker. And then Heartdrinker/Chloe finding the "magic words" to shut down anything Kasuni is doing.

- The 5-hour Sunday afternoon drinking-bonanza by the gazebo. Not one of us was qualified to teach Jemenfiche how to flirt.

- Getting confined during the drunk-hallucinating-lizardfight (thanks Tantarus!). Mixing a hallucinate into a drink while confined (it was a feat) and getting Taliya to feed it to Alavatar and Kirsten's dryad. Everything Alavatar did after that.

- Avaran & Raganzi's Dwarf Cage Fights.

- All the roleplay with Polare leaving, both with Polare, and other affected parties. Trying to find "a place" without him around.

- The intense RP with Killian, Cael, Frayten, Vanyal, Tanis, and a few others who wandered by after the incident with Heartdrinker & the Elder Draxian.

- Having a new celestial caster buddy to hang out with... Jemenfiche!

- Probably being the first MWE ever to be charged with "aiding an abetting a slaver". Explaining to the other MWE the long-term benefits of reforming slavers vs. killing them.

- The wine rack. Using an endow to break a piece off, and then Slice yelling at Kasuni for breaking it. Then Slice breaking a piece off, and quickly hiding it.

- Talking with Tanis, and having that conversation lead to more long-term changes.

- Zeth being a good buddy and standing up for Kasuni with the Elder Draxian :) And hearing about Alavatar and Shelk doing similar things.

- Getting to talk briefly with Pasca on Friday about Kasuni's reasons for resignation.

- Every conversation with Amanita.

- Hitting Shelk with a thrown spell shield during the tree fight. Thanks for that idea Boganzi! ;-)

Back