Friday Night Fae Event (IG and OOG)

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
IG - As you slept last night, a vision of beautiful creatures frolicking in the forest that you do not recognize. Sounds of music trickles through the forest, lights blink in and out and there is an unnatural fogs that pervades the air. A humanoid creature dressed in old but faded finery stands at the center of the celebration. You see images of alien food and drink being passed around. Much dancing and carousing appears in your dreams...but also a vision of something darker and more...dangerous.

The vision of the party fades from your memory and now a lone deerkyn stands in front of you welcoming you, in fact beckoning you into the forest...an eerie light coming from the forest behind him. Whether you choose or not to follow...that is up to you....

After a moment the vision fades from your dreams returning you to a nice deep pleasant sleep.

OOG - Friday night of nationals there will be a fae event. This is similar to many of the fae events we have done in Denver in the past in that it is more adult themed than other events throughout the weekend. First of all, this party will be limited to anyone that is 18+, we please ask that if you are under 18, that you do not attend this event. Secondly it is more adult themed but consent will always be required for any physical contact. If you do not feel comfortable being around more sexualized situations, we ask that perhaps you choose to not attend this fae event (the rest of nationals will not be like this). There will be more information coming on the exact time/location of the event IG. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me.

Last edited:
If I were still a marshal, I would absolutely and unequivocally protest against something like this occurring at any Alliance event, and especially not Nationals. I feel this absolutely is counter to the spirit of the rules and should absolutely be reconsidered.

How are you going to make sure that no one under 18 attends? Are you going to requires presentation of identification? Do you REALLY want to take the chance that everyone will abide by your age restriction without enforcing it directly?

As it is, I am neither attending this event - thankfully now - and no longer a marshal.

@Mike Ventrella for visibility, futile as that may be.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were still a marshal, I would absolutely and unequivocally protest against something like this occurring at any Alliance event, and especially not Nationals. I feel this absolutely is counter to the spirit of the rules and should absolutely be reconsidered.

How are you going to make sure that no one under 18 attends? Are you going to requires presentation of identification? Do you REALLY want to take the chance that everyone will abide by your age restriction without enforcing it directly? Good luck with that lawsuit. #MeToo doesn’t require proof of any wrong doing, just the accusation.

As it is, I am neither attending this event - thankfully now - and no longer a marshal.

@Mike Ventrella for visibility, futile as that may be.

I think your missing this
Secondly it is more adult themed but consent will always be required for any physical contact. If you do not feel comfortable being around more sexualized situations, we ask that perhaps you choose to not attend this fae event.
. No one is forced to do ANYTHING. This is a game and if you feel uncomfortable, remove your self. Just walk away.
I think its great and proactive (instead of reactive) that Denver sent out this post. It's already saying, if you don't like this kind of thing, walk away.

Hi Avaran,

Thank you for posting your concerns. I'm going to reach out to you privately to find out more what your concerns are. I'd love to have a discussion about this. David is absolutely correct, this is absolutely optional, is an event that is happening while other things are going on. I believe in giving PCs a OOG heads up about situation that may or may not be comfortable to them so that they can choose whether they want to participate. Anyway, thank you for starting a discussion regarding this.

David, thank you for posting your clarification. I really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Mike Paxton

Might also be worth mentioning that it is a removed location. This is not happening in common areas and is not something you can just stumble into or feel close to without purposefully making yourself a part of it.

Also, Avaran, I believe it's important to be clear that we have very strict consent policies on all kinds of physical and romantic roleplay, much stricter than every other chapter in the nation. If you'd like to read up on them, please do.

-Taylor Kaiman

I believe it's important to be clear that we have very strict consent policies on all kinds of physical and romantic rolepla

More strict than "Not allowed. Period."?

Much stricter than every other chapter in the nation. If you'd like to read up on them, please do.

See, this is part of my issue.

1) Neither you, nor anyone at Denver, knows everyone who is going to be attending.
2) People don't always make the 'right' decision, often thinking they can handle something when in reality they can't; yeah, even people who are 'adults'. Hope for the best, sure, but plan for the worst/lowest common denominator.
3) Nowhere in the OP is there a link to these rules, doesn't talk about what these rules are so no link is needed. That is something that absolutely should have been included, and wasn't. Anything else that falls into that category that people are just - I guess - magically just supposed to know?

It is the chapter staff's job to ensure everyone is safe and make sure everyone knows what is and isn't expected.

As I said, unless you are checking ID's of everyone there, you're putting a whole lot of trust in people you don't know, and it doesn't seem like things are being adequately covered, imho. All it takes is one person to have things go sideways.

Last edited:
Back