From Hiding

Hello,

I'm not sure if any of you know or remember me, and thats probably just as well.

I am a wanted man, wanted for crimes I did not commit and was framed for but thats nor here nor there because you need to know.

I was once a guild-lord of the Guild of Alchemical Research, after my framing, I went on the run... Recently, I was contacted through an old safe drop by someone claiming to be of the naturalist society of Ternia. The said they had found some odd alchemical components and felt they might be able to create a new form of short duration, high potency poison but needed someone with the skill to figure out the specific.

In exchange, I was offered safe passage out of Wayside, never to return and a modest life as a court Alchemist to a local Ternian Lord. I did as I promised, but was not rewarded.

I figured out that the compressed nightshade was infused with a kind of inky black magic, by combining alchemy and formal I was able to make several substrates which, if added to an elixir, could quintuple the potency of an alchemy but likewise reduce to only a fraction of the duration....in essence the effect resolves anywhere between 2-5 times based on the original potency but is reduced to 30 secs.

I normally don't share so much..but i think you should know...when I made the hand off...before those bastards tried to kill me, I was asked if it would work on a death elixir...it dawned on me then that I might have helped make an elixir that.

The good news is, it wont last very long...the bad news is, I think there are 3 vials of the substrate in play. My guess is, there will be 2 available to be used and 1 for research to these guys.... thank goodness they didn't know about my shadow rifting skill or id have been eaten...but whats odd is, I woke up 2 hrs later groggy headed with no spells in memory and my arcane armor hat was gone..oh well bad luck is the only kind ive had since the High Regent died.

Tuffledhat-
Former Guildlord of Alchemy
Former Marutian Master of the celestial guild.

PS- Don't see me out, I'm not a dragon mage but I am a squirrelly jerk...i will run before i bleed all over your shoes.

Tuffledhat,

My heart rejoices! Even my eyes would if they could gaze upon you. Every time I though of the old times I lamented. Though it would seem that you have finally revealed yourself I understand the need for discretion. Although I worry about your safety. Tis a happy day for the friends of wayside. Seasons have come and gone since I last took lesson from you. Even now I hunger for knowledge that I know I could glean from you. Coming home could be dangerous. Others may still seek to do you harm. None the less I would have you come to speak on these matters first hand. Do you think such a thing possible? Still you would be a sight for sore eyes. Potentially we could be informed by an emissary of yours. Others surely must have taken to your accounting for the purpose of study? They may be able to come in your sted? Sending someone could be dangerous for them if you are still a wanted man. An agent could be captured and compelled to testify as to your location. More than once I was asked about your whereabouts. Even though our affiliation was a passing one at best people seemed to think otherwise. They must know by now that as much as they would like to know I have no knowledge of where to locate you. Indeed it would seem that you are an exceptionally sly man. Most of them had even my dubious powers of perception fooled. Even so it is good to simply hear your dreams once again.

-Ark

Tuffledhat,

I thank you for you honesty. Issues will be resolved, but, first you must meet with me so we may continue the process. It has progressed for far too long and I would like this affair to end this market day. If you also feel that way seek me out.

Sera FallingStar

Tuffledhat,
When you say that a death elixir might be 2-5 times as effective, do you mean the person may dissipate sooner, or are you saying they will suffer multiple deaths all at once? If you were framed, and I believe you were based on the information available to me, I am interested in helping you clear your name.
Hunter Davion

Davion,

An elixir which would break past several defensive barriers and shorten the duration of the death count.

Tuffledhat

Back