Fuming & Itchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liscious

Yetta makes her way to the Ogre's Head Tavern, parchment with barely-dry ink in hand, fuming to Magnus as she storms through the streets

"That rotten Lady Elizabeth pulled the wool over my eyes! Wool makes me itchy! Terribly unpleasant! Most infuriating! I will give this list of all the groups tasked with various things to Mobeus... then I am thinking long & hard about what other parts I can play to give that nasty woman what-for! I hope if you find her at her estate, Magnus, you give her an extra kick from me!"

(this carries on in roughly the same manner all the way to the tavern)

Mobeus is pouring over some work in the Tavern, his nature is collected but moderately busy. "The Duke, Kara Vale, Alzoon, The Syndicate, Gnolls, Marauders, and Goblins.." he comments humorously under his breath "oh my..." he grins for a moment before stating, "So many enemies, from so many sides, they attack from every angle taking grievously from us.. It follows us even from the Breach, and yet here we are night after night fighting." closing his book for a moment he purses his lips and says, "A hawk that chases two rabbits chases neither, perhaps our focus needs to be on one thing at a time. Perhaps if we can force the Duke down, then..." he looks up towards the entrance of the tavern, almost expectantly.

Yetta enters the tavern, still agitated & blustering...

'Magnus, please get us drinks & a snack - I see Mobeus - I'll be sitting with him. Thank you my friend.'

Yetta heads towards Mobeus' table, brandishing the list of groups like a wand

'Mobeus! Glad you are here... the scribed list as was requested... I understand you want to post it publicly. Wouldn't be my choice, but I am not a decision maker around here. Please tell me if I can be of any further service. This whole situation has just curled my sideburns! Not in a good way mind you!' Yetta pauses to breathe & realizes she is ranting still 'Are you hungry? Magnus & I were about to eat - will you join us?'

Yetta sits down & tries to breathe deeply & calm herself.

A stern look on his face, Crow burst through the door of the Ogre's Head with purpose. The portly man scanned the entirety of the tavern and within a few moments found his target. With a quick and steady stride the tribesman made his way over to the magistrates table...

Mobeus nods his head, "Of course dear Yetta, I could eat, I often forget to..." he pauses and looks at the list gingerly, "This list will be very important, I want it to be available to our members, not public per say.. but anyone of our enemies has eyes and ears everywhere already.. I just want to verify people know who they are going with of course. Once I have all the names, if we get any newcomers, or lose any current, we can be up to date.." his eyes meet Krows and he nods his head, "Evening Krow.."

Kai slips into the tavern behind another patron. She's back to wearing her normal clothing, with her non-descript cloak overtop. She seems to have shed the bulk of her shoulder bag and sword, and she creeps quietly towards the cluster at the magistrate's table.

As he moves close to the table, Crow inclines his head politely to both Mobeus and Yetta in turn, "Pleasure to see you Yetta. Magistrate, I won't take much of your time, I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction. My research is going beyond the means of our library, which means that with your permission, I will need the use of yours. I am both unsure of where to find your sanctums headquarters, as well as who I need to speak to once I'm there for them to allow me to read some of your older and more powerful books. If you've any form of enlightenment on either matter I would appreciate it and then be on my way, if not then it would be the same outcome." The portly tribesmen thumps his staff on the floor as if to announce that he's now finished speaking.

Entering the Ogre’s Head tavern, Morrigan brushes some light snow off her shoulders. It has been far too long since she spoke to any others from the Breach, and that damn husband of hers has been disappearing frequently for the past few days after the King’s fancy party, wandering gypsies know where, looking for some woman. So, it is time to catch up with some friends and see if someone knows just who this woman is that Hamish is chasing down and why – it had better be because she is bad and he has to arrest her, any other reason than that will see the Earth circle fill with Hamish and this woman’s screams.

Spotting familiar faces Morrigan heads that way. Stopping at the table, bow in hand, she says without waiting “Who the Fook is this woman that Hamish is looking for, she is all he can think and talk about, when he isn’t out looking for her, and I want to know what the Fook is going on. Do I need to kill both him and her for carrying on behind me back?” Looking from one face to another she stares them all down as she waits for an answer as to what is going on with her husband.

Sarryn coming out of the shadows behind Mobeus flags down a bar maid and orders drinks for himself, putting his hand on Mobeus' shoulder "would you like anything to drink, something strong maybe, seems to be many people are needing you"

The door to the Ogre's Head opens and a large Lion Saar enters. He wears a breast plate emblazoned with the Arcane Sanctum crest, his massive flamberge strapped to his back. He eyes the room, seeing Adpetus Major Mobeus, he moves to the table.

Towering over everyone in the room he half growls a greeting. His eyes scan those seated and ends at the Adeptus Major. "Mobeus, do you know the whereabouts of one of the Breachers? A Valdenhold Elf named Derya?" as he asks, he looks to each person, reading the expressions on their faces.

"Ay, Master Magi Farr'Shen, what an honor having you grace the Ogre's Head tavern," comes from behind the bar, "to what do we owe this fine pleasure?" asks Artie.

His ears perking up at the name, Crow addresses the stranger, "If you've a message for the woman, I can relay it."

Magi Farr'Shen turns to greet the familiar voice. "Ah, well met again Artie. It has been a while. I see Sasha finally sold this hole in the wall. Glad to see it in good hands." He half turns when Crow starts to address him a scowl crossing his face, "Do I look to be a simple messenger, little man? If you have information on this Dreya's whereabouts you are to tell my by Order of Lord Az'Caine, ArchMage of the Arcane Sanctum." He turns to look at everyone else at the table then back to Artie. Then he leans over Crow and takes a few sniffs of the barbarian getting his scent and others.

"I ran into the lass a few weeks back, she was down by the docks. " Shrugging his shoulders, "maybe she misses the sea life. I don't know many Valdenholds that stay land lock for long. I do hope she didn't offend Lord Az'Caine at the King's Masquerade. I hear the Wheatly wine was flowing pretty freely."

A slight grin splaying his lips as he realizes he's annoying the celestial caster, "Ah, if you're under orders from the Lord Archmage himself, I know what this matter pertains too, and would be able to speak on behalf of the Valdenhold as she is increasingly hard to find these days." The portly tribesman crosses his arms about his chest, leaning his staff in the crook of one elbow thinking, 'Your move, mage.'

"The docks will have to do for a start. I will inform the Colonel to have the Home Guard look for her during their patrols." Magi Farr'Shen states to Artie. He looks back to Crow and chuckles. "If I had the time, I would teach you the manners your tribesman should have before you left your mud hut. If the ArchMage asks for a Valdenhold elf, that is who shall be brought before him, not some gutter rat of the northern tribes." He takes another sniff at the barbarian. "And unless you normally wear such lovely perfume, I think I have what I need to track down the young lady. Thanks for your help."

With that the Lion Sarr turns and leaves the tavern, now back on the hunt.

Turning back to the table, "And here people wonder why I seem to be at odds with the Arcane Sanctum. My apologies if I was rude to the gentleman magistrate, I was being quite honest about a matter that Derya had confided in me. I'm looking for passage to the more senior wings of your library, perhaps if you see the Archmage you could inform him I do have information on the matter, as well I'll be situated there for the foreseeable future."

Chuckling under his breath at Krow's comments he turns to a serving girl, "I have to go check on some deliveries, be back in a few hours."

Mobeus blinks and looks around his rather crowded table and opens his mouth to speak on several occasions before just smiling. So much stuff happening around his table, he points to Sarryn before responding, "Something light on the pallet please Sarryn." before pursing his lips and thinking of responses. "You require some light reading, I am certain I can see you to the main Library of the Sanctum.. and do not fear I do not easily offend Krow." he turns to Kai and gives a gentle nod at her approach. Looking to Morrigan he smiles sweetly at her and responds, "He is a loyal man, only powerful magic could pull him away from your beauty." In the whirlwind of everyone talking, Farr'shen quickly came and left, he sighs softly, "It is my hope the searching for our friend brings about positive news. I doubt she would do anything to harm the realm, and has been a strong member of the breach for many moons now..." and waves to Artie on his way out.

"I fear I must be off as well magistrate, I've books to find and I have the feeling this business with Derya is only just beginning." Crow says, bidding farewell to those huddled around the table, patting the magistrates shoulder and then making his way to the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back