Fun thread: Who are you?

Poalo said:
To quote my brother: "Paolo Oscarot is what happens when Jason Bourne is played by Chris Farley."

He is based initially on Paolo Veratza, my text based halfling rogue who posed as a paladin (Dragonrealms anyone?), most everything else are snippets of various spy tropes crossed with scientist tropes (mostly by wonderful accident)

< Moving with incredible power and control, you step backward and then slice at a shaggy black barghest. A shaggy black barghest attempts to evade, avoiding only some of the blow. The sword lands a powerful strike that partially splits the sternum, snapping some ribs surrounding the heart, lightly stunning it.
[You're incredibly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

I've often tapped into names of other PC's or characters from Dragonrealms when needing to come up with a name on the fly...

Which amusingly enough, I reactivated my DR account a couple days before you posted that.

Stana said:
Poalo said:
To quote my brother: "Paolo Oscarot is what happens when Jason Bourne is played by Chris Farley."

He is based initially on Paolo Veratza, my text based halfling rogue who posed as a paladin (Dragonrealms anyone?), most everything else are snippets of various spy tropes crossed with scientist tropes (mostly by wonderful accident)

< Moving with incredible power and control, you step backward and then slice at a shaggy black barghest. A shaggy black barghest attempts to evade, avoiding only some of the blow. The sword lands a powerful strike that partially splits the sternum, snapping some ribs surrounding the heart, lightly stunning it.
[You're incredibly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

I've often tapped into names of other PC's or characters from Dragonrealms when needing to come up with a name on the fly...

Which amusingly enough, I reactivated my DR account a couple days before you posted that.

I haven't played DR in forever! I kind of miss TKTing goblins with pieces of moldy bread...

My character's name comes from the first hero I ever played in Dota. My character's attitude and profession have kind of developed after Gaston from beauty and the beast. My character is supposed to be really, really full of himself, so I try and channel Armstrong from Full Metal Alchemist. I'm a somewhat mischievous person, so there's also a helping of... hmm... the weasely twins from harry potter?

Laguna is based on the Final Fantasy 8 character Laguna Loire. He is a kind hearted do-gooder with a penchant for freezing up around pretty girls.

My Laguna just happens to not have a machine gun.

Laguna Hallik said:
Laguna is based on the Final Fantasy 8 character Laguna Loire. He is a kind hearted do-gooder with a penchant for freezing up around pretty girls.

Lame. :robot:

My characters tend to have a lot of me in them...Valím has a whole lot of me, but with a more colorful history and maybe a little William Wallace thrown in. My alt will have a little of me in the costuming, but still working on the personality.

-Luke

Riddick was originally designed to be "me" without a filter. But, over time he has evolved and grown in unexpected ways.

RiddickDale said:
Laguna Hallik said:

Lame. :robot:

If your "lame" is to the lack of machine guns. Alliance doesn't have any, yet.

If its to FF8, Loire was the only worthwhile character to care about in an entire sea of lackluster videogame. Now that's worthy of remembering.

I think it's more to 'playing a direct copy of a videogame character'. :twisted:

That's one of those, "If I could tell myself when..." moments. Five years is good enough to ignore that stigma.

Newbie Me just didn't want to play another one of those "me without a filter" jobs going around. :p

It was the lack of machine guns.

Although FF8 was worse than X-2. So there is that. (Yep. I went there.)

X-2 had the best battle system Square ever designed. I contend it was incredibly fun to play and the story was amusing if you knew in advance what you were getting into. I stopped playing it in disgust when it first came out and later went back to it with different expectations and had a blast MST3King my way through it.

Argus Varda is based off a little of Aragorn from LOTR.

Personality wise he's pretty much me.

The name Argus comes from playing Magic the Gathering. There is a legendary creature called Argus Kos, Wojek Veteran. Basically he is a soldier who is loyal to the army he serves and tries to protect the plane he lives on. I also like the name Argus because it remindes me of the word "Argent," Latin for "Silver."

My upcoming character, hopefully in 2012, will be Gero Uncia. He is a snow leopard gorbe fighter. He will be based off of Kratos from the God of War series and Tai Lung, the antagonist from Kung Fu Panda. This gives you a little insight into how he will be.

Years after I started playing Alyssa Darksnow, Rose Tyler came along and I went, "Heeeeeeeeeey..."

My original character concept for Alyssa though was a saying, "A broken watch is exactly on-time twice daily; a watch which works may only be correct once in its lifetime." Alyssa's the broken watch.

Ehetere? I don't know yet. I'm thinking Charlie Baltimore/Samantha Caine from Long Kiss Goodnight

(Carolina Maria Brasa de) Cortez was based off a song, "Legend of a Cowgirl" by Imani Coppola. Turns out, she's kind-of like Fiona from Burn Notice: she's a girl's girl, but she will shred you if you cross her. And she can curse you out something fierce.

Fidget is part Fizgig, part Sir Didymus, part Apocalypse (a real rabbit).

Ona's appearance is a cross between Native Americans and Roman Gladiators.

Shamad's garb is based loosely on a cross between Altair from Assassins Creed and the Hassansin from Prince of Persia.

Their personalities, though I haven't actually played Shamad yet, are mostly extensions of myself. Ona is the "not stupid but not educated either" fun loving good guy. Shamad has a much darker personality that I have to play with to try and develop.

Leata Moss (Lady Leata Moss)

Appearance-
gypsy reject quilt
rin fair
Cinderella and bell from Disney
Bake shop-inn keep from any amine

Clueless naivety
Wide eyes to new things
Gets a high off of life
Aril - the little mermaid

Openly will stand up to supreirs if it's something they believe in and is being done wrong, yet knows when to fall in line
Inner conflict, plagued with nightmares
Ichigo Kurosaki – bleach

Easy going
Inner drive to make others happy and feel useful and be useful
Complete lack of confidence on some fields
Big heart easy to make cry, emotional investment
Side kick – understands one can not do anything with out the cooperation and team worth of others.
Afraid most of the time but when brave- scary brave with blind and powerful rage
Goes out of the way to help r do for others, feels overlooked half the time…
Has a peruse even if unknown, feels one day will have to sacrifice everything and ones self to save others, is prepared to dose, but fears failing.
Orihime Inoue – bleach

Strong willpower and belief in ones moral code over anything Elis
Loner up bring / outcast /way to young when begin there adult journey
Dark family history even if un-true/ a lot to live up to,
Exceptions of greatness forced on self by others or ones self
Naroto – Naroto anime

Giver, freely hands out that witch works hard to earn
Believes in freedom of information, thinks information is power and the more that have the information the less people can be hurt by said information.
Truth seeking even if the truth is a bit odd bad hard to believe or storage, or corrupt
Luna Lovegood - from the harry potter movies/books

Seeks guidance and council in elders for small things wile makes clear cut choice on large things
unknown

Back